Group 22

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC: Aye. Sad to hear your news, no rush of course, hey we are all busy/have stuff going on.

IC: So they sailed on. They left the city behind, now they went out into deep water. In the drinking dens, and pits Phalx spent most of his time in, he'd only half listened to the stories of sea. He'd heard those of the great terrible beast who lived here. One who held to no one power or cause. Whose only care was to rise from their black depth to feast upon unwary seafarers. Gods he wanted a drink.

He felt clearer, more alert, but stuck on this collection of wooden planks, that was not one of his greatest concerns. He kept his eyes on the swaying horizon. The Shade still enjoyed the crows nest, and the peace that it offered. He knew their plans though. Most of the crew would not see this voyage through. Phalx wasn't concerned. A chance to wet his blades on these Sea Rats would at least keep his mind off the dark wet graveyard they sailed over?

Phalx is ready for combat. He'll go along with the others plan, using his high vantage as necessary.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I wish I could post but I still don't know if we have the option of going into port or not.

Also I will be AFK for a couple of days.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

The boredom of sea voyage only spurred V on to intensify her training. Some of the Corsairs watched her while working out, seemingly oblivious to the fact that they themselves were the targets she'd been preparing to dispatch. She wasn't bothered by skipping Karond Kar altogether - she watched impassively as some Harpies assailed a ship in the distance, carrying a slave or Corsair upward with them to devour in mid-air. A wry smile passed her lips as she was reminded of Yori, and wondered how he was doing in the afterlife.

Still training, still waiting on a chance to gut those sea dogs
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

((OOC: My sympathies, it's a tough thing to go through. Sorry for your loss. Look after yourself))

Casaythe watched as the rock and the city that clung to it drew ever closer. Like a gnarled claw, the Tower of Karond Kar rose into the sky. It was an impressive sight, as was the view of dozens of Druchii ships sailing to and from the city of Slaves.

Caroac seemed content enough, and the newly found crew were just getting on with their tasks. The mercenaries of Vikarh that he and his pilot were now thrown in with seemed as antisocial as ever, so he kept himself to himself, strolling along the deck, making his own quiet observations.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - I'm afraid I have some bad news guys... I've had to make a decision with this going the way it has been lately, with slow progress and some members absent for long periods of time, and me finding myself just too busy to include this in my day to day routine anymore. Four years has been an incredible run, the fact that some of you have been part of it right from the start shows that it is your accomplishment as much as my own, but I really don't think I can continue it now.

A lot is changing for me this year, having moved out at the end of 2012 and with a baby coming in June, all my other involvement with Warhammer has already stopped so this was unfortunately destined to follow at some point. I've tried to keep it up for the last few months because you guys have earned that, it's the least I could do, but there comes a point when letting it rest will be better than trying to drag it along behind me. We've accomplished so much up until here, why let it slip now with rushed mod posts and half hearted story ideas. Quit while you're winning and all that.

It's going to be a long time before another group even comes close to doing what we have done, and that is something I am very proud of so thankyou to you all for being a part of this great success.

From here, I don't mind what happens with the group next. I can lock the thread, leave it at that, and you then have the choice to put your characters back in the pool to look for another group if you like. Alternatively, this wouldn't normally happen but I can hand the GM position over to one of our longstanding members (Raneth, Layne or Dauricha) or possibly Drainial with him now being the RPG Overlord, to take over and run it from here, in a separate thread but following the story on from where I leave it now. (called "Group 22 b" or something). Let me know if anyone wants to take up the mantle and run the group from here on out.

One thing I will tell you though since you may be wondering, is what the whole deal was with the tablet and the story I had set out for this chapter. Well, read no further if I'm wrong and you do not....

The tablet is an old Lizardmen artefact, one of the powerful prophecies of the Old Ones in fact. The engravings on it are the language of ancient Lustria, and the will of a Slann Mage Priest has been guiding you since you discovered it. Tvar had it shrouded within her library but the moment you broke the wards the Slann had you in it's sights. Ever stop to wonder why Blackthorn was suddenly busy with the council, so busy as to be distracted and less mindful of his orders. Curious too that he would ask you to sail all the way out of Naggaroth with his newly found artefact, despite the fact his reasons were legitimate and understandable enough to be true. Funny also that your journey was so easy and so fast, as if willed along by some great power (all makes sense now doesn't it!) without being stopped or even slowed down.

The tablet was not destined for Blackthorns' little island however, and nor was the ship going to make its way north on the slave raid and treasure hunt the other Corsairs' believed. A few posts away from now a terrible storm would appear from nowhere, and it would seem only Caraoc and Casaythes great sailing skills would keep them seemingly on course. During the night however, the storm intensified and hurled the ship about until it started to break, the sails ripping free before the masts were snapped and the deck torn asunder. Two of Kariths' men were hurled into the ocean during the nightmare ride aboard the ship. Clutching railings, the mast stump, each other or anything else they could grasp, the mercenaries had to hold on for dear life as the ship was pulled apart by the storm around them. The only thing Vryala clutched tighter than the railings was the tablet, unwilling to let go and be shamed in Blackthorns eyes after more than four years of perfect service.

When they hit the water, the cold knocked them out almost immediately, and the black depths of the bottomless ocean rose up to meet them, casting all light from the world and numbing them to their very core. And yet, all was not lost... the first sense to return was touch, the feeling of a warm sun burning their pale flesh where they lay, slowly reminding them that they were indeed alive and were sprawled on their backs. Hearing came next, the unfamiliar sounds of cawing birds, animals and chittering insects, a hub of life sounds that almost became a constant drone it was so intense. Closer to them was the buzzing of flies, and they then remembered the feeling of insects landing on and crawling across skin. The feeling of being swarmed by tropical bugs brought them back around, almost simultaneously, and each member of the group slowly blinked away the dark spots that still clouded their vision. Some spewed up great amounts of water, while others instantly looked about for their things, realising they wore only shreds of tattered clothing and had little to no equipment on their person.

They began to regroup whilst wondering the beach, if it could be called such a thing, for the huge jungle trees leaned over them from just a few yards away, leaving them on a thin sliver of golden sand. There was a dead body, and then another... fortunately for them it was Kariths men and not their own. Karith himself was still alive, they found him half conscious under a huge plank of wood which had once been part of the ship. The whole beach was littered with it, splinters of ship and randomly strewn equipment. As they pulled Phalx from the remains of the crows nest, they realised that only Vryala was missing. They had sustained minor wounds, and they found their leader a short way down the beach, still cradling the robed package that they knew contained the tablet. As they drew near, they realised the corner of the golden artefact was on show, and Karith saw it before any of them could react.

The next scene would be the explanations to Karith and initial searches of the beach and surrounding area, mainly trying to find their belongings once again. From there, the group would put their relatively simple knowledge of Lustria into action, heading north in the direction of Naggaroth without going too deep into the jungle, and trying not to step on anything, touch anything, eat anything or otherwise get poisoned or maimed by a plant or animal in any way, shape or form. This journey would not go unnoticed however, as a search party of Saurus are already out looking for them, picking up their trail at the crash site only a day after they move on. Skinks are encountered first, and before long the group are fighting for their life and to stop the tablet falling back into the hands of the Slann. If the Lizardmen could read the prophecy upon the tablet, the instructions could have dire consequences of all of Druchii kind, for if so instructed the Slann would wipe out an entire race or nation to see the will of their Gods fulfilled.

In the end, the tablet would be lost again to both the group and the Slann, and the chapter I planned to end as the group finally made their way north out of the jungle... and straight into Arnheim.

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<Conclusion post>

After the storm, the desperate group found themselves scattered on a beach.

The storm had taken away every bit of energy from Caraoc.
It had come to a surprise, when the astromancer thought he could forecast all weather events.
It had proven impossible to channelize, when the master of Azyr thought he had the gift to tame the mightiest storms.
The ship was impossible to steer, it had been torn to wreck, when it was the pilot's responsibility to maintain the integrity of the hull, if not the steady course.
They were lost, in an unknown, presumably hostile country. And that was Caraoc's fault.

A failure. This journey had been Caraoc's greatest failure.
Caraoc felt the guilt and the shame, he felt the angry stare from the other members of the group.
"What kind of pilot are you? Are you a sailor at all?" were they thinking obviously.

But Caraoc was a Druchii. He was a corsair. His own fate was him to grab and to shape at his will.
Like him or not, the other mercenaries had to take him as he was.

The scald rose on his feet, tapped away the sand from his torn clothes, and looked deeply at the skies now become friendly.
He started to sing defiantly.

"Yesterday I tried; must have been to see the other side.
I can understand how you’d be so confused, I don’t envy you.
I’m a little bit of everything,
All rolled into one,

I’m a tramp, I’m a lover, I’m a pilot, I’m a sailor,
I’m a sinner, I’m a drunk, I do not feel ashamed,
I’m your fool, I’m your thing, I’m joking for the win,
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way.

So take me as I am. This may mean you’ll have to be a patient man.
Just don’t shoot me, when I start to make you nervous, and I’m going to extremes.
Tomorrow I will change and today won’t mean a thing,

I’m a scald, I’m a singer, I’m a poet, I’m a piper,
I’m a warrior, I’m a shooter, I’m a corsair, I’m a looter,
I’m your hell, I’m your dream, I’m nothing in between
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way."

<scratching and knocking and whistling his horn in rhythm>

"Just when you think you got me, figure out the season’s already changing.
I think it’s cool, you do what you do, and don’t try to sing this,

I’m a tramp, I’m a lover, I’m a pilot, I’m a sailor,
I’m a sinner, I’m a drunk, I do not feel ashamed
I’m your fool, I’m your thing, I’m joking for the win
You know, you wouldn’t want it any other way.
I’m a scald, I’m a singer, I’m a poet, I’m a piper,
I’m a warrior, I’m a shooter, I’m a corsair, I’m a looter,
I've been numb, I revived, Can't say I'm not alive,
You know, I wouldn't want it any other way."

Scratching and knocking and whistling his horn in rhythm.

OOC: Alanis Morissette – I’m a b-tch I’m a lover
Lyrics: http://www.lyrics007.com/Alanis%20Moris ... yrics.html
soundtrack : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAjNVKtQHAY

OOC: The tale comes to an end, but the spirit refuses to die! :D
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

"Oh would you shut up!" Phalx groaned at Caraoc. By the bloody darkness of it all! Storms, sea, Gods he needed a drink! His mouth was dry with salt, his haven of the crows nest had nearly killed him. But here they all were. Phalx was no cartographer, but the only jungle he had ever heard of were Lustria. Dark dark tales came from that place. Bugger.

They were all here though. Karonath and Vryala, both hard crazy bitches who had fought well besides him.

These new bloods as well, Phalx wouldn't be surprised if they had intentionally caused this mess.

He took off his cloak, hanging it to dry. He began to search through the wreckage. "North it is then. Lets gather what we can, and start off. If this place is what I think it is, we have no real chance of making it back." A few crossbow bolts. Deathspitter would need these. The jungles would be full of good poisons, worth a good few gold as well.

"However." He continued as he came back to the others. "I thought the same in the far north, with the zombies, assassins, skaven, and death that has followed us at every turn." The lack of drink was actually aiding the wild Shade. His salt streaked hair was still in the wind.The ocean to his back, dark jungles before.

"So onward through death, and a drink for us all back at Blackthorns?"

OOC: AN THE BLOOD ARTWORK! AFTER 2 YEARS ISN'T FINISHED!!!! RAAAAHHHHH!!

It has been great fun. Kin, all the best with fatherhood.

Raneth, Its been a blast. Vryala still owes Phalx that one all deciding duel.

Layne, Phalx was always worried by K, what a hard ass biatch!!!

Everyone else, past and present who has joined in this mad ride. Thank you, we killed many many things, and drunk, and mounted statues, and faced death itself!

Phalx's tale doesn't end here. He is more then willing for further adventures.

All the best,

Tom.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 22

Post by Raneth »

It's a shame, but all things have to come to an end sometime, I guess.
Jase, you're a mad dog, I can only hope your kid takes after his mother. Thanks for taking us on this long and epic journey - you'll always be Varin to me.

Neil, I doubt I'll ever find a dude so in tune with his RP toon again. Gratz on playing the hell out of the craziest lawnmower known to the Warhammer world. K'n'V forever baby!
Tom, Phalx may be a alcoholist psychopath, but nevertheless Vryala's battle brother. Blades to the throat or sharing a fine draught, they always got each other's backs when the going got rough and I appreciate that.

All V's other friends were long lost in the turmoil of war. Despite that I'd still like to thank y'all for the effort put in on making this world come alive. I can only hope Caraoc hasn't sung his last!

RIP
Group 22
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior