Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Post by Silar, hand of khaine »

Tossing her coin onto the bar, snarling as she did it
Thats al, I got, now do you know a person called Ranor Tvar,

Ah well it was only 1 coin, but I hope he knows or wont lie, that'll be a waste

ooc: sorry for shortness but I cant really do much untill the reply.
Khaine's will be done
Thesbe (formerly of group 13, now in group 22, started again
ws:4
I:5
S:3
T:3
D:4
equipment: shade robes, short sword, repeater crossbow,
inventory: 200g, dagger, troll head
skills: basic stealth
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Seemingly oblivious to Karonaths' insult as apparently only interested in one thing, the Druchii behind the bar, Ferir, smiled as Thesbe threw a gold coin onto the table. He picked the coin up and ran a thumb along one edge of it, checking for the usual signs of a fake, and then pocketed it, obviously satisfied.
"Yeah, Ranor Tvar, I know the guy. Nobody around here is very keen of him, usually comes in here in one of his dark moods and brings the whole place down with him. Not seen him in a while now actually, perhaps a week or more, I guess he is busy. If that is the case, you will probably find him with his face buried in one of his merchant dealing books at his home. It's not far, just head out of here and turn left, follow the road and take the third left, and look for the large estate guarded by two feirce looking lions. They're not real, of course, just statues... Anyway, that's all I can say for 1 gold, now get out before this lot starts complaining."
With that Ferir turned away and continued polishing glasses behind the bar, checking his pocket with one hand to make sure the coin you had given him was still there. There is nothing else to do in the Inn, so you turn and leave.

OOC - the coin was all I needed to get things going again, don't forget to take it out of your signature. Also, can you please watch for obvious spelling mistakes (like "al;") in future.
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

The bartender got his coin, and seemed to instantly change moods and accepted the group. Fiat listened intently on what the man had to say, but was wary on the fact that little was given to him, and that this all could be a lie.
Fiat leaned over the bar and stared at the bartender intently, despite the druchii turning his back to them. Thank you for this information Fiat spoke with a dark tone in his voice. I trust that this is the mans residence, and that you have not lied to us. For we will be back shortly if you did... With that he got out of his chair. Turning to Karonath he spoke with a voice that most in the bar could hear. Come now little one, there will be no need to tap your blades here. The kind bartender had helped us greatly. I hope to see him again sometime.... With great stride Fiat headed for the door, paying no mind to those around him.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Karonath guessed Fiat's game. She thought it would be fun to help. Quieter but still plenty audibly, she said Yes, Master!, did a little curtsey as Fiat stepped past her, and then marched out after him with a most cheerful grin.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Vryala sighed. Handled with the subtlety of a Cold One. As Fiat and Karonath walked away, she winked at the bartender, Thanks for your patience, Ferir. before she turned and followed her group.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : Subtlety Schmuttletea! Kill em all and let Khaine sort em out.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Layne I thought it was your character who acted this way, I didn't realise it's how you are in real life too ;)
I'm moving things along since there's nothing left to do here.

IC -
The four of you move off from the pub in the indicated direction, trying to stay out of the way of yet more merchants and nobles going about their business. At one point you have to stop as armed guards prevent anyone crossing an intersecting road as a slaveline is driven across it. After it has passed, you continue moving, and at the third left turn you change roads as instructed. You make your way along the road for so long that you begin to have doubts it is the right direction. Perhaps Ferir was lying afterall, but to what end? You would be back to question him in a matter of moments and he had a tavern to run so he couldn't run away. Deciding to trust the stranger a little more, you push on for a few more minuets, then know you are in the right place.

Two huge statues guard the entrance to a large walled-off estate, two lions standing proudly over the surrounding streets. You look around the area, noticing it is awfully quiet, and remember what Ferir has said about Ranor being unpopular with the locals. Taking the bartenders word for it yet again, you step up to the tall onyx doors between the lion statues and strike the claw shaped knocker hanging there. A few seconds of silence pass, and then you hear the dull thunk of a lock being opened from the other side.

One of the tall doors swings inward slightly and a mean looking face appears from the darkness within. The Druchii, a tall female with dark hair and cold blue eyes, looks you up and down with an unimpressed sneer.
"What business has a Shade, a Khainite and two Warriors with the house of Tvar? Speak quickly and keep your tongue free of insults, there are crossbows watching you from every possible angle..."
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

When Fiat had turned to leave the bar, trying to give off a presence of intimidation, he almost stumbled when Karonath blurted out Yes Master and acted all cute.
Why do I always end up with women. In all my days I have always worked with women. I hope it's not just me who finds them difficult to work with and predict... He thought to himself as they left.

The streets had gotten more crowded, and what had seemed like a short walk was slowly dragging by, with obstacles and walls stopping them.

After what seemed like hours, they had arrived and the place the bartender had described. The cold, stone statues did not threaten Fiat, he simply ignored them, just wanting to reach the door and be done with this silly delivery boy job.
When an old, harsh woman opened the door, and sneered them up and down., Fiat stood quietly, and let her say her piece.
Fear not, we come bearing no insults, but a small gift. Fiat gathered the package from his belt and held it out. 'Tis a gift for the great merchant Tvar. An apology and peace offering from Varin Blackthorn, cousin of Morius, who we were told wronged the merchant Tvar. We know nothing more than to deliver this gift.

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : Sneered them up and down... beautiful expression. And yes, Layne is a Khainite, and when I do good [evil] Khaine is a Layneite. Karonath is the part I was born to play, baby... GOOOOOOOOD MORNING ULTHUAN!!!!!one. Zor. Sorry.

The old woman scared the teeth out of the little lady. She was a pretty creepy old thing alright - and she thought so as someone who knew the Death Hags, some of the creepiest old things in Naggaroth. She wasn't as dangerous, but she was most hostile. Karonath decided to stay quiet. The others, most likely Fiat or perhaps Vryala, would know better what to say - she felt pretty sure of that.

So she stood, now as ever rocking in her heels and smiling, and listened to Fiat's speech, and waited for the old woman to speak again.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Vryala was getting into the spirit of the assignment again. Ferir had seemed honest enough and she felt reassured upon seeing the impressive statues.

They were greeted in the unfriendly manner Vryala had expected, upon mention of the crossbowmen she couldn't help but grip her shield a little tighter, partially shielding small Karonath, who didn't have any protection against a ranged assault. What an ugly hag. This Elf seems richer than my late father was, surely he could afford a more comely hostess? She smiled in affirmation on Fiat's words. He has a smoother tongue than I made him out to have, especially for a common mercenary. Maybe he was just nervous back at Blackthorn's.

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - once again I am moving the game along. We are only waiting for one more player and it's another situation where nothing else can really be done except by me. I must say I am very impressed with the post quality thus far, and most of you seem to post back as soon as I post!

IC -

The hag at the door looked at Fiats' outstretched hand for a moment, as if considering weather or not to take the package, then frowned.
"I'm afraid my master is... missing. Nobody has seen him in over a week now, hence why we had to double the crossbow overwatch. I can not simply take this package and leave it for him, for you should know the messenger must be present when the package is opened. The house of Tvar does not take kindly to insults and threats. A peace offering from the Blackthorns is very suspicious, the feud between our houses has gone one for far too long.

Still, I doubt your journey is wasted. My masters' brother, Ignar Tvar, should be able to handle such an offering. Come with me and I shall lead you to him, though do not fall behind. This house is as dark as its' masters are, you know, the sort of place where if you tap on the wall someone taps back from the empty room beyond. Come, quickly now..."

The hag stepped back into the darkness and a moment later the door swung open fully, leading into a large dark room dimly lit by candlefire. Ranor Tvars' doorwoman is already receeding into the darkness ahead of you.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: Lingering schizophrenia, dear mod guy? :lol:

IC:

Vryala let the hag's words sink in for a moment. Missing, eh? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Blackthorn's doing, and he sent us here with this 'gift' to draw suspicion away from himself. Careful not to let the Hag disappear from sight, Vryala quickly followed her in, and knocked jokingly on the wall of the hallway.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Upon hearing that Tvar was missing, Fiat was worried that they would have to go on some wild harpie chase to find him again. He was just about ready to give up when the old hag mentioned someone else who might be able to take the package. Placing it on his belt again, Fiat followed the old woman into the house. Keeping his eyes on her, and away from anything that may want to be left unseen.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

So the guy wasn't even there. What could someone like Karonath think of that? She hadn't given a cold god damn about the guy before, and now it seemed she would be relieved of the obligation of ever doing so. And what a sweet relief it was, eh? Sweet and tender, yet very mild. Good luck to the guy, thought your nutty friend,I hope he didn't fall in a hole or the ocean or whatever.

Thinking no more of all that, she made up her mind to care not a smenk about the guy's brother either. Yes, and good luck to this one too, let's give him his little consolation prize and sod off. I hope he's not all teary. She followed the others down the hall. It was quite dark, yet she still tried to admire the furnishings and filigrees and what have you as she went.

It's no Temple, but it's a nice house, thought inscrutable she.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Silar, Hand of Khaine, is there any chance that you can post more often? I know the limit is three days and you usually are keeping within that limit, but the other players seem to have set a much faster rate of posting. The limit might be three days, but posting every day is a much better way to make the game work. I understand this may not be possible, but please understand why I move the game along in pace with the majority.

IC -

The four of you follow the doorwoman through the dark entrance hall of the Tvar household, the place already making you slightly paranoid. Vryala decides to mock the hag by knocking on the wall, and the four of you listen sharply for an answer. Strangely, you hear a deep echo in the room beyond and what seems like footsteps coming your way from the other side. The old Druchii woman snaps her head back around, glaring at each of you accusingly, then turns and continues walking. The look alone tells you to keep your hands to yourself from now on.

You follow her down one more corridor where she approaches a large oak door and knocks the wood three times. A moment later a voice beckons you in from the other side, and the hag opens the door and leads you into the next room. You find yourself in a huge study lined with shelves containing books, bottles and strange ornaments. There are many objects around the room, but the space is dominated by a huge wooden desk. Seated at the desk is a sorry-for-himself looking Druchii who you can only assume is Ignar Tvar. He is tall and dark haired, though very fair skinned, and you get the feeling his dark aura is a perminant thing. He stares at you curiously as you enter the room, then looks to the doorwoman.

"They come bearing a package for Ranor, I told them you may be able to handle it in his stead."
"And you thought it wise to bring four warriors before me so armed, stupid whelp? What have I told you about removing weapons and searching visitors, especially mercenaries such as these."
He rings a strange looking bell at his desk and four guards enter the room, two from a door hidden to your left and two in a similar fashion from the right. You are quite startled, the doors seemed to open from the very bookshelves themselves. The four armed guards stand silently on the edge of the room, looking as menacing as they can make themselves look.
"Now," continued Ignar, "What is this package you speak of? I am afraid my brother Ranor is not currently here to recieve this item, nobody has seen him in a week or more. Last time I saw him he was leaving here to go finish off some deal with some merchant Blackthorn or something, he didn't come back."

The merchants words fill you with a sudden sense of dread and you thank the gods that the old woman didn't mention it was a Blackthorn who sent you. Just what is going on, you think to yourself as you try to register Ignars' words. The old woman looks as if he is about to point out it was Varin who sent you, so Fiat moves quickly to take the chance from her. He places the package on Ignars' desk and steps back once more,
"This is a peace offering, or so we have been told, from the Blackthorn house. We are mearly messengers, working neither for or against any noble house in the city." he lies.

"A peace offering from the Blackthorns, you say? What is the meaning of this..." Ignar reaches forwards and takes the package, sizing it up in his hands and then looking suspiciously from parcel, to you four, to his guards, to the door.
"Shut the door, will you, my darling" the old woman obeyed at once, pulling the door shut behind you which only increased your sense of dread. You watch with anticipation and a slight sense of fear as Ignar begins to open the package. He unties the string around it with the quick-working and nimble fingers of a merchant lord, then pulls back the outer packaging. He pulls from within a small black box, like that which would contain an item of jewellery. He opens the box and stares blankly at it for a moment, his eyes wide and his jaw gaping...

As you watch, his face turns from one of shock, to one of utter rage.

The guards around the room seem to sense the change in their master rather than see it, and brandish their weapons readily. Ignar Tvar turns to you, his face filling with anger, and lets the small box drop to his desk. From it roll two small objects, which roll of the desk and across the floor towards you. It takes you a moment to realise what they are... eyeballs. You notice a slab of red meat still inside the open box, which can only be an elves tongue, and step back in shock.

Ignar screams at you in his rage, "You Blackthorn scum! How dare you walk into my house and deliver me the fresh remains of my brother! I will make you pay, all of you! You will not die here but suffer for weeks in my torture chambers! Guards, seize them!"
In an instant the room is filled with commotion. The four of you try to pull your weapons out in time to halt the onrushing guards, who move with blinding speed and aglility towards you. These are clearly well trained men. The old woman tries to dive for cover under the large desk just as Ignar draws a letter-opening knife and tries to lunge himself across the table towards you.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: *censored*.

IC:

Vryala's stomach nearly turned as she realized what the gift contained - not with disgust, but with sheer terror. I HATE being right! Her heart pounding in her throat as she saw the guards act upon their master's intent, she desperately tried to size up the situation. Crossbow - useless. Better get close early, then... So pressed, she opted to deal with the most direct threat at hand.

Vryala rushes Ignar head-on under cover from her shield, trying to overpower him by grappling (no dagger yet - she wants the guy to remain breathing).

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Ok... so Karonath knew a number of things about this particular awkward situation. She knew there was no way out. She knew she was no match for armed and ready soldiers. She knew that she really had nothing to do but try to live. She wanted to live. If she was to live, these here Elves would have to die. So somehow she would make that happen. Words she had heard in the Temple, words she never understood, no then or now, came through her mind, whirling around inside her soul and suddenly roaring out through her mouth. Her voice, naturally quiet and little cheeky, was suddenly loud and furious.

Khaela Mensha Khaine! Mensha Furdiekh!

Her meek, silent heart blazed into rage. Why am I so angry?, she asked herself, as she charged at the nearest soldier with both weapons in hand.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

One of the eyeballs rolled along the ground, and stopped looking straight up at him, accusing him with it's dead stare. Damn, I was so blind! He thought. He looked to Vyrala, wanting to apologize for not listening to her, but she was already on her heels, going straight for Ignar.
Those guards will stop her at the first chance they get! Trying to make up for distrusting Vyrala, Fiat grabs his shield faster than his sword, and moves to block the path between any guards and Vyrala.
They want us alive, they shouldn't be fighting with lethal force. Thank Khaine, I'm not sure if we could win if they were.

Fiat will move behind Vyrala and hold off any guards from attacking her. Fighting more defensively than trying to kill

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - I have spoken to other mods about the post rate of this group and each players input. Kefka, Layne and Raneth, you are posting very often and for that I must say well done. Silar, if you have issues with posting please contact me, if not consider this your first warning as you have not posted in the 3 day limit once again. Remember, I will injure and even kill off players who are not pulling their weight in the group. Sorry if I come across as harsh, but if everyone plays by the rules I am sure you will find me a good moderator to play alongside. I am not, however, fond of people letting down the others in their group.

Now, on a less serious but just as important note, I am going away over Christmas to my aunts for a week beginning before Christmas and ending boxing day. Posting while I am up there should not be a problem, but I have not checked their internet is working so be prepared for a week out at worst. Like I said, things should be fine though.

IC -

The room turns from a quiet meeting to a swirling melee in an instant, and there is no escape. The door has been shut behind you and the sidedoors in the study seem to have vanished as quickly as they appeared, clearly expertly disguised as book shelves. You waste no time in drawing up arms as the guards and Ignar attack, taking little notice of the woman diving for cover. Each of you is pulled into your own little fight which makes up the melee, each focusing on your own targets.

Vryala leaped forward to meet Ignar head on as he lunged across the table with his letterknife drawn. His orders may have been to take you captive but he seemed intent on disembowling any of you he could reach. Vryala slammed into the merchant with her shield up and no weapon drawn. They met above the desk with a loud clash and fell in a heap onto the desk. They rolled to and fro, Vryala trying to disarm the merchant as he tried to stab her, and rolled off the desk on the side where Ignars' chair rests, knocking it over. The two came apart in the roll, and Vryala comes to her feet standing a few feet from the merchant, on the other side of the desk to anyone else.

As the female warrior smashed into the merchant above the desk, Fiat moved to intercept any guards who rushed to help their master. He got in front of the desk and whipped his shield up, remaining unarmed in the hope his attackers would not be using deadly force. Instead, he was facing two of the guards. One had a short sword raised and was moving to his left, the other was coming at him from the right with his bare hands extended, as if ready to try and seize him. Fiat gripped onto his shield and prepared to meet his attackers in defence of Vryala.

Meanwhile, Karonath had screamed the name of her God and raised her daggers above her head in her usual fashion. She charged, screaming angrily, at one of the other guards, who was taken by suprise at the onslaught. The guard stepped backwards and tripped over the Druchii woman, who was still trying to duck under the desk. He slammed backwards against a bookshelf, sending books and bottles of strange liquids tumbling to the floor. Karonath leapt forward to attack him but he managed to raise a shield in time and knocked her back. She regained her footing a few meters in front of the guard, the Druchii woman sobbing at her ankles, and prepared to make another move.

As the others performed these actions, the fourth guard rounded on Thesbe. The shade seemed unable to move for a moment, frozen on the spot at the change in situation, and took a fist in the jaw for her troubles. She landed with a thud at the feet of the guard, who kicked her once in the ribs, sending her rolling across the room. As she came to in a low crouch, the unarmed guard was already moving forward to strike her again.
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Post by Silar, hand of khaine »

ooc: sorry guys, life's just been really hectic and I keep forgetting that I hadn't yet posted,

Arggh damn, I hate being wrong, as the Noble got very angry the guards began to draw closer, drawing any weapon they had.

One of the guards rounded on her, as he drew close she suddenly found herself unable to move. Pain shot through her lower jaw as the elf struck her, as she fell to the floor, before she could get up he kicked her several times in the ribs. The pain was immense as the blunt blows began to damage her ribcage as she tried to get up, or at least away from the guard.

Finally managing to roll away from her enemy, she drew her short sword, thinking of a method of attack, she waited for him to attack, and then slip under his guard and finish him with a stab to the chests

Thesbe will wait for the guard to attack before trying to duck under the blow and come up behind his arms, then stab him in the chest or gut

OOC - I can understand not posting without warning due to illness, or not posting due to holiday if I have been warned first. However, simply forgetting to post really is not good enough. I'll give you a chance over the coming week for your post rate & post quality to improve and for you to prove to me you want to be in this Group. If I come across harsh it's just that there are other members on the RPG waiting list who are willing to put the effort in.
Khaine's will be done
Thesbe (formerly of group 13, now in group 22, started again
ws:4
I:5
S:3
T:3
D:4
equipment: shade robes, short sword, repeater crossbow,
inventory: 200g, dagger, troll head
skills: basic stealth
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

She had surprised the guard, which was nice. He tripped backwards over the horrid old lady, who was trying to hide under the desk. He hit the bookshelves behind and made himself a mess. Karonath charged in, but the guard raised his shield and knocked her back. He was still unbalanced, and trapped against the wall, but still, he had a shield. How did you fight a guy with a shield? Your average street goon didn't have a shield, usually only a couple of daggers. Her sword was longer, and she was quicker, so they died. This fellow had speed and good gear.

As she watched and tried to think, a vision came to her. An enomous black figure wlaked into the room, through the wall it seemed. It was an enormous naked elf, carrying a huge flaming sword. It was just like that big statue. Looking directly at Karonath with unbearably bright and eager eyes, it pointed to the stumbling guard with the huge sword. It's lips moved, but no sound came, but the little elf understood.

This one, it said, bring him to me.

I don't know the way! she said, just moving her mouth, yet hearing the sound crashing through her mind.

Kill him. He will come to me. She supposed that meant the statue-vision would help her somehow. She charged on the gaurd again, her eyes becoming bright like the statue's fierce eyes.

Karonath is going to charge at the guard, and somehow or other, she means to hack him to bits. She'll try to come at him from the shield side, divest him of that bothersome implement, then strike before he can do anything about any of it. When she goes, she'll go jugular.

OOC - Firstly, its guard not gaurd, you made the same mistake 4 times. Don't worry about it, your posts are usually fine, just letting you know the mistake is there. Also, can you be a bit clearer with your actions so that I have something to work with. Where are you aiming your blows, for example, and what are you planning if your first attack fails. This way I can narrate the fight scene in a way you wanted it to go, rather than making too much stuff up about your characters actions. Also, please leave the colour text to the mod posts, if it's Khaina talking you can always use I+B brackets instead of colour. I have taken the colour out, I will check with Tarbo if I should allow use of red text.

Well Themistocles Testicles, I sure did. Better now?
Last edited by Layne on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The element of surprise was lost to her, yet Vryala had succeeded in cutting off Ignar from immediate assistance. Let's keep it that way. Enraged, she locked eyes with the merchant as he came to his feet, and drew her dagger. Words taught to her by her late father came flooding into Vryala's mind, and she smiled wickedly as she addressed the merchant: Do unto others as they seek to do unto you!

Vryala, now better armed, engages Ignar. She'll try and use her shield to deflect the letter knife and force him into the back wall, still further away from the guards. She'll use her dagger to try and disable Ignar's weapon hand (some permanent nerve damage would be nice).

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

The guards were quick. Fiat didn't even have time to draw his sword, and struggled with only using his shield. Mother of Night! I need my sword now! But there's no time! Thought Fiat to himself asone of the guards tried to grab him.
He thought quickly, no time to fumble for the sword with two guards coming at him. What was more dangerous? A grappler or a swordsman?

Taking his chances, Fiat went after the unarmed guard. Dodging away from the swordsman and bashing the other with his shield. If he could just knock the one guard back he might be able to draw his sword and defend himself better.

Fiat will try to push the unarmed guard away, and draw his sword if possible, then defend from any incoming attacks.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Ignar was quick to his feet, already standing with his letterknife raised as Vryala managed to roll to her feet. She quickly pulled out her own dagger and spat her fathers curse at the merchant, then attacked again. He came forward to meet her and slashed out with his knife, he was not very skilled but the blade was simple and fast. Vryala managed to pull her shield in the way of the blade in time to deflect it, so instead of opening up her cut it passed harmlessly by. She smashed her shield up at the merchant, knocking him under the chin and sending him backwards towards the wall of the room, away from his guards. He hit the wall with a thud and she slashed out for his wrist, trying to disarm him, but he somehow avoided the strike. He made to strike her in the shoulder with the knife but the blade glanced off her shield once more, the two were locked in a deadly standstill.

Fiat didnt have time to draw his sword as the two guards attacked him and so instead rounded on the unarmed guard. He stepped forward and slammed his shield forward, trying to knock his opponent away so he could draw his sword. Instead his opponent grabbed the edges of his shield to keep himself upright. Fiat was pulled forward by the weight on his shield and before he knew it the other guard was right behind him. The armed guard kicked him in the back of the knee and he found himself on his knees, face to face with the unarmed guard and with the armed guard standing over him. Things could get nasty, he realised, he had to move.

Thesbe rolled to her feet in front of her attacker, pulling her short sword from her scabbard as she did so. The guard mocked her as he ran forward intent on continuing to punish her in the name of his master. Instead, he was met head on as Thesbe launched her own attack. He made a swing for her shoulder but she ducked nimbly under the blow and brought her own blade up into her opponents gut. The blade bounced off the armour there but left a nasty dent, the guard fell back winded. As the guard tried to recover from the blow, Thesbe had time to kick him in the chest, knocking him onto his back at her feet. She stood over him for a moment, deciding on further action.

Karonath was shocked that the guard had managed to repel her first attack, even though he had tripped and knocked bottles everywhere. The opponent was clearly skilled and had judged her attack perfectly, managing to block her every move. Not wanting to let him recover from his fall, she drove home her next attack and leaped forwards. She landed blow after blow on the guard who had nowhere to turn to now, and instead he had to fiercly defend himself. She feinted down, forcing his own blade down into a parry, where she put a foot on his wrist to keep the blade there. In this brief moment the guard was open, and she lashed forward with one of her daggers, burying it in his neck. Blood splurted out from the wound in the opponents main artery, and he was dead within seconds. Karonath listed to the praises of Khaine for this glorious kill.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Fiat thrusted his shield forward, but was shocked when a pair of hands grabbed the edges of it. The weight made Fiat lose a little balance. Okay, fine, he's holding himself up. Maybe I can roll backwards and toss him at the other guy... The thought crossed his mind, but a sharp pain in his knee told him he was too slow.
He was on his knees, he hated bowing to others. This was not going well. Then the tattoo of the dark god on his leg burned lightly, giving him a nasty idea.

He brought his elbow back, ramming it into one guards groin, then using the momentum, brought his arm forward and punched the other guards crotch as well. They may have armour their, but it would give him time to roll away towards the other two who seemed to be having an easier time.

Fiat will attack the guards groins, hopefully stunning them, and then try to get up and run towards Thesbe or Karonath for help.

Fiat felt the presence of the armed guard looming over him and so thinking quickly he rammed his elbow back hard into the Druchiis' groin. The armour plating there stopped most of the force but even as Fiats' arm was shocked numb the elf behind him fell back moaning. Fiat used a similar procedure on the elf in front, slamming his fist into the second ones' groin and sending this one, who's armour must have been weaker, sprawling on the floor. Fiat got up and pulled his sword from his scabbard, noticing that the first guard was getting back up whilst the unarmed one was still rolling around clutching his privates. He risked a glance around and saw a fountain of blood spray from the neck of Karonaths' victim over by the bookshelves. Judging that this meant she was now available to help out, he dashed over to her. Time to turn the odds around on the now lone guard who was following him.