Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well the end of 2010 is approaching... I for one am still willing to give this another great shot in the New Year.

I do however have a busy two weeks planned between now and then. How many of us are still here & ready?

Hope you have all had a good break ;)

Jason
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Ready.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Layne wrote:Ready.

I'll send out a PM to the others and when I get back after New Year try to start things off again.

Hopefully everyone will show up ;)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Evening guys,

With only four of you now active it has occurred to me that it might be a lot easier to get the live chat RPG session we tried to organise before to work. What I basically have in mind is an evening (GMT) when we can all be online at the same time, and enter the Druchii.net chatroom through the Chat button at the top of the site (in between "Forums" and "RPG"). We would play a small RPG across two chatrooms, one for OOC discussion and questions and one for IC gaming.

Using commands in the chatroom you can throw a dice, change your name to adopt the role of your character, and write in either actions or speech. In the game chatroom I would simply narrate, moving the story along as we use the OOC chatroom to roll dice & discuss the game. Once we are done after an hour or two of live RPing, I can write up what was acomplished in a modpost in the actual game thread. I think the idea is definately one worth trying out, it's just a case of timezones and working lives confusing things.

I will probably be able to do it any weekday evening GMT time, between about 7pm and, at the latest, finishing for around 3am. I don't mean for the game to last 6 hours, but we could perhaps play 7pm-9pm, 12am-2am, 11.30pm-1.00am, whatever works out best for us all within that sort of time frame. All times I am giving in GMT (England), I know some of you are in Australia and Europe so you will have to work out what this time equates as for you. Obivously it will probably become a morning-thing for the Aussies.

Please reply, looking at the next week or two, what times could you do?

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Lessee! My timezone's GMT+1. Tuesday evenings and Wednesday nights are okay for me, but Thursday's most flexible since that's my day off the job.
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

I am GMT, and this sounds great. Due to my part time job cannot always be free in the evenings, this week only working Saturday night, so free for the rest.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay, well based on those two responses I say we look at doing it this Thursday? As wednesday might be a bit hectic for me.

I know it's only a couple of days time but as long as Khel & Layne are able to attend we should be set for a good game. I dont mind what time.

Please check you can access the Chat feature though as I seem to remember some people had trouble getting in last time.

Here is a direct URL link to the chatroom - http://www.druchii.net/chat/chat.php

Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

We're in the same time zone, at this time of year GMT + 9.

So 7pm Thursday through 3am Friday makes 4am - 10am Friday.

I could conceivably be up at 4am but would have to go to work at 6:30. I don't know how it is for Super Duper Doug but it's easier for me on weekends. I should probably mention at this point that I am now working full time. And still occasionally working part time, that's why my response times haven't been all they could.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

can log into chat, though not sure how to edit name and other such things you spoke of Kinslayer? Excited about this.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Layne wrote:We're in the same time zone, at this time of year GMT + 9.

So 7pm Thursday through 3am Friday makes 4am - 10am Friday.

I could conceivably be up at 4am but would have to go to work at 6:30. I don't know how it is for Super Duper Doug but it's easier for me on weekends. I should probably mention at this point that I am now working full time. And still occasionally working part time, that's why my response times haven't been all they could.

Weekends I am usually very busy, or away at the girlfriends without my wireless internet access for the laptop. So it would have to be a weekday for me. I tend to work between 3-5 days at my local reptile shop during the day so although there may be a day when I can RP in the morning if I am at home, most of the time it will have to be the evening. Which means the morning for you guys unfortunately.

If you really don't mind getting up, and Khel is able to join us at that time as well, how does this sound to you three then...

This Thursday at 7.30pm / 8.00pm GMT... so this will be 8.30/9pm for Raneth, and 4.30/5am for Layne, Khel & Sidorio (who may be returning). I think me & Dauricha are both from the UK.

If we can do that let me know if you want the extra half an hour, the earlier start. We would RP til around 9.00pm GMT (6.00am for Layne)

What say you?

Dauricha wrote:can log into chat, though not sure how to edit name and other such things you spoke of Kinslayer? Excited about this.

I will explain all those things once we are in there, but here they are anyway:

You can use the /nickname command to change your name. Eg, type "/nickname Phalx" and you will become Phalx instead of Dauricha.

You can use the /me command to speak from your own point of view. For example saying the following sentence with and without the /me command would lead to the following;

"will jump out of the tree" would show as 'Phalx says "will jump out of the tree" ' (hence we will use this for speech, eg "I am going to jump out of the tree")

"/me will jump out of the tree" would show as 'Phalx will jump out of the tree' (which is an intended action, I can then narrate to let you know if you succeed).

You can use the !D6 command to throw a D6. The chat will throw a dice for you and tell you the random result. You can also throw a !D3 or whatever, or throw two dice at once by typing !2D6 and so on.

Dice throwing and discussion will happen in one chatroom, so that the actual game chatroom is not interrupted with anything other than IC gaming.

I hope that makes sense.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I have just registered our channels with the Gamesurge network, so once you have joined the Druchii.net channel through the link at the top or the URL given you need to type the following commands;

/nick "character name"
/join Group22a
/join Group22b

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I'm good for any day. As long as it's late-ish too.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Khel wrote:I'm good for any day. As long as it's late-ish too.

Well what we had suggested above would be late thursday evening for us Europeans, but early friday morning (4.30am/5.00am) for you Aussies.

I think Layne is game, although I do feel bad suggesting you get up so early and am more than happy to reconsider the timing to better suit...

Alternatively we could try to do it the otherway around (late evening for the Aussies and very early morning for the Europeans) perhaps?
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

early morning/ late evening its all the same to me.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Well I have just succestually got into the chat. I'm not wonderfully keen on 4:30 Friday morning but I'm willing to give it a go.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Kinslayer wrote:
I think Layne is game, although I do feel bad suggesting you get up so early and am more than happy to reconsider the timing to better suit...

Thursday morning for me, Thursday evening for the Aussies is fine by me.

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Thursday morning for us Europeans is only a few hours away (it is now Wednesday evening)

So what time are we considering?
Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Come to think of it, it's unlikely I'd be able to stay awake past 7 am. That's 4 pm in Oz if I'm not mistaken, and I doubt Cuddles McDraich and Mr Khaine would be home from work by that time. :( But man, 4:30 am is harsh. We sure we can't plan anything in the weekend? I mean, my Sundays are wide open.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well I got a new rota from work today and I'm now only needed Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

This means tuesday night / wednesday, or thursday night / friday GMT are by far the best times for me to do this.

Weekends are still pretty hectic. A lot of the time I am out or at my girlfriends which means no wireless net.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I can do it I tell you. 4:30 am is doable with a day or two's notice. Having said as much, middle of my Friday night, likesay from 10:30, which is I think from 2pm Friday afternoon for you guys, would be fine I believe.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

Can't make Friday afternoon/evening. Work 'til 5pm, then karate... it'd be Saturday morning for the ozzies by the time I could join in. Which means Tuesday night gets my vote for now.

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Whereever, Whenever. You name it. Try to avoid weekends however, can't do them. :)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Still up for this.

Also

CHECK YOUR PMS!
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Okay guys... weekends are a no no for two of us, fridays for Raneth, most other weekdays for me (unless its early hours for the Aussies).

Wednesday is my other day off and would work best for me... any time of day. Let's try to organise it by next week ;)
Sidorio
Assassin

Post by Sidorio »

Well I'm currently under UK time for the next 5 months. I'm generally working 8 to 5 ish for 5 random days of the week and evenings are alot better than mornings for me especially since I lack an alarm. Any evening next week is good for me though.
Vash’nir - WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: 2 asrai short swords, assassins dagger, silver dagger, modified repeater crossbow (20/20), hunting spear, Cloak of Dusk, full leather armour
Inventory: talisman of protection, talisman of night, smoke bombs x6, rope x2, healing balms x10, climbing axe x2, skinning knives, winter gear, Vikarh map, pouch of powder, 4 fire bombs
Mount: Dark Steed (Falken)
Gold: 2270
Skills: Stealth, Two Weapon Fighting, Basic Ride