Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Sorry guys work has been really hectic this week, and every time I think I may get to post something goes wrong :evil: I hope to get a proper post in tomorrow, definitely over the weekend if not.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

No problem, I have often been tardy as 28 can attest. That pesky RL just wont lie still :roll:
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present for you viewing pleasure, an inked image of Karonath follower of Khaine!

Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Looks good, makes me want to see some kind of sketch of Elysian (she has forgotten him entirely I swear).

On another note I am looking for a new player for 28 if anyone is interested.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

That's pretty neat, and fairly accurate too, in that the armour looks pretty much like it should. Interesting interpretation of winged helm. I like it.

But now for the bad news, at least for the group it is. I have been accepted into an engineering degree and simply won't have the time for this anymore, not if I want to do either this or the degree properly. I've had a great run in Group 22, and some great times. It won't be easy to let K go...

I guess that leaves Raneth as the only founding member now. How's it feel? I remember when it was you, me, Jeff, and that other Bulgarian fellow. Or was that Group 13?

Kinsalyer, you can NPC K if you like, or chuck her overboard. There are ways to recover if it comes to that. I'll check in anyhow to see how you guys are doing.

Thanks all, and goodbye.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Bye, bye, K/Layne.
RL supersedes RP. Even Group 22.
Wish you the best for your degree... and beyond.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Still alive.
Caraoc is not that much willing to fight against Phalx, but will discuss with anyone.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sorry to see K go, this group really is down on original members now, us newbies will need to take up that slack.

I am sure everyone will join me in commiserations for Jason on his loss, RL can be a biatch and this is one of the more extreme examples of that.

Now we just need to plot and murder some sea dogs, for the record Elysian is not looking forward to being forced to become a sailor for a while.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ok so to clarify, if we want to go with Caroac's plan can be opt to stop at Karond Kar or are we locked into passing it by already?

Gentleman of Moderation
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Later, Layne, it's been a blast! V never forgets :)

Although whether it was Group 9 or group 13 I can't recall.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So I have just gotten a job, which is good. I am also moving to be in the same city as said job. This does unfortunately mean that I wont be able to post for a while. I will not be taking my laptop with me right away (it is too broken to move on the train) so although I can keep an eye on things via phone I wont be able to post.

It shouldn't be too long, a week or so at the longest.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sot is this the end? Certainly it is the end of an era. I can't take on 22, at the moment 28 is on hold.

In any event I am sure I am not alone in thanking kinslayer for many good times had or in wishing him luck with the real adventure life is about to put his way.

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, with most of the group gone busy with RL, it seems time has come for an eulogy. :killed:
Please change the title of the thread to reflect the impressive deeds it contains.

Thanks Kinslayer above all. >5000 posts :shock: in Group 22 tells already a lot.
I noticed that more often than not, your single post contained more material than all answers from players.
You showed to be a master of plotting and telling tales. You were up to your title as roleplayer deity. Your last post is one more testimony for that.
I'd not be surprised to hear that Gotrek & Felix and Malus stories have been complemented by stories of a group of DE mercenaries in Vikarh.
Nightcall and myself were honoured to be picked up and join Group 22.

Thanks all the old Group 22 for making room for the two newcomers of us. With my original way of RPGing, it has required quite an adaptation from you. Well done, gents.

A special thanks for Nightcall, I had the feeling of fitting well along together, that's precious. Unfortunately for Kinslayer, we had not enough time to experiment his ideas about the corsair class. Never mind, corsairs are alive, in different classes.

With Drainial, I believe that I provided new horizons for the practice of magic. I had great fun. Next time I RPG, that must be with magic again, and probably with Caraoc.

I haven't made a decision yet about my next RPG. Anyway, thanks again all group 22 for a very nice time together, and see you all in another group with same spirit. :D

-=-=-

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill
This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end

The Doors - The end.
Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/doors/the+ ... 42686.html
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDN9y2vTdUs
Last edited by Calisson on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Here are our signatures. They may change as we move to new RPGs. Here below, they will remain as they were in our last post.

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours!
Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|o Brotherhood of the Coast! o|--}

Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2

Equipment: Cloak of Dusk, Dagger, Staff (detachable spear head), Robes, leather armour, handbow [20/20], throwing knives x4, talisman of light, metal shard, a horse named Euan, power stones x1,2 months rations, 2 lumps of steel, small hammer, large hammer, tongs, anvil 1669g

Stats: WS4 S3 T3 D6 I5

Mod
Head RPG Mod
RPG Mod- Group 28

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior

Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Layne - congratulations! It's a hard one (the maths... eugh.... *shudders*) but well worth it in the end. I wish you all the best, let us know how you are getting on!

Dranial - congrats to you as well, hope it all goes well.

Calisson - I have enjoyed the interplay between our two corsairs, it worked really well! Thank you for making things so much fun.

Kinslayer - as I mentioned in my post, I'm sorry for your loss and that life is throwing so much at you of late. If this really is the end/a hiatus, then my warmest wishes with regards to the new family. It's a wonderful thing. You are a brilliant writer, and with your talent, I would hope that some day you would consider having a bash at a book or two.

It has been a pleasure being part of this group, even though it was for just a short while. Thank you. :) x

If anyone wants to stay in touch, PM me, and I'll send you my FB details.

However, if the group will be continuing, I'm still interested and able to post.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Phalx has many more needless fights to start, and tight scraps to get out of.

It has been a pleasure. Kin you master of DM-ing, everyone really really well done.

If any of you have a place for a battered crazed Shade, drop me a PM.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Any of you would be welcome in Group 38; it's still early days. The participants are part of a host invading Ulthuan. If you're interested, just PM me your character creation bumph and stats.

Although I can't compare to Kinslayer, and the pace is currently one mod post a week due to the group being tied up in the week with RL stuff (Ideally it'd be a Mod post every 3 days or so).
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thanks for the kind words everyone and sorry again to cut things short here, but I feel it is for the best.

I wouldn't mind having a bash at an unofficial novel at some point, probably a write up of the whole Blackthorn / Tvar feud I thought up which has been the main backdrop of this story. Maybe one day when I have more time off work (or when BL talent pick me after reading this thread ;) )

Many thanks for all the hard work and dedication to all of you, from our oldest members to the new guys who helped liven things up again at the end.

Layne, I've been so busy I only just saw your post. All the best in your own future, better the group end with K's departure than carry on without her, for she is one of our founding characters no less!

The same to all of you, good luck in life from here on out!

Add me on facebook if you aren't already on there. For my name see the black font:
Jason Puleston (I should be the only one on there under that name, add me and I will of course accept)

Calisson, as Admin now perhaps you can give us a big send off on the Announcement page? I will still lurk around here when I get time, but this is it for RPGing for now ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The Out of thread discussion with Character has been posted in announcements, aye aye.
Jason, I don't use facebook, but should I remain out here in D.net for a while.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Continuing on from the game thread...

It's funny you should have worried about K Tom. I can't recall her ever directly threatening Phalx before the fight in the pub.

I've just been thinking back on all we've done. I still think of K's greatest moment as when she set fire to the prison. She was bloody magic that day. It was something when she went bullet-time to kill the ninja twins, but that was not really her at work ; that Bloodfeather and Khaine. I'd be curious what the other long timers would think were their best Group 22 moments?
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Post by Dauricha »

Best group 22 moments......

4. Assassin in the library. One of our first big encounters, still gives me chills.

3. After having his face bashed in, Phalx slowly reaches for his knife to kill an elf he owes money to. This took three posts of in depth roleplaying. I felt I was so so close to the kill. Our Shade only managed to maim the rogue. Phalx brought death to him shortly after.

2. Phalx picking fights with Vryala. She still owes him a duel!!!!!!

2.5 That one time Phalx made good decisions. He killed a really big Orc, and sort of led the group before they started fighting the High Elves. a rare moment to be sure.

1. I mounted a statue..... you had to be there.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

This seems like the best place to put this, if any members of group 28 read this as well as the story thread you are not allowed to read this so go away :D

I am currently having a smattering of high quality killers being sent into Ulthuan on general disruption missions in my Group 28. I cannot help but think this is a job that Varin might just part with group 22 for. So I would like to bring them in for a brief while as NPCs or bring in anyone who wants it to play in a cameo role taking up your old characters again for a short spell. So first of all I don't want to do it at all unless I feel people are generally ok with it (I have no plans to kill anyone off or anything btw). Second I would like it if anyone did want to pick up their old sword for a few posts.

If you don't want me to do it or don't want to do it yourself but don't mind me using you as NPCs please say. It is not vital to the plot or anything, just an idea I thought might be fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Aye. I'm up for a bit of a guest spot.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Caraoc would be delighted to go at sea again! :D
It is just that at the moment, my professional life is busy and will remain so for two weeks or so...

In his former sea life as pilot, Caraoc would remain at the helm during battles, and whenever the opportunity would arise to practice some wind chanting without getting too much attention, he would... often causing unexpected results.
If you feel like doing so, go ahead. I'll try to keep an eye on Group 28.
By the way, there's a newbie called Caraoc amongst D.net recent recruits. He would be the one to post if ever. ;)

- EDIT: my 5000th post was for Caraoc! - :D
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I support this. Consider K's permission slip for your field trip to Ulthuan signed.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.