SAU 12 sign-up and OOC thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

SAU 12 sign-up and OOC thread

Post by Tarbo »

Work on the next SAU is coming along well enough to allow people to sign up already. If you wish to play, leave a post in this thread saying you're signing up. Any questions you have about the game go here as well--I've answered a few common ones below (largely copied from SAU 10), but don't hesitate to ask if your question's not answered!

What's a SAU?
SAU stands for Slaaneshi Amongst Us. For those of you familiar with Maffia or similar games, you'll find there are a great many likenesses. Allow me to go over the basics anyway.

A SAU works in two repetitive phases: Day and Night.

Each Night, one player is killed by a group typically called "Infiltrators", or "Slaaneshi" for historical reasons. The Infiltrators are a small, secret group hidden amongst the players in the game.

Each Day, everyone convenes in what we call a council. Infiltrators pose as regular players and partake normally in discussions. During the Day, the Council may vote by majority to have someone removed from the game. If someone is removed, the removed player's identity is revealed and the Day ends. Days are typically much longer than Nights.

The goal for the Infiltrators is to defeat the majority in Council; they must have at least as many members as there are other players (so they cannot be voted anymore). The goal for everyone else is to find and vote off all the Infiltrators.

Who is allowed to play?
Everyone who signs up before the game starts. All I require of prospective players is that they take the few rules to heart.

What are the rules?
Both Day as Night last only a set period of time, during which everything must be said and decided. The actual timeframes are typically about 72-120 hours for the Day and about 48-72 for the Night. The system is as follows:

A Night has a plain and simple deadline. Players who have special abilities (such as the Infiltrators) must relay their use to the host (me). The Night ends when either everyone communicated use of abilities or when the deadline passes.

A Day has a double deadline system. A first, activity deadline is set by which everyone must have given a sign of life by an In-Character post or be removed. A second deadline is set by which the Day forcefully ends regardless of voting.

At Day, each player may cast a vote against another player. As soon as a majority vote is reached, the voted player is removed from the game and the Day ends. Each player has one and exactly one vote. If you vote for another player, an implicit unvote for your previous target is understood.

Who plays the Infiltrators?
Infiltrators are players, picked randomly at the start of the game. Only the Infiltrators themselves know who they are, and they may communicate freely with eachother at Night. Notifications about roles are sent before the game kicks off. If you have not received a message before the game starts, you were not assigned a special character (but you can still play the game, of course!).

How do I sign up?
Leave a post in this thread saying you want to sign up for the game. You can sign up until the game actually starts; anyone else will be kept as reserves should someone unexpectedly drop out.

How many people can play?
There are no set limits. Typically, SAUs have between 12 and 20 players, but I can take more if needed. (See how optimistic I am?)
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

I would love to join! Looking forward to gamestart already
Andreas
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

I would like to play as well please.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ohh Ohh pick me pick me (people turn and stare at the sight of a Druchii lord squirming in a plastic chair franticly waving a hand in the air)

So yes in sane peoples language I would like to play.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Please do sign me up Tarbo. I really would like to play again.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:So yes in sane peoples language I would like to play.
You know, Drainial, one does not need a clown when one has a chicken leg to keep him company. *boards tricycle* AHAHAHAHAHA! *leaves the office*

You're in, you're all in. 8) More victims for the ever-growing army of the SAU...

Players
  1. Soupman
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial Shadowheart
  4. Belial.
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

Oh, great - another one. I'd love to play.

*likes SAU and TAU*. Though not Tau, but that's a different matter.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

You really should try Georgian food.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

I'll play if i can tarbo. also to Belial, if we both get in i'm not going to get killed of by nurgle this time, so watch yourself, lol.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Count me in Again Tarbo, my good man.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Yikes, eight people in less than 24 hours! :shock: If this keeps up, I'd better hurry to get my opening post set.

Players
  1. Soupman
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial Shadowheart
  4. Belial.
  5. lordofthenight
  6. Ashnari Doomsong
  7. Demendred
  8. Khelmor

Come one, come all! BYO frog legs.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Whoopee! Game again!

Count me in!
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

thanks for letting me in tarbo. Glad your playing as well Draknir, i reckon you have a great writing style for this sort of thing.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Players
  1. Soupman
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial Shadowheart
  4. Belial.
  5. lordofthenight
  6. Ashnari Doomsong
  7. Demendred
  8. Khelmor
  9. Draknir Reaverblade

If I miss anyone in the listing, please, point it out to me. I'm not trying to ignore you; I just pulled a few late-nighters, and I haven't been a teenager for a while anymore, so I'm still recovering a little. ;)
Aleraen
Cold One Knight

Post by Aleraen »

I could've sworn I posted my interest shortly after this thread went up... If you still have slots open, I'd love to join.
Aleraen Gleamfollower
High-Consort of Army Wide Hatred
<Sirist> So you won't lose me. I'm still around. I'm just in you, and in everyone I've known.
Has neledak
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Has neledak »

I've played Maffia in person, and it was awesome. Lets see if the forum version is the same. Count me in please.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Players
  1. Soupman
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial Shadowheart
  4. Belial.
  5. lordofthenight
  6. Ashnari Doomsong
  7. Demendred
  8. Khelmor
  9. Draknir Reaverblade
  10. Aleraen
  11. Has Neledak

That makes eleven already... excellent...

A question that pops up every now and then:

Who gets special roles? Can I pick?
Whoever the randomiser tells me gets a special role. I do take requests into account (but only went sent by PM), but the process is generally random.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

Count me in please Tarbo
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Good to see you too kurlan, I hope for you that you will not die immediately in the start ;)
Aenarin
Shade

Post by Aenarin »

Ooooooh I'd really like to join in again. I had a really nice time the game I played.
Katash
Executioner
Location: On a ship in a little glass bottle trying to figure out how I got here

Post by Katash »

i'll join
Thus will it come to pass.
The dying leader will know
the truth of the opera house.
The missing three will give you the five
who have come from the home of the 13th.
You are the harbinger of death, kara thrace.
You will lead them all to their end.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Players
  1. Soupman
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial Shadowheart
  4. Belial.
  5. lordofthenight
  6. Ashnari Doomsong
  7. Demendred
  8. Khelmor
  9. Draknir Reaverblade
  10. Aleraen
  11. Has Neledak
  12. beastmaster kurlan
  13. Aenarin
  14. Katash

The SAU (or the ones I host) are different from mainstream in that they start with a Day rather than a Night. Everyone gets into the council room breathing; everyone gets a chance to play. After the first Day, however, Night follows, and people tend to die then.

Rules about trivia questions and event cards are the same as always (with links for the new people).

Another question that I recall from previous games is about teams. I'll try to explain what teams and team abilities are.

Teams
Teams are people who know eachother's identities and share allegiance. They may communicate with eachother during the night through any means they see fit (IM, PM, email...). Most teams have at least one team ability.

A team ability is an ability shared by other members of your team (but not necessarily all of them). It can be used as long as there is at least one member who can use that ability.

Teams have a captain who is responsible for relaying the use of team abilities to the host (in this case, me). When an agreement can't be reached, captains have the final say in the use of team abilities.

Example-- Nizarial and Yrandin are infiltrators. They each have an ability "kill" that is marked as being a team ability. This means they have to decide together who they will kill. If, for some reason, either Nizarial or Yrandin can't use his abilities, but the other still can, "kill" will still take effect. --

If you were not given team members, you are not part of a team.

And just in:
Do we get a number of freebies for missing a deadline? Is it okay to miss one?
No. You miss the posting deadline, you're dead. Don't play if you can't play. You only hurt the game if you do.
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

I'd like to join. I'm still kicking myself for the TAU. And since i had to dislocate my leg to do that properly, it hurts twice as much.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

I would like to play.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Players
  1. Soupman
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial Shadowheart
  4. Belial.
  5. lordofthenight
  6. Ashnari Doomsong
  7. Demendred
  8. Khelmor
  9. Draknir Reaverblade
  10. Aleraen
  11. Has Neledak
  12. beastmaster kurlan
  13. Aenarin
  14. Katash
  15. Shadow Dark
  16. 51la5

That's sixteen, which is an average SAU. There's still room, but I will start the game as soon as I finish my massive opening post. Which could still take a day or two. At which time I will close the sign-up, assign roles, and kick off the game.