SAU VI: The Temple of Khaine

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Sleek's eyes grew as he heard Ilran retort, first in response to the harsh reply but as he neared the end, there was a glint of amusement to be found, backed up by the curl in his lips.

"My-my, I had thought you cooler than that. But this is not why I am pleased, Ilran,you have only confirmed my suspicions even more. I have given a reason for you to kill Darmortand that is the lack of a reason. A random kill would be ignored and the council would be no further than it was the day before. You yourself have advised us to move on and forget about it, have you not?"

"Besides, for what kind of fool do you take me? Why would I, as an assassin, make such a strong attack on one of the people with a high profile - and a loud mouth? Surely, if I were wrong, I'd be next up the chopping block. We are only two days far and short on other suspects; I would never live to see the end. No, if I were an assassin, I should've killed you then, not Darmort."

"No assassin would have taken the risk I took, knowing full well that we are only in the opening stages, Ilran. If you wish to poison the council with lies, I suggest you come up with one better than a suicidal assassin with sawdust as a brain."

Ending his reply, Sleek Davian sat down and returned the icy gaze with an indifferent look shortly. Then, his eyes wandered over the rest of the council for there lay the power to end this.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

'And of course, were I the assassin, I would logically rush headlong into murdering the first innocent to come and thereby expose myself to certain death. After all, it is well known: commoners have as much of a survival instinct as dhoine. No, Davian.' Drythe shook his head, amused. 'You would also have noted, were you not too busy attempting to convince our peers that you are not an assassin in disguise, that I did not dismiss Darmort's death - quite the contrary; I found it puzzling, and decided to withhold my vote until further light had been brought to this case.'

'Where your plan is flawed, Davian, is that you take all of us for morons - your "risk" has guaranteed feedback. It gets rid of one of the intelligent companions and diverts attention away from you. And for the love of Khaine, have a little consistency - first you accuse me of being an assassin in disguise using flamboyance to divert attention, and then you claim that no assassin would use that tactic under pain of death? Panicked minds slip easy, I see.'
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

XtremeNL entered the gardens, wearing a loose black robe, and a very light decorative breast place off a very deep red colour.

"Good morning my fellow Khaine worshippers. It was a sad day to see darmort die, and maybe even sadder that we did not get anything out of is death but confusion."
XtremeNL look at the two in argument with eachother; ANSOB and SLeek.
"You both do realise that both of your arguments are double edge swords? Sleek, your arguments of assasins seeking the spotlight holds as much ground against you as it does in your favour. A 'random' kill as you both called it could in this case well be used by sleek, but as we see, it also is a way to counter for ANSOB."
"I doubt either of you are assasins, i'm thinking that both of you are inquisitors that need some practise."
XtremeNL smiled and turned his attention towards Drakhan.
"You however, do not have the reason, faulty or right, of an inquisitor of Khaine. So i ask you to bring some better support against tastyfish, because the fact that her ignorance protects herself, still does not stop ignorance. If she thinks that there can be no females that are assasin's, she (or maybe me!) estimates the disguises wrongly. However drakhan, i think your vote is somewhat rashly, and you should reconsider, or better support it. I hope you support it better, so we have a valid option for our votes, instead of the duelling sleek and ANSOB.
Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

“So, we’ve had counter-accusations, hiding behind the council andtwisting my words to suit your needs.”

Sleek tapped his fingers before him to order his thoughts before speaking up once more.

“I never said you launched the assault on the first hapless passerby. As of yet, I took up arms against you and defended myself from your less than perfect argument that I were an assassin. The latter part of my argument referred to a hypothesis: what if you were right and I am an assassin? I think I’ve proven to the degree possible that if this were true I deserve to be dead.”

“Your actions yesterday, combined with the murder tonight, has made you suspicious, Ilran.Your reaction to the accusations has only strengthened my resolve. An innocent would’ve wondered why I had picked on him, what I was basing my case on. But you, you immediately counter-attacked, called me an assassin while anyone with half a brain would know that the mere notion is an insult to their intellect. When that faltered you took the next option and the next and I’m sure you’ll come up with something else yet.”

“You won’t drag me down to your level, Ilran,I like it up here.”
Great minds think alike.
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

Actually Drythe, I disagree with your argument. You say that if you were an assassin, you would kill one of your enemies. However, no, for if one of your enemies had died, it would have pointed to you. Oh no, better to kill off one of the quieter ones, than to kill someone who had openly gone against you, for that would point to you wanting to quieten them.

If someone else was an assassin, I believe that they would have killed off someone who spoke out against you, to make the evidence point to you being an assassin. However, if you are an assassin, you kill someone quieter, because killing one of your opponents would have the evidence point to you.

So therefore, I too, vote: A Neutral Shade of Black. Though I fear that if he is found innocent, votes will point to Daivan and myself, I hope that the other council members understand my views and actions.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Tastyfish
  1. Drakhan
    Ilran Drythe (A neutral shade of black. / Ansob)
  1. Sleek Davian (SleekDD)
  2. Seanzala
  3. The Liger
    Sleek Davian (SleekDD)
  1. Ilran Drythe (A neutral shade of black. / Ansob)

With 15 active players, 8 constitute a majority.

The Day's deadline is set between Tuesday 21h00 and Wednesday 21h00 (GMT).
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Finally the elf who had remained in the corner all of the previous day she spoke, "I have watched long and said little, your actions sometimes confuse me. At the moment both Ilran and Sleek seem to be acting strangely yet I am not sure at all and will remain open minded before making my decision." as she finished the pulled her chair forward into the light so all could see her.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

I think both Sleek and ANSOB talk to much and that they are trying to start bandwagons, I however will join neither for now.
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

Mel'Reyna had been too busy relaxing in the garden's sunlight and enjoying the change of scenery to do more than just listen in as the other debated, although the argument between Ilran and Sleek had pulled her from her daydreaming.

"Hmmm, you obviously both raise some good points, but since it appears the two of you are determined to take eachother out, we're going to have to side with one of you if we want to move on with finding the assassins. Having said that, I'm not really convinced that either of you are the hidden killers, but since we need to get this over with, I will vote against Ilran, as I'm not as convinced about him as I am of Sleek. Vote: A neutral shade of black."
Kin'eleth
Executioner

Post by Kin'eleth »

"The evidence against Ilran Drythe is feasible, but I do not think that he is an assassin. I do not believe that either Drythe or Davian are assassins. There doesn't seem to be much, if any, evidence against Davian. But, I do suspect that one of the two will be killed before long, and am curious to find out whether or not either was an assassin."

Satisfied with what he had said, Kin'eleth sat back, and watched the arguing continue.
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Morvai looked around to get a good look of the garden. It was really a beautiful place. He had been here a few times during his time at the temple but never so long as now. He always had enjoyed the garden. It was a place of peace and rest, now however it was a fish-market!
Two councillors argued over who was the assassin and they both blamed the other. Morvai thought of it as funny as two so dedicated persons just had to choose each other. If they had chosen a common target then it would have been executed by now.

Morvai wondered who he could end this discussion so that he could enjoy the garden in all the rest. His mind was still a little slow of the whine he had taken as breakfast, but after a full 2 minutes it finally struck him. He was a councillor, so he could end this with his vote. Laughing at himself for not seeing this earlier Morvai started to listen to the discussion so that he could judge on who he should vote.

Not long after Morvai knew who he should vote. Standing up on his shaky legs he raised his voice. “You accused Sleek to soon.” said Morvai while he looked at Ilran “If you had just explained that you where not an assassin, you would have been way more believable then now. By attacking Sleek after he voted for you, you show weakness and fear. An innocent would have first build up his defence and when his attacker has made a fool out of himself strike back.”
Morvai now took his eyes of Ilran and said: “For showing fear at being voted for and therefore probably having something to hide, plus the facts that Sleek stated, I vote Ilran!”

With that said Morvai sat down and looked around to see if there was a chance that he could get a drink in here.

Vote: ANSOB
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

"While I admit I have little evidense against Tastyfish I seek to get my job done and kill these assasins. I would like to point out people who do not vote Ilran are miost likly either his fellow assasins as they would not suport Sleek or if Sleek is an assasin his first atackers. I would prefer to wait alittle to see how this folds out but it seems obvious to me who will die so I Unvote: Tastyfish Vote: ANSOB
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

'Weakness and fear, Morvai? And how would you react if you were surrounded by idiots with the power to declare your death in their hands? I'm sure you would sit down calmly and accept your fate, yes? Contrary to all you suicidal fools, I intend to live through this trial - which involves using my wits to discover the assassins, not help them cover their trade. Perhaps I voted for Sleek too soon, but that does not change the fact that I believe him to be one of theirs - and he has not proven me wrong so far.'

OOC: AFK for today, got a major piece of work to do for an interview with Rackham.
General Kala wrote:
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

The minds of the aspirants are settling. Although some carry their opinion with more determination than others, their votes all have the same weight. Steadily, people are deciding on their action for the day, carefully considering the implications, for their behaviour will not only influence the course of action today, but will also be a decisive factor on other days to come.

Tarbo keeps an eye on the councillors while marking the votes on the paper that rests idly in his hands. He admits that he is curious what the outcome will eventually be.

But his thoughts are interrupted when a few servants arrive, carrying on their silver platters much needed refreshments. He picks one, a polite smile set on his lips, and lets them continue to the aspirants to choose their own. It's all about choices today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Seanzala
  3. The Liger
  4. Mel'Reyna
  5. Morvai
  6. Drakhan
    Sleek Davian (SleekDD)

With 15 active players, 8 constitute a majority.

The Day's deadline is set between Tuesday 21h00 and Wednesday 21h00 (GMT). All players are expected to have posted at least once by Tuesday, 21h00. Currently, 4 haven't done so yet.

I'd like to remind everyone that inactive players are removed before the end of the Day. This means that the needed number for a majority would drop to 6, down from 8.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

"Yes... it seems..."
Ashnari licked his lips.
"You see, there is reason for me to vote for Ilran. The fact that if I do, something will be done. And if he's innocent, we can always bag Morvai or Sleek, too. However, voting will make me look thte bandwagoneer, and bandwagoneers are always suspicious. But is being a bandwagoneer enough of a reason to die? The fact is, I do not think so. However, I do not agree with Morvai's story of fear and unjustification thereof. You would also be worried if you had enough votes to make your imminent death look... well, imminent. Therefore... I do not vote for now. However, my mind is leaning towards our dear Morvai for now, for the simple reason of his utterly foolish reasoning."
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

Sleekwaved a dismissive hand at Ashnari Doomsong.

"Yes-yes, there will be plenty of backs for you to plunge your dagger in after this. Just remember to keep a few standing to hide behind and you'll be just fine."

He then turned to the other councillors.

"We only have a few hours time left before the sun sets and the assassins get to make their move. But I fear they are already at work this very moment by trying to defuse the situation. So far, only two kinds of people will not have voted for Ilran: his friends and the faint of heart."

"So far, those who haven't voted have made weak attempts at trying to stop the voting but never - not once - have they given anything close to a worthy alternative. Yet, they refuse to vote all the same, pretending they're above it all. Well, let me tell you, your pride will not safeguard you from the deprivations of Ilranand his ilk. You are just as mortal as we all are."

"We rule the day and the assassins rule the night, these are the rules and we live or die by them. Staring at the flowers and hoping someone else will do the dirty work is not going to help; we needa majority to get anything done. Slacking off is not an option, not to mention disrespectful of the position you all claim to be striving for."

"The difference between following and bandwagoning is subtle and can only be made after the execution has passed. Not voting because you're afraid to be caught bandwagoning is not only futile, it is a show of cowardice. And by not voting we accomplish nothing."
Great minds think alike.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

"I will hold my vote for now, though I don't expect any new evidence to arise before nightfall. Unless any new accusations are made before dusk I will cast my vote for Drythe.

I fear my appeal to logic and reason have earned me the suspecian of Drakhan, if there is anything I can do to ease your mind do say. I merely pointed out that by refining our search somewhat we might be able to catch one of the assasins swiftly before turning our attention to the rest of the council. If it would put your mind at rest, I will cast the vote for myself once we are trying to find the last and perhaps more unusual assasin.
We are all wary of each other, I merely suggested a potential avenue for investigation when we knew nothing of each others behaviour.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

I have decided to vote: SleekDD , as I believe he is an assassin, though I am not saying I don't think ANSOB is one.
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

"What? Tylarion, if SleekDD is an assassin, wouldn't that automatically mean that ANSOB is not one? Unless this is some deep convoluted scheme, which obviously isn't working and is going to get one of them killed"
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

Sleek sighed frustrated when he heard Tylarion cast his vote.

"Why would anyone in their right mind start to attack one of the most influential people in the council knowing full well that if he's wrong, he's next on the chopping block?"

"Wouldn't I just keep my peace, wait for someone else to do something and smell the flowers instead? Wouldn't I be waiting for someone to try to get things going only to stab him in the back afterwards?"

He taps his own chest repeatedly, trying to stress his words.

"I have taken a great risk today and if I survive, I'll be doubly endangered the coming night and I did so to try and spare one of us a gruesome death. And how do you repay me? With indifference and in your case Tylarion, a very poor argument."

"We still need two more votes and we have little time left. If he is not voted for today, he will not be voted for tomorrow. Keeping your vote could be considered wise when the day was young but it is ending now. You have to cast your vote or agree to do nothing at all this day. I doubt the assassins will repay you the favour you'll be bestowing on them by spending the night in their beds."
Great minds think alike.
Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

"I still think both side hold as much ground, but I keep seeing the fact that his arguments could be used for ANSOB as well. This seems to me to be counter productive, and i distrust the fact that he pushes ver hard for ANSOBs death."
XtremeNL sighed.
"Although Tylarion has provided little arguments, I have learned that sometimes intuition can be valid, and my intuition tells me Sleek is just as guily, if not more so then ANSOB of trying to kill an innocent, for i still think niether of them are assasins, and this i think might hurt the court, I will Vote:SleekDD, but I would be, with my current suspicions, be happiest if both of them teamed up on the (to me) more susipcious Drakhan."
Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

"The night closes in, and the time has come for those of us decided to make our votes. I have yet to see any convincing arguments not to vote Ilran other than those against Sleek who's life hangs in the balance of the outcome of this vote.

XtremeNL, I ask you to reconsider. Your lone vote does nothing and most of those who have sided with the majority have expressed doubt over both sides of this debate. Let us get a majority this night, which will either vindicate or incriminate your victim of choice. Alone, your vote is useless and your opinion in these matters has been now noted.

As for Tylarion, I must agree with Sleek here, I don't know if this is genius or brilliance to make such nonsensical statements. I hope you are not an assasin, for our own sakes and the sake of our nation."
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Drythe turned to the Liger. 'Of course it does - and what do you think it will do if Davian fools you into voting me to my death? It will have proved that he is not an assassin... And left him free reign to stab you in the back when you are not looking.'
General Kala wrote:
Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

Like our all encompassing Lord in his aspect of the Hydra, he can not hope to prevail against the body if he can only cut off one head at a time. Should your death prove to be an unfortunate error, there is little Sleek can do to prevent his death at the heads of the rest of the Beast.

Sleek's life depends on your being an Assasin.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

The sun sets over the garden, shedding its thick red light over the occupants. Near the far edges of this inner Elyseum, gardeners are tending to the rare and exotic plants with uncanny care and efficiency. After all, some of the Temple's potions and medicine is made from the very same flora that is being debated amidst.

Tarbo squints his eyes at the falling sun and rolls some air out his nose. This most definitely spells trouble: how is he supposed to finish his paperwork in the absence of sufficient light? And who dealt him this terrible lot, anyway? He shakes his head to himself and tallies the votes once again on the paper.

“My ladies and gentlemen,” he interrupts a silence. “The night is approaching. Soon, the sun's light will fail and I'll be forced to call this session to an end. Unless—of course—there are serious objections, in which case I would ask of you to allow for torches so I could carry on with my duties.”

That being said, he returns to reading... whatever it is he is reading.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Seanzala
  3. The Liger
  4. Mel'Reyna
  5. Morvai
  6. Drakhan
  7. Tastyfish
    Sleek Davian (SleekDD)
  2. Tylarion
  3. XtremeNL

With 15 players, 8 constitute a majority.

The Day's deadline is set on Wednesday 21h00 (GMT). All players are expected to have posted at least once by then. Currently, 2 haven't done so yet.