1850 Sons of Malice

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Thehaunted
Slave on the Altar

1850 Sons of Malice

Post by Thehaunted »

So I've been play 40k for six years and I do very well at tournaments but I've grown rather tired of the Emperor's lapdogs. So I've looked at the chaos codex and I think its rather powerful if you don't go for sill tricks. So here's my list and I'll tell you how it all goes together afterwards. Thanks.
Lord, mark of Khorne, demon weapon, juggernaut

Sorceror, lash

10 Khorne Berzerkers
Champion, powerfist
Rhino

10 Khorne Berzerkers
Champion, power weapon
Rhino

10 Chaos Marines, 2xFlamers, Icon of chaos glory
Champion, powerfist
Rhino

10 chaos marines, 2xFlamers, Icon of Chaos Glory
Champion, powerfist
Rhino

5 Plague Marines, 2xMelta
Rhino

5xPlague Marines, 2xMelta
Rhino

5 Havocs, 4xMelta
Rhino

So the sorceror goes with plague marines or havocs and the lord follows the rhinos. The Khorne lord and squads can fight anything in the game well. And the plague marines are there to pop a vehicle and then go objective grabbing while the 10 man squads can flamer and fight big units or almost anything else. I'm pretty sure its a good list but let me know what you would change or what you think. Thanks.
"Don't talk smack. If you talk smack and win, you're an a** hole. If you talk smack and lose, you're an idiot."
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

Post by Grandmasterfred »

first off sorcerrer cant use the lash without mark of slannesh

secondly i wouldent bother with the melta guns with the havocs
if you gave them autocannons instead and put them in a high feature
you wouldent really need the rhino. i speak from experiance one round of shooting from a unit of auto cannons will completly obliterate pretty much any thing short of a land raider (though it would probably go to)

your opponent will probaly hide in cover leaving you free to advance with your CSM and plague marines
and id drop the deamon weapon because chances are pretty good that youll roll a one and the last thing you need is for the seargent you were about to kill to hit you with a power fist.