Group 28

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

not to be too overthought about it, but isn't it time for a modpost? everyone has posted, so I don't see why there isn't a modpost yet >.< I WANT TO CONTINUE!

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Working on it.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Lol, keep calm Carathyle. This group is fairly fast anyway.

Nice one on the Beastmen btw, and the spawn. Looking forward to that, havnt fought any big beasties with my character yet.

Oh yes, and i think Carathyle's character is missing from group 28's post in the group thread.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

It seems you were right, come to think of it my computer/ the site was being pretty glitchy when I put it on there. Anyway I have now rectified the situation.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Wow you're not holding back are you Drainial? First it was 30 Harpies, now a spawn, a herd of nasty beastmen, AND elves with crossbows.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I just read my last post back and just to clarify there are 6 gors total and 12 ungors total and they are split attacking the caravan from both sides of the road. Reading it I realised it may well have been interpreted as six from each side plus twelve from each side.

Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Ah, that'll make the fight easier. I thought it was the double numbers.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yes in retrospect it does read that way so I thought I would clear it up.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Sorry if I make the wrong impression with Carathyle, but I want him to have a bit of a Spartanic feel. Normally, spartan would rely on the well known shield wall yet in a case of being surrounded like now, they often go forth into battle, for death in battle is the greatest glory one could ever achieve, so there you got the reason why he's so brash.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I will stick with what has been written for now but for future reference I will tell you if you have been genuinely wounded, if I mention pain such as when you block a particularly heavy strike with a shield assume that you are fine but will likely have a hell of a bruise in the morning rather than any real injury.

Also on armour this is the way I see the progression (and thus how they are in G28). These refer to the level of protection and weight rather than design.

Leather armour: the kind that may be worn by shades, doesn't really restrict movement much more than regular clothes but it is also unlikely to completely stop any direct hit.

Light armour: The kind worn by Druchii warriors most usually consisting of a chain or scale mail hauberk, possibly with a light breastplate instead and also having protection for the legs and arms. Not bad protection but heavy strikes may still get through. Restricts movement a bit, you can still run and jump but don't plan on winning anything in an athletics competition.

Medium armour: In WFB this would probably be considered heavy armour, it is about the same level as Black guard or executioners wear and will usually consist of a combination of plate and chain. This will provide good protection particularly from swords, spears and arrows though heavy blunt strikes are still a major problem and it is hardly invincible.

Heavy armour: Plate through and through, probably articulated since you are Druchii. This is the kind of armour that COKs wear with a visored helmet, gorget, breastplate, vambraces ect. It provides excellent protection but does slow you down quite a lot, you can still move around in it and might be able to run a short distance at speed but fancy acrobatics become out of the question and even climbing becomes difficult.

What with the number of people with medium armour now I thought I would lay out the kind of level of armour I was envisaging. Obviously master crafting any of these will mean greater protection and less restriction.

Gentleman of Moderation
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

I'll be out of contact for the next two weeks. Moving to another island to find work. So Seijl is in Drainial's trust hands.

If you bastards let me die, there will many, many sacrifices to Khaine in reprisal.

Good luck :)
Group 28
Name - Seijl Illydrien Class- Shade
Character Stats
- WS 6 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Got it :) Save Naylia, keep Shades alive. *salutes*

... you do know there's an element of Drainial in whether that works, right? I have yet to find out where he lives or his favourite bribe so this may be harder than you think :p

Good luck with the move and the work! I know that's not always easy in these times and moving house is ... less fun than a lot of things, even some quite sharp ones.

I am mid moving house and will lose my Internet on Saturday, when I'll be in libraries and such when I can. I'm not in mid-ocean so I have it a little easier :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

we sure have an actively busy group irl. good luck with the moving and job hunting, be safe and hear from you soon!
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Drain, I think we all posted as far as we're possible. I posted, Meteor posted, Cananatra posted. Syjahel isn't able to post as far as I understand of this, same for Vaari.

Equipment:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Carathyle, with regards to your ongoing OOC convo with drainial about actions, it generally goes like this in RPG's here. You can only choose to do simple actions yourself. You can pick up a cup, sheath your weapons, itch your nose, ect. Any advanced action which fate might take a hand in, fighting, jumping, picking a lock, barging through some ungors, you can only ATTEMPT. Drainial then decides (or dices) to find out if you succeed.

For example in your modified post, you pushed through the ungors and got your spear. You've done similar things in other posts. That is too much control. You can only attempt to push your way though and get your spear. Drainial determines if you succeed.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sorry for the delay, I will get a post up tommorow for sure, and may my bottom turn blue if I lie.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

has it turned blue yet?

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

No because by tomorow I mean the whole day not the morning. Anyway it is up now.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

noticed, though it was confusing at first. I understand it now. "Damn it Carathyle! Couldn't you hit her?!" -quote from my book.

Equipment:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

*cough* Cheater Drainial :lol:

What, me? You can only cheat if you are inside the game. For mods it is merely a necessary plot devise (or funny) :evil: -Drainial
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

:lol: I find it funny that Carathyle missed her, just watch for my post, you'll see Carathyle being pissed off at her for what she did! :twisted:

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well you were throwing blind, besides now you have a hated enemy and thats allways fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I don't mind it you know :P It's nothing more then logic actually. Though Carathyle is a bastard if it comes to these kinds of things :P

Same in my story, there are 3 things you NEVER do with him:
1) Damage his armour
2) Defeat him in combat/break from combat with him(that's what he really HATES!)
3) dishoner his family name.

The sorceress has done:
1) Damaged his armour
2) broke away from combat with him
3) therefore dishonered his family name.

So... to put it blundly, she's fucked when they meet again :P

Equipment:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

just a quick question, If we defeat the chaos Spawn, can we use the horses as mounts to travel further? and syjahel, note that Naylia is gone, not the wagons :P

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

There are only two horses, one for each wagon since they are not large (the wagons that is). So you couldn't have a horse each but other than that I tend to try and apply logic and common sense to the RPG so if things are reasonable then they are usually allowed. Bear in mind that without ride fighting off a mount, particularly one without a saddle or bridle, will be a nightmare but I assume that most Druchii and certainly nobles are capable of at least sitting on a horse without falling off and making it go in the right general direction.

Gentleman of Moderation