SAU IX: Lost Raiders of the Ark

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

Getwisteerd rose from her chair " that's all very nice to say telnrunya, but don't you think you come a bit late with that. You did not vote for white yourself, so how you can blame others for not voting for him I don't understand. But there are still some thing which might be interesting, like darQ-zar only voting after there were already nine votes against SBOD, so he was either not thinking or trying to get less suspicious."
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Sleek Darla walked discretely towards Ligressa and offered her a few leaves.
“Here sorceress, chew on these. They will ease your discomfort on the water and work wonders in reducing pain”, she said softly while chewing one of the leaves herself. The wounds she suffered were far from debilitating but they hurt nonetheless. Still, she could name one unfortunate individual who was worse off than she was. He’d be eating through a straw for quite some time to come.

After this exchange, she sat down and joined the conversation.

“I am fairly sure DarQ’Zar was just unaware of the proper proceedings. Once a majority is achieved, the decision is taken and the meeting is adjourned. The last one to vote legally was White when he voted for Sbod. With that vote, a choice was made and deliberation was ended.”
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
The golden arrow
Cold One Knight

Post by The golden arrow »

"This is sad indeed but we all new something was going to happen" The Golden Arrow said to the others. Those gold plates might help us to find the artifacts, but it will all be in vane if we don't do anything against these bastards and end up killed everyone of us. I miself can't see many clues to work with, but then I'm not very skilled in hunting criminals (OOC: first game ;)) so could an intelligent person get together the clues we have so far so we could make some kind of conclusion who is suspected (and with which evidence) or who would be intresting to know the identity of (in a kind of grose manner).
Whiteboypolka
Beastmaster

Post by Whiteboypolka »

White's eyes were half hooded, exhausted from the battle.

"Indeed, it is very regretful that an innocent druchii was slain by mistake. As Telrunya has stated, it gained us little. SBOD was merely zealous in his accusations, and it cost all of us a true khainite." White leaned back in his chair once more.

OOC: Sorry for the short post,(and the OOC) but I will be away for the weekend in Tofino, and will not have internet access until sunday night (mountain time)
Stop me if you've heard this one...

hyetemplar wrote:i mean its pretty clear at least in my eyes khaine is a 2 timing wh0r3

(Starts running away from Naggaroth)
Stickman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Stickman »

"Do you all see what hastiness brings us? You sent a Khainite off this island over the proof that he was a little aggressive. We can not go and make rash decisions with so little proof."

Stickman coldly looked at everyone.

"It appears my subordidnate did have something of importance to tell us. He claims that he was hidden in the branches, and saw when Sohnerin was murdered. He was about a kilometer away, and his view was largely obscured by trees and bushes, but he has an assumption of the killing of Sohnerin. He says that there could be anwhere from 4-6 slaaneshi. He also told me." Stickman said with a gulp. "That magic was involved."

"This immediatly brings about suspicions for one of our officers, whose name seems to elude me at this moment, but I am sure one of you remember her name."

"I would hope that some of you also have some information that you could contribute, so we could hurry up and those artifacts and get out of this jungle."

And with that Stickman went to a chair to get some rest, it was a long battle after all.

OOC: Sorry for forgetting the name, I had to make this post in haste and didn't have time to look through.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

"Do you mean Ligressa, Stickman?" Moridin asked with a yawn. "Or maybe Golden Arrow perhaps? Either way, I think that while your subordiante's information might prove helpful, I think that a kilometer is quite a far way away for someone to witness all of this. Perhaps you were exagerating?"
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

OOC: Yes I know Sbod is Khainite but the characters shouldnt know that.

"White your apparent in-abilty to understand elven is getting on my nerves. Ill say this once more. When we reach majorty the said person is interogated. NOT killed. Additionaly, Sbod might still be a Slaanshii. Or mabye some other fraction we dont even know about. Interogation hasnt been completed yet."

Drakhan found his fingers rotating his ring. Angerly he pulled off the ring, and placed it into his pocket.

"I think in this case we need to look to the shadows. Those that try to avoid notice. have the better chance of being a traitor. Although some like Moridin and myself could be worth taking a look at to. Possibly being either reckless or hiding in plain sight."

"Stickman, could you be more detailed? Aswell as explaining what your man was doing spying on our general in the midile of a battle? Why he didnt report to Tarbo or another of high autority? And why would magic be necasary? As well as how was it used? I do not like your.... Evidence."

"I think we should look into Morvai's death. I do not know all the details. But it seems Magic was used. Either that or Morvai was a tad too fond of chocolate. Why kill Morvai? Mabye it was simply because there was no obvious reason? Mabye it was infact the skink magic users. Though it seems more of a Slaaneshii touch. I dont mind admiting. Im stumped."
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Getwisteerd
Highborn

Post by Getwisteerd »

"sleek darla, I think I didn't explain myself properly last time. If you were Slaaneshi, and people were voting for an innocent, you would have three choices. You could make yourself suspicious by either voting for the same person or not voting at all, or you could try to get less suspicious by voting for someone else, at the risk of the first innocent not getting a majority. OR you could wait until you are sure that the innocent person is going to be interrogated, and THEN vote for someone else.
Something similar can be said of Telnurya, who didn't vote himself but did say it was obvious SBOD was innocent AFTER he was imprisoned, and when his words had no longer any effect on the voting
I'm not saying this is proof they are Slaaneshi, I just wanted to let you know what I thought, and when 'looking at the shadows' as Drakhan advises, don't forget those 2, and like Drakhan has also said, athough in other words, don't trust him, or anyone else, simply because the are not hiding in the shadows."

OOC: how are you going to see a kilometer far in the middle of a jungle?
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

“More than his view may have been obscured,” Mioralynthia raises. You weren't sure she was paying the attention she should, and you're still reserving your judgment, but at least there is some inkling of awareness coming from the head of the table. If only she showed it by stopping to do... whatever it is she's doing. Or at the very least look at who she's addressing. Details that are forgiven her worth and rank.

“Magic is restricted to women by edict, not by capability. I expect those deviating from established religion to cut a few corners when it comes to following other edicts.” She flips a few pages in one of the books opened in front of her. “Besides, who knows what magical items store and unleash the arcane, regardless of affinity or erudition.”

By making the point she aimed for, Mioralynthia has made another, but to herself; she can't work properly like this. The officers need to be surveilled while discussing what to do, but the fact remains that she would rather be studying someplace with access to all of her material and colleagues or subordinates. So she decides to do the only feasible thing to do.

“Officer,” she cuts in while pointing briefly towards White. “Have sent for Captain Lareight; I'd like her to take over surveillance duty here so I can concentrate on getting us all out of here.”

White looks at the other officers, unsure of what he is meant to do. Is he supposed to call the guards, or is he dismissed? Assuming that he would only be ordered to do anything Mioralynthia wouldn't be able to do herself, he stands and cautiously makes for the door, making sure there is ample time to stop him.

“If at all possible, officer: today?”

OOC: This effectively takes WhiteBoyPolka out of the meeting for a while. He should be back by Monday, so you shouldn't expect him to reply soon, but you may still vote for him.
Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

“Yes, Getwisteerd, I heard you the first time. There is no need to drive the point home making ample use of decibels. Most of us are tired, hung over or trying to study and none of those will appreciate you yelling to them in such close proximity.”

Darla rubbed her throbbing temple in hopes of relieving some of the pressure in her head.

“I do understand what you are saying Getwisteerd, but I’d prefer to delve into the events some more before we start taking action. The more information we can gather, the better. Speaking of which…”

Darla looked at Stickman.

“You mentioned the council would be needing your help. Is this information the help you were referring to? Six saboteurs seems a bit over the top, however. It would mean that one more mistake on our part would grant them enough power to block the investigation. Three or four saboteurs would strike me as more reasonable, unless those six were split over different factions. Still, we shouldn’t allow ourselves to be confused by that just yet. Let us first get to grips with the basic situation before we start speculating over additional factions.”

“I agree with Drakhan in that we shouldn’t oversee the silent members of the council. If we don’t pay attention to everyone present here, it becomes easy to hide in silence and inactivity. The more people do so, the less we have to work with.”

“But let’s get on with the business at hand, shall we? Like some of you already admitted for yourselves, I do not have the answers either. But that doesn’t mean we can’t piece something together. The incident surrounding Morvai could be inspired by several motivations. They might have selected him because they assumed no one would protect him. They might also have elected him in order to confuse us. He was silent and had few ties to anyone in the council.”

Sleek Darla pouted her red lips for a moment, thinking on yesterday and what she learned from it.

“As yesterday, there are a few people I feel suspicious of but there are also a few I find more trustworthy than the others. I am inclined to believe that Drakhan and to some degree Spire are innocent. Now, this is little more than an educated guess but both seem to be contributing to the council’s deliberations in a constructive manner. Moridin might fall under this category as well but the timing, as well as his lack of motivation of a random vote beforehand force me to leave him out of the list for the time being.

I also have a few suspects. White remains suspicious to me given his sudden reaction after Moridin’s prodding. I’m adding his ending vote against Sbod since this ended the deliberations for the day and with it, also the investigation going against him. He could just be one of those people who are hoping to enjoy the fruits of our labour without having to take any risk, or he could be one of those people we are looking for.

Getwisteerd is an interesting case as well. He defended White until ExtremeNL addressed him about this. He then voted for White to prove there was no connection between them. If Getwisteerd is a saboteur, he’d know who’s guilty and who isn’t. He could easily pick a target of a random vote to defend and to look better when that victim appears innocent. He could also be persuaded by ExtremeNL to vote for White in order to prove his innocence at the expense of White.
On the other hand, Getwisteerd could just be someone who just wants to dodge interrogation and the undoubtedly unpleasant techniques that come with it, regardless of the cost for the rest of us.

Aside these two, there are the many officers who choose to remain silent and let others do the hard work for them. They content themselves with waiting for the moment to toss in their vote when it suits them or to cast down one of the officers trying to get something done when too many mistakes are made to their liking. Of course, the more numerous these people are, the easier it gets for the saboteurs to hide with them and the fewer people remain to solve this troubling issue.”

After her exposition, Sleek Darla shifts her eyes to the assembled officers in this room.
“Feel free to add or challenge anything I just said. After all, this is how progress is made.”
Great minds think alike.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Deadline before Tuesday, not Thursday!

Post by Tarbo »

It has been some time since White left the council chamber. A profound silence has fallen, broken temporarily by Sleek Darla's exposition. You're not entirely sure when the meeting will be adjourned, but you reckon it shouldn't take too long before word reaches you of new and exciting places to seek out, and to boldly have your guts impaled on a dinosaur horn like no man has done before.

A messenger barges through the open door, grasping for his chest with a heavy pant. You make a mental note to have these people train a bit more; they always tend to arrive completely exhausted. Or maybe it's because the council chamber is quite a few floors up.

The new arrival walks over to Mioralynthia and conveys his message, after which he is promptly dismissed.

“I've just been informed that the sorceress coven has located a number of possible raiding sites,” Mioralynthia tells you, the gathered officers. “We are still working out an attack plan, but you should expect this meeting to be ended fairly soon.”

And where is this White fellow?

°°°

“Got to be around here somewhere. Have you asked mistress Mioralynthia?”

White blew some air out his nose in sheer frustration. The Ark lieutenant in front of him had obviously some kharmic sense of humour, since Mioralynthia was the one to send him in the first place.

It all started there. Then, he came across the armourer, who told him that the high priestess—the one recently promoted to cover for the dead one—would probably know where the captain was. She, however, patched him through to the tailor for Khaine knows what reason. And the tailor? She believed Tarbo was leading the expedition, why not ask him? Surely, he had some inkling?

However, Tarbo turned out to be at least as elusive as Captain Lareight. Which, with the knowledge that Tarbo was allegedly leading the remnants of the expedition, was all in all very much disturbing.

“So if you need orders,” White desperately polled the lieutenant, “who on earth do you turn to?”

“Well, the captain, naturally. What did you think?”

Captain? Yes! White timely restrained himself from doing a jiggy dance in victory. Finally, the captain was found! “And where is the captain?” Please, please, please, know the answer.

“In his cabin, probably, filling out his log.”

The cabin, but where was her cabin? Hang on, his? “I thought Captain Lareight was a woman.” This was getting mighty confusing.

“Captain Lareight? Of course she is, you'd have to be blind to miss that. But what does she have to do with it?” the lieutenant chuckled. Suddenly, it dawned to him, and he snorted into a goodnatured laugh. “Son, Captain Lareight is captain of the Guard in a temple over in north FarAway-i-stan, not captain of the Ark!”

Great. This could take a while.

The deadline was mistakenly written to pass between Monday and Thursday, 18h00 GMT. This should be Monday and Tuesday, 18h00 GMT.
Getwisteerd
Highborn

Post by Getwisteerd »

"sleek I think you took some wrong conclusions, and your memory isn't working as it should. Just a few things I would like to point out:
1. My 'defence' of White was nothing more than pointing out an inconsistency in Moridin's words. (who explained what he meant afterwards, so no point bringing that up again)
2. It was not XtremeNL who addressed me about my 'defence' of white, it was you. XtremeNL only said something about my 'defence' of White after I voted for White.
3. I voted for white because it was more interesting to know if he was Slaaneshi, than it was to know if SBOD was Slaaneshi, for if white proved to be innocent, we would know SBOD was innocent too.

If you can think of any other examples of me working against the council please tell, but if not, please don't accuse me of trying to dodge interrogation at the expense of the rest of you. Actually I think that your own actions haven't helped the council any more than mine did, at least my reasons are based on facts, and well thought out, and I don't make use of slander..."

OOC: didn't know writing in bold was yelling too :oops:
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

Telrunya snorted into Getwisteerd words.

"I'm sorry, but I feel I have to tag in here. You claim your reasons are, amongst other things, based on facts. Let's go over these facts, shall we?"

"First of all, you state Darq'Zar placed a vote after a majority had been reached. I counted Darq'Zar as being placed between the eighth and the ninth vote on Sbod. Admittedly, Sbod was already on the verge of interrogation, but let's gloss over that inaccuracy for the moment."

"Another 'fact'. I apparently stated Sbod was clearly a Khainite. This is news to me, since I merely stated that, if --which indicates a hypothesis, not a fact-- the conclusion was that both Sbod and White were saboteurs, then it would have been better to interrogate White and not Sbod. I definitely recall saying that, and --get this-- I even recall you saying that. So, we've both been stating the same thing."

"The way I see it, your line between fact and slander seems to be finer than mine."
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

"Well. The fact remains, we must assume the Slaaneshi to be cunning in the extreme. They will surely stop at nothing to sabotage our movement and strike hard at anything resembling a decently organised meeting. We must keep this in mind. I, however, shall vote: Extended Deadline, for now the discussion truly begins."
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

"Indeed. As we have no clear suspects we must once again target an officer based on unsound evidence. The only proper way to do such a thing is to pick out the officer with the most speculation against their name. In my oppinion this can only be getwisteerd. The foremost speculation against him is his defence of white. If their is no link between the two of them then why would geetwisteerd risk his neck in the defence of a complete stranger. Could he be protecting a teammate? And then he did a rather shady double take and voted for the very elf he had been trying to protect only minutes before. No conclusive evidence here I grant you but something must be done or this meeting is wasted. Therefore, I Vote- Getwisteerd
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Getwisteerd
Highborn

Post by Getwisteerd »

vote:extended deadline

"malevion, could you please tell me what exactly I did to defend white, quoted from my own words. At the moment you're voting based on something non-existant"
Sleekdd
Highborn

Post by Sleekdd »

“Hm. Yes, now you mention it, it was me rather than XtremeNL who addressed you about it but that is merely a detail. I will redouble my efforts to avoid such errors in the future. I’m also pleased to see you rationalize your efforts but I’m sure you’ll understand that one could easily lie about them. Actions are concrete however and I prefer to base myself on those. I don’t intend to ignore your other points out of hand but you understand they cannot be cleared for truth unless we are willing to put them to the test. I am hoping this won’t be necessary.”

“Time is running out, officers. If anyone has something to add or a suggestion, now would be a good time.”

Vote: Extended Deadline

OOC: I just had the impression you were yelling. And it gives some roleplaying opportunities as well. ;)
Great minds think alike.
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

Ligressa looked around wearily - she hadn't said much so far because she didn't fancy becoming engrossed in a debate, as the night had taken much out of her. Now she was facing another night of heat, humidity and lots of dinosaurs charging all over the place, and she wasn't keen on doing that, the longer she could keep the meeting going the more time she could rest and recover for tonight.

"I wil first vote: Extended Deadline," she said, as I hope it can give us more time to come to a conclusion.

"However, I will leave votes on a person for now. Though I suspect you Getwisteerd, I believe that your defence, and then random attack on White was out of foolishness, rather than malice. However, it may be that I will change this at some point, but for now I don't want to see another pointless death."
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

"I'm having a hard time seeing any clear subjects to right now, I really wish I could add something, but right now I'm going to vote:torches and hope something new pops up."
Malevion
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malevion »

"Well My lady Getwisteerd didn't you say these words on the first day soon after Moridin voted for White?"

Malevion got to his feet bowed to the assembled councillors and continued in a high pitched falsetto voice

"although killing does please Khaine I'm not sure He would be happy if this operation failed because we just started slaughtering eachother. Not until everyone has spoken should we start with voting, for why would those who haven't spoken yet be guilty? That doesn't make sense to me"

Malevion cleared his throat and sat down

"Admittedly this is hardly a damning condemnation M'lady. You didn't even mention White by name. However it was a move in his defence, whether it be for a genuine desire to protect an innocent member of the council or a desire to protect a teammate. And then later you did turn your vote against white. Again this could be totally innocent but it could also have been an attempt to cover your tracks and severing any link between the two of you in the eyes of the council. It is true that this is mere circumstance and speculation but at the moment circumstance and speculation is all we have and we must act on it. Besides my dear lady its not like a vote for you would send you to your death. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear"

Malevion glanced out the window and saw the lenghtening shadows signalling that the day was almost done.

"By Khaine it is getting late. I'd best vote- extended deadline to ensure that something is accomplished today"
He is a pimp and pimps don't commit suicide.

Dead men don't strike first
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

"Well right now I have nothing of use to add, but I hope someone can find something useful. I agree that we must have more time in order to accomplish anything today.

I vote Extended Deadline.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

"I can think of little to say that hasnt already been said. Although I think it is more likly that getwisteerd is meerly foolish. Unforatntly for him, for me that is a vaild reason to vote. Voting now is almost as good as random. Might as well clear the fools. Vote: getwisteerd and Vote: extended deadline.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Stickman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Stickman »

Stickman's eyes flared with frustration as spoke to the officers.

"Well it seems that even though I give you information, it can't be appreiciated.
I'll try to address the "problems" with my information as they were mentioned."

"My man was by the general merely because he was, he was in the right place at the right time. Like I have said I don't know how many numerous times, and it is starting to get old, is that I do not trust anyone. Now that doesn't mean that I don't trust the higher authorites on whether they're slaaneshi or not, but they could do something ignorant with the information, or withold it for them to gain some sort of personal gain. That is why I told my men to report to me."

"He believes magic was involved because as he looked on, he not once ever heard a sound, not the sound of battle, or the sound of his murder. Soon after he left the area the sounds of battle soon returned to him. Now unless there is something that can achieve this affect withouth magic, that both me and my shades don't know about, please, correct me.

"With that being said, if something was to be spoken off of a plaque or scroll, wouldn't the sound of the words have to come out of his or her mouth in order for the spell to go off?"

"Lynthia, you do raise a good point about the magic wielder being man, but to that I have a few speculations. First, in order to use magic, you can't wear any armor, and the only armorless men I have seen are myself and another shade. It obviously can't be me, because why would I bring incriminating evidence to everyone's attention? There is the possiblity of the other shade being slaaneshi, but I find it very unlikely. Us shades live in the mountains, away from the lure and seduction that the dark god uses to brainwash his followers. All that leaves are the woman, and thus it must be Ligressa or . Oh, and as much as I hate to say it, thank you for the reminder Moridin."

"Now I though have an apology to make. I asked how far the shade was from the treasonous act, and in the rush of getting ready for battle, he gave me a quick estimation of a kilometer. I'll have re-educate him in his distances."

"It seems that my information seems to be the only actual information flowing through the room right now, so I will place a vote. Ligressa and The Golden Arrow, it seems that you two are sorceress. But since The Golden Arrow openly displayed her ability to wield magic, I find that she was too forgetting that someone might have seen her on that day. So with here I will place my vote."

Vote: The Golden Arrow

OOC: Sorry, I live in the U.S., and have a bad translation of a kilometer, I thought it was much shorter than I found out it actually is. I thought it was about an 8th or 9th of a mile, or, I hope I got this down, 100 or 200 meters. I also don't know how dense this jungle is, and I imagine it to be somewhat open, not so packed you can barely see in front of you. Sorry for the mistake.
Getwisteerd
Highborn

Post by Getwisteerd »

"malevion thank you for saying what you based your opinion on, now I can at least try to defend myself"

"now you should be aware that I didn't say that to moridin alone but also to SBOD, after they just started voting for people. It was not meant to defend White, I just don't like the idea of a random vote.
Now I'll once more give you the reasons behind my vote for White, which are mathematical actually.

SBOD guilty = white guilty
so if you're voting for SBOD you could just as well vote for white. (note that SBOD did go to white's defence much more than I did) but I didn't think either was guilty, by that time I didn't have a clue to who was quilty and who not. but:

white innocent = SBOD innocent
it's a logical deduction from the statement above. So when voting for white, you always win something! this isn't so anymore, because SBOD is no longer here.

In the meanwhile I do have some clues but I will double chack my facts before telling them..."

OOC ...and I'm going to school now
Darq`zar
Shade

Post by Darq`zar »

" I vote: extended deadline too, as it seems that this is taking quite long time"