assaulting terra

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Grandmasterfred
Executioner

assaulting terra

Post by Grandmasterfred »

some friends and i are planing on makeing scenario based campaign which ends in an assault on terra.
it goes without saying that there will be some special rules and units in play
my friends and i have already made rules for the entrance to the palace
and a unit of custodes as well as a beacon that allows air strikes which differ according to what race is in control of the beacon.
it will be chaos darkeldar and nids vs a superlist of the whole empire
so the defening player can take units(or character) from any codex without penalty

gate house
armor of 15(yes i know)
10 void shields

have yet to think up any weapons for the gate house yet so if there are any ideas

custodes
same stats as a brother captain +1W
nemesis force weapons +3S
allarmed with psycannon
when within12 inches of gate reroll to hit and to wound
debating if the seargent should get psychic powers or not
and if so if they should be able to choose any psychic power from any imperial codex.

am also thinking of adding some camapign rewards for winning the misions leading up to this mission
like a reward unit for the chaos player to counteract the custodes
and something for the nids and darkeldar as well any ideas would be appreciated.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

What senarios are you thinking of for the pre finalee games, also what is the story (if you have one) behind this war, ie why are they there. Are the evil armies allied to one another or competing?

The answers to those questions would help alot in thinking what bonouses the other armies should get ect.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

@Dranial: I completely agree.

@grandmasterfred: What Dranial said, and also, how did you umake the custodes? I have seen most people who make them do it by giving GK's Dark Eldar helmets, then painting the armour gold instead of silver/metal.
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

well the story at the moment is a chaos warmaster preparing to launch an assault on terra to try to kill the emporer ect ect and he is going so far as hiring the dark eldar to strengthen his position and undermine the defences of terra by raidng the out lying sytems summoning demons to draw off the bulk of the grey knight and inquisition as well as capturing a hive ship and corrupting it to gaain control of the tyranids attacking terra.

the first mission involves the dark eldar breaking a cult leader out of the inquisitions holding facilities before they get bogged down by the storm trooper gaurds. i also have a storm trooper captain who is essentially a inquisitor with out powers and has carapace armor and a bolt pistol and CCweapon

the second mission is the demon hunters attacking a planet currently occupied by chaos space marines force attempting to summon a powerful demon and his armys to distract the empire from the approaching tyranid swarm

the third missionis a dark eldar raid on a garrison world which is in a position
to reinforce terra if need be

the fourth is the tyranids attacking the moon

and the fith is the before mentioned terra mission

@ noble korhedron probably just going to use grey knight termis for models
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well of the top of my head the obvious benefits for the armies to be able to earn are (to my mind):

-Dark eldar. Make the prisoner a very powerful figure, an alpha class Psyker for example. Though the figure would be bound up and so unable to fight in the scenario to rescue him he could be a very powerful special character. I don't know much about DE background so I can’t really suggest anything further.

- Chaos. Should the Chaos player win the obvious thing to do is give them a free greater daemon with stats rolled from the Daemon hunters codex. To make things a little more interesting you could perhaps make a special rule triggering an automatic non scattering deep strike once the chaos player manages a certain number of kills.

- For the Tyrannids as they are under the control of the Chaos war master you could award them a unit of possessed gene stealers or Hive Tyrants or something.

Those are the obvious options, but there are lots of other things you could do. A successful attack on the moon by the Tyrannids could give them control of the orbital defence batteries emplaced there allowing them to fire on Terra.

The Daemon summoned in the event of a chaos victory could, rather than appearing directly on the battle field, inspire terror in the imperial forces or provide benefits to the Chaos army.

As I said those are just a few ideas off the top of my head.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

unfortunatly the dark eldar are even less tolerant of psykers than your average commisar but i geuss i can make the cultist leader a alpha psyker who just happans to lead a cult
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

He doesn't have to be a psyker, he just needs to be powerful. Go nuts and write (or have the DE player write) rules for a character just for this, maybe with an elite bodyguard.

Gentleman of Moderation
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

unfortunatly the nid player is unable to participate so my remaining friends and i will be recreating the siege of terra by horus and the traitor legions
i want it to be accurate but i also want it to be fair
and of corse have the emporer running around as well as horus and rogal dorn ect.

so here is a chance to go wild here guys i needsome stats for the emporer, horus,rogal dorn,sanguinious,mortharion,and agron
as well as a manner inwhich to keep it fair.

also all my friends agreed that horus should be slightly better than the emporer.

any help at all will be apreciated i dont really want to get into the creation of the rules myself because i am playing in this game.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Alright since I don't have anything better to do here is a go at Sanguineous. I am no expert on the Blood angels so if anything I put doesn't make sense please point it out.

My first reaction is 10 for every stat, but that wouldn't be much fun and besides Sanguineous had a good bit of trouble with a Blood Thirster though he did defeat it so greater deamon like stats seem appropriate for Primarchs.

Sanguineous, Lord of Angels

WS BS S T W I A LD
9 8 6 6 5 10 5(6) 10

Weapons: Sword of Deliverance, Judgement. Together these count as an additional hand weapon thus conferring +1 attack in alongside all other benefits.
- The sword of Deliverance is a power weapon which ignores invulnerable saves and allows re-rolls to hit and wound.
- Judgement is a bolt pistol made by Vulcan (I am making this up, if you know better please tell me) and is Range 24" Strength 5 AP4. Pistol.

Armour: Beatic Aegis
- The Beatic Aegis is a near perfect suit of armour designed specifically for the Primarch of the Blood Angels. It confers a 2+ armour save and a 3+ invulnerable save.

Special Rules: Wings, Blessed aura
Wings- Sanguineous may move as though equipped with a jump pack.

- Sanguineous projects such an aura of calm and confidence in those around him that they feel that there is nothing they cannot accomplish. All friendly units within 18" automatically pass any leadership based test they are called upon to make. Any unit joined by the Primarch also gains +1 attack as long as he remains within the unit.

As I say I am no expert on the Blood Angels though I have read most of the Horus Heresy series. Anyway take it or leave it (or modify it). It is nice to have a valid excuse to do this kind of thing.

Gentleman of Moderation
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

thank you drainial lets hope that other people agree with you ang make some more stats and rules for me but feel free to make some more in fact please do.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Alright I will try my hand at some rules for Mortarian (Jagheti Khan should also be on the list, though he was fighting at the space port rather than at the palace)

WS BS S T W I A LD
8 8 7 7 6 7 5 10

Weapons: Grand Manreaper, the Lantern
- Grand Manreaper: Mortarian's vast scythe, now home to a medley of soul devouring daemons who feed on the energies their master rips from the bodies of mortals. The Grand Manreaper allows no armour saves. For every ten infantry models Mortarian kills he gains +1 attack up to a maximum of 10. Primarchs killed count as 20 souls taken.

-The lantern. Mortarian's pistol is a unique construction firing a beam of light both wider and more intense than any weapon of equivalent size. The Lantern is a pistol with range 24, strength 8 and uses the small blast template (no scatter).

Armour: Fetid shell

-Already armour of incredible strength after having accepted the blessings of father Nurgle Mortarian's armour has grown a thick chitinous shell of bone weeping with pus. The Fetid shell confers a 2+ armour save and a 3+ invulnerable save. In close combat any saves made on the roll of a six have released a spurt of acidic pus, the attacking model suffers 1 strength 4 wound, saves may be taken.

Special Rules: Fearless, herald of plague.
- Fearless: As a Primarch Mortarian has little to fear in this universe. Both he and any squad he joins automatically pass any leadership based test. This has no effect on psychic attacks.

-Herald of Plague: As the favourite of papa Nurgle Mortarian carries a plague unlike any other in the galaxy which can kill all but the strongest within moments. Any and all individual models not bearing the mark of Nurgle (including friendly units) within 12" must roll bellow their own unmodified toughness or take one wound with no saves allowed. This has no effect on vehicles or daemons.

Gentleman of Moderation
Malekii
Shade

Post by Malekii »

You may need to write up rules for the emperor class Titan. It is twice as big as the reaver and ten times as powerful. But relax if you can't as there's only one so it may be elsewhere. FYI it has four arms two close combat a mega bolter and a volcano cannon plus other guns.
Never trust a monster wearing a top hat

Hi, i'm Malekii but you can call me My Lord.
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

really khan was there wow. does any one else know who was there primach wise
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Malekii
Shade

Post by Malekii »

All the primachs bar the two unknown ones were there
Never trust a monster wearing a top hat

Hi, i'm Malekii but you can call me My Lord.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

No they were not. Rubute Gulliman was on the other side of the Galaxy, The Lion and Russ were in a fleet heading towards Terra but arrived too late to take part in any fighting. Only the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists and White Scars were there to defend Terra and so on the loyalist side only they were present.

I am less certain about the traitors but the Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Death Guard and the Sons of Horus were probably all there, I know for certain that the Emperor's children were as well as the sons of Horus (obviously before they became the black Legion). The Thousand sons is a little more doubtful given the battering they took when Prospero fell. Unless there are Primarchs you particularly want to include because your friend plays a certain legion that we don’t know was there but equally don’t know wasn’t I would go for Angaron, Fulgrim, Mortarian and Horus.

Gentleman of Moderation