Group 22

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Varin listened to Fiats response and then nodded, chosing his next words very carefully,
"Do not mistrust me because of the test I laid out before you, for almost all my employees have undertaken a similar task at the start. I was simply letting you prove your worth to me, show me you are the right mercenaries for my services. I was proven correct, for you have done well today. In honour of your services I am giving you 200 gold coin each, so go get your rest and I will breif you on your next assignment in the morning."

OOC - sorry this is brief but I have had a busy day, and my week is only going to get worse. I have a snake arriving just in time before I go up north so I may not be able to post for several days while I try and sort things out here. Sorry about this. Also, assume that you all had 0g before this so now your purse each contain 200. The system I will use puts 200g at about the worth to buy a cheap sword or something, a night at an inn would generally be about 15 to 25g. You dont need to pay for your lodgings here, that was just an example.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

OOC- So we sleep, maybe converse with our other teammates, then wait for your modpost later to start us up again?
I'll be busy till the start of the new year too, I'll still post, but as you've noticed already, it will be less and less frequent till mid-January.

OOC - Yeah, go sleep and enjoy looking at your new gold! I will post the new modpost either once I am in newcastle if I can or when I return on boxing day. I hope you dont mind, everything always gets busy for me at christmas, but I have hardly any free time this year. Nice gaming with you all so far ;)

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : snake sighted. Cute. Good luck. I think my character has little to add to any discussion between now and morning, but if you wish to ask her anything, hey, feel free!

IC :

Karonath had nothing whatsomegither to say about anything, being thoroughly confused with the days events, and to where it was all leading. She wanted cleanliness, and refreshment, nothing more.

Karonath will go get cleaned up and will then sleep like any given generic inanimate object. If any one wants to talk to her, now's the time!
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: yay, money!

IC:

Wearily, Vryala dragged herself to her quarters for a well-deserved bath and some sleep. 'No more surprises', he said. We'll just have to see about that.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Fiat will crawl, wearily to his bed
as visions of riches dance through his head

OOC- happy holidays guys

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Post by Silar, hand of khaine »

Holding a rather heavy bag of coins, Thesbe headed to her room, quickly falling on her bed, lying for a while before getting up to have a wash.

ooc: Happy christmass guys :mrgreen:

OOC - I feel that in this last week you have in my eyes redeemed yourself for what you got your first warning for. Therefore once I start posting again next week your character is not going to be killed off for bad posting. Keep it up, Merry Christmas all!
Khaine's will be done
Thesbe (formerly of group 13, now in group 22, started again
ws:4
I:5
S:3
T:3
D:4
equipment: shade robes, short sword, repeater crossbow,
inventory: 200g, dagger, troll head
skills: basic stealth
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - I found a bit of time to roleplay this evening (woo!) but tomorrow looks like I will be busy and then I am leaving so I dont know if/when I will post next week.

IC -

The following morning...

You are woken early by the morning sun cascading in through the window in your room in spite of the fine silk curtains draped there. Sunlight in Vikahr is only around for a few hours a day and so you get up and enjoy its warmth as you prepare yourself, checking your possessions and more importantly gold are still where you left them. You make your way along the hallway, remembering the way the servant led you to your room, and down the staircase at the end. You remember Varin saying he was to talk to you in the morning about your assignment, and despite the fact he tricked you once already the already heavy gold bag at your side entices you to find out more about this next task.

You enter the feasting chamber, with its long dark table and fine decorations, at the same time as your companions. Varin is not yet in the room but you find the guard captain, Sevro, seated at the long table, which is covered with plates of bread and cheese. You all move over to the table as he nods in greeting and start to eat. It is not long before Varin enters the room through one of the large arches you have never been through, Morius and a single guard close behind him. Just before he reaches the table he turns and mutters some quiet orders to the guard and his cousin, and the pair of them take their leave through the doors which lead outside.

Varin then approaches the table and takes his seat at the highest chair, greeting each of you and Sevro in turn and then addressing you in what you have learned is his more formal tone.
"A fine day for another assignment, wouldn't you say?" he chuckled in his usual way, "I have a task for you to carry out, and you are the perfect four for the task... for reasons I shall explain when we are alone."

Sevro took the hint and after one last bite of bread he stood and bowed to his lord before quickly leaving the room through a small door to the left side of the room. Varin watched him go and then continued his speech.
"As I was saying, I feel you four are perfectly suited to this task. Last night you met one of my employees, a young woman called Yvonne, who was stationed at the Tvar estate. I understand that she took leave of her post when the events of last night unfolded, which means she has left me with nobody to monitor that welp Ignar and his suckup excuses for guards. Firstly, I want any information you have on her right here right now. Why did she leave? What did she say? Where did she go? I need these answers, and you four are the only employees I have that have seen her."

With that, Varin Blackthorn stops and waits for you to reply. Judging by his words you guess after you tell him about Yvonne he will task you with locating her, though what your orders will be once you find her you can only guess at.

OOC - answering Blackthorns questions will probably require some reading back of the posts from the Tvar house scenes.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Vryala had enjoyed a good night's sleep and thoroughly relished being clean for the first time in so long. She started out with her usual morning excersises - a good habit she'd picked up early on in her career. She then spent considerable time cleaning her equipment, and pruning over her hair (Being able to kick ass is no excuse not to be a lady!) before she considered herself ready for breakfast.

Vryala silently enjoyed her bread after ignoring Sevro's greeting - she hadn't forgotten his sneer of contempt just the day before. After a short while, Varin joined them, Morius at his side. I wonder why he keeps dragging around that orc-child. I just can't believe they're related... After the odd cousin had taken his leave, Varin also sent Sevro away. Well that's unusual. I didn't think he'd trust us enough by now to feel safe alone with us. Or is it just that he doesn't want Sevro to hear what he has to say?

She listened intently to Varin. 'Young' woman, good one. Wait... 'left me with nobody'? Yvonne was his only spy in Tvar's estate, and she is now lost to him? That means Varin doesn't even have a firsthand account of our group's performance! It was getting increasingly difficult for her to keep a straight face but managed to do so (albeit just!) whilst replying to Blackthorn's questions.

It appears her leave wasn't voluntary. With my blade at her throat, she had no choice but to help us escape - but this treachery would not have been condoned by Ignar Tvar. To stay would have meant her death, so she said. The last we've seen of her was near the Noble Market, like us she was trying to blend in and staying the hell away from anything resembling Tvar heraldry.

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Fiat had his first good nights sleep in a long time. He awoke refreshed and without his usual nightmares of demons and what memories remained of his mother, maybe it had too do with the fighting he had done, or just having a nice bed for once. But for whatever reason he was glad and refreshed.

After putting on his clothes he headed straight for the dinning hall for breakfast. The morning had surprised him, for not only did Sevro greet them, but left when Blackthorn arrived! Were they building his trust that much, or was this another hidden card up Blackthorns sleeve?

Varin asked, very sternly, about Yvonne. Fiat tried to remember the night before when she left, but was too tired and sore at the time to pay much attention. Vryala Explained most of what happened, and Fiat added what he could.
Ignor Tvar had seen Yvonne helping us, and bladepoint or not, she seemed pretty sure returning to the mansion would mean death. She did lead us to him with our weapons, so it wouldn't surprise me if he would consider her a spy of yours.
Fiat thought for a moment, trying to pull back memories from the rush that was yesterday. She also mentioned being a coward, if that means anything to you about your servants. I haven't heard of many spies being cowards...

Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Thesbe awaoke from her first long sleep in, well a long time. Feeling better then she had for a while, she got changed and picked up her gold, both of witch where, almost suprisingly still there.

Walking into the feasting room, the noble wanted to know about Yvonne, Thesbe couldn't remeber much about last night, due to the amount of times she had been sent sprawling by an embarresing amount of strikes, and the others seemed to have it covered.
Not much more on what they said, andthey probably know more about her then me anyway, you might have noticed, but I'm not generely that social, well with you city folk

ooc: my spell check's not working so sorry for any bad spelling[/b]
Khaine's will be done
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Karonath awoke feeling a little cleaner and better for the wash and the sleep. She was still sore from having been beaten down twice the day before, and her moods had given her something of a headache also. She went down with others to meet the noble, and when food was presented she ate greedily. The noble asked concerning the old lady who had shown them in and out of House Tvar, but she had not paid attention to the hag over much. So she was naturally content to let those who had say their piece. Her mind was still busy with lurid yet horrid visions of the fight in Tvar's chamber.

She was only dimly interested in what was said, merely trying to pick up clues as to what would happen next. She gathered that they were eveidently going to have to go and find that old thing. Maybe they'd have to kill her too. That gave the little one a certain perverse sense of anticipation - she had despised that woman from the first. Of what else might befall if she did go to kill Yvonne, Karonath dared not think just yet - of the horror and desire of the Lord.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Varin strokes his chin thoughtfully as he listens to you, and continues to sit unmoving for a long moment after you have finished. After considering your words he begins to speak,
"Yvonne was no coward, that's for sure, perhaps she was acting. I had her trained well, if she were to leave the Tvar estate her duty was to report back to me immediately. She knew this, and instead you say she has gone in the direction of the market. She must not be allowed to leave the city, that's for sure. Your task is to go into the Noble Market and try to track her down. I want her back. Dead or alive."

Without another word Varin Blackthorn stands up from the table and indicates to the main door with his head. It is a clear sign that you are to depart straight away, though you may feel like staying and finding out more from your employer.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Vryala was a bit taken aback by the manner in which Varin ordered them to go out manhunting again, and could not hide all of her irritation when she answered.

Trained well, you say, though this particular lap dog seems to have a mind of its own. If she is not the cowardly wench I presumed her to be, I'd like to know exactly what her abilities are. Forgive me for having developed a slight distaste of your surprises... milord.

Varin looked at Vryala as if he was going to say something harsh against what she had said, but then seemed to think the better of it. He sat back down at the table and sighed.
"Very well, I guess I owe you as much information as I can give, but understand that speed is of the essence here. She is trained as a spy, which as I guess you can understand gives her a certain advantage at remaining unseen when she wants to. I didn't say this would be easy, after all. She's also got quite a good hand with a sword, but I'm sure the four of you can match her to bring her to me. It's her aim you should be wary of, if I was you I wouldn't want her to pick up a crossbow any time soon.

Now, please, make haste to the market. If you're fast she may still be there, after all it sounds like she left the Tvar house unarmed in which case she is probably still there looking for weapons or armour. If not, perhaps she is seeking accomodation in the city or making for the city gates. All of these are possible, so you better hurry up and catch her. If she gets away you won't get a copper out of me, no matter what you go through to try and get her. Just remember, dead or alive"

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

K could hardly have cared less what the mission was. Her quest had become personal and internal. Blackthorn's games were to her just a path to follow, part of a greater struggle that raged within her. Success or failure she would measure hereafter by her own standards. He offered a task, which saved her the trouble of going in search of one, and he gave lodging and pecuniary advancement, which suited her fine, also. She had had considerable trouble finding such things before she met the noble, and now she was glad in a sense that at least that pressure was removed from the task ahead.

The noble would lay the path, and she would follow it, and he'd pay her for it too. Fine and dandy. He might not guess to where it was leading her, but what did that matter? What she was most pleased to hear was that her weapons were evidently to be returned very soon. She longed to touch them, to feel the power in them, and then to use that power and hear that sweet satyr voice again.

Yes. Let's go now, said she, in a low monotone, with eyes wide open and tight lips. She stood, hands on hips, and looked in turn to each of the others at the table.

Karonath is standing waiting for the others to get off their dang chairs and go cut someone already.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

This didn't seem good. Looking for a professional spy in a crowded area who had a whole nights head start. Fiat knew nothing about searching for people in the streets, and hoped that someone else would.
You've told us her fighting style, but is there anything else we should know? Any behavior or markings that would make her stand out in, lets say, a crowded marketplace?
I understand the urgency of this mission, but if we are not well prepared then we will get nowhere.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Varin sighed again as he looked at Fiat before replying,

"To be frank, you have seen her at the Tvar estate and so should recognise her. Personally, considering the fact she has been away as my spy, I have not seen her now in almost a year. There is the basic description which I am sure you picked up on looking at her, she is quite old, has long dark hair, fairly tall. If my memory serves me correctly she also has a tattoo on her throat, though the meaning of it now eludes me. She told me once a long time ago, perhaps it was 'Death' or something similar. I beleive you are as prepared as you can get, I can help you no more. Unless Thesbe here has anything to add, please make haste to the Nobles Market."

Varin looks at Thesbe to see if she has anything to add, a manner of urgency in his eyes.

Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

"I am sorry my lord, the others were I much better a state to recall things than myself at the time

Arrgh, now I feel even more useless,hopefully soon I can get back to shooting things

ooc; sorry for shortness I need to go to London right now
[/i]
Khaine's will be done
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Blackthorn nods to Thesbe and then walks over to the main door to outside, the four of you at his heels. He opens the door for you and gives you a few last words,
"Sevro will return your weapons at once, you'll probably need them."
With that you follow the same route as before out of the Blackthorn estate, having been armed once more, and into the city of Vikahr. You move off in the direction of the Noble Market, keeping an eye out for anyone who looks like Yvonne on the way.

OOC - If you want to you can choose to spend some of your money at the market, so just state what your character is looking for and I will let you know if you find anything of the sort and how much it costs.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : I don't suppose Karonath would have anything like enough folding to get herself a draich? That's what she truly wishes for Deathmas, I deem.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Okay to make things simpler I will give you an overview of what you can see for sale at the Nobles Market upon entering. Remember what you were told by the innkeeper about not being welcome in such a high ranking place, so you may have to push the prices up on this particular occasion to actually purchase something. I would recommend saving your money for somewhere else where prices will be better but it is up to you. You all earned 200g so far, please make a note of your money in your signature profile.

IC -

You make your way into the Noble Market, still looking for Yvonne, and decide to make the most of the oppertunity you have to spend some of your wages. You move around the nearby stalls in a group to see the average prices of items on sale. Ignoring the upturned noses and angry stares of the nobles, this is what you come up with:

A cheap metal dagger ~ 50g
A fine crafted dagger ~ 150g
A basic short sword ~ 150g
A well crafted sword ~ 500g
A two handed sword ~ 400g
A well crafted Draich ~ 1000g
A crossbow with bolts ~ 400g
A small metal sheild ~ 300g
A large full shield ~ 600g
Light body armour ~ 500g
Heavy body armour ~1200g
Shade capes or cloaks ~ 250g

OOC - If you want to try buying something just say so in your next post, otherwise carry on your characters actions as they look for Yvonne. You may chose to stick together or split up now, but realise you are in a hurry to check a number of places so...
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Occasionally answering contemptuous looks with a condemning glare of her own - (the nerve of this nouveau riche... appalling) - Vryala browsed the Noble Market. The prices made her wince. Looks like I'll have to work a bit more before I can start thinking about seriously upgrading my gear. Ah well, it's not like we haven't got a job to do here.

Now if I were a trained spy, where would I hang around? Vryala thought of the possibility of Yvonne already having spotted the group, being familiar with this Marketplace and all she could definitely claim the initiative in the upcoming encounter. So considering, Vryala decided the group sticking together wouldn't be the best way of drawing their target out into the open.

Fiat, I'll be hanging around the outskirts for a while in search of our target. You lot go on about your business, meet back up here in an hour, okay?

With that, Vryala starts patrolling the more shadowy parts of the Marketplace.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

The day was new and Fiat had money in his pocket. He was glad to be a market again and have money to buy something other than liquor. Or so he thought.
He glanced at the prices and his eyes widened. These nobles and merchants were probably only rich from the gouging they were doing to their customers.
No new shiny sword for Fiat today, he would have to come back later or find a cheaper market.
Vryala mentioned splitting up, and she was going to leave and search the darker parts of the market. Fiat nodded and had an idea of his own.
How about I go back to the market entrance. If you guys flush her out and she tries to make an escape, I'll be there to stop her. Or if she has spotted us and tried to sneak off. Remember, Blackthorn said she was a good shot, so try to keep a bit of cover between you and her bolt if you see her. He then looked to the sun to get his sense of time before walking back the way he came. He realized that many of the nobles in the market had guards, rude guards at that. Fiat decided to act a little tougher and try to blend in.

Fiat will wait around the entrance of the market, keeping an eye out for any sort of disturbance, or Yvonne, while trying to keep a low profile, pretending to be looking for his "master"[/b]

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : Bzrk Excuse me, I must apologise for the behaviour of my moneybag, which has just sneezed.

IC :

Karonath could well remember her revulsion at meeting the old hag. It pleased her in several ways that it was actually going to be her very own task to destroy that woman. Dead or alive, he said. I know what I would rather.

So Karonath set to applying her riven mind to finding this thing. Maybe she's already gone from the city. Maybe she's got reasons to stay. Maybe she needs to stay for a bit and then go. If she's a good shot, then maybe she'll try to get herself a bow or some throwing weapons or whatever. This idea suited her well enough, because it meant she could stand around playing with knives and things until she either killed Yvonne or the group returned.

Karonath voiced her notion to the group. She left without any gear. I think she'll try to get herself some kind of ranged weapon to protect herself. I'm going to go and hang out by those weapon shops over there.

Karonath will scoot over there and tool about looking at weapons, hoping that Yvonne will plan to do the same. It has crossed her mind that Yvonne might recognise her, so she's going to look for some kind of hooded cloak first. Hopefully when the merchants try to gouge her money, she won't try to gouge out their brains.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Vryala makes her way towards the very edge of the Market and begins to circle the edge, pretending to look interested in the stalls as she goes, secretly keeping an eye on the crowds at all times. After fifteen minutes she has looped around the entire market and has not spotted Yvonne. She notices Fiat still by the entrance and, taking that as meaning he has not seen the woman either, she continues to move along.

Fiat makes his way to the edge of the Market where you came in and tries to blend in as a guard. He ignores the stares of passing nobles, trying his best to fit in, but for over fifteen minutes he has no sign of Yvonne coming back out. He considers moving around a bit or staying in place, but he has noticed the merchants at nearby stalls are occasionally looking at him suspiciously.

Thesbe moves into the middle of the crowd and waits around there, hoping by the off chance their target will move into sight. After fifteen minutes she has had no sight of either Yvonne of any of her companions and so considers moving around a little more.

Karonath tries to blend in and moves over to the weapon stands, looking for Yvonne by the ranged weapons. She does not spot her straight away and goes over to a stall selling cloaks instead. She looks the male merchant up and down and puts on her persuasive tone. Before long he has agreed to sell her a 250g shade cloak for 200g. It's not the best one on sale, but it's not the worst either. Karonath keeps an eye out for Yvonne whilst choosing to buy the cloak or not.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

No sign of Yvonne anywhere. Looks like the big lug didn't spot her either. Slightly frustrated, Vryala leaned against a wall in the shadows and peered into the crowd.

Blackthorn expects us to find her here... but staying would be a very odd choice for Yvonne to make indeed. Besides us, Tvar's forces will be on the lookout for her as well. So her first priority would have been to hide her visage... the kid was right; Yvonne -did- leave without gear!

Vryala seeks out cloak vendors, puts on her noble charms and asks around about 'the whereabouts of her raven-haired mother'.