Group 28

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

I mentioned 300 due to the tactical use of the shield wall.

Agreed that the Romans had that tactic to use against the greeks, though you do forget that a standard equipment type of a greek soldier is a shield, light armour(or heavy armour depending upon the task of the given regiment), and a spear. The spear is a craft that is really usefull in these situations. Though the greeks DID use them in most of their armies, if you look at the Spartans of Sparta, you can see that they as well were trained in the use of a sword. That and being trained from infancy, makes them far superior to the Roman legionair in terms of Tactical warfare. Even though this tactical advantage, having no armour except a helmet, lower leg guards and gauntlets did make them easy targets for a group attack.

The movie 300 is a glorification of the bloody events that happened there, in that time. It's basicly war at its most beautiful moment(No seriously, at first it goes well, then someone dies and everything turns bad). Though the tactics used were the ones most used in that era. It was just a way to make my point really.

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

“That and being trained from infancy, makes them far superior to the Roman legionair in terms of Tactical warfare. Even though this tactical advantage, having no armour except a helmet, lower leg guards and gauntlets did make them easy targets for a group attack.”

I hate to disagree with you again, but while their ethos was certainly more rigid and hardline, their actual tactics were inferior. The phalanx, while incredibly strong from the front and on level ground was utterly incapable of true flexibility on an open battlefield over even slightly rough terrain. Additionally, the phalanx style combat itself, based upon the hoplite, was utterly defenceless against light skirmishers. Such was proven in, i believe, the Peloponnesian war(may have been one of the others), when a Spartan army, tasked with taking an island, was forced to surrender when faces with a large group of skirmishers that attacked at a distance. The phalanx had no response to it. Likewise, when Rome invaded the phalanx was pulled onto rough ground, pinned in place by elements of the Roman army, which then reformed, out flanked and crushed the Greek hoplite phalanx. Even one on one, the fight would be even less fair between an experienced legionary and experienced hoplite; as the hoplite is vulnerable from many more directions then the legionary (and using inferior equipment) as the hoplite is designed to rely upon support to a greater extent then the legionary.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Meteor wrote:I'd say a combination of swordsmen at the front rank, and spears in the rear ranks will be the most effective shield wall. Which is what we have in our little group. Two swords, a spear and to boot, two shooters :D

make it three swords, a spear and 2 shooters. Carathyle stored a additional longsword on the inside of his shield, so he can: drop the spear, deflect with the shield, go in with the sword :D

I do admit that once upclose and personal a spear has its disadvantages, and therefore isn't useful against opponents that gets through. In that case, being capable of using your shield to deflect an incoming sword, and then drawing your own has a requirement, many warlords in that era didn't think of that, therefore making their own troops a lot weaker. At least, this is my own opinion.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

My point was not that you are right or wrong, Carathyle. I did not say whether I agreed with you or not. I said that you have an opinion, and I have an opinion, and my character also has an opinion. (As does your character, though I believe you said that you share quite a lot of views with him.) We each have a right to these and I don't need to be 'corrected' every time you think you may know something I don't. That is what I was getting at. I did not mean to be obscure.

I would be best to assume that you do not know how much I know, or have experience with, because otherwise you run the risk of sounding patronising which I will most definitely find irritating.

My final point is that is is also best to assume that my character's views and mine do not necessarily coincide. Sometimes I am not at all sure who you are reacting to in what context: me, or my character. If you could draw a clearer line with this I would find it helpful.

Somewhat on this note Jacks :p Syjahel doesn't entertain the slightest thought of making Jacks take her out anywhere. Yet :D So far no-one has done anything to put such an idea into her head ...

Some interesting historical discussions :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

From what i've seen our characters would have to carve out their own kingdoms to make Syjahel have the least interest in them.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Cananatra wrote:From what i've seen our characters would have to carve out their own kingdoms to make Syjahel have the least interest in them.

Or at least show that they have guts to actually tackle an opponent stronger then himself :P But I think that goes for all of us as we fought: Harpies(outnumbered so stronger then us), Gors(equal yet stronger then us), Ungors(outnumbered yet weaker then us), a Chaos Spawn(we were with more yet it was... stronger then us if he would actually have a brain to use.)

So, let's keep it at your saying cana.

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I didn't realise Syjahel's interest was such a popular option :p

Actually to be fair though, I only meant that no-one has given her the idea to try to enforce Jacks paying for a night out :)

Syjahel may be a bit more subtle about it than Sinfulblade, but she notices her surroundings ...

That said as the bout progressed, she found hersef watching the fighting styles of the two, comparing notes on methods, resilience and physique.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

It might have something to do with you being the only female in the group...

And no no indeed not, I stick to my RP, so Jacks doesn't know of his ill fate if he loses. Though you haven't technically won the bet, yet, so Jacks owes you nothing, yet. I just had to use the word extorting :D (Carathyle! You better win when the brawl resumes!) -But useful bribery option, thanks Syjahel!

Btw, I think there'll be more than one tolerable woman in a kingdom once Jacks owns something so vast. So you two can carve out your kingdom to try catch her interest all you like. :)
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Met, just so you know :P If I pull my own RPG into this, and so the lore I created for Carathyle Maveric... :P you'll be surprised how vast his kingdom is :P

Let's keep it to "Not a single spot in Ulthuan is safe of us." :P and with that I mean, -.-' aah, just check the RPG then you'll know. :P talk about fringe Lore :D

Equipment:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Drainial, you asked if I could make the sword with the blade compleetly attached, it's done and uploaded on DeviantArt :P

WARNING! Picture heavy.

Carathyle's Obsidian Longsword

I also do requests ^_^ I know, ain't that good, but at least I do it for free! that is, the remainder of the week, and perhaps always for you guys ;)

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Good use of extorting, too. Wait ... What?? You mean you're not a sneaky, madly chivalrous wood-dweller in real life??? :D I'll have to revise everything I thought I knew XD

:shock: *points to Ki'lia* She's a woman too!

Carathyle, nice work on the sword. It looks decorative, but also practical.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

the entire design is practical :D that's the beauty of it ^_^ I got the power to make the impractical practical... wait, that doesn't make sense!

*reacts to the pointing* Is she now? 8) *rubs over chin to look interesting and cool*

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Over to you, Drainial. Sorry, sister.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ki'lia was forced into prostitution as a child and became a mercenary so as to escape that life, casual liaisons are not really on the table unless there is a coldly practical reason for it. She was my RP character with group 24.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

*nods* Perfectly understandable. That's how I see Druchii, practical to the core. I think she'd be more interested in allying herself with people not trying to get into her knickers anyway, as she is a career soldier. Just pointing out I'm not the only X-X set of chromosomes here. :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

But you are the only one not about to ride off in the opposite direction.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

In other words, you are the only one NOT thinking on letting us rot and die in the wild :P

Equipment:
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Ah...you guys disgust me haha.

And oooh a cheeky blow there Syjahel! Whilst you reassess my personality irl, I'll be plotting more pranks on your character, be sure of it!

Jacks -Shade

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Aha! So you really do live in the woods! I knew it :p
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Meteor, can you PLEASE stop making those remarks when I'm around?

"before going into the bushes to find the other two city elves."

Seriously? Am I the only one? Am I seriously the only one who thinks this isn't right? Going into the bushes to fin the other two city elves DOING WHAT?!

No, just kidding :P

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

It never occurred to me ...
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Nor I ._.

And if by woods you mean someone's garden (leeching broadband) then yeah. Might even be yours Syjahel :O

Jacks -Shade

Equipment

Skills

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

that's odd because You're in Hell and he's in the UK :P

Equipment:
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

If you can leech any spare broadband from my little usb mobile broadband stick, go ahead Shade :p but I think I'm safe ... :D

'He' may be in the UK but part of that sentence is wrong :p
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

ARE YOU A SHE?!

it's either that or a shemale... both begin with she however XD

Equipment: