SAU VIII: Inquisition

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

"I agree that none should get immunity, Ashnari. And Rankrath has been deserving of far less then this, if you ask me. His strong response against the votes on Tylarion seemed almost paniced, as if he knew who Tylarion was. And right now it seems like he is trying to undo the negative attention by staying out of sight."
"I will Vote:rankrath and also Vote:Torches so we may come to a well founded decision.."
"As a finishing line, I would also like to state my suspicion off Ashnari for his unexplainable support of rankrath."

OOC: Tarbo, no silent ones in black?
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

Telrunya looked with a pensive face at the speakers of this morning.

"Perhaps Sleek's idea of sharing thoughts is a good way of reaching a consensus whom to vote on and whom not to vote on. I would first like to ask Lord Darmort to elaborate on a remark he made last night. If I recall correctly, you have outed suspicions that you would not survive the night and promised us an explanation in the unlikely event that you saw dawn again. This being the case, would you share your reasons for unease?"

"I believe that both The Liger and Drakhan are both loyal Khainites for reasons Sleek has already mentioned. I don't think there is any benefit in repeating these. Neihter do I think it is necessary to defend my opinion that Sleek is innocent."

"Concerning the accusations against Rankrath, I would like to make following observation. When he voted to execute Sleek, there already was a consensus against Tylarion. Any vote after this has to be interpreted --and I fear using the word again-- purely symbolical. Would it not be too unwise to symbolically not vote Tylarion if you knew he was a follower of Slaanesh?"

"Or, should we interpret the vote as a last ditched attempt to save Tylarion, to divide the votes. We were sixteen invited; a quick count of only the votes provided by the scribe would indicate there was still one vote missing to obtain a majority. We know Tylarion himself made that mistake, perhaps we should assume more have made the same mistake. I admit I have made it myself."

"In the same light, I also want to mention Mel'Reyna, who refused to vote. Assuming the book she was reading was not a diversion, it seems safe to conjecture she believed her vote to be conclusive. If Tylarion turned out to be a loyal Khainite, I would not have raised an eyebrow, merely be disappointed by the lack of activity. Now, however, I cannot help but wonder why Mel'Reyna stated that voting for Tylarion would not be beneficial."

"And Mel'Reyna, if you did not prospect your vote to be conclusive, then why would you oppose action?"

Vote : Torches
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

"Telrunya, I said I would not survive the night, which I did, somehow. I'd made myself a target by helping Tylarion; killing me off would have shown that even innocents can make mistakes and that would, hopefully for the Slaaneshi, sow confusion amoungst us. As it is, I am now a target at day as well for presuming I would be slaughtered during the night, because I was wrong about that, some of you might put that and what I said together and think me Slaaneshi. Either way, defending Tylarion was a big mistake.
"However, your reasoning against Rankrath is very persuading, Telrunya. I will think upon this, and wait to cast my vote this time."

"Malevion, I have no opinion of you because you haven't spoken much; in truth, this is both good and bad; I can't convict you, but I cannot help you."
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

There is a long, steady lack of sound coming from the head of the table. Mioralynthia has long since resumed reading or studying, whichever applies; Anleth is still standing with the rest of the guard, ready to be addressed when needed; and Tarbo... is reading as well, which strikes you as odd, since you can't remember him bringing along reading material.

“Is this even a language?” Tarbo shoots offhand at Mioralynthia, his eyebrow rising with each line passing his view.

Mioralynthia looks up at the sound of a voice so close to her, then observes Tarbo briefly while catching up with her environment—her mind is a very concentrated one. With a sigh, she snatches the scroll from Tarbo's hands and puts it next to her.
  3. Drakhan
  4. Raziel02 (warned)
  5. The Liger (warned)
  6. rankrath (warned)
  7. Ashnari Doomsong
  8. Malevion
  9. Darmort
  10. Spire
  11. SleekDD
  12. XtremeNL
  13. Mel'Reyna (warned)
  14. Telrunya
    rankrath (votes against)
  1. Malevia D'fein (Malevion)
  2. XtremeNL
    Torches (extend deadline)
  1. Sleek Doral (SleekDD)
  2. Spire
  3. XtremeNL
  4. Telrunya

With 14 players, 8 constitute a majority.

The Day is set to pass Tuesday, 12h00 GMT. That is about 20 hours after this post.

Players that are marked as "(warned)" haven't yet posted this Day, and have been sent a PM to help them remember.

If the deadline is considered too sharp for players, feel free to PM me or drop a complaint in the OOC thread.
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

"I believe that Telrunya makes a good point about Rankrath. If he is a Slaaneshi then he would have seen that his comrade was on the point of death. Now, he could have stayed silent, stopping suspicion towards him, but he did not, he voted for someone else, which I do not think was an effort to save Tylarion, since the cultist was almost certain to die anyway. I do believe that Rankrath honestly thought Sleek to be a Slaaneshi, mainly due I suppose to his tactic of random voting.

"I will not vote either. I would probably vote for Rankrath, but I believe him to be innocent."
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

“It seems the opinions on Rankrath are divided. It would be helpful were the object of our focus to actually prove he mastered the art of speech. This could be said for quite a few councillors, many of who I have little to say for, either in favour or against them.”

“Time is progressing, my colleagues and it may soon force us into action. I hold suspicions to others than Rankrath and they have been surprisingly quiet. Still, the council has to move on. I wonder, however, if someone can present something of a case – however tentative it might be - to anyone else but Rankrath. So far, the choice has been either to vote for Rankrath or not to vote at all. I direct this request to those who feel Rankrath is innocent but others should feel free to add their suspects to the discussion.”

“I believe we have reached something akin to a consensus regarding those who can be considered trustworthy for the time being. I, myself, consider Drakhan, Darmort, Telrunya and the Liger to be innocent with a high degree of certainty and in that order.”

“I have a few suspects aside Rankrath, most of them have kept a low profile, however, so I cannot claim more than a ‘bad vibe’ from those. Raziel has spoken out loud early yesterday, only to slink back into the shadows. He also failed to vote.
Malivia has done the same and she currently leads the vote against Rankrath. She could be trying to buy time for one more day, or she could be eager to act. Whatever the case, she is obviously not contributing to the discussion.
Of Ilokir I know not what to think, he seems on the level to me but his silence today is causing me to grow wary of him.”

“I urge my colleagues to call forth the torches as much time has passed already and it might seem a subject other than Rankrath might be needed.”

Sleek looks at Ashnari and continues somewhat softer. These words were meant for him although anyone who wanted to could hear them.

“I will follow your judgement for now. Do you have anything else that might be of help?”
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

"Yes..." Spire interjected, also directing his words at doomsong, although his voice was not lowered "Perhaps you could start by giving your reason for your firm belief in Rankrath's innocence? It could be of some real assistance if you did so."
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

What a day was this. If there would be more of these days this counselling would seriously tire Morvai, and that was something he could not have right now.
He had spent much of the night reading reports form the old councils over whole Naggaroth. This morning he had finished the last.
Then sleek had started a speech followed by a speech of Spire. If that hadn’t given Morvai a headache the smell and attitude of the inquisitor would have.
Morvai had then continued the morning reading the reports for his work and answering letters and handing out commands. When all that paper work was done, Morvai had focussed on the council again.
Morvai had heard most of the words that had been spoken when he was working and all he had heard was bickering.
Morvai now raised his voice and said: “Darmort, hiding in plane sight is not a to bad strategy. In one of the former councils a slaaneshi was doing that. He eventually killed a important councillor with it and assured that his partners would have free way during the night ensuring an easy victory for the Slaaneshi. So, I still have suspicion towards you.”
Morvai now looks around the council room and says: “That no one was killed last night makes things difficult in my eyes. We don’t know the reaction of the Slaaneshi so we are back and guessing work. Some of you might claim that the things happened yesterday give us something to go on, but I still don’t see a clear suspect. But I don’t think we will ever get one so waiting for that seems pointless. But so seems voting for someone who doesn’t reply to our votes and arguments. So for now I will only second the vote for torches.”
Morvai was just about to stop talking and get himself a glass of whine, when he rembered something.
“I will explain my voting of yesterday later. I first want to see if Rankrath honours us with some words, before I take up our precious time be explaining something that doesn’t matter much.”
Now Morvai sat down and took a drink, he picked up a report again and started reading once more.

Vote:Torches

Ooc: still very busy with the campaign. :oops:
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Rankrath
Executioner

Post by Rankrath »

"I see that my caution has attracted votes. Now, all those who ask for an explanation, here is one. The reason I voted for Sleek is because he voted at random, an act that would normaly result in the death of an innocent. To me, this reckless action was a sure sign of a trator, ans even thought Sleek is not a slaanesh follower, do nto forget that other forces are at work here as well.
in this life time, people get hurt. just be glad is wasn't your turn

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Cadian_Fortress/index.php? Come and join the ranks of the Imperial Guard.
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

"No point giving away time we can use I suppose. Vote: torches"
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

"Sleek, you find it strange that I didn't speak yet. Is it that strange then?" Ilokir reacts quite irritated. "To see these useless debates is that boring. Quite everyone was eager to vote during the first day of this council, especcially you and Lord Liger. It is very strange to me that you therefore didn't accusate anyone yet. What irritates me is that you can't see reason in a deliberating position. What if Rankrath is right? What if there are other factions at work at this council. I have grave suspicions against you, and therefore vote: SleekDD

vote torches
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Malevion

Post by Malevion »

"Ikolir, we have no proof that there are other factions inside the temple. While their presence is likely it is by no means a certainty. The erradication of the Slaaneshii heretics must be our first priority. It is extremely unlikely that Sleek is one of these traitors. On the first day he picked out Tylarion, the cult leader, seemingly at random. To eliminate your leader when there is no need would be a massive risk for the cultists to take. If you wish to help the council vote for someone more suspicious"
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

"Ah. My belief in the innocence of Rankrath. Yes, he has seemed to be so very *perfect* a target, and suspicious he is. However, he did, as someone stated, vote erratically, for a... He simply voted for someone nobody else voted for. Also, I have a... how do you put it? Gut feeling. I just don't think he's guilty."
Ashnari turned to Malevion.
"Ah, but *everyone* is suspicious. I am not saying that Sleek is my prime suspect, but certainately most of the people here are suspicious. However, I note a slight... difference between Sleek's reasoning and that he would have had he a hidden agenda, I think. Note that he's not yet voted. Hidden groups tend to want to kill off people as quickly as possible. But that might be a part of the ruse. I don't know."
Ashnari shrugged.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

"Why are we talking about a possible third party, when we are obviously having our hands full with solving the two party problem? Should we thus far not assume there are only two factions, possibly interwoven with personal connections, instead of three since this is the easiest explanation not stretching credibility?"

"Now, I have already given a run-down of my thoughts about yesterday, yet I have left out Ilokir since I did not think I have heard enough to make up my mind. Still, during the course of the day, I have started wondering more about his actions."

"Much like Spire already noted, your change of heart yesterday came as a surprise, to me as well, Ilokir. I had the distinct impression that, in the end, you would not vote Tylarion, but Sleek or Drakhan. You have remarked more than once there was more tension between them than evidence for Tylarion, yet in the end you chose to vote for the latter."

"Although I thank you for voting as you have done, your timing seems awfully awkward. Not before all 'hope' seemed lost, did you vote for Tylarion. I now wonder why you have done this. Was it because it was inevitable and you could condemn your leader to clear your own name as much as possible, or was it out of a sincere feeling of duty toward the Temple of Khaine?"

"So far as that sincere feeling of duty goes, you did not like placing your vote where you did, did you? You even threatened to vote for the Liger if you turned out to be wrong. Where, at first, I saw this act of placing your own responsiblility on the Liger as a sure sign of your uncertainty, I now think I should keep in mind that it may have been a diversion to feign doubt instead of a rather cowardly expression of it."

"I have waited eagerly to see what would happen today. I felt rather confident that you would place your vote on Lord Darmort, since yesterday you were eager to place him in the same camp as Tylarion. To me, it seemed like a farstretched idea to think this to be the case. Especially because you were defending Tylarion as well from the system of voting. You even noted yourself that it might seem farfetched, yet you nonetheless were determined to do so. When Tylarion proved to be Slaaneshi, I expected you to vote Lord Darmort quite early the next morning based on your earlier remark."

"But you did not vote thus. Perhaps you have changed your mind after Sleek Doral has proclaimed Lord Darmort to be a true herald of Khaine, or you just don't like Sleek having put you on his 'dubious council members'-list, while Lord Darmort has only outed suspicions toward Rankrath."

Vote : Ilokir
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

The audience chamber darkens slowly, unnoticeable to anyone staring out the tall windows, but enough to make Mioralynthia need to strain her eyes to read her study material. She passes the books to her right, and folds her hands onto the table. It is indeed growing late to continue still.

She exchanges a brief look with Anleth, aiming to have the session end, and is returned an equally brief look of silent protest. Protesting or not, time is a very exact given to everyone in the chamber, and the end of the day is truly the end of the day.

“Perhaps we should wait,” Anleth interrupts Mioralynthia's rising from her seat to address the assembly, “at least a while longer.”

“We have waited long enough,” Mioralynthia declines the veiled request. “There will not be a miracle rescue.”

“If I'm not mistaken, and I'd be shocked if I were,” Tarbo tags in, a puzzled frown set on his face, “but you are trying to sort out an investigation of your own? To save your face and grace?”

Mioralynthia taps her fingers on the table once and skits her look in Tarbo's general direction. “Of the Temple in particular, and the city collaterally, yes.”

“Then here's the thing I don't understand.” He opens both hands, running his words past his mind to find a quitable phrasing of his thoughts. “This so-called Slaaneshi infestation has been here for who knows how long. Yet there is the belief that they can be found by staring a while longer.”

“They've been around a while,” Miora counters. “I take it they know what they're doing.”

“The human race has been around longer than you or me, too, and that never stopped them from clubbing themselves over the head.” Tarbo rises from his seat in a burst of new-found energy following the earlier escape from the nemesis incarnate of fragrance.

“I see people brandishing the skill of careful observation. The problem with this approach is that you are likely to see only what you are shown.” He retreats to the guards and stands next to Anleth, thoughtfully pulling his chin while staring relentlessly at her.

Anleth glances at Mioralynthia, then back at Tarbo, and finally resumes standing guard, albeit with a hint of unease under the oppressive scrutiny.

The stare carries on and on, and Anleth bears it quietly, until suddenly Tarbo claps his hands to cut through the tension. “What have I learned from this? Well, your captain has a deep gaze, fine nose, and likes to keep her armour clean. She also doesn't appreciate being stared at.

“There are three things a detective, inquisitor, investigator—whatnot—must do in order to succeed.” He again turns to the captain of the guard and takes a deep breath. “You've been quietly standing here for a long time. Why don't you take a seat?”

A fine eyebrow on Anleth's face rises, and she returns a curious look. “I am not part of this assembly. My place is with the guards, not the dignitaries.”

“Yet you are in this room all the same, and your input influences the decisions made. Doesn't this make you part of the assembly by mere definition?”

Anleth blinks twice, thinking quickly. “In a sense... I suppose.”

“If you don't consider yourself part of this meeting, why are you here? Not because martial law made you superfluous to the Temple, I'd hope. Surely, there are things you can still do?”

“Are you questioning my sense of duty?” Anleth turns to Tarbo, hands still on her back, a defiant look growing in her eyes. “Perhaps I take a modicrum of pride in my work. Sir.”

Tarbo suddenly smiles and nods one in recognition. “Thank you, captain, for helping me make my point.” He turns to the assembly with another deep breath. “From this brief conversation, I learned that your captain is here because she senses that she should, out of sense of duty. That she chooses to suffer the debates of nobles while she stands quietly with the guards shows that she has an unshakeable sense of honour. She probably spends the nights passing guardposts and inventorying, is most likely single, and rises with the sun.

“If a mere three questions can accrue this much information, surely an entire assembly must be able to ferret people out in instants? Captain, call for the guards and have them bring torches; we will be burning midnight oil today.”

You're not sure of the expression on Anleth's face, whether she should be insulted, indignant, or relieved, but you'll settle for bewildered. Waiting for Mioralynthia to confirm, she nonetheless orders the guards to call in the nightshift and bring in torches.

“So number one is asking questions,” Mioralynthia raises quietly to Tarbo while he takes his seat again. “What are items two and three on the list of the successful inquisitor that make you see straight through our captain?”

“Bluffing and cheating,” he mentions with a wink to Anleth.
  3. Drakhan
  4. Raziel02 (warned)
  5. The Liger
  6. rankrath
  7. Ashnari Doomsong
  8. Malevion
  9. Darmort
  10. Spire
  11. SleekDD
  12. XtremeNL
  13. Mel'Reyna (warned)
  14. Telrunya
    rankrath (votes against)
  2. XtremeNL
    Sleek Doral (SleekDD) (votes against)
  1. Ilokir
    Ilokir (votes against)
  1. Telrunya
    Torches (extend deadline) - Measure passes
  1. Sleek Doral (SleekDD)
  2. Spire
  3. XtremeNL
  4. Telrunya
  5. Morvai
  6. Drakhan
  7. Ilokir

The deadline is extended by 48 hours, putting the new stop at Thursday, 12h00 GMT. Note that this is 24-hour notation, and is thus noon, not midnight.

Players that are marked as "(warned)" haven't yet posted this Day, and have been sent a PM to help them remember.

Since the deadline passed and 12 out of 14 players participated, majority was reached with 7--rather than 8--votes. The measure for torches passed, and the inactive players aren't removed yet--players are removed only at the end of the Day.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

"I believe, Ashnari, that the Slaaneshi did try killing someone, but they were foiled, else there'd be a dead body on the table right here and now.
"Ilokir, I believe that because of the luck the council shared yesterday with a simple random voting, that no one wants to risk it again, without better proof, however circumstancial. Malevion is right; it would do Sleek no good to oust his leader this early in the week, however, were Sleek Tzeentchian, Nurglite or Khornate, then there would be motive in killing anyone, especially if he was acting alone. This is by no means saying I'm accusing you, Sleek, but there is always the possibility. Also, Telrunya's argument against you is very enlightening... I'm amazed; are you really torn between three people to vote for, or do you want revenge upon Sleek for offing your boss? Or perhaps you're just trying to look smart by voting for Sleek by saying that he's Slaaneshi yet he's innocent?"

Vote: Ilokir
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Mel'reyna
Beastmaster

Post by Mel'reyna »

-"Telrunya, I didn't vote against Tylarion because I did not want to take part in the singling out of an individual at random so soon after the begining of the council. For all we knew at the time, he may have been one of our protectors or an extremely beneficial and loyal khainite. You got lucky, and that was very fortunate for all of us, but don't act like anybody who didn't vote was deliberately acting against Khaine, because you had no idea of Tylarion's guiltyness when you voted against him, just like I had no knowledge about it when I decided not to vote.

Of course I wasn't opposed to the voting either, it wasn't my life on the line and I think that many of us managed to gather quite a bit of information about people based on their actions, especially after having learned Tylarion's allegience, not to mention the bonus of having gotten rid of him. What I'm saying is, I'd much prefer not voting at random, but in order to have something to go off of, a random action had to be taken eventually, which is why I was mostly passive and observed what went on instead of directly participating.

What strikes me as odd today, though, is Ilokir's suddenly lashing out at Sleek who in my opinion is obviously loyal. Now, I don't know wether he's a slaaneshi or a fool, probably the latter because he's definately not subtle enough to be the former, but either way he must be gotten rid of, so he wins my vote.

Vote: Ilokir"
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

"Hmmm, I am not sure about voting for Ilokir. Yes, he accused Sleek, but then he does have some reason. However, I do think that this may be a bluff, as it is not a particularly assassin-like thing to do - to vote someone who helped us find a Slaaneshi on the first day. I will vote: Ilokir, to continue the action, and because I believe that Sleek is a useful council member, who can add some good discussion."

OOC: No offense Ilokir, I find your discussions just as good. ;)
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

Spire gave a short derisive laugh. "Darmot was not wrong when he acuused you of bandwagoning, Liger." He said, "You have just said yourself you do not think that Ilokir is guilty, yet you vote for him anyway soley because others are doing the same. I am beginning to become concerned about your behaviour, as it seems to me that you are far to eager to shed blood, no matter whose it is."

The tall elf shook his head, still eyeing the other druchii. "I'm starting to wonder if your loyalty is as certain as I'd first thought."
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

"very interesting.. I never said Sleek was slaaneshi. That would be foolish, wouldn't it? Following Rankrath's reasoning there possibly would be a third faction, I suddenly realised Sleek was the one who started the votes, while it roused my suspicion that he was in doubt today, but accused the doubters himself..
Darmort, the insinuating of 'revenging my boss' is totally insane. May I remember you that I voted against Tylarion? Perhaps I don't know to vote for, as you suggested, but it seems to me that you don't either. The only truely innocent I so far encountered is The Liger. The only thing he did yet is placing a secure vote, bandwagoning as you may call it... It irks me, but to be a complete fool isn't enough reason to kill for..
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Players
  1. Ilokir
  2. Morvai
  3. Drakhan
  4. Raziel02 (inactive)
  5. The Liger
  6. rankrath
  7. Ashnari Doomsong
  8. Malevion
  9. Darmort
  10. Spire
  11. SleekDD
  12. XtremeNL
  13. Mel'Reyna
  14. Telrunya
    rankrath (votes against)
  2. XtremeNL
    Sleek Doral (SleekDD) (votes against)
  1. Ilokir
    Ilokir (votes against)
  1. Telrunya
  2. Darmort
  3. Mel'Reyna
  4. Liger

In case Raziel02 doesn't post today, 7 will suffice for a majority.
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Sleek leans forward, placing his elbows on the table and tapping his fingers against each other. A sign of suppressed frustration, caught by those who know him.

Ilokir, allow me to explain why I oppose your ‘deliberating position’ in terms you might comprehend. First of all, you need an action to see a reaction. If everyone were to act like you and just sit around, nothing would happen and we lose. Second, if you have good intentions and you manage to gather some information, that knowledge is worthless unless you divulge it. If the assassins find you before you could share it, all your efforts are wasted and you will just be another nameless councillor to grace our crypts, having contributed nothing except for looking tough and hopefully dying instead of someone who did help the council.”

“Now, your reason to vote for me is a very weak one indeed. One man – and not the most accredited one for that matter – utters the possibility of several factions and you jump up at me? If this is all your deliberating has learned you, it hasn’t been worth your time.”

“My reason for not voting was out of fear that the council might just follow my vote without considering it, much like Ashnari mentioned. Also, now there are clues whereas yesterday, there weren’t. And finally, I was planning on voting for Rankrath but Ashanri’s defence of him has bought him time. It does mean I need a new suspect however.”

“As it is, time is running out and we cannot discuss the matter endlessly. We obviously haven’t gathered enough clues to ferret out the infiltrators by clear consensus yet and thus, educated guesses are required. I have three main suspects who are not vouched for by others.”

Morvai has been hiding behind a lot of work and we have been tolerant of it but it could just as well be a ruse to buy our pity and sympathy while killing us in our sleep. He also only voted for Tylarion after Drakhan addressed him about this. It could be a misunderstanding or a clever ploy to shift attention away.

Mel’Reyna has suddenly jumped into action to vote for Ilokir while all the same, she opposed action yesterday, openly refusing the place the final vote for Tylarion. And she admits that Ilokir is more likely to be less than lucid than an assassin in her opinion.

And finally Ilokir, himself. Your behaviour yesterday in hopes of getting Drakhan or me voted has not gone unnoticed. You have stifled action wherever you could by using your ‘deliberating position’, only voting for Tylarion when he was nearing his end anyway and now you jump on Rankrath’s idea that multiple factions might be residing here which immediately leads you to conclude that I must be a traitor. Did you hope to use the lack of votes being cast to direct them at me?”

“For now, I will vote for Ilokir since time is running out. Should one of my other suspects gain more votes, I might change my mind in the interest of action to be taken before time runs out.”

Vote: Ilokir
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

"It would be a fine thing to find two Slaaneshii in as many days. Truth to tell Ilokir you have the best case against you. Additionaly anyone who seems to have hopes of killing me anytime soon goes on my impending doom list. Vote: Ilokir."
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

"What was that Drakhan? Did you just issue a threath to anyone who would vote against you? I bid you to explain this, at pain of making yourself look very suspicious."
XtremeNL turned towards Sleek.
"I can't seem to figure out why you think Ashnari's defense of Rankrath is such a strong case though, he said nothing more then having a gut feeling."
He continued to adress the entire council.
"Having run trough the last day's conversation in my head a few times, it has been Ilokir who seems to act most supicious today. Although I do not want to let Rankrath off the hook, his silence did manage to dodgemore negative attention. I now see that my vote against him is useless, and I will instead support everything said against Ilokir with my vote. Even if he turns out to be a loyal elf, his erratic behaviour has been very detrimental to the council."
Unvote:Rankrath Vote:Ilokir
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Everyone had been speaking up shortly, most of them just to give an explanation why they voted for Ilokir, but then sleek spook again. Again it was more or less a speech.
Morvai wondered if that man could ever talk normal or that everything he said was a speech. If it was the latter, Morvai pitied the people that would have to live with that man.
However now was not the time to think about that. He had just finished another report and now he had a second to speak up before new reports would be handed to him.

“First of all I would like to say that my work is not helping me or this council, but it is as it is, so I would have to live with it, and who knows even die thanks to it.” said Morvai with a grin. “however I’m not deaf so I can still hear what’s going on. Now we have some extra time I will explain why a voted as I did yesterday and I will also explain why I vote today.”

“yesterday I misunderstood sleek, I thought he suggested to vote for silent members, and since Tylarion spook up soon after I thought he would no longer be a target. In that light I voted for Lamekh, since he was silent. However as the day past Lamekh didn’t speak up and time was running out. Since a council needs to act on its first day, or else it makes a bad impression, I changed my vote to Tylarion. I didn’t believed him to be guilty I just voted to get something done.”

“I hope that explains my voting behaviour form yesterday, if someone still has a question they can always ask me.”

“Now the matter today is not much different from yesterday. I still don’t have a clear suspect and I’m still seriously doubting some people’s words. However it is getting late and in the end of the day we still haven’t done something. I, like many others, judge people sooner during the end of the day. So in that light I now focus on Ilokir.” Morvai paused here to give everyone the time to catch up with the words. The last thing he wanted was to sound like Sleek. “Ilokir’s attack on sleek was weak and rash. Someone how is using his vote like that will slow down the council and can get less *popular* councillors killed without good reason. Therefore I see Ilokir as a danger to the council. And in that light I will vote for him. Unlike when I voted Tylarion I know think this is a reasonable idea. People who want to rush us in bad decisions endanger the council and we can’t have that now.”

Morvai grinned and ended his ‘speech’ with: “Now if you will excuse me there are more reports waiting on me”

Vote:Ilokir
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1