Sisters of Battle

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Fuzzydeath
Cold One Knight

Sisters of Battle

Post by Fuzzydeath »

I'm curious about a list I saw for Sisters of battle.

it features 10 Immolators, which I'm curious as to how that would work. I looked in the Witch Hunters codex, and it doesn't seem possible due to force structure rules. (only 3 slots for heavy support, or if you use them as dedicated transports I only see 3x Fast attack and 3x Heavy) Anyone know if there's alternate rules out there that makes 10 Immolators legal?
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Dominion squads can take one as a dedicated transprot, so thats 3x fast and 3x heavy support for a total of six. It can be taken as transports for other units of 6 or less, but it does not count as a dedicated transport, so therefor, still fills a heavy support choice.
The only way to fit in 10is by cheating, or not knowing about it not being a dedicated transport and making the mistake. I'm guessing its the latter.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Fuzzydeath
Cold One Knight

Post by Fuzzydeath »

Hmm, yeah I thought I must be missing something. Oh well, mebbe it coulda been an apocalypse list, instead.

I was curious if there was some White Dwarf article or something that made it legal.. thanks for the info :)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

In apocalypse, anything is legal (by that I mean there is no force org chart, so you CAN have 100 immolators if you want.)

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Celestians can also be mounted in Immolators.
And dont forget that your heroine can have a retinue of celestians, that then count as a HQ choice, themselves mounted in an Immolator.

So 3xElite, 3xFast, 3xHeavy and 1HQ.
Total of 10 Immolators on the table.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

It doesnt say that it counts as a dedicated transport for the celestines or Cannonesse, which would mean it has to be taken from the heavy support choice.

Rkhatzar
Assassin

Post by Rkhatzar »

There was in 5th update of Imperial Armor II - set of rules, bringing WH to 5th - Rhinos for 35pts, and Immolators as dedicated transport for Cellestians i suppose.
”Fear in hearts, Fear in eyes, Fear is all before they die."
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Okay,I just read the FAQ, you can take an immolator as a dedicated transport for any unit.