Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:31 pm



Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
SAU XV: Pawn of the Dead 
Author Message
Dark Rider

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:22 pm
Posts: 125
Post 
"Now, you see, that is interesting, much more so than all the pointles declarations of innocence."

Zenobius sat down on a piece of rock, gesturing in Kinslayer's general direction.

"Despite being told by three people that a random selection is the only way to go, he still thinks we should just sit around for the day. Or, better yet, kill the only people suggesting productive ideas. Am I the only one here who finds this slightly suspicious? The only other possibility is that he isn't listening when we say 'only on the first day' and that there'll be more evidence tomorrow."

The older Druchii shrugged.

"It isn't enough to vote for yet, but it really is interesting. Anyway, I concur mostly with Sleek so far, although he missed a category - those who are trying to be helpful while actually hindering our progress. I'm holding onto my vote for now, but something to think about."

He turned his gaze onto Kilia.

"And, in my experience, Khaine only helps those who help themselves. No doubt he will be most pleased by your devotion, but you'd be better served thinking than praying, my dear, at least while we wait for the others to prove that they're still kicking."

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:32 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 527
Location: Wellington/Auckland New Zealand
Post 
"I also agree mostly with Sleeks method but again we are still relient on everyone speaking up before we can make a judgement call on this."

Looking over at Sleek with some disapproval,
"I dont think the fact that I am looking for an advantage in my life after this nightmare is over should put suspicion on my shoulders but at this time we have nothing else to go on except small things such as this so while I dont like it I understand it."

Turning to look at the others in the group, "What I dont like and dont understand however is why there are still some among us that have not spoken yet, its not that hard to open your mouth I think."

_________________
If I had a knife I would shoot you


Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
"Unless a daemon is gripping your tongue" said Kinslayer, rounding on one of those who had not spoken yet. A male, who he had no idea what he was called. He seemed reluctant to speak... perhaps afraid, perhaps just coldly calculating the exchange of the others.

"Fine... Fine... if random is the only way we can agree on, I guess that is where we should start. Of course, those more suspicious are always... options..."


Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:59 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Dunedin, NZ.
Post 
"It appears the first target will indeed be those who have not spoken if they do not indeed open their damned mouths."

Zardock, who had been listening in on the argument was again annoyed that his opinions had been overlooked for a mere argument between a beurocrat and a hunter... But they were right the primary concern is to vote...

"Kinslayer, just because you haven't been mentioned as under suspicion does not exempt you from it, a sleeping snake is still a snake no? We will decide who dies amongst us as soon as we have dealt with those silent imbeciles in the corner mark my words..."

Zardock turned back and walked away into a dark corner sick of the squabbling over petty matters that was occuring instead of action. As he brushed past the hunter he whispered loud enough for others to hear:

"Convenient that you are a hunter yes? one who will not be completely wise to the ways of our cities and of recent news that has occured, sounds like an excellent cover to me."

and with that Zardock was again a mere silouhette in the room the glint of the lanterns of his scitimar the only sign that he was indeed there, and the passion burning in his eyes, that he was still listening...

_________________
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.


Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:37 am
Profile
Shade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 116
Location: California, United States
Post 
"I am glad there is at least a general agreement to be proactive. I will follow my brother Sleek's example, and share thoughts openly."

"This is what I think we are looking for. This spirit is alone, in a group of strangers, doing it best to blend in. It has no-one to rely on. But the others know it is hiding amongst them, and they know they must be cutting of the infected limb in order for the body to survive. The spirit, however, has a different goal. It clearly wants not to be found. Not anymore."

"As there are different ways to go about and find the ghost, so there are different ways of staying hidden. It think it unlikely that it would stick out its neck, taking stands like Zenobius, like Kinslayer."

"No, the spirit's goals are opposite to ours, and so are his ways of getting there. He tries to befriend people, not saying anything, not taking stands which might turn against him. Sleek has already given us the list: Silas, Khel, Mel'Reyna, but also Deroth."

"Where the first three just hold still, Deroth actively does exactly that what I would expect the spirit to do."

"Due to lack of evidence, I fear this is semi-random voting, but I should put my actions where my words are."

Vote: Deroth


Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:41 am
Profile
Beastmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:53 am
Posts: 379
Location: Canada...the other Land of Chill!
Post 
Mel'Reyna had been silently leaning against a wall with her arms crossed, a black scarf wrapped around her head and a matching hood leaving not much more than her eyes visible. To anyone observant enough, it was obvious that she took care of her appearance, her makeup and long, curved eyelashes being clear giveaways. The rest of her body was mostly hidden beneath her relatively simple, yet clearly very luxurious and expensive black fur cloak.

Though she had yet to open her mouth to speak, her eyes and ears had remained as vigilant as always, taking in everything that was being said or done inside the room. However, realizing that some of the others were getting anxious, especially about those who had kept quiet thus far, she decided that it would be wise to step forward and join in on the discussion at that point.

Casually, the elf pushed herself away from the wall, taking a couple of steps forward while removing her scarf and hood, as well as allowing her cloak to slip off of her shoulders and fall to the ground. The practically skin tight leather suit that she'd been wearing underneath didn't leave an awful lot to the imagination, though it was rather practical for her purposes. Her skin was visibly very pale, enough that most humans would probably mistake her for a vampire should they lay their eyes on her, but in Naggaroth, her complexion was not that far of a stretch from the average. In stark contrast, her lips were coated in a dark, crimson red color, causing her to stand out a bit amongst the crowd of mostly warriors. Staight, jet black hair falling several inches past her shoulders with a fringe covering her forehead completed the look. Despite her appearance and lack of any visible weapons, she was definitely as much of a killer as anyone else in the room.

-"Settle down a bit people, the situation is bad enough without all of us at eachother's throats after only a few minutes. Since some of you seem so eager to know, my name is Mel'Reyna, and I'm here to watch over lady Salth under her father's orders.

As for our little...situation, and what I think about it, I'm leaning towards agreeing with Telrunya at this point, but the amount of information that we actually have is far too little for me to cast any kind of vote at this point.

Also, while collectively brainstorming is all well and nice, I think that you're mostly just tipping our enemy off, not only on how to avoid detection, but also on how to use that knowledge against us to point us towards the wrong targets.

I say that we should all keep our methods of choosing our votes to ourselves for now, and see who ends up receiving the most. Knowledge is power right now, so we want to keep this thing in the dark as much as possible, not sound off every warning bell that we can find."

_________________
Image

WS 4; S 2; D 4; T 3; I 5
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Unarmed Fighting
Equipment: 1 Short Sword and 1 Dagger
Gold: 100


Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:25 am
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am
Posts: 637
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.
Post 
Kinslayer,Sleek pinched the bridge of his nose, “The general idea of a semi-random vote would be to make an educated guess. Obviously, that guess will be made from the most suspicious group of people. The clearer the suspicion, the less random the vote will be.”

“But the idea of Mel'Reyna does merit some deeper thought,” Sleek considers, “We could hold our tongues and keep any information to ourselves, not explain why we place our votes and wait for more evidence to appear from thin air but we are working with something of a deadline here.”

“The best way of rooting out the suspect is to give the proverbial tree a good kick and see what comes falling out. If this had been a group of people embedding themselves among us, it would have been easier; the ones guilty today will still be tomorrow. The ones innocent will still be – alive or not is another matter. But in our case the whole scene changes every single day so what you believe today may not be correct tomorrow,” Sleek explains, “So, instead of everyone acting with their little window on the whole, we should compare notes, come to a decision and act. The more information we have, the less our little poltergeist has to hide behind.”

“So far, few have had the courage to make any real contributions. So be it but keep in mind this is not helping yourself nor any other innocent man or woman in this room.”

Sleek nodded to himself once, having said what he wanted to say.

_________________
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.


Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:03 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
"I wish too add something to the argument." said the soft spoken voice of Tempis. "The ones who have yet too speak, are they not prone to be exorcised as well? If so, I think we may be facing a few too many innocent deaths as it is. Although I have acquired a few suspicions about some of our companions here today, it is not yet enough for me to vote on their deaths. Unless more is revealed from our silent company, or more staggering evidence falls from one of our mouths,I shall keep my vote until a later time."

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:04 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am
Posts: 637
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.
Post 
“So...let me get this straight,” Sleek frowns, “You wish to contribute to our discussion and you do this by one: mentioning we shouldn't vote because there are people going to be taken our without our intervention anyway.
Two: mention you have a list of suspects but won't share them with anyone else.
And three: not acting on that same list or any other knowledge you claim to have gained either.”

“How is this in any way contributing to the discussion?”

“The choice is very simple: either we work together or we fall alone. And no amount of awesomeness by wielding sharp, pointy object or waving cloaks or other...aesthetically pleasing attributes-” Sleek glances at Mel'Reyna shortly “-will have any influence on the results. We need to use our brains and we need to put them together.”

_________________
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.


Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:44 pm
Profile
Modest Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Somewhere in Denmark
Post 
"Hrm. I for one, find my supsicions directed at Zenobius(LordAnubis). The very fact that he twisted Kinslayer's words. Kinslayer enver said that we should do nothing, merely that taking a random apporach is wrong. I think or dear old scribe here is trying surreptitiously to place some suspicion og poor Kinslayer."


Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:51 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:59 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Dunedin, NZ.
Post 
At that moment a voice spoke from the dark corner where Zardock was slouched up against the wall.

"I to think the Zenobius' actions seem a tad pushy, and like you said Belial he has twisted everything we throw at him to stop this random vote, like he needs it to happen in order to get us at each other throats."

_________________
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.


Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:26 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kinslayer listened to Belial speak and then nodded and said "Thankyou, somebody on the same wavelength of me. And twisting words is daemons work if you ask me..."

Vote: Zenobius(LordAnubis


Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:01 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:59 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Dunedin, NZ.
Post 
Zardock walked out of the shadows and raised his scitimar towards Zenobious,

"Let's get this twister of words out of the way whilst we can, at the very least it will simplify matters to a greater degree, but if my hunch is correct this scum is the Daemon-thing."


Vote: Zenobious (LordAnubis)

_________________
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.


Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:23 pm
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
Post 
"Not to be pedantic but I was under the impression that we were dealing with the soul of a necromancer here, not in fact a deamon in the traditional sense. Of course it means little for our purposes but lets call a spade a spade here."

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am
Posts: 637
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.
Post 
“My-my,” Sleek chuckles, “A play of words and one so poorly played at that.”

“May I point out that Zenobius (LordAnubis) didn't say that Kinslayer opposed action. He merely pointed out that our resident hunter failed to do anything constructive while hacking into the lone soul trying to drag the council into gear. Hardly a damning trait, I would believe. I too, had the impression Kinslayer was advocating inactivity; he did, after all fail to bring something to the table himself.”

“But aside this near-malicious claim of twisting one's words, I have a far more interesting observation to make,” Sleek smiles, “Aside Belial's weak effort to frame another, Zardock drew my attention. He agreed with Zenobius (LordAnubis) on the need of action and the voting. He did not see this fathomed ploy but does nonetheless stampede alongside Kinslayer to vote him off. An interesting, if puzzling approach if you ask me.”

“Concerning Belial's thin attack I have but one remark,” Sleek snides, “Don't attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance. The question is, however, can it be adequately explained?”

“Nevertheless, my short-list of suspects has changed somewhat in light of recent events,” Sleek informs the group, “I would once more ask that we put our thoughts together and come to a conclusion. My suspects are the following:

Deroth for trying to ingratiate himself with others and speaking without saying anything.
Zardock for switching on a moment's notice as if he had been laying in wait for an opportunity like this to strike at an unsuspecting passenby.
Belial for...twisting Zenobius' (LordAnubis) words.

Aside that, I have a few people I believe are innocent. Zenobius (LordAnubis) for sticking out his neck and risking what is happening this very moment. Shadow Dark for getting genuinely annoyed for people not speaking up and Kinslayer for taking a stance without being singled out to spark his intervention.”

“I will bide my time a little longer to hear the thoughts of others but I will vote soon. I would urge the others to consider their actions and not just stampede on a baseless accusation.”

_________________
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.


Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:40 pm
Profile
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:06 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Post 
Tarbo looked at the red emblem on the side of his belt, depicting waves of some kind—he wasn't entirely sure; he wasn't at home in the magic department and its symbolics. Mioralynthia had assured him it would help him stave off any possession attempts, and that was good enough a reason for him to wear it.

"Wow," Elyssa prattled on while Mioralynthia gave her a ring, "is this, like, a Chaos symbol or something?"

"No," Mioralynthia replied, only the faintest hint of suppressed irritation noticeable in her voice, "this is a ring that will negate most attempts on your magical or mental wellbeing."

Elyssa stared at the ring after putting it on her finger, trying to make sense of the symbols inscribed in it. "So, like, what's the symbology here?"

"Symbology?" Mioralynthia asked, and Tarbo felt the last vestiges of her amiability and patience towards the young woman brutally torn to shreds. "I believe the word you're looking for is symbolism: 'what is the symbolism here?' " She took a deep, calming breath, and retook her patience. "It will stop you from being possessed by an evil host."

"You mean this Daymare... Diemarn... Diesis—"

"Daynarii, yes."

"You can, like, pronounce that just like that."

"What can I say? I'm an expert in nameology."

"Is that a course in sorcery school?"

"Lynthia," Tarbo cut in before someone would be hurt, "why don't you make sure Anleth is similarly protected—she's sitting right there with them, after all—while I get a few men together and scout the surrounding area, check our location and bearings? We're here for the artifacts, after all."

Mioralynthia blew air out her nose for the longest time, then nodded. Some diversion from Elyssa would do her nerves—and, in the long run, Elyssa's physical integrity—veritable wonders.

°°°

Anleth generally ignored the jabs at her allegiance and rank. As captain of the Temple Guard, she was the head of the Temple's internal security and, while she was not in her immediate jurisdiction, she was still a member of the expedition's cadre. But the insults needlessly hurled in her direction could be done away as stress or, at the very least, be dealt with at a later time.

"I would urge everyone to remain focused on the matters at hand, and to cast your vote soon, if you are not to abstain. The situation—" She stopped mid-phrase when she heard someone approach, and kept her eyes on the new arrivee even after she recognised her as Mioralynthia. "The situation has remained stable, as far as we can tell, but I do not expect that to last."

The sorceress silently showed a small amulet to Anleth, then kneeled behind her, and pulled her hair back over her shoulders, and carefully tied the charm around her neck. Another thunder struck loudly above, and everything became silent for a moment. The interruption took only a few moments, but those few moments had once again made the expedition's predicament ominously clear.

°°°

Tarbo wrinkled his lips while kneeled on the floor. There was something... off about the corridor ahead of him. What few soldiers he had with him agreed: their senses told them there was something out of the ordinary, but they failed to tell them exactly what.

"Perhaps a trap?" one of them suggested.

He nodded. A trap would be a good reason for having this odd feeling about the corridor. After all, he had a knack for spotting out-of-place things, the subtle details. But he couldn't spot any obvious triggers, and not even well hidden ones.

"We could try lobbing something in, like a coin or rock, see whether anything is triggered."

"Mmrh... good call, but it won't find everything. Tripwire, sensitive cobwebs..." He shook his head, and finally shrugged. "Rock. Sounds good."

"Or a coin."

"We're on a budget here. Let's find a rock."

°°°

"Killia is correct," Anleth agreed. "We are not dealing with Chaos daemons. At least for the moment." Her eyes aimed up briefly. "Daynarii was a necromancer, and a master of his arts. Daemons do not enter into the equation.

"But speechless ones do." She kept her eyes on a silent figure near one of the sarcophaguses, and who suddenly started on his feet. Uneasily, he made his way to the center of the group and cleared his throat.

"I believe we should pick someone to be voted; however, we should be careful not to pick the wrong person. We should choose through majority, but we must not be led by the wrong people or by the wrong ideas, but must strike at our enemies and be careful not to strike at our friends. There must be action, but the action must not be rash or innocents will die, so we must think about what to do, but we must not think too long. However, we must find the culprit."

Dulled, glased eyes stared at the elf from every direction. An awkward silence fell, along with much of his self-esteem.

"And...?" Mioralynthia finally dared.

"...and I don't want to vote anyone until more evidence presents itself, and... And does anyone else hear a crackle?"

Anleth rolled her eyes to the door, then to Mioralynthia—no, she didn't hear anything either—and then back to the elf. "Are you feeling alright?"

Instantly, a fork of searingly pink lightning burst through the far door of the room, curving broadly through the air, and struck the middle elf squarely in the chest. The sudden explosion of light, energy, and sound threw the other elves back and to the floor, throwing their arms up to cover their eyes.

When the thunder subsided, arms were lowered and heads raised. Where first the hesitant elf had been standing, was now the sordid location of a particularly small pile of smouldering dust.

"Oh, screw this!" Another elf that had first been silent, too absorbed by his immediate surroundings, bolted into action. He burst out of the chamber at full speed, his legs swinging widely back and forth, barely landing on solid footing before leaping ahead again. As quickly as everyone realised the elf had fled, they came to a silent consensus: that was a dash for safety if ever they'd seen one.

°°°

"So the rock didn't find anything." Tarbo took a coin out of his pocket and held it up. "Heads, we go through; tails, we head back." With a shrill 'ping', he tossed it into the air.

"Out of my way, out of my way! Coming through!" As the elf darted past the small squad, Tarbo snatched for his coin, but it bounced off his fingers and onto the hasty elf's shoulder. Unabashed, he tore through the corridor at breakneck speed.

"Now that's commitment," one of the soldiers commented while staring at the shrinking figure. Instantly, the faces of his and his fellows winced. The same shrill sound echoed dustily through the corridor while Tarbo's coin rolled back to his feet.

"And that's a lot of arrows," the same soldier said.

"Did you see the spear? That was just—wham!—out of nowhere," his comrade added.

"I know! Right before that slab came out from the ceiling."

"Well, at least we know it's clear now," Tarbo noted while picking up his coin. "Let's go check it—" A sudden explosion flashed light onto the elves' faces and waved their gently. A profound, surprised silence followed.

"Boy, whoever built this corridor really hated people."

________________________

    Players
  1. Kefka
  2. SleekDD
  3. Kinslayer
  4. Demendred
  5. Zardock
  6. Deroth
  7. LordAnubis
  8. Drainial
  9. zzug
  10. Shadow Dark
  11. Telrunya
  12. Belial
  13. Mel'Reyna
With 13 players left, 7 constitute a majority. There is 1 infiltrator in the game.

    Deroth
  1. Telrunya
    LordAnubis (Zenobius)
  1. Kinslayer
  2. Zardock
    Deaths
  • 51la5 (Pure Soul) -- Day 1, inactivity
  • Khel (Priest) -- Day 1, excused

The activity deadline has passed. You are now in the second and last part of the Day. A majority vote will lead to an immediate exorcism.

Day ends on Saturday, around 21h00 GMT.

Votes listed are votes against a player and are listed in chronological order.

PS: Khel's computer fried and he'd have too much trouble to play (and follow) the game on short notice. It'll take a little while for him to be back online.

_________________
SAU XV: Pawn of the Dead | SAU XVII: The Frosty Dozen | SAU XIX: On the Brink of Madministration | Running fiction: House Arhakuyl


Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm
Profile
Shade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 116
Location: California, United States
Post 
Telrunya stood motionless in disbelief. He took a breath and moved his eyes around, the rest of his body still motionless.

"Is this really happening? Belial, are you really accusing Zenobius (LordAnubis) for twisting Kinslayer's words? Zardock, claiming you tried to stop a random vote? You said you were supporting it! And Kinslayer, are you really claiming that these two hit it straight on your wavelenght?"

Telrunya ran his right hand through his hair and continued.

"Truly, I don't know what is more unsettling, the fact that Belial is flinging around a baseless accusation or the fact that Zardock and Kinslayer jump on it without actually considering what is being said?"


Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:28 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kinslayer turned on Telrunya as soon as he had finished speaking, his voice now rising slightly,

"Listen, I am not familiar with daemons, or necromancers, or chaos or anything like that! I do not know how it works, and I have seen nothing to point me in one direction or another. But hunters... Hunters have keen instincts. Something tells me Zardock and Belial are right, so that's what I will run with. My vote stands - if you dont know, follow your nose! That's what we say in the woods. It's a damned better idea than random exorcisms at any rate.."


Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:38 pm
Profile
Assassin
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:49 am
Posts: 527
Location: Wellington/Auckland New Zealand
Post 
"Hunters are also masters of diguise and deception. As it stands I think that Zenobius is innocent and I think either Kinslayer of Zardock is the guilty one.

Personally I think it is Zardock as he jumped in quickly to seize an opportunity when it appeared to vote for someone.

Therfore my vote goes to him."

Vote: Zardock

_________________
If I had a knife I would shoot you


Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:59 am
Posts: 1004
Location: Dunedin, NZ.
Post 
"Hmmph Deroth if I were the necromancer I would not have acted as I did, just because I supported the random voting does not mean that Zenobius was above my suspicions, in fact this is semi-random I recall and as such evidence will amount to point in certain directions.

Though it may seem like my change in opinion is a betrayal in ideals in essence it is not. I still support the random vote but all along I wondered why a buerocrat would come on a treasure hunt, all along I looked to Zenobius and Kinslayer with suspicion but it was the action of trying to manipulate Kinslayer into an area of vulnerability that shifted my focus onto Zenobius.

As such that is were my vote lies and I will not back down. Though Belial has retained his vote I suspect he is waiting to draw out a conflict here and will see how the possessed really acts, it is a true tactic and I respect that."

Walking into the centre of the group, Zardock drops his weapons at the feet of Anleth.

"I have a vote towards me, as it stands members of this group suspect me, this is a mere token of my compliance to the rules of our little 'council' and though we all know the necromancer can indeed fry us all at a whim we shall see in the remainder of the day who of us shall die..."

Turning to face the group, Zardock scanned their faces, giving each of them a passive glance before stepping away from his weapons and sitting down on the ground to await the voting process.

_________________
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.


Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:28 am
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am
Posts: 637
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.
Post 
Sleek peeks from behind the sarcophagus he fell behind after the lightning had struck the unfortunate elf standing in the middle of the group. He skips his eyes to the others. He didn't just imagine a lightning bolt traversing corners, hallways and rooms just to hit that particular elf, did he? Apparently, someone up there dislikes clichés with a passion few can match.

Sleek thanks his lucky stars he's not wearing metal armour and eases back in his seat with big eyes staring at the smouldering heap of ashes.

“Well then,” he says while tugging on his armour, “It seems time is running out in more than one way. Ladies and gentlemen, the time for idle considerations is over. Now, we should come to a conclusion based on what we have seen, heard and said.”

“I have already laid out who I believed merit a closer look and seeing as I didn't hear anyone speaking up with a valable alternative of train of thought, I will stick to those three,” he explains.

“Let's first look at Belial. He claims Zenobius (Lord Anubis) twisted the words of Kinslayer. Seeing as our dear hunter did oppose the principle of directed semi-random voting and threatened to indeed vote off anyone who wished to prod the council into action in such a way, I too believe that Kinslayer was hindering progress. Doubly so because he ever so blatantly failed to put something constructive in its place.”

Zardock is another enigma to me. He supports the random voting process until Belial speaks up upon which he claims he was against it and tried to reason with Zenobius. And now he claims he is in favour again. Curious at the least.”

“And lastly, Deroth. This man has actively tried to ingratiate himself with others, Tempis (Kefka) and Zardock in particular in the beginning. Why is this suspicious you ask? Well, if you don't know who is who – and let's be honest, us normal folk don't – you will be very careful about who you're going to back lest you befriend the enemy. But if you are the enemy, you want to be as well-liked as possible, especially during the opening moves where the council's moves are fickle. You will want to remain liked throughout this endeavour because people who like you are prime targets for possession. They already like you so if they succumb to the necromancer's powers, not much will change for an outsider – they still like him. From that perspective, what Deroth is doing is looking a lot like headhunting already.”

“And that's not all. Recall the vote he just placed; it's put on a very alluring target. Zardock is a good choice considering his options. What other options?
Well, Zenobius (LordAnubis) is not the best choice. There are vocal members who feel he is innocent. Voting for Zenobius (LordAnubis) is going to attract more of that attention he's looking to avoid.
Telrunya is not a good option either. He already voted for Deroth so voting back might seem like he's panicking which will act like blood in the water to sharks.”

“Now Zardock is a different story. He has been inconsistent to say the least and was on the known list of suspects – of those councillors willing to speak up anyway. Even better, Zardock did vote Zenobius (LordAnubis) so it would go a long way to ingratiate himself with one of the more considerate and vocal councillors of our group. Remember what I said earlier about headhunting?”

“So, all things considered, I'm going to place my vote where I feel it is justified.”

Vote: Deroth

_________________
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.


Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 am
Profile
Shade
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 116
Location: California, United States
Post 
"Kinslayer, you concur with Belial when he says you did not advocate sitting still during the entire course of the day. You tell everyone to wait until suspects come up. But when I lay out my ideas and suspects, you shoot at me, snapping that it's not my place to point. And your alternative?" Telrunya bent over slightly to him, his eyes set on the hunter's. "Follow the nose. That's the best you've got. Your nose.

"Now, I'm going to assume you're just a little south of clued in, and still getting to grips with the situation. And I'm sure that, if you do your own thinking, and think it through, you'll see Zenobius did not twist your words, he overtly challenged your methods. If you're really looking for meaning-twisters, I suggest you take a long, hard look in the mirror."

Telrunya shook his head, and brushed his white hair out of his face with his right hand. He took a breath, and continued.

"But now, something had got to happen, and I ask everyone in this room to give one good reason not to vote for Deroth. One good reason, not involving any noses.

"Am I certain he is the possessed one? No, I am not. There are few things anyone can be certain about here. Look around you and point to three different persons you want to be associated with, three different persons who you would passionately defend, three different persons you would vouch for their innocence. I know I can't. Not at this point. Not now. And maybe never.

"But Deroth, he isn't looking for a spirit. He is looking for allies, for people to trust him and it makes him stand out like a sore thumb, a beacon of uncomfortableness, in a very different way than ours.

"Yes, Deroth, you stand out. Head and shoulders above my other suspects. It isn't solid proof, but nobody is expecting this now. My vote stands, and I urge everyone to make a decision.

"The time of procrastination has lasted for too long, now is the time for judgement."


Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:16 pm
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
Post 
Kilia stood and stretched, muscles cramped from kneeling for so long, prayer could do that, but is did give one time for thought.

"I have been thinking about what it is I would do if I were the disembodied soul of a necromancer possesing a random stranger amungst a host of people trying to kill me. Which needless to say is not what I normaly think about. None the less I think I would attempt to apear proactive and helpful, without attracting undue attention to myself by proposing very much that had not already been proposed. I would give my suport to another and try to look like a helpful member of the council.

"There is only one such I can think of at this moment. This is guess work just as much as everything else at this stage, but I find my self growing very suspitous of Zardock."

Vote Zardock

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:25 pm
Profile
Noble
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:08 pm
Posts: 455
Post 
After moving to a new position in the room with plenty of room to duck should any more lightning come visiting, Khadarel stood once more.

‘Our time for action is rapidly running out. If something is going to be done then it will have to be done quickly. We don’t have any serious information and lets be honest about that. So as far as I’m concerned this is voting at random. The most compelling argument I have heard so far is for Deroth. Therefore that is where my own vote will be placed.’

After another, speculative glance towards the door, Khadarel hunkered down again. But not so comfortably that he would be unable to dive out of the way quickly.

Vote: Deroth

_________________
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in


Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:46 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 7:33 am
Posts: 637
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.
Post 
“Hm...strange,” Sleek mutters but then he speaks up, “Captain Anleth mentioned that we are looking for a spirit, a ghost and not a demon. Both Kinslayer as Zardock spoke of demons. Now, it might be just me but one would assume that this spirit is aware of what it is and what it is doing, right?”

“If this is correct, then Zardock should be crossed off my earlier list of suspects, despite his peculiar behaviour.”

“Time is passing by, councillors, we should move into action now.”

_________________
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.


Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software