SAU VIII Signup / OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

With regards to SAU VI, would you rather things be...

A little more serious! Come on, last one was a slapstick. Sheesh...
15%
A bit less confusing... you lost me a couple of times in there.
8%
More roleplaying, more description. Seriously, you cast a window. That's just sad.
No votes
Hey! I wanted to host the next one!
8%
Nope. All fine with me.
69%
I'm not hosting the next one, but your last SAU... really... don't quit your day job.
No votes

Total votes: 13

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

SAU VIII Signup / OOC

Post by Tarbo »

With SAU VII having officially come to an end, hosted by XtremeNL and co-hosted by The Liger, the signup for a next SAU can begin.

Who will host this SAU is still a question. I, myself, am a candidate, but as I mentioned in the previous SAU thread, I've already hosted one and I'd like to give other people the opportunity. If I'm not mistaken, Tylarion made reference to wanting to try his hands on one.

Taking that into account, a poll is included with several options (at the top of the thread). If you signup, please vote for one of the options (or complain that your option isn't there).

Players (16)
  1. Ilokir
  2. Morvai
  3. Drakhan
  4. Raziel02
  5. The Liger
  6. Lamehk the Slavemaster
  7. rankrath
  8. Ashnari Doomsong
  9. Tylarion
  10. Malevion
  11. Darmort
  12. Spire
  13. SleekDD
  14. XtremeNL
  15. Mel'Reyna
  16. Telrunya
Last edited by Tarbo on Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:05 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

I'm in!! :D

*Nope. All fine with me.*

the only thing I have to add is that it took some time for some people to submit their actions.. we lost 3 people to modkilling, because inactivity. Sad, that is.. Apart from that, if have nothing to complain or to add.. great SAU.. ;) I hope the next will be as good :D

strange how much activity from Flanders there is recently on D.net... Potverdekke, it’s great to be a Belgian :mrgreen:
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

The Poll wrote:With regards to SAU VI would you rather things be...
The honour would be XtremeNL's and Liger's to have hosted the previous one. But, of course, praise won't fall on deaf ears with the next host, and certainly elements will be considered for assimilation. ;)

The SAU I'm referring to was the last (and first) I hosted, namely the sixth installment, called "The Temple of Khaine".

I tend to be somewhat stern when it comes to inactivity, as some players have found out, and I have no intention of being lax this time.

The player list will be kept on the first post for easy reference (I hope).
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

If you are hosting I want in. :P

Your last one was in my eyes the best SAU we have had until now. I still grin by the thought that the head-assassin was killed by someone who repairs windows. :lol:

I have only one advice for you, don’t change your style!

Ps. You should at the option: You are my god!
It would be fun to see how many people will vote for that. :lol:
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Tarbo wrote:With regards to SAU VI would you rather things be...
Sorry, I didn't see that, my mistake.. however, I'm looking forward to it.. ;)
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

Have to agree with Morvai SAU VI was probaly the best one. If you are willing you should deffidently put your self up as a possible (99.99% chance) Host for the next SAU.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Raziel02

Post by Raziel02 »

I would like to be in the next one, it was my first time of playing it, and although it was quiet at times it was still good, and hopefully ill be in the next one :D
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

Yeah, definitely, I loved SAU VI. I found nothing wrong with it really, so no changes. I'm in!
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Thanks for the praise--I'm really flattered--though I'll have to warn you all: this new SAU is something of an experiment. Number 6 was one too, apparently a successful one, but there are no guarantees here, and the experiment is larger.

The title is tentatively "Inquisition", but may change while I'm working out backgrounds.

"Experiments" include:
  • Events Special events, either global (affecting everyone) or local (opportunities), mostly designed to cope with imbalances.
  • NPC's A few Non-Player Characters will be introduced that can be interacted with in a limited fashion. Mostly, they serve as a pivot in several possible events, although they will occasionally double as a mild form of comic relief. Let's just say they do their own stunts.
  • New Abilities Speaks for itself, really.

For the moment, there are no plans for a third faction. While it adds "suspense", I find that it leaves a slightly cheated feeling with the loyal councillors--the "That's funny, I thought we got them all"-feeling.
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

im fine with you doing the next one. experiment all you want. i want in again! good luck whoever hosts!
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.
Rankrath
Executioner

Post by Rankrath »

count me in for this one.
in this life time, people get hurt. just be glad is wasn't your turn

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Cadian_Fortress/index.php? Come and join the ranks of the Imperial Guard.
Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

With hosting mine I meant on asur where I hosted: CWAU "Trouble in Wolfenburg" where the lone Nurgle Deamon won and CWAU2 "At the Shores of Lustria" were the Tzeentch cult won.

About this one, I don't know. I would like to see a bit more activity.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

I like my chips with a good dip of salt and a touch of ketchup.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

Ashnari Doomsong wrote:I like my chips with a good dip of salt and a touch of ketchup.

Means wishes to join.

Well I join again..
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Tylarion wrote:About this one, I don't know. I would like to see a bit more activity.
I can't make promises about activity, but I have several methods of stimulating it. It is often a cause of frustration to myself as well, so I know how you feel.

I'm working out a few chips in the backgrounds, trying to give everyone (including myself) a little leeway. You'll agree that this is a slightly more restrictive SAU in the roles handed out, but I'm hoping it will pay off in atmosphere.

The preferred amount of players is about 15-20. We currently seem to have 9.
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

Count me in.

Your last SAU was one of my two favourites. The other being SAU 1. Keep up the good work
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

Tarbo while I still want to strangle Sleek I liked the extra hidden groups thing.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Hell yeah!

I have dibs on the next one, though. :P
By the way, can we have less introductions at the start and less entrances and all that? We actually start in the room and half of you come in from a battle! O.o'
That and can we have less of a Role Playing aspect from the players? I find it annoying with all the drama players sometimes go through (including me).
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. I can imagine that some players have issues with half the present people being the only reason the Druchii race is still around, if that's what you're referring to. I've taken steps to limit it--precautions, if you will--but I can't eliminate it.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by introducing less of a roleplaying aspect. Can you give an example about the drama some people set up? You can use a PM if you're afraid of stepping toes. ;)

I'm asking since I was having the impression SAU's were roleplaying sessions; I may be wrong in my interpretation, or I may misunderstand you, hence.

About hidden groups, there isn't much I can readily divulge. Someone voted for less confusion--I'm not sure whether that's a reference to my writing style or certain game elements--so I'd like to keep complications to a minimum.

Sometimes, less is more.

I'd also like the opportunity to note that these NPC's do not participate in the game as a normal player; they do not vote and cannot be voted for (given my foreknowledge, that would be unfair). They are game balancers at best, and otherwise just actors like a captain of the guard or your host. Interaction as such is either the use of special abilities/events (invoked by players), or conversation (e.g. asking questions, background). They can be perfectly ignored if so wished.

We currently have 11 players.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Druchii Among Us started out as a pure-blooded Mafia rip-off under the iron first of EricJ over at Asur.org. At the time, it was spesifically stated that it wasn't a roleplay. After a while, Silverglade took over and it sorta evolved to a more roleplaying game, helped along by the memorable MoonblazerX and others, including, to a degree, myself.
I remember th' early days of the childhood friends rule. Also, I remember when Meif freaked out and turned into a llama.

Ah, the days...
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tylarion
Corsair

Post by Tylarion »

Tarbo wrote:About hidden groups, there isn't much I can readily divulge. Someone voted for less confusion--I'm not sure whether that's a reference to my writing style or certain game elements--so I'd like to keep complications to a minimum.
Ignore that one, I voted at random.
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

http://www.woodelves.org/Asrai/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
That's what I mean by Role Playing... too much action not enough talky in SAU! :P
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Darmort wrote:Can we have less of a Role Playing aspect from the players?
Darmort wrote:Too much action not enough talky in SAU!
I'm afraid you've confounded me. :? I tend to equate roleplaying to acting (as on stage), where you pick up a role and play it. What do you mean by "roleplaying"?
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

I don't supose I could join, could I? As I haven't played before, there aren't really any comments I can make relating to the options.
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Everyone is welcome to join, past experience or not. We need new victi-- err, blood in the SAU every now and then. If you're not familiar with the rules, don't hesitate to ask--I have them stashed somewhere on the hard disk, and in my own memory.

The options are normally for those who played and/or followed SAU VI: The Temple of Khaine. If you have no opinion, just leave it open. No shame there. :)

Welcome aboard.
Last edited by Tarbo on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.