Group 22

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Karonath revelled for a bit in her little victory. THe blood sprayed over her and for a little bit the warmth was comforting. In a way. Then she turned to see how the others had fared. Vryala seemed to have the noble covered, and Fiat stood facing a standing gaurd. The other two were on the floor, and Thesbe was standing ready to strike. It seemed to her that Fiat was in the most difficulty, and was heading her way anyhow. With a glance and a grin for Fiat, she dropped her small dagger, snatched a broken bottle from the floor, threw it at the guard, and charged with a shout.

With one sword, Karonath charges the guard, intending to go for the kill, by slashing at his head.

Karonath turned away from her slain enemy, his blood still spraying over her and warming her bare skin. She took in the situation at hand, Vryala and Ignar were still grappling eachother and Thesbe had her opponent on the floor at last. Fiat had managed to stun one of his opponents and the other was chasing the warrior her way, so she picked up a broken bottle to intervene. She threw the bottle for her opponents head and then charged in behind it with her single sword raised for the kill. Fiat instintively moved to one side as both bottle and Karonath hurtled past. The bottle smashed into the guards chest plate and shattered some more, sending shards of glass up at his face. The guard flinched, slowed in his persuit and went to bring his hand to his face to guard it. In an instant his raised hand was severed at the wrist as Karonaths blade bit through it. In her haste she only clipped his neck, drawing a line of blood but nothing fatal there. She continued on past her opponent and then turned to face him once more in a ready position. Fiat and Karonath had the guard surrounded, and he was bleeding heavily from the stump of an arm.

OOC : Osome.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

A surge of confidence rose in Vryala. A quick sideward glance over the desk had revealed the group was holding up quite well against the guards. Furthermore, she had the merchant lord Tvar with his back against the wall, and intended to press the advantage. The one thing that concerned her a bit was how he had evaded her blows. You're quite skilled for a peddler, but you know as well as I do you won't last against me. Let's see you dodge this!

With that, Vryala yet again charges Ignar, as to smash the merchant between her raised shield and the wall at his back. She will now aim her blows as opportunities present themselves (growing less concerned with keeping him alive) whilst trying to keep her target pinned.

Vryala pressed home her attack, slamming her shield forward into Ignar Tvar with a force which knocked his back against the wall and sent him forward again. She met him on the return with another blow from her shield, this time to his shoulder, and lashing out with fist. The merchant rose his knife in a half-hearted attempt to stop either blow, but instead was knocked into the wall and punched in the cheek once more. The merchants head bounded off the wall and his fingers let the letterknife fall to the floor at his feet. Ignar stood there for a moment, dazed from his blow to the head, then dropped to the floor at Vryalas feet with a quiet mumble. Not a bad hit thought Vryala, turning to check no guards were approaching.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

Post by Silar, hand of khaine »

As she began to charge towards her enemy the guard began to mock her, before beginning his own charge. She allowed him to engage first, just as planned his attack was just slow enough for her to duck underneath the blow, before trying to run him through, however his armour stopped the blow, the ricocheted force knocked them both back, but winded her opponent, before he could react, she kicked him hard in exactly the same place her sword had struck, knocking him over and causing him to writhe in pain. Normally she'd say something clever but know was the time to just finish the elf, she readied her sword to finish the blow, whilst thinking of a plan of who next to attack.

If she manages to kill the guard, Thesbe will then got to assist Vryala with her fight against Ignar, she will still use the short sword rather than her crossbow in case she would hit her companions, if the guard she has on the floor manages to roll away or something, she will try and stab him before he can get up

Thesbe stood over the guard and although she began to think of a witty line to speak, she realised now was not the moment. Instead she drove her sword down at her opponents unguarded neck. The guard made to roll away but the shade traced his movement with great care and brought the blade into his throat for the final cut. She stepped over the twitching corpse of the guard and surveyed the room, seeing if Vryala or any others needed her help. Ignar was down on the floor with Vryala stood over him. Two of the guards were dead, Karonath and Fiat circled another who was badly wounded, and the final guard was just getting up from the floor behind Karonath. Thesbe quickly judged the latter to be the biggest threat to her companions now that Ignar was down, and so readied herself to attack.
Khaine's will be done
Thesbe (formerly of group 13, now in group 22, started again
ws:4
I:5
S:3
T:3
D:4
equipment: shade robes, short sword, repeater crossbow,
inventory: 200g, dagger, troll head
skills: basic stealth
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - So just to sum the situation up in case it's getting a bit hectic, this is what the room now looks like. Ignar is on the floor behind his desk, stunned from Vryalas' attack but he will be alright in a few moments time. Vryala is standing over him still. The other side of the desk the guard who was kicked in the groin is just getting up, Thesbe has noticed him and preparing to attack. Karonath and Fiat are either side of the final survivng guard who is already dying. The Druchii woman is still cowering by the desk but does not pose any threat.

I am sure you want to finish off these guards who are attacking you, but after that the decision is really yours. However, let us be clear that you are in a heavily guarded fortress-house and are making one hell of a commotion. Sticking around much longer probably isn't a good idea, and nor is slaying the merchant Tvar or you risk the City Guard being called after you. It's up to you what course of action you take, but I suggest departing from the house the way you came in as quickly as possible. Once outside the choice is yours again, but remember where you are, the nobles will not accept you at their markets and such here. I guess you all think Varin Blackthorn has some explaining to do, so heading back there would be a start.
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Tvar dropped his makeshift weapon. Got him! She lowered herself along with his slump form, and wasted no time. She grabbed the letter knife and impaled the merchant's weapon hand stuck to the floor. Shame on you for assaulting a lady, mongrel.

Vryala hadn't the time to consider the group's predicament before, now the group was in control of their foes seemed as good a time as any. Blackthorn couldn't have gotten much closer to an outright declaration of war with this peace offering, our hands need not be sullied with this merchant's blood. I wonder if he expects us back at all, he might just have us killed even if we make it back. Let's see if I can find some leverage. She jumped Tvar's still cowering hostess and dragged her up against the wall, dagger held against her throat. Speak, wench. Ranor Tvar's recent dealings with House Blackthorn - make it quick and clear.

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Vryala wasted no time in making sure Ignar Tvar could not recover and get up from his concussing blow, so she picked up his knife and pinned his hand to the floor with it. The merchants eyes rolled back in his head as the pain took over and he seemed to pass out again, giving Vryala time to see what else was going on. She realised only two guards now stood and were under control by her companions, and realised they had to leave as soon as possible to go question Blackthorn. Then again, would Varin really be expecting them to return? She needed some answers.

Almost as an answer to her problems, she noticed the doorwoman cowering by the desk, trying to look for a way around the fighting to the large door across the room. Oh no you dont... she thought, vaulting over the desk and producing a dagger at the womans throat, "Speak, wench. Ranor Tvar's recent dealings with House Blackthorn - make it quick and clear."
The woman stuttered, eyes flittering around the room as she looked for some way out of the situation. Then, realising there was none and ignoring the commotion still going on in the room, she looked fearfully into Vryalas eyes and began to speak.
"House Blackthorn... Well... It's been going on for years... The merchants of the Tvar family and the Blackthorns have a long family feud, it started generations ago over some stolen goods or something, a few people got killed and everything went out of hand. The city guard were called in, executions were made.... but that just made the families angrier at each other. The sons of the families do not let the memory of this die, they are constantly at war with one another.
It was only recently that Ranor came up with a plan to end the feud. I do not know the details, but it was a way of tricking the noble Blackthorns into submission. He went to carry out this plan and never returned, Ignar beleives someone in his house was a spy from the Blackthorn house and warned them of this plan. It would have to have been someone in high rank or they wouldn't have known the merchants plans. Anyway, we had feared things had gone wrong when Ranor had not returned, but kept our heads clear just in case.
Next thing I know you four walk in here and deliver us the remains of my lord in this peace offering. I doubt very much it will be peace that the Blackthorns finds now, Ignar is in ruins, he will no doubt launch a full seige of the Blackthorn estate. That's... That's all I know... please don't kill me..."

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

OOC: sorry for the short post, couldn't think of much else

IC:

Vryala scowled. A spy on the inside? Unless it was one of these unfortunate guards, that means our performance is likely being watched. Damn you, Blackthorn. She glared in disgust at the cowering wench, and pressed the blade a little harder. Kill you? Not yet, in any case. You are going to help us make it out of here with our lives, if you so value your own!

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : orright, since Kefka-ninja ain't taking it...

IC :

Karonath's bottle gave the guard enough to think about so that she could rush up and take a good swipe at him. She missed, though she still took his hand off... nice. Then she ran around behind him to take another shot. This time the guy would have no defence. She swung.

Karonath will knock the dude's head off with her sword.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Don't worry about short posts at this point, we just need to wrap things up in this room and move on. I hope your all enjoying the game so far.

IC -

Karonath was quick to correct her mistake, wasting no time in turning back on herself and finishing off the wounded guard before Fiat had time to strike him down. The guard was standing looking at his stump arm in disbeleif when her sword parted his head from his shoulders from behind. Fiat nodded his thanks to her for her assistance, but her blood was up from the killing and if she noticed she gave no sign. Instead, she turned around looking for someone else she could kill. Instead she found almost every guard was dead and heard Vryala ordering the doorwoman.

"Kill you? Not yet, in any case. You are going to help us make it out of here with our lives, if you so value your own!"
The doorwoman looked up at her and then glanced at the large doors,
"The only way I know out of this room is that way, those guards were as much a suprise to me as they must have been to you and your comrades. There are almost two hundred armed guards in this building, I'm guessing more than one has heard the noise here. If you want to get out alive, you need to go now. I can lead you there, just please, spare my life for I have helped you so."

With that the old woman moved past Karonaths latest victim as he slumped to the floor headless and approached the large door. She pulled it open and peered outside, looking left and right, then came back in.
"It's clear at the moment, I suggest we move out."
Vryala looked at Ignar and the surviving guard and then her comrades. Ignar was silenced enough for now, but someone would have to finish off that last guard if they were to make a quiet getaway.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Out of the corner of her eye, little K could see that Thesbe was intent on something behind her - must be the last one getting up. She whirled around, leading with the blade, aiming to murdicate anyone who might be standing behind her, with her arm out dead level at head height.

With any luck, Karonath's blind strike will nut the guard getting up behind her.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

post removed by Pyro.

OOC - you and me posted at the same time, and it seems Layne posted whilst you were typing your own reply. Follow on the events from my thread ahead - the fight is yours now anyway. Sorry for the confusion.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - no offence Layne, but I think it's fair that someone else gets a kill too! =)

IC -

Karonath swung out blindly behind her, sword level with the head height of an average elf, hoping to decapitate the guard
who was just getting up beneath Thesbe. The guard heard the whoosh of the blade through the air not a moment to soon, ducking back down and twisting around, the blade cutting a chunk of his long dark hair out. The guard was heavily built for an elf and a mad rage seemed to fill his eyes, clearly he was still angered from being kicked in the groin before. He got up and booted Karonath in the chest in one fluent motion, sending her sprawling past Fiat with a cry of pain to land on her back by the first guard she had killed.

"Intruders! Murderers! Sound the Alarm! shouted the guard as he turned to try and handle the deadly situation on his own. Thesbe was there, still approaching him, and he lashed out with the flat of his sword, batting her around the head and knocking her to the floor. He saw Vryala and the doorwoman by the door and ignored them. Instead he turned his attention on Fiat who was by Karonath.

"Your dead..." he muttered and rushed forward, sword up high and aiming for the warriors neck. Fiat managed to get his own sword up to parry the blow but the blade drove home, cutting a fine line across his cheek. Fiat growled in pain and pushed back, seperating the two warriors once more. They began to circle eachother like hungry wolves. Not knowing if anyone had heard the guards shout for the alarm to be raised, you all realise you need to move out. Now.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : Awwwwww razzberries. I figured that would happen, but it was in character I thought.

The shock of defeat hurt more than the kick or the wall. The shadowy vision laughed at her as it disappeared, and that hurt more than the shock. Her sudden rage was more than amply beaten out of her. She became again the nameless street urchin she had been for so long. She saw the slaughter she had made, and it sickened her. She burst into tears, laying herself down over the corpse of the first guard. She was helpless again, and the pain of it was too much.

OOC 2 : sorry buddy, but this one doesn't realize any need to get out just yet.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Karonath fell past Fiat, his mind occupied for a moment as he thought of the female druchii crashing into him. The moment was too long, as the last guards sword lashed out at him. acting as quickly as he could, Fiat tried to parry the blade, but was cut on the cheek. Grah! That better not scar! Was all he could blurt out as he distanced himself from the guard.
You don't have any more friends to help you, foolish one. Your master is down and out. That leaves you, me, and my three lady friends. But rest assured, you shall not suffer from their wrath, as mine shall get to you first! Before the taunt was finished, Fiat charged the remaining guard, bringing his sword in a downward arc from above his head.

Fiat will cut down with his sword, hoping the guard blocks it, then knee him in the groin again, and stab him while he is stunned :twisted:

Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Fiat spat out his curse as the blade bit into his cheek, then pushed the guard back and taunted his opponent as they circled like predators. Suddenly Fiat cut down with his sword, intending for the guard to block the blow. The guard instictively blocked the strike and Fiat brought his knee up in the guards groin, disabling him once more. The Druchii doubled over and snarled in pain, dropping his sword and clutching his already wounded nether regions. Fiat was already there, bringing his sword down through the guards exposed and weakly armoured back, plunging it into the Druchiis' heart.

Fiat stumbled away from the fight, weary from his sudden outburst of energy, and helped Karonath to her feet from where she lay. She looked shaken up, as if in disbeleif that she had failed to slay the third guard. He comforted her with a quick, "Hey, you killed more than anyone else" and then gave her a little shove towards the door. Vryala and the doorwoman were already there and Thesbe followed on the rear of the party as they moved out of the study and into the corridor beyond. The doorwoman looked around wearily and indicated to the left hand passage.

"That is the way we came in, but it runs through the main gates which is where the guards are found in heavier numbers. I can take you out a side door if we move quickly and quietly. Ignar may be pinned down but he is not deaf, he knows of my tretchary in the face of your blade now, he will kill me if he can. I am a coward, it is true, and for that I am as good as dead here. Come on, let's get out of here." She added almost as an afterthought, "My name is Yvonne by the way."

As a group of five you make your way along the right hand passageway, Yvonne in the lead and Thesbe guarding the rear. You move along dark corridors and duck into rooms on the side more than once as guards rush past. After just a few moments you hear shouts of alarm from the direction you had come, followed swiftly by the ringing of alarm bells. Yvonne leads you through a few more rooms and suddenly you find yourselves outside down the side of the house. You make haste along the inside of the outer wall, sticking to the shadows, until you reach a small iron door. Yvonne produces a small key and opens the door, and at once you flee into the Noble Quarter once again.

Half an hour later and you find yourselves back at the crossroad you had turned left at on your way to the Tvar estate. It is here that you part ways with Yvonne, giving her your thanks and then watching her leave into the crowds towards the Noble Market. You look around, trying to blend in and not look out of place, and see the first signs of Tvars' guards searching the city for you. You need to get out of this place.

OOC - Silar, Hand of Khaine, although you have been posting this week your post count is still considerably lower than that of the other members. The quality of your posts improved in the last post but I fear you can not post as often as the others. Is that the case, or can you manage a post every day? If your wondering why your character was first hit in the face and kicked in the ribs and then hit round the head with a sword blade, remember "I will injure or even kill players who are not pulling their weight in the group". This is just a reminder, characters can and will die in my group.
Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

ooc I'm sorry I didn't post, I've and still are rather ill so sorry if this post isn't that good

OOC - Like I said, that was just a reminder not a warning, so don't worry about it. You posted within 2 days this time, keep it up.

Knocked to the floor from the sword blow Thesbe almost lost consciousness, she dropped her blade and once she had gathered her thoughts she searched around for it. This really isn't my day up her blade, she sprang to her feet, only to find the fight was over.

Following behind the group, she drew her crossbow in case someone tried to ambush them.

After a woman called Yvonne helped them to escape they were once again outside in the noble quarter, and no surprise guards seemed to be already looking for them.

Looking for the right street to get back to their employer's home, she decided to try a street, sticking to the shadows cast by the houses.
Khaine's will be done
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The group let Yvonne walk. I'd rather just have offed her, she'd be collateral damage anyway. Then again, the first thing on Vryala's mind was steering well clear from Tvar's patrols.

Where to go? Into the unknown? Blackthorn and Tvar might well be too busy fighting each other from now on for either of them to worry about some rag tag band of mercenaries. But that would also mean I'd have nothing to show for all of these hardships. And I'd really, REALLY like to hear what Blackthorn has to say for himself.

Letting curiosity get the better of fear, Vryala decided so, and took the way back to her employer's estate.

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

OOC: Don't worry, I wont fight every opponent like that, I was just having a bit of Dark Humor.

IC: They had made it out of the estate and into the noble quarter with no resistance. Remarkable, he was sure that Yvonne would betray them, he was so used to it today.
He thought for a moment, where to go...
Blackthorn surely did not expect them back, and if they did show up, it would go two ways:
He would be surprised at their abilities and hire them full on, or he would be surprised that they were alive and kill them.
The second option being more likely, Fiat almost wanted to go back to the bar. But Blackthorn was his first real lead towards Fiats former life.
He watched Vryala head back towards Blackthorns estate, and without words, Fiat followed.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Well congratulations on your first fight scene, some of you made some kills but you all did your part so job well done. How are you currently finding the group and story? Do you all feel I am treating you fairly, would you do anything differently, is there anything you do not yet understand? If you could just post a brief out of context reply to this I can use it to improve the group if it is necessary for me to do so. Layne, I am assuming you would follow the others too as there is nothing else to do. But as always, the show must go on, I hope you like reading long mod posts…

IC -

After you part ways with the now unemployed doorwoman from the Tvar household, Yvonne, you stand at the crossroads and decide on further action. Almost at once you notice armed guards coming quickly up the left hand path towards you, though luckily they appear to be none the wiser that you are there. Thinking quickly the four of you move off to the East heading back to the Blackthorn estate. Having remembered the route perfectly, you are back at Varin Blackthorns house in just half an hour. You approach the main gate and knock the dragon shaped knocker there, then stand back and wait. The doors open and you enter to find yourselves once again surrounded by armed guards. The guard captain looks you up and down, doing well to keep his expression completely neutral.
”So, you’re back eh? Master Varin is waiting for you, hand over your weapons and come with me.”

You are disarmed and led once more into Varin Blackthorns feasting chamber. The old merchant is still seated at the head of his long table, with his hands linked below his chin. His eyes follow you as you come into the room, his expression is dark and unreadable. Part of you think he is unsure why you are still alive, though you also get the feeling he is pleased and simply keeping you guessing. Either way, you all feel slightly uneasy as he opens his arms in welcome and asks you to sit down in the same places as before. This time only the guard captain and two armed guards, one either side to Varin, are present in the room. You guess this is a clear show of power, for surely Varin knows you are angry at him, perhaps he is trying to prove something to you by removing most of his guards. Either that or he is pleased with your work and has begun to trust you more, the old Druchii gave nothing away.

”Welcome back friends… I must admit you are back sooner than I expected , but your lodgings are being prepared as we speak. I trust that your trip went well? That my package was delivered to Ignar Tvar?”
Varins’ smile seemed to mock you all and you felt your anger start to rise again. So it is true, Varin had known all along what the package contained and that Ignar would be the recipient. Your mind races with questions and you hold back strings of angry curses, remembering well that you are all completely unarmed. Varin seems to sense your annoyance and chuckles to himself again before continuing,
”I take it you have some questions that you feel need answering, but first I must tell you this. I did not intend to send you to your deaths if that is how you feel, I knew exactly what I was doing from the start. What better way was there to test the mettle of my newest mercenaries and deliver my peace offering at the same time? Yes that is right, peace offering. This feud with the Tvar family has gone on for far too long and the package you just delivered should bring it to an end…

We caught Ranor Tvar scheming against us thanks to an agent in the Tvar house. Did you know he meant to have me murdered, the ignorant fool. But no, instead it is he who has been beaten. I suspect Ignar will throw some sort of fit of rage now, but once that dies down I doubt he will bother me again. Ranor was always the headstrong one, Ignar liked to take a back seat in things. Silently hating, some would say, but never acting. Now that I have taken care of Ranor, he should give up his families petty attempts at getting back at mine. Anyway, enough boring details, let us drink to your return, eh?”

With that Varin claps his hand and orders his slave to bring drinks to the table. As you wait, Varin looks at the four of you in his usual manor, as if trying to read the thoughts from behind your eyes. He sighs deeply, clearly understanding that you are not fully content with his explanation,
”You all have questions for me, do not try to hide it. Come, I have spoken my part, now you may speak yours.”

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

As Blackthorn sat there, gloating over his well executed little plan, thoughts of bloody murder coursed through Vryala's mind, and she quickly glanced at Karonath to make sure she didn't break loose in her own rage.

Out of necessity, she composed herself, drawing on her sense of noble dignity to remain calm while Varin talked, and during her reply.

As a matter of fact we know about your spy, Sir Blackthorn, and we were also told of Ranor Tvar's intentions. To me, it seems his scheme and your own are not so different. I believe the death of his brother, and the insolence with which he perceives you to have handled this situation, sent Ignar Tvar over the edge. His thugs ventured far in search of us, a clear indication of his brazen approach, and the look he had in his eyes when I confronted him was unmistakable. Your efforts may have only made things worse.

Vryala smiled.

As for your spy... I'm afraid she's out of a job.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Karonath had a question or two, but she was unsure how to put her feelings into words. Unsure, more than anything, of how she felt. She had thought Blackthorn a great personage, but that morning in the house of Tvar she had met something much greater. What was the apparition? It had taunted, tantalised and terrified her. It was like a pure will of evil and murder.

And Blackthorn's brash gamesmanship had led her to it. She was not sure if she despised or praised the noble for that. Compared to the - what ever it is - this noble was no one at all, and his power games were ridiculous and futile. All the gangsters, hoods, soldiers and nobles in Naggaroth were as nothing next to what she had seen. Would she keep working for them? Would it lead her to the murderous ghost again? Did she want that? She had sworn the noble an oath. But if that horrible spirit of death were to command, her terror and love of the ghost would cast all that aside.

Love? Had she really thought of love? She had never thought that before. But she hated the ghost too, for what it had made her do. She yearned for its praise, yet remembered the pain of its laughter. It, he, he was so beautiful. He spoke to me!.

None of what passed in her fragile mind was shown to the others. She stared into the table, not listening to Blackthorn at all, though she knew he was speaking. His voice seemed weak now, and harsh. Like a little toad, only so much croaking.

K isn't going to try to bite Blackthorn's head off or anything. She pretty much couldn't be bothered with the dude anymore, but she will go along with the group for something to do.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Silar, hand of khaine
Dark Rider

As she headed back to the Blackthorn estate, Thesbe tried to move as fast as she could without compromising her ability to stay hidden. Despite this she managed to keep a steady pace.

Why am I going back anyway, He might just kill us himself to avoid paying us any money, even if it is a small amount for him, hopefully the blood pact will work both ways, though it's not like anyone would care about breaking oaths made with sell swords

Finally arriving at the Noble's home, she had to relinquish her crossbow and sword again, without her weapons she felt incomplete and vulnerable.

As they entered the feasting hall where Varin was sitting, with two guards nearby. As he spoke about all his big plan, and trying to end feuds Thesbe began to think about how much all these nobles must love the sound of their annoying voices, Well I guess that how these city dwellers must pass their time

Thesbe has decide not to ask anything yet, but will wait in case something of interest comes up
Khaine's will be done
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

In response to Varins' blunt response, Vryala spoke her part. A long silence followed straight after, Varin looking around the group to see if anyone esle had something to say. Karonath seemed like she was too angry to care about his explanation, but would not act upon her anger. Thesbe on the other hand seemed content with his explanation, and Fiat didn't speak. Varin decided to break the silence by replying to Vryala.
"I take it you met up with Yvonne then, eh? She is out of the job you say, I take it that means she was discovered? A shame, she was a valuable asset. In fact, she knows a lot of my families secrets. Too much, one might say. Have you any idea what happened to her after you left the Tvar estate?
At any rate, unless Fiat here has something more to add, I think it is time I paid you and showed you to your rooms. I may have another task for you tomorrow. Don't fret, no more nasty suprises..."

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Kefka »

Fiat remained silent. There were many things going through his head, anger and hate, but he still needed Blackthorn to help with his own personal goals. He listened quietly, afraid that if he started talking that he would burst into rage or say something he shouldn't.
Vyrala was blunt and to the point, thankfully mentioning everything he wanted to mention as well. Then they started to get ready to go.
There better not be anymore nasty surprises. How you would keep guards and mercenaries you can trust when they can't trust you is beyond me. But keep in mind, "sir" Blackthorn, that we are not playthings for your disposal. Be direct and honest about what you want us to do and keep your end of the bargain, and there shall be no quarrel between us.
Now I have had enough bloodspilling and deceit for one day, I say it's time to go to fill my purse and my bed.

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

OOC : K is still deep in thought, so I got little to add to this. I'm for bed, here and IRL. Gnite humpz.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.