Slaaneshi Amoung Us IX: Sign Up - The Rendered Soul

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Slaaneshi Amoung Us IX: Sign Up - The Rendered Soul

Post by Darmort »

The Rendered Soul is a Black Ark (new one, not a Sundering one), and is returning from a raid of Ulthuan. However, several Warriors have been found slain, and the ship Commadore, Darmort, suspects treason, or even Asur Shadow Warriors. Your task is to find them through your minds.

You know the drill, people, if not, look up previous editions about the rules;
Basic stuff is that during the daytime everyone discusses, accuses, Votes and eventually lynches somebody. During the night, the enemy, Slaaneshi, Asur or Traitors, whomever they may be, and your protectors will use their Special Abilities to help or destroy the Council. The enemy win if they gain more than 50% control of the council, player number wise.

Use only your Screen Names, do not use Invisi-text or black text, speak only in English (as per forum rules), and post at least once per game day. If you have any questions, post them here or PM me.
Note: Less Role Playing, more talky!

I really want 20 People on this for it to work properly, but if not, rats!
So... JOIN!

1 - Spire
2 - Liger
3 - Drakhan
4 - Malevion
5 - SBOD
6 - Ashnari
7 - seanzala
8 - Moridin_Nae'blis
9 - The Golden Arrow
10 - getwisted
Last edited by Darmort on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

Count me in. Maybe this one will last a bit longer.
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

Yup, I'm in for sure! Now to think up another name with Liger in... ;)
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

I wonder how many of these therell be. Well Im goning to go in them all if humanly possible so sign me up.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

Sign me up :)
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Hell, sign me up. I guess i'll just be Sbod...

Edit: How long will a game day be?
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

The day lasts from 5-7 days, or even hours if everyone just goes off and votes for someone... The first day usually lasts longer so everyone can see it.

Estimated start date; Next week, Tuesday.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

I'd love to play, but two weeks of going to the bach will prevent me from actually playing :)
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Well, I'll put you on the possible Reserves list then. :)
Have fun at this bach thing. And don't do anything I wouldn't do. :P
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Oh, SERIOUSLY.
Did my sign-up post go bleedin' missing?
Pah.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Yay!! Count me in. I haven't done one sincce a while ago but still, count me in.

Sean
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Ashnari - One; it was spam, two; no one could understand what guuuuuh means...
seanzala - Consider yerself addified. ;)
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Fah, spam shmam. You knew perfectly well what it meant, and the post had a comprehensible (to you, at least, Darmort) purpose and point, meaning it wasn't spam.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Kenshi
Slave on the Altar

Post by Kenshi »

You know the drill, people, if not, look up previous editions about the rules

Where are these rules i cant find them.
"Today is a good day to Die"
Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

I don't know if I am in, I am only saying I might, I don't want to be voted again without a reason on the first day.
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Tylarion wrote:I don't know if I am in, I am only saying I might, I don't want to be voted again without a reason on the first day.

But that's half the fun :)

Also I assume the rules are the same as that of mafia if you have played it.
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

SBOD wrote:But that's half the fun :)

Also I assume the rules are the same as that of mafia if you have played it.

That would be more or less correct.
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

*gives Spire a cookie*
Correct amundo! ;)

Rules (Taken from Highborn Eltharion's Renegades Amoung Us over on Asrai.org

SCENARIO

The game will take place in a remote Wood Elf community in the outer forests. It's a small town that doesn't have all that many inhabitants. Most of you will play the role of soldiers, farmers, ie regular Asrai townsfolk. All would be well, if it weren't for these disturbing reports that Renegade Asrai, who are in service of Coeddil,apparantly have attempted to take control of the town lately, by sneaking in, assuming a role and playing their political tricks to gain greater and greater influence. Their plan is to free Coeddil, and taking over this village is the start of the process

This means that you (the players) will be divided on two teams - the Asrai citizens and the Renegade undercover agents. Of course, the Asrai citizens will greatly outnumber the Renegades, so equally great stealth is required for their mission to be successful - noone must know the identities of these agents before the game starts, and thus you cannot choose to join either team. Once the required number of players are in, I will randomly assign you (the players) your roles.

GAME OBJECTIVES

- The Asrai citizens must try to find the identities of these Renegades and have them hanging from the nearest tree. When all Renegades have been unmasked and executed, the Asrai side wins.
- The Renegades must try to gain enough political power in this region. This is done by assassinating leading Asrai citizens under the cover of darkness, until the number of Renegades equals or becomes greater than the number of surviving Asrai.

Each night, the Renegades select one member of the community to be the target for their assassinations. When the morning comes, that player is found dead, and his true identity uncovered.

Each day, the citizens (all players) discuss among eachother of who the guilty might be. They can choose to Vote against a player, to have him lynched. When a majority is met (I will announce the required number of votes beforehand) that player is executed and his true identity uncovered. The purpose is of course to manage to lynch Renegades, even though some innocent Asrai lives might have to be sacrificed to reach this goal..

THE RULES AND ETIQUETTE:

During the game's nights, everyone who has to do so sends me an E-mail or PM. Many of you have nighttime abilities, making it crucial to be prompt with your nighttime PM's. Nights may also take a while, so please be patient and considerate of that fact.

In the "morning" I announce the events of the night.

During the daytime you discuss and vote to kill someone. I will announce beforehand how many votes are required for killing. It is my prerogative to set a time limit on the voting; I will announce that at least 24 hours before the limit expires.

Under no circumstance are you allowed to show any E-mails/PMs from me or others. If there are questions on this, PM me FIRST. I will allow more if you ask than I will forgive if you don't. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not edit or delete your posts. Not even to fix BB Code. Not even lightning editing. Double posting is preferred. Or triple posting. Or getting it right the first time. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not post invisitext. Do not post white, despite the fact that white is indeed not invisitext. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GET YOU MODKILLED.

Do not post at night. Period. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL GE-- (you get the idea.)

If you wish to quit, don't be an ass and commit suicide via modkilling. PM me and I will find a replacement for you instead.

Please do not discuss this game via Instant Messenger, E-mails or IRL... (unless you are part of a group, and then only when it is night.)

If you are dead, you are dead. Do not post any information afterwards.

Votes must be in bold and of the format vote: ericj. I do not care about capitalization. If you revote, an unvote for your previous vote is understood - you do not have to unvote unless you wish to refrain from voting at that time. Votes in quotes are not counted as votes.

Once a majority is reached, that person gets lynched. You may continue to discuss during twilight (while you walk home) but you may not post at night. The night arrives when a mod posts that it is night. Again, I will not be very forgiving on this AT ALL.

The person with a simple majority gets lynched. HALF THE VOTE IS NOT A MAJORITY. If a deadline is set, the person with the most votes will be lynched as long as that person has half the majority.

Just replace Renegades with Asur/Slaaneshi/Whatever and Asrai with Druchii and that sort of thing...
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

What about the one night time post ussaly aloted? Also white is the best font for these boards so I think we'd be best off leaving it alone.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Drakhan wrote:What about the one night time post ussaly aloted? Also white is the best font for these boards so I think we'd be best off leaving it alone.

I assume the Asrai boards are white or a light colour in which white would be practicaly invisible, so for us that would be no using black text.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

White is their standard, the board is green...
There's Twilight, and then there's Night. Twilight is the term for Go To Bed Or Else, Night is when people can't post at all. Sometimes people don't bother with that, though, as it's too complicated...
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

It says white because they stole it from Silverglade, the DAU on Asur, which started all this.

And I skip this one, can I finally stop visiting this site.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Actually, they stole it from EricJ, the DAU on Asur, who started all this.

Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

Ashnari Doomsong wrote:Actually, they stole it from EricJ, the DAU on Asur, who started all this.
true, EricJ started, but Silverglade used the exact text in DAU 4 or 5.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

I would love to do this so sign me up. Please. I've never done this before so i have a question. How will I know when it starts?
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!