Group 28

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Well it wouldn't work anyway since there's five of us and only two horses to share. If us Shades are travelling by ground to scout etc, the horses won't speed the party up.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Due to lies and fail from my new isp I have bought a mobile broadband dongle so will have some connection time at least until modem day :)

Carathyle, I barely had time for a two line post so no, I didn't put Naylia :p but you knew what I meant :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Sounds normal from isp haha.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Guys, sorry for that comment! I couldn't help myself but realise the resemblances. I myself ain't Japanese, though I do watch alot of Anime and in that... let's say there are ALOT of references to that hype in japan :P.

Again, sorry for bringing it up.

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Quite alright, I hadn't considered that when I was thinking up gribbily monsters or setting them on a pretty (not to say homicidal, arrogant and martial) girl.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

It's all right, I never thought I was being set up for dodgy tentacle monster scenarios!

a pretty (not to say homicidal, arrogant and martial) girl.

Homicidal, arrogant and martial? You'll make her blush :P
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You know come to think of it this is the second time I have attacked Syjahel with a tentacle monster. The floor monster almost ate her too back in the doc's lair. Perhaps I have a latent obsession :D
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Are you quite sure Tzeentch is the god for you Drainial??
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Ey guys, I'm so sorry, but I can't post upcoming weekend due to a archery match. Sorry.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

I was going to ask if us warriors should grab spare bolts for the shades, but then I realised 20 cartridges of 20 bolts is 400 bolts and if they manage to use that many without a refill we must have fought our way clean through the wastes to the empire.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I considered that but came to the conclusion that it would make a mockery of having a limit though as you pointed out everyone is starting out with quite a few bolts so it is unlikely to be a problem any time soon.

From an in game perspective think of it in terms of your characters not wanting the extra weight. For simplicities sake I am more or less ignoring it but you will be carrying a decent amount anyway, food, clothes, blankets (cold in Naggaroth at night) as well as your weapons and armour which are not exactly feathers. If you are desperate to do someone a good turn you can offer to carry a portion of someone's load but everyone is capped at 20.

For simplicities sake I will say that repeater and handbow bolts are interchangeable.

Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Well, I've wondered this IC and OOC for some time now, and it's time to speculate :D

Where is Nayia's mother?

Now I know that it's quite possible that she's died, this is the Land of Chill after all. But I reckon that there's a possibility that the person behind her continued abduction is no-one else but her Mum. There's never been any sign of her in Sultra's household, but Naylia is young, so if there isn't a Mrs. Sultra now, there was until recently.

Also, though Sultra is undoubtedly as devious, manipulative and scheming* as they come, he is also fond of his little girl, so I don't think he's putting her at such risk himself. It's crossed my mind, but I don't think so.

What do you guys think?

Wild speculation, thoughts, ideas? Maybe we will amuse Drainial - after all, he knows the answer :p

*why yes, Syjahel is quite impressed with Sultra. In some ways. Not ways that prohibit her wanting vengeance :p
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

First of all, I feel the need to say that, Carathyle carries a standard equipment of 2 swords(Had a quick photoshop session to make the hilt, along with the hilt of the steel one.) 1 has a 2 handed hilt which can be used as a one handed weapon due to the fact that is isn't a great weapon or a weapon that requires 2 hands. and the other(now placed behind his shield) is a one handed weapon. Links below.

Hilt Design 1: One handed hilt

Hilt Design 2:
2 handed hilt(also known as the Obsidian longsword he is so proud of)

Now, onto speculation :D I can't take part in that as I haven't been in this RPG that long, though your spec's sound good :P
Last edited by Carathyle maveric on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equipment:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I can seriously see Cananatra and Carathyle coming to blows in this RPG. He is really not liking your character. Should make for an interesting enough RPG though.

What does that silver shield talisman you have do Syjahel?
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

OOW believe me, Carathyle in the RPG isn't HALF as arrogant as the Carathyle from my own story. I can also see that happening, due to the fact that Carathyle's arrogance and ignorance, let alone his attitude to the opponent, is rather horrific if you would just start to think about meeting him in real life. Though once in melee combat, you must admit he can really put that ignorance to good use.

Besides, I guess Cananatra would be rather pissed off that Carathyle is part of the whole job that saved his ass. That's harsh, being saved by someone you dislike.

And I'm playing Carathyle like I would be myself in some situations. For example, I tend to play him as myself when that sorceress did something with that globe that made all the characters have a black out. Being all rage filled and wanting revenge, due to the fact that I just hate it when people "cheat". That's part of the way I wish to play him as well. He might be an arrogant, young, brash little bastard, but he does care about other people's opinion(though he wouldn't admit it).

And OOOW! no you didn't! XD

Equipment:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Cananatra tends to accord people a value based on their actions, rather cold, but that's how he is. Far too often he's encountered people similar in experience to Carathyle who only served to die, or put the mission in danger. Nothing personal. As for the saving, it's a point in his favor, though rolling around under the beast rather cancels it out in Cananatra's mind. All the spawn would have had to do was sit down.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Same as Carathyle basicly, though he knows what to do in times of need, and the fact that Carathyle rolled underneath the spawn, was pure because he he knew the spawn wasn't smart enough to realise that, if he sat down, he would kill off one of his attackers.

Carathyle has often the same experience with people like Cananatra and Syjahel, though they carry only one sword and a shield, the experience he has(in the short period of time) is that these kind of people often get disarmed and can't defend themselves anymore. His tactic of taking up enough equipment is based around this, as he doesn't intend on killing himself off because he ran short of a weapon in combat. Though disarming your opponent is funny as well.

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Disarmed ... have you seen how she uses her shield Carathyle? :D I guess it never hurts to have a spare if you can carry it, but she doesn't have the strength to weigh herself down too much. So I'll stick to one spare for Syjahel, though I can see why a person might want extras.

Cananatra, the shield talisman is a little bit of character stuff I guess. Syjahel's original shield in the game got a thorough battering, saving her life many times before it finaly got trashed beyond repair, courtesy of molemen. Lots of molemen. So because it had been so effective, and as a memento of the times, Syjahel had a splinter of it set in silver as a talisman. It has no actual powers, except perhaps in Syjahel's mnd where it might serve as a focus for her or a reminder of what she plans to do vs. Sultra (ie get revenge! :D for ... well, actually that inolves molemen, oddly enough). It has no game effect at all :) but I thought it would be a nice touch.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

so it's the same as Carathyle's obsidian longsword. Reminder for him to push for his very limit while staying alive?

And Sultra's death? oooeh! Carathyle's always in for a bit more bloodshed, especially if it pays him good.

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't like to rule things out in this RPG, it is for the players and you are pretty much unrestricted in your range of action limited only by the 'realities' of the situation, like falling to your death if you try to fly or coming up short and getting hacked to death if you decide to take on five chaos warriors at once. However I will say this, if your characters feel as though they have to come to blows sort it out so that it can be a non lethal contest, boxing or wrestling come to mind. We have already had one player killed by another for no other reason than that they essentially gave each other no choice but to duel to the death and I don't want it to happen again.

Carathyle bear in mind that while you can take all the equipment you can get your hands on it will affect your hindrance levels. I see no problem with Syjahel's idea of using the second horse as a pack animal so you could lessen your burden by having the horse carry some of the equipment though ammunition is still limited as before.

-Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Wow, you actually had a duel to the death between players?

@Syjahel, Ah ok, didn't know that.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

damn, that sucks.

Though I prefer a more mental combat, thank you. The more Carathyle is dragged into this, the less he intends to waste his sword on it. He will push Cananatra in the face a couple of times, that's all :P perhaps give him a knee in the groin and a elbow on the back of his neck at the most. As for the pack horse, mainly blame the horse for losing the equipment. Carathyle is somewhat easy to say they need more if it comes to safety. Besides, he just removed half of his armour, that's how much he trusts his fighting skills :P Cananatra, you can't say that isn't having guts to do in the field. More of a moron then he would probably expect.

Anyway, I've had it for now, going on a date in about 10 hours so I really need to get some sleep :P good luck you guys.

Equipment:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Malus Darkbolt (played by Darkdoom) more or less challenged for the leadership of the group and ordered the party to do things his way or else. Sinfulblade (played by Messiah of death) took exception to this threatening him back, Malus fired a bolt between Sinful's feet and after some other stuff happened (involving mutants and the first tentacle monster of the game) the two faced off resulting in Malus wounding Sinfulblade quite badly but then dying when the maniac managed to close him down. It was an unfortunate incident and one that I don't want repeated.

Gentleman of Moderation
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

BEFORE I GO!

Specially done for you guys, so you know how Carathyle's Obsdian sword would look like, the blade is partely attached.

His obsidian Longsword

Btw, if you like it, please say it, it helps me being motivated for drawing weaponry, armour and maps for my story called "Sword of the Woods". Also helps me staying inspired for writing it :P

Now I'm off and I won't react anymore till tomorrow evening.

EDIT: Not bad though it would be nice to see the whole blade. -Drainial

EDIT EDIT: I ain't there yet :P I'll keep you guys posted on how the sword progresses. Still need to put in depth and all, though THAT is harder then it looks :P Photoshop's a real pain in the (***).
Last edited by Carathyle maveric on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equipment:
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Lol, your actually willing to get in a fight with someone with 57 years more experience then you, extra skills and 2 points of toughness on you (though you are slightly stronger), while wearing half the armour he is? Well, this should be interesting.

@Drainial, No weapons it is so.