First things first, I want:

-Vorax Dria
-Iraduur Nightfrost
-scion of naggaroth
-Dintathra
-Death Prince
-Belanus Kirath
-Motrax

all to report in. I am going on holidays extremely now and need to pack. I will be away for 7-8 days and in that time in want you to report in. As soon as I get back my first post will go up.

Look at the other group for an idea of how to post, about page 5 onwards will have consistantly decent posts in each Group, with a few exceptions.

By the way, dont use colour in your posts, it makes it easier to tell what is a mod post and what isn't.
Rollalith
WS-4|D-5|S-3|T-2|I-4
Gear- Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Protection:1
Close: Power:2 Speed:4
Ranged: Power:3 Speed:4
Hinderance:1
Basic Stealth
Group 5 RPG Mod
Motrax
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Motrax »

Reporting in. Looks like this time I will be fighting under your control rather than alongside you, Hateful Foe. Will await the first mod post before any IC.
Vorax dria
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vorax dria »

reporting in as requested. Cant wait to start.
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

Post by Iraduur nightfrost »

Reporting in and ready to destroy the enemies of the Witchking.
Behold the might of the witchking!
Death prince
Corsair

Post by Death prince »

Reporting in.
Remember kids, with great power comes a great opportunity to abuse that power.
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

Reporting in.
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Vorax dria
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vorax dria »

are we going to start without the other members or do we wait?
Hateful foe
Shade

Post by Hateful foe »

OOC: Welcome to those that reported in. Because of Belanus Kirath's and Dintathra's unfortunate non-activity they will be shelved as of now, but that is of no concern to you guys. jamesfazzolari and Angel of Algebra have been chosen to replace those two because of the reasonable quality of thier posts and their seemingly active posting. I have PM'd the replacements. But without further ado:

IC: The Watch Tower was a beacon of Druchii civilization, it’s elegant stone walls set in dire contrast to the untamed wilds of the northern Naggaroth wasteland. The men manning these harsh structures were unlucky in the cruelest way. Because the only way the end their tour of duty was to either die or run away, of course one might be sent back to Ghrond or Har Ganeth with a commendation but such a thing was unlikely in the extreme; for a commander’s only way out was to die or run away. But these structures were integral to the defense of Naggaroth because without them, Chaos worshipping clans and tribes of the chaos waste in the north would sweep down as they saw fit and raid the meager prosperity of the small communities and estates in the close north. All Druchii who enter are welcomed to these lonely towers for each one is fighter who is skilled in warfare.

In this particular Watch Tower the mood was dark and gloomy as the cold season was setting in and this meant that travel to the cities was slow as well as treacherous, in the past supply cart were routinely lost and the Druchii in control of the watch tower supplies decided that it was to dangerous to waste supplies during the cold season, therefore the Druchii manning the Watch Tower would not receive any more supplies for four months, a dour prospect. This supply situation was compounded if the Watch Tower had un-rostered Druchii housed in it, because they did not receive any more supplies. That was the main reason for the dark mood, several new-comers had arrived in the past week and the food would need rationing, of course only the new-comers and slaves would have their food intake lowered, but the resident warrior’s would not be able to eat any more than the prescribed amount.

All the newcomers were seated at one table in the mess hall, there were three rows of three long table’s set up on trestles. On the row of tables closest to the kitchen the veterans sat, scarred and battle-worn each one of them, these Druchii spoke little and cared for the company of ignorant city dwellers, they were staunch fighters all loyal to the Witch King because only loyal Druchii such as these became veterans. The middle row accommodated the bulk of the garrisons guardsmen, new Druchii who had only been stationed in the Tower for a few years and it also played host to a visiting patrol of shades who had decided to stay in the tower for a few days, for their own mysterious reasons. The far row and closest to the exit, not by coincidence no doubt, had setted at it the greenest guardsmen and all new-comers and strangers.

This is the row you are seated in, you are all on one table three to a side. You are all strangers in this place and you have no friends. While you are waiting for your food you are free to all talk amongst yourselves(IC of course, introductions etc).

OOC2: BTW Motrax nice to see you back, if you haven't noticed already controlling things like slaves etc. is seen as metagaming in this incarnation of D.net RPG.
Rollalith
WS-4|D-5|S-3|T-2|I-4
Basic Stealth
Group 5 RPG Mod
Jamesfazzolari
Highborn

Post by Jamesfazzolari »

reporting in - but im currently on holida in france, so i wont really be able to post much, sorry to let you down guys.

Ill be back in AUS in 5 days and i can get serious after that, but otherwise i am of little use to you.

many apologies again.

jmes fazzolari
It is better to try and fail than never having tried at all.
Hateful foe
Shade

Post by Hateful foe »

@: jamesfazzolari, you were allowed to PM me back :lol: , No worries, at least your a certainty in 5 days time, much better then nothing. It gives the other players more breathing space to make quality first posts... :twisted:
Last edited by Hateful foe on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rollalith
WS-4|D-5|S-3|T-2|I-4
Basic Stealth
Group 5 RPG Mod
Death prince
Corsair

Post by Death prince »

Zhaneel yawned. He hadn't slept well last night. In fact he hadn't slept well night before that either. Why did I see those odd dreams again? he thought. I don't like this place, there is something not right here. Maybe he should have stayed in Karond Kar. His work in City Guard had been easy and rather safe; but that was one of the reasons why he quit it few weeks ago. I hate this cold too...and the food is just awful.

Zhaneel forced these gloomy thoughts out of his mind for now and looked around in large room. Several other Druchii sat in the same table, all of them were strangers to him. Maybe he should break the opressive silence. "I wonder when they bring the food" he uttered. As no one seemed to react he coughed loudly and continued "I am from Tower of Despair by the way" he said with certain amount of pride in his voice. "My name is Zhaneel. Perhaps we should all introduce ourselves if we are going to stay here for time being." He laid his hands on the table and looked curiously to the others.
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

The room was stuffed with warriors, the air was thick and smoky. A strange atmosphere of suppressed hate and malcontent could be felt. The veterans, who sat on the largest table looked to the newly arrived reinforcements with a look that seemed to classify the younger newcomers into already dead bodies and possible survivors of the first battle.

The newcomers were hungry for it had been a long march through the snow and frozen air. Now they were beginning to warm up again sitting in the great room with the fire heating the battleworn walls. Not only were they strangers to the veterans and the garrison, but noone knew another face despite their own.

Khyleen looked into the faces of the other newcomers, who sat at the same table. Clearly not all of them were Warriors because only three others of them had put their armour next to hers at the wall. Khyleen wrung her hands to enhance the circulation of blood, an old trick she had learned from the Lordling who had sent her here.

Have I become a threat to him and his position? Duty in one of the garrisons of the watchtowers were an often practised way to eliminate political enemies or at least cripple their connections. Probably some Lord had forced the Lordling to sent some of his troops to reinforce the Towerguard to weaken the position of the city gaurd or of the Lordling's family. Keep your eyes open.

When Zhaneel spoke his words, he earned many suspicious looks. Khyleen smiled grimly. Then she stood up the fleshhooks and runes made of metal in her hair sounding like small chimes. "I am Khyleen Soraith Athalui of Karond Kar." She looked once more around almost expecting an assault from one of the others by mentioning her full name.[/i]
Vorax dria
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vorax dria »

Vorax whas waiting for the food to be served by the slaves, someone had told him he whas getting less than the others futher up in the room becuase he arrived last.

While wating for his food Vorax looked at the others on his table, then on of them spoke "I am from Tower of Despair by the way, my name is Zhaneel", after Zhaneel it whas Khyleen Soraith Athalui turn to introduce herself.

After a few seconds of sillence vorax rose from his seat and said "I geus i will introduce myself i am Vorax Dria, i marched here from Hat Ganeth and i am still cold from that march." Sitting down again he looked around the room to see where the food kept.

Thinking back at home he whas remembering his mothers words before he left "dont get yourself killed like your father and brother ok, you are the only one i have left", How he screwed that up by taking a bit to much liking in the daughter of the lord under whose command he whas in Har Ganeth, the first oppertunity he that Lord had he whas volunteerd to man one of the frontier towers, when he left the city so dit his dream to become a corsair like jis father and brother before him.

But that whas in the pst now en he needed to survive and to exel in his warrior skills. Looking around again he said "those slaves need to get moving or i will die of hunger".
Motrax
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Motrax »

The march North had been a long one, and the reasons behind it made little sense to those who embarked upon it. Thus, they made even less sense to Alessia's confused mind. Whether she had been sent away because the elders feared her state of mind, or if she had volunteered in a bid to escape the sea of voices within the city, the reason mattered little. Alessia saw it only as another progression through the seemingly random events of her life, and one which her faith forced her to believe was for the good of Khaine.

Stepping out of the soothing cold into the watch tower had made her shiver again, an action which she continued even now, seated around this table of strangers. Throwing a wicked glance towards the fireplace, she muttered under her breath "and so the tongues of flame conspire against me once more." She cared little for any glances this remark brought her. Alessia had put little thought to the food which was clearly soon to arrive, but was far more perturbed by the strange faces around her. Her entire life she had followed people she recognised, with similar ideals. Now she was thrust into the dark corners of Druchii society. The thoughts of armour, shields, and even the watchtower in which she were seated were all alien to her, considering the sheltered life she had led.

Staring at three of the members of the group as they introduced themselves, she was struck by their youth, wondering how much battle and adventure these warriors had faced, and what purpose they would serve in her God's grand plan for her. Who are these demons I see before me? I must light a torch of explanation.Thoughts swam in her mind, as she battled to recall the social delicacies which were oft lacking from a temple education. After Vorax's introduction, Alessia felt she must make her own presence felt. Standing up in imitation of the others, she announced in an almost monotone, "The whispers call me Alessia, and I must confess that the greenness of my blood is as bright as the rest of yours. My blades long to quench their sanguine thirst, but I long for one of you to break through this crust of revelation. In the name of Khaine, my mother-father, who clouds my mind so terribly, why are we here? What strings pull your collective destinies?" Sitting down again, she added shyly, "by the way."
Alessia Kharek
WS:5 | S:3 | T:2 | D:5 | I:3
2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy
Equipment: Two Shortswords, Runic necklace
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Sitting there calm and almost motionless Alidith sat almost motionless as he surveyed the room. People seemed more or less familiar with each other except for here, at this table. Tired from his earlier journey he idly wondered if the food would be any better that what he had been fed for the duration of his schooling, and wondering exactly why he was here. The watchtowers were vitally important to the safety of the whole kingdom but he could not see how he could gain great enought reknown to satisfy the temple here.

Hearing the others begin to introduce themself he listened, only one of them seemed to offer anything about themselves, Alessia who seemed a little bit strange. Deciding to introduce himself he began speaking. After drawing himself to his feet he said in a cold voice,

"As this seems to be the time to do such things I think I'll introduce myself. I am Alidith Du'Sletch from the Du'Sletch family of Ghrond. I assume from where we're sat that we're all new here and I hope here by personal choice although the chances of that happening may be somewhat remote, either way your reasons for being here are none of my business and I shan't pry. If we end up serving together I hope to do great deeds together."

Altough the chances of that would indeed be remote, I'm surrounded by the greenest of the warriors here, we'd be lucks to even be allowed on the walls thought Alidith as he sat down again. Then again, I probably shouldn't judge them by age alone as I would be one of the youngest here. Have patience, you have enough time
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
Hateful foe
Shade

Post by Hateful foe »

Because jamesfazzolari will take awhile getting back you may converse among yourselves. Also waiting on Angel of Algebra.
Rollalith
WS-4|D-5|S-3|T-2|I-4
Basic Stealth
Group 5 RPG Mod
Death prince
Corsair

Post by Death prince »

OOC: Sure, Hateful Foe, this conversation is really interesting so it would be a shame to quit it just yet

IC: Zhaneel was a bit impressed by the simple way Khyleen made her precense known. I wonder if she from a noble family, she speaks a bit like such people. Athalui, from my home city? Have I heard that name before?

His thinking came to a halt as a man rose and introduced himself as Vorax Dria. Probably just another warrior to serve our mighty nation. He looks actually quite reliable. Zhaneel pondered.

Then a short, somehow fragile looking woman stood up. "...I long for one of you to break through this crust of revelation. In the name of Khaine, my mother-father, who clouds my mind so terribly, why are we here? What strings pull your collective destinies?" Alessia asked after introducing herself. Khaine, her mother-father? Could that calm, weirdly speaking girl be a witch elf? I'd better keep an eye on her. Zhaneel fixed his gaze on Alessia's black eyes. He had had his revenge on his sister's murderers many years ago but he still didn't feel like he could easily trust devotees of Khaine who, at least to his knowledge, would happily kill anyone for their god.

He had sunken to these suspicious thoughts as a black-clad man introduced himself in a cold tone. I'm curious about what this Alidith is doing here, he doesn't exactly look like just a simple warrior. Well, like he said, it's none of my business either what he's up to. Zhaneel decided.

Finally he spoke again. "You meant by your question why we ended up in this cold, isolate tower, Alessia? To answer that, I volunteered to fight here in the North" he said, smiling very awkwardly. "My reasons are my own, though." he yet added.
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

A volunteer? Those were rare indeed. Either it was his faith which drove him, or he was loyal beyond any doubt, but maybe he simply had to disperse his traces for having committed a crime or aroiused the suspicion of someone superior. Either way, Zhaneel would be an elf to recon with. He had initiated the talk, so he had the ability to lead and, sometimes even more needed for this the military duty, courage.

Khyleen sat down after having introduced herself, her dark purple hair flowing wildly around her face and neck. When Vorax began to speak, she closely watched his expression and movements, trying to judge his qualities.

Then Alessia spoke and Khyleen was immediately interested in her wording. The white haired girl could very well be a sister in thought and faith.Looking in Zhaneel's eyes she recognised, she was not the only one with a curious look on Alessia. Of course each of them would try to interpret each other's way of speach and action, this was natural for a Darkelf especially when being somewhat cornered by strangers.

Great deeds indeed! Alidith's words were spoken truly. There had to be a reason for this strange party coming together. Obviously each of them was already feeling the hand of destiny. Had not already Alessia spoken of destinies and the leading of the Bloody Handed One?

"You speak of destiny and the will of Khaine. So let us call our meeting the will of the Bloody Handed One and our deeds shall be whorship in his name." Khyleen nodded towards Alessia and smiled.
Vorax dria
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vorax dria »

ooc:can the food arrive i am a bitgetting hungry?

IC: "destiny got nothing to do with it for me, the lord witch commanded my unit volunteerd me for this assingment, and who am i to refuse. " vorax says to Alessia and the other people on the table.

"on another note has anyone heard any rumours or usefull things that we need to know, like who to watch out for or inpending attacks? And has anyone heard who our comander is or our duty station? I know we just got here but i woud like to know" After he had said this he looked around the room again some of the veterans already had there food and it wood not be long now before they got there food.

Vorax thought about the words Alessia had spoken "great deeds and destiny", I hope we get to preform great deeds and that i get send back to the city to finnaly become a corsair like i vowed to become some day
Motrax
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Motrax »

Alessia listened intently to the growing conversation. The soft words of those around her were beginning to comfort her, though her appearance did little to show it. The warmth in the musty room was beginning to make her hair stand out, though if anyone asked, Alessia would say it was trying to escape the "barbed whispers in her head." She thought that Alidith's words of great deeds were unjustified, for what other deeds could there be? The Lord Khaine does not send his princelings on milk quests.

Turning to the one calling himself Zhaneel, she listened to his counsel. "Your ghosts have truly blessed your unholy art of interpretation," she began. "Your voice speaks the truth of my musings, but why do you seek the ritual of suicide? Surely death by concealment of your truth demons would be a more majestic end." Alessia had been used to knowing everything about her surroundings, and this new situation of concealed information and mysterious agendas did not sit well with her. She could not help but feel an air of bitterness surrounding Zhaneel's words towards her, although she could not yet pin down his reasons, and he seemed unlikely to disclose them. He was either very brave, or very foolish.

Khyleen's words did more to strengthen Alessia's resolve. This purple haired female seemed similar to Alessia, more than simply biologically. At least this group shared a sense of purpose and destiny more familiar to an acolyte of the Temple. Khyleen's mention of the "Will of the Bloody Handed one" seemed tinted with longing, hinting at unfulfilled wishes. However, Alessia was far too occupied in her own mind than to worry about probing into other's. Speaking softly to Kyleen, she said "your nomenclature satisfies mine lips. I shall gladly repeat it, evermore."

Vorax, however, seemed the only other Druchii intent on action. Although she agreed with his sentiment, the mention of rumours contorted her thoughts. Cocking her head to one side, she carefully placed both palms down on the table. "Rumours?" She began, her eyes wide. "I am no merchant of false truths - they are the claws and dagger of the beast of treachery." Alessia quickly regained her posture, trying to compose herself. Clearly, she was as hungry for an explanation as the rest of them, with the possible exception of Vorax, who seemed more hungry for physical nourishment. Joining his demand to see the commander, she again became upstanding, shouting to the room at large, as if it were her most bitter enemy: "Where is thy flesh god? Where is your idol of authority?"
Alessia Kharek
WS:5 | S:3 | T:2 | D:5 | I:3
2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy
Equipment: Two Shortswords, Runic necklace
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Happy at the direction that the discussion Alidith smiled faintly, a barely noticable turning of the corner of his mouth, thinking Seems I may have slightly underestimated these few. If nothing else they're spirited and willing to try to prove themselves. Of course I haven't seen them fight yet but this is at least a step in the right direction. Glancing around Alidith ntoed that the veterans were to be served first, expected although slightly unwelcome as he was feeling hungry after his journey from Ghrond, having not been able to have a good meal in a few days. Unfortunately the distance between them and the kitchen meant that their food would likely be cooling by the time that they got it. Ah well it would be better than his trail rations at any rate. Then the lady Alessia started getting agitated speaking about false truths and, at his best bet wanting to see the commender.

Speaking to Alessia he said, "Lady, could you be please be seated? We will be told what to do soon I assume, and almost certainly not before everyone has eaten. Afterwards would be the time to seek them out. I believe it likely for us to be put under the command of one of the lordlings of this tower who will then assign tasks to us. So patience, we will be told how and where we are needed in good time"

Let's see how they react to this thought Alidith before saying,
"Vorax, it could be said that your destiny was to come here and join us and through the orders your destiny was maninfest."
Turning to the otheres he continued, "I do like the thought that Khaine himself has arranged our meeting, after all we are in all things his people, those who devote our lives to him. As always my deeds are done in, and my life lived in, his name. I hope that dinner will be finished soon, that we may find out what our purpose in being here is and how we may further serve khaine"
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

Death prince
Corsair

Post by Death prince »

Zhaneel listened carefully when Alessia adressed him. "I have no suicidal intents, only the weaklings desire death." he told her. He was sure not sure what she meant by concealment of his truth ghosts. That he was not telling the whole truth? Very true actually, but he was not going to tell his reasonings to these people at this time. You sure are curious, Miss Alessia. Perhaps too curious. Clearly she was even smarter than he had first thought.

He had heard Khyleen, Alessia and Alidith speaking about destiny and fated encounter, words that did not mean much to him. There was no way he would fool himself with such philosophical nonsense. He also heard Alessia and Vorax ask after their new commander, but like Alidith, he was in no hurry of meeting him.

When Alidith had spoken his words Zhaneel said, "I'm not sure if this is a destined meeting, this might be just a simple coincidence. I like to believe I can shape my destiny myself. However, if we'll happen to fight together I also hope that Khaine will grant us strenght for he may be a powerful ally to a warrior. Let us execute the will of the Witch-King" he continued with a vicious smile on his face, "by any necessary means."
Angel of algebra
Assassin

Post by Angel of algebra »

OOC: Sorry about the late response, I've been a little busy with schoolwork, and miserable with a cold

IC: Up till now, he had sat quietly, letting the other elves converse among themselves, only paying attention to their introductions. Not knowing those around you could be dangerous. Are we actually to be served, or is the dining hall only for show? Arhalath was keen to have his food served up to him, having hunted all his life. Peering through his hair at the strangers around him, he thought of Vorax's words. Impending attacks? I should hope we would be well forewarned of such threats...

When the conversation paused, Arhalath took the opportunity to make himself known. "I am Arhalath Kadathan of the Blackspine Mountains", he remained seated throughout the statement, and made no great attempt to draw attention towards himself. "I too would be most interested to meet the commander you refer to." Throughout this brief introduction, he never moved from his position in the chair. Sitting in this hall of strangers, he felt vulnerable, and was not eager to enter conversation.
Iraduur nightfrost
Noble

Too rash, too curious. But the curious cat dies first.The master of the Tower would not let his daily schedule be spoiled by the arrival of a group of mixed adventurers, even when they had an official mission. The sooner the newcomers would learn this, the better. Also the words had been heard by others, who shook their heads or simply looked away. The veterans and other garrison soldiers would demand respect, while the newcomers would have to show and even more important prove their worth. Maybe their trial would come sooner than expected?

Therefore Khyleen did not share the eagerness of some of the others to see the commander. He would appear when he deemed this to be the appropriate time or sent for them. To demand his presence could arouse animosity in the hearts of those that served him already, who treated the newcomers with the distrust everyone of the small group had probably anticipated.

The beast of treachery? Alessia's words echoed for some time in her mind. "Treachery can bring down the strongest fortress, where blades and arrows fail...or open the gates for them. There is no good in denial of any aspect of war if you are to win neither to neglect any weapon that ensures victory. I say: Let Khaine form your treachery to a deadly weapon against the enemy."

Khyleen looked into Alessia's strange coloured eyes with the keen look of a bird of prey, never letting her view drift from those two dark opals. Clearly both Druchii women had a strong mind hardened by faith.
Vorax dria
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vorax dria »

Vorax just sat there listening to what the other had to say, the elf called Arhalath finally introduced himself. A mountain dweller, got to keep my eye on that one sneaky as they are. Vorax thought.

Meanwhile he looked around the room and spotted some of the longer serving slodiers here in the tower looking at them in a strange way, he then looked at the party sitting at there table one by one and noticed Khyleen looking at Alessia's eyes, i wonder what is going on in here mind.

After a few moments he decided to say well say it was more of a wisper "maybe we better be quit for now and wait for whatever is coming, the other people in this hall are looking in a not so aproving way at us. So lets just wait for the food and keep quit for the time beeing"

Vorax also noticed the slaves getting closer to there table with the food it wont take long now, but at what he coud see from thiss distance ot did not realy matter if they were served or not becuase it didnt look any better than the food that he had on the march over here.