The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:lol: Who said anyone would cheat? Those blamable acts are never to be told. :roll:

Wow, great first posts!

Let's see Kairus' spell. Or, shall I say the two spells in a row?
1. Temporary self transformation
2. Consecration of a dedicated place.

1. Self transformation.
A.+0. B+0 (well found). C.+1. D.+2. E.+1.
F.-2. G.+1. H.+1 (two spells melted). I.-2 (the precious component will be used for the 2nd spell). J.+0.
Total +2 => K.-1 mild side-effect (no sweat) for less than a minute.
Fluffy bonus +1, but, for some reason, Kairus is the least intelligent of the Mages here (I=4), so he gets a permanent malus of -1.
Result: the first part of the spell will be cast with +1, i.e. 5/6 chances to work fine, and that's easy to redo if any fail.
Consider this part done. Only a miscast could happen wrong.

2. Consecration of a dedicated place.
A.-1 magic object.
B.-2 totally new.
C.+1, let's say that the consecrated dust is not that heavy.
D.+2, two feet are as good as two hands.
E.-1? err, did you specify any duration? Till midnight or any longer? I assume -1 unless contradicted.

F.-2.
G.+1: consecrated time, consecrating place.
H.+1, full day.
I.+0 the Nauglir's tooth is gone into dust (your feet took the shape of Nauglir's).
J.+0 average (unless you wish to cast the spell only till midnight, then I can make it E+0 and J+1).
K.+0: total above was -1, there will be a detrimental side-effect which does not modify the total.
Fluff & I cancel each other, as for the other spell.
You're at -1 to cast your spell.

Could you please specify if you want to cast the spell
- for a week or more, it will be cast if I roll 4+? And if it fails, do you sacrifice another tooth and try again?
- for only 1 day (the effects will end at midnight, and you will end your catalepsy at the same time), and it will be cast if I roll 2+?

By the way, was Intelligence=4 a typo?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote:Could you please specify if you want to cast the spell
- for a week or more, it will be cast if I roll 4+? And if it fails, do you sacrifice another tooth and try again?
- for only 1 day (the effects will end at midnight, and you will end your catalepsy at the same time), and it will be cast if I roll 2+?

By the way, was Intelligence=4 a typo?

Thanks Cal.

First, I meant for Kairus to gain the foot of a Dragon, a "great beast" - I did mention Dragon somewhere in my post perhaps I was not clear.

Second, if I didn't use the cold one tooth on the first spell, how come I didn't get it for the second spell? Does that mean I still have 2 of them?

I wanted to cast the spell to last all week sorry for not saying (consecrating the footprint that is, because I assume the footprint will remain for more than a week anyway unless someone with a spade fills it in).

And finally, nope I4 was not a typo. I didn't realise everyone was going I5, but if the game will rely soley on Intelligence this should of been mentioned. I based Kairus' stats on his fluff. He is ample with a blade, but very strong comapred to most Mages due to his life as a ranger. His toughness is normal, and his Dexterity and Intelligence are both better than his other stats. As a Druchii who all but raised himself in the woods, away from society, I don't think Kairus would be that "Intelligent" - he never went to school. Intelligent about how to survive in a wood though, yes, of course - but that requires some thinking, and a bit more strength, dexterity and, when it comes down to it, weapon skill.

Maybe you see now why I chose these stats ;)

But if you think I wasn't crafty thinking of I5, at least I got it right with the lucky Days. We're all here on Monday, my lucky day... There's a fair chance I won't be around by Saturday, my inauspicious day :P

And if I am, you all got served by the only I4 character in the game :lol:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

A quite astute third I believe, any feedback would be appreciated bossman.

And a question if I may: will there some kind of gathering of characters after the RP judging has happened for some general roleplaying between them, it seems a waste that everyone has put such effort into well rounded characters just to cast magic and kill each other, and it would be quite nice to see how the practitioners of different lores get along together. Also, it would give us a chance to do the politicking and backstabbing we druchii love oh so much :twisted:
Last edited by Smiler666 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Opus vos liberaverit
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

On the 3rd line down of the 2nd paragraph in my post I typed "he though" instead of "he thought" - permission to edit typo?

Calisson wrote:1. Self transformation.
A.+0. B+0 (well found). C.+1. D.+2. E.+1.
F.-2. G.+1. H.+1 (two spells melted). I.-2 (the precious component will be used for the 2nd spell). J.+0.
Total +2 => K.-1 mild side-effect (no sweat) for less than a minute.
Fluffy bonus +1, but, for some reason, Kairus is the least intelligent of the Mages here (I=4), so he gets a permanent malus of -1.
Result: the first part of the spell will be cast with +1, i.e. 5/6 chances to work fine, and that's easy to redo if any fail.
Consider this part done. Only a miscast could happen wrong.

E. Duration.
+2: lasting 6 seconds <EDIT: added>
+1: lasting 6 minutes

Perhaps I am wrong, but shouldn't I get +2? Kairus is only transforming his foot into that of a dragon for a moment (~6 seconds) - to stamp once and then change back.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

While I see Kinslayer's point, presumably we need to be a little careful that this doesn't bog down into a series of arguments between the mod and each poster about the casting modifiers for each spell.

Could we play it that - barring massive problems - the Mod's initial decision is final? Otherwise I think we're going to end up with an OOC thread filled with contestations about casting values, with those who are disinclined to argue being disadvantaged...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I'm still a little confused about the casting values so I'll be taking Calisson's word for it, provided the reasoning is there. If I haven't been clear enough in my spell casting than Calisson should be able to tell me and I will see where I've haven't been clear enough.

Also on the point of editing, surely it is fine to simply edit typo's and layout errors which we've seen after we've posted? Of course we should reread before posting but sometimes when you've posted something from say, a Word Document, into the Druchii forum, the paragraphs might turn out wrong and this can lead to looking over a typing error. As long as everyone’s gives their word that they won't use the edit to cheat or change what they've originally done, then would editing be an option?

Also editing straight after you have posted should be fine I reckon, as long as you edit your typo's or your errors you find before the next person posts at least.

Also Calisson I wasn't sure what constituted an altar? I mean, we have to use all the ingredients so that would use more than a single spell wouldn't it? I casted two spells that round as well as burning the rest of the elven blood and the bottled sprite, so does that cover what needs to be done to make a consecrated place? Also all my actions depend upon the previous spell working so if it sounds a bit like a "meta game rule breaker" than forgive me and you may throw my in the pit if I've read this all wrong.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The editing rule is in place to ensure that no one can alter things in hindsight, true people will probably be honourable and not cheat but the odd typo is a small price to pay for guarantees that this can't happen. Cal’s decision of course but I would keep it in place.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Wow, in the time it took me to write my post, two other people posted theirs :P
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Kinslayer

- Fine for the dragon foot. That could earn your character a nickname! It was close to midnight, maybe it was my mind which wasn't clear. :roll:
Anyway, you will feel that the spell is so well prepared that you will grow two dragon's feet. Also, the soil is very humid. The steps should be deep. When (if) your character realizes that, he will add some weight to the steps.

- You did get the tooth for the second spell: I.-2 for the first, I.+0 for the second.

- One week aye aye. The footprints will be filled with water within few hours. But you will feel the magic remaining.

- 6 seconds aye aye. The 1st spell will be autocast, side effect will last a wink.

- I4 aye aye. You're a man of challenges, aren't you? ;)
I did not mention about the I because I did not realize sooner that a spell should be an I test. If not, why would I be useful for Mages?
I will use I also to resist spells, if applicable.
Anyway, I foresee the usefulness of your blade, too, so your consideration may well prove to be sound.

- Lucky days, there was a decisive choice to be made.
People anticipating an early loss were right to postpone the bad days to the end of the week. :)
People realizing that the competition starts easy and ends harsh were right to postpone lucky days to the end, when it may be the cutting argument. :twisted:

@ smiler666
- Sure!
During the "night", three of your characters will have to roleplay in a cave.
The other five can gather and roleplay in the village, that's fine with me.
However, as there will be two stories ongoing, please make sure to start each post with "In the village" or "In the cave".

- I'll review the spells in my next post. So, you did not search for a wisp marsh?

@ Red
As I can see, the story is related twice.
Once on the gaming thread, by poets.
Once in the present OOC thread, by engineers.
I like to keep the two stories separated!

You know what you risk if you argue too bitterly with a policeman about your car's speed.
Same with me. When I roll a die, I may decide that the die did not roll enough, or did not land flatly - or not. :twisted:
I will do it in good faith. Of course. :roll: Be it for a would-be 6 or for a would-be 1.
Anyway, casting a spell with the Magic System is new to everyone, so I do expect many clarifications during the first days (and possibly some suggested changes to the Magic System, as already implemented).

@ Khel
- As we become more and more confident, I will shorten the explanations.

- No editing. It's part of the fun to hurry you up, see Dalamar's disappointment! :D

The NO EDIT policy is similar to SAU, AFAIK.
Now, once the pit's judgement is made, feel free to edit your typos! That's three days to wait.

Also, you can edit without being noticed until someone posts after you. Just make sure to open another window and double-check that your post is still the last one - and post hastily during the next second.
If ever the post shows that you edited within one minute after the next guy posted a full page of comments, mention it in the OOC thread and ask for Kaleth's mercy.
Of course, he is as mercyless than any Druchii general, but that might make him laugh. ;) (can he laugh at all with a silver jaw?)

@ Drainial
Thanks for your support.
You play Artemii, don't you? :)

@ Dalamar
1. Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:31 pm Red...
2. Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:29 pm Kinslayer
3. Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:12 am smiler666
4. Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 am Khel
5. Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:51 am Drainial
6. Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:05 am Dalamar
7. TBD
8. TBD
That is a stiff race!
Now, only you can still edit freely. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

That is a stiff race!

I cut dinner short to finish writing my post, and so come first :P I think my wife was understanding (glaring angry eyes and muttered death threats signals understanding right?) ;)

As I can see, the story is related twice.
Once on the gaming thread, by poets.
Once in the present OOC thread, by engineers.
I like to keep the two stories separated!

You know what you risk if you argue too bitterly with a policeman about your car's speed.
Same with me.

Awesome analogies :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Calisson wrote:No editing. It's part of the fun to hurry you up

The only time I will ever seen being hurried to post being fun is when someone gets their arm turned into a tentacle because they didn't "sign the correct dotted line" sort of thing.

Oh god, now I'm asking for it. What have I gotten myself into? :)

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Spell review.

@ smiler666.
A.-1 magic object. B.-2 new. C.+1 handful. D.+1, can't put your hands, can you? E.-1 long lasting.
F.-2. G.-1 wrong day. H.+1 full day. I.+0 precious. J.+0 averaging +/-1.
The -4 above will be mitigated by a... K.+2 automiscast, to produce a -2 to cast.
That's the trouble of casting a stong spell the wrong day without putting your hands.
Wait! Who said you couldn't put gloves? An intelligent lad like yours will protect his hands, of course.
I'll make it D.+2 and K.+1. Detrimental side effect (10 years).
Still -2 to cast, plus fluff bonus.

@ Khel
There seems to be another multiple-step spell.
Are you using all your components for a single spell??? :shock:
OK, let's try to sort this out.
The final effect I understand is that you want your altar (or whatever name) to be created and last a long time.
In order to achieve that, you're willing to pour all you can (all components) to increase your chances.

What I will do is to make it start with a first luck spell.
Next, a second spell in a self-strengthening cascade.
For the last spell, the unnatural component will be used.

1. First "Lucky" bloodrunes, aimed at helping what follows.
A.+1 knowledge (increases your chances). B.-2 new. C.+1 self. D.+2 self. E.+1 minutes.
F.-2. G.+0. H.+0. I.-1 mundane. J.+0. So far, total = +0.
K.+0, final result +0.
Fluffy (+1) but as the spell was unclear (-1), the total should not be modified.

If failed, no problem, casting the same spell another time will be B.+0 for a milder side effect and a +1 bonus.

2. Second "Lucky" lumpflames, more powerful, aimed at helping the making of the altar.
A.+1 knowledge. B.-1, same family as the first spell. C.+1 self. D.+2 self. E.+0 hours.
F.-2. G+0. H+1 3 hours. I.+0 precious. J.+0. So far, total = +2.
K.-1, mild side effect. Final total +1.
Now I shall add +1 as the effect of the first "Lucky" bloodrune. Only 1/6 is a fail, and if you do it anew, it will be autocast.

3. The real spell: creating the magic altar.
A.-1 magic object. B.-2 new. C.+1 small (very limit to become +0). D.+2 touched. E-1 lasting.
F.-2. G.+0 (limit to be +1). H.+1. I.+1. J.+0. Total so far -1.
K.+0. Final total -1.
Again, fluff and confusion are cancelling each other.
But now, you get +2 for the enhanced luck spell.
The spell will be cast if I roll 2+. I could even add another +1 for investing so many components and for inventing the spell cascade, in order to get an autocast.
Well done!
Items consumed:
1 phial of elven blood for each 1st spell,
1 lump of father’s flesh for each 2nd spell
1 bottled sacrificial sprite for the last spell.

@ Drainial, @ Dalamar:
to be continued (lunch time).
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Isn't it obvious that what I'm trying to create is this consecrated place? And didn't you say we had to use all of these different components to create the consecrated place, or at least, all the items are destroyed upon creating it?

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I was under the impression that the items were for use throughout the various tasks to be used as and when we see fit rather than using them all in one go. Hence my use of a single mundane item.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Ditto with Drainial. I can't find any suggestion that we needed to use all of our components to create the consecrated place (or that they would be auto destroyed after). Did I miss something?

Don't be a munchkin?

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Ok, I found the part I misread, I read it wrong so it would seem (a mistake I keep happening to make).

Well... I think I am well within my rights to say "Oh ****".

Couldn't of asked for a better start to the game by wasting all my goodies. :)

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I've just read over all the characters... we seem like a very interesting mix, this should be fun ;)

Oh... and in the pursuit of fairness I am happy to let Khel change his post to only using one item as it seems he didn't understand they are to last all week (If he wants to, and Cal and the others agree)
Last edited by Kinslayer on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Question. If we wished to converse IC with another Mage either quiet enough or further away from the others for nobody else to hear, or magically to speak inside each others minds, can we IC PM each other? To build alliances and plot the others' downfalls?

It should add another interesting aspect to the game, not knowing who is PMing who and if the person you are PMing is secretly siding with someone else and only pretending...

All PM's could be forwarded to Cal too if necessary?

Or is PMing not an option?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Khel
Don't worry, mate, there are other ways than using components, and anyway I will not waste more components than required.
You'll see next day.

Now, if you want your cascade of spells to be a mere 2 spells, let me know which one I drop.
After all, the OOC thread is here also in order to see if everyone understands the same (the same as me, obviously ;) ).

@ Drainial
Q: • Starting Equipment: Staff, dagger (is it possible to make it so that these can be combined to make a rudimentary spear?)
A: You can do it as an additional task. And even make it a magic spear, now that you know how to make magic objects.
I suggest that you did it on "Tuesday".

Now your spell.
A.-1 magic object. B.+1 well known spell (well done ;) ). C.+0: larger than you can hold (limit +1, though). D.+2: you dig with 2 hands. E.-1 lasting.
F.-2. G.+0 (limit +1). H.+1 day's casting. I.-1 mundane. J.+1 (should be +0 but sometimes I round up).
K.+0 detrimental for a total of +0.
Great fluff (+1), spell cast on 2+, can be cast again on same 2+ till success (2nd try would be with a black rose bush seed).

@ Dalamar
A. Creation & magic object -1, B. Well Known +1, C. The Essence +0 (result is much larger than what you can hold), D. Touched with both Hands +2, E. Year and a day -1.
F. Level1 -2, G. Normal +0 (close to +1/2 as the place is so well chosen), H. 9 Hours preparation, 3 hours to cast +1, I. Essence of Deepest Shadows consumed by the spell +1, J. Incantations and use of the whole body, but little concentration afterwards +0.
K. Detrimental 0. Total +1.
With the fluff bonus, you'll cast it on 2+. However, if it's a fail, the second cast will consume a precious component and be on 3+.

@ Malus99
It's not easy to find a cave facing North when the plain is on the South of the island.
Let's assume that the cave is below one of the low hills rather than on the mountain's slope.
Possibly some animal larger than a marmot once burrowed that place?

Spell roll modifiers:
A: -1 Command and magic object (still -1)
B: -1 Doom and darkness (can I have a +1 since it is only the first part of doom and darkness and D&D is a 10+ which is exactly 10X my level? Since the effects of your spell are very different from Doom &D, I don't consider that you cast a known spell. -1 is the most I can do.)
C: 0 affects a room
D: +2 Touching with both hands
E: -1 lasting 7 days? Which is not until midnight but not a year and a day Magic stops at midnight since Cindrella. That's enough for the challenge, but if you want days not hours, pay for days.
F: -2 for Lv1
G: +0 normal conditions
H: +1 12 hours total
I: +0 Precious component destroyed
J: +0 intense concentration, loud praying until the final prayer (which for fluff reasons has to be in silence) - followed by a light concentration until the effects of the spell vanish => averaged at +0.
K: +1 terrible (great fluff! :D ) because the total A thu J is -2 => you need to come closer to 0. Oh, and that will last 10 years.
TOTAL -1. Fluff bonus +1, that makes it +0.
Cast on 3+, can cast it again, spending another bottle, will be cast on 2+ (you learn from your mistakes).

Q: Does magic necessitate you having to caper about like a fool to make it go off? I didn’t realise we had all turned into orc shamans
A: No, the wording can be interpretated. It is enough to use your whole body and alert the surroundings. Therefore a silent fireworks would work, too.

@ all
There is nothing such as a dense forest on the island. Not even a decent tree...
"In a few places relatively sheltered from the winds, some low bushes manage to grow, no higher than three meters."

@ Kinslayer
Q: can we IC PM each other? All PM's could be forwarded to Cal too if necessary? Or is PMing not an option?
A: PM is fair game. I need not to know unless you wish me to forwards an anonymus PM, which I will do (barring a failed casting dice).

Actually, I was intending to encourage you to PM or to use the OOC thread in complement to the main gaming thread, where you are limited to a single post.
Last edited by Calisson on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Cast on 3+, can cast it again, spending another bottle, will be cast on 2+ (you learn from your mistakes).

Does this learning from mistakes bonus apply for all of us? (ie I am set to cast on a 4+ on the first go, will this be bumped to a 3+ on the second go due to learning from my mistakes?) or was there something special that Malus99 did to earn this +1 on the second attempt bonus? Would be useful to know what it was, so that we can replicate in future rounds...

Don't be a munchkin?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Q. Learning from mistakes.
A. If it was a totally new spell (-2) the first time,
when you try again, it is not anymore so new (-1) (unless you side-effected Alzheimer).
If it was a spell known in theory (-1), after you tried it, it becomes unusual (+0) (unless it was totally new the very same day, don't push too far, you need to document it a little bit).

If it was an unusual spell (+0) and you cast it every day during half a week, sure it becomes usual (+1).
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

It is proving very. very hard not to should "POWER OF METAAAAALLLL!!!!!" and raise my hands in devil-horns.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Cool :) so that means I'm up to a 3+ on my second casting if the first fails? (my spell was classed as 'spell known only in theory': -1, so it would go to 'unusual'?) Very good news :)

Don't be a munchkin?

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I just realised I never mentioned in my post, Kairus stayed in the middle of our camp to think over his spell, but I didn't intend for him to perform it there (I don't want the others to wake up the next morning to find a dragon footprint in their midst, that might cause a little confusion and distrust) - I intended for him to walk out into a secluded spot on the grass plain.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ all
About PM to each other.
That's fine to spend casually a few minutes to chatter with someone. It could go unnoticed. I.e. the first PM does not require to be mentioned.
However, in case your discussion flourished to a point that would realistically be spotted by someone suspicious (like, err, every other Candidates), then please mention something, in a more or less covert way, in your next day's post.

If you talk by transmission of thought, this is a spell (communication, an easy one). You should let me know, if only just for the sake of the possibility of a miscast ;) .
Thanks.

@ Syjahel.

1st spell.
As I understand, you cast a spell to find ore.
A.+1 Knowledge.
B.+1 as it was mentioned in your fluff.
C.+1 as you don't need to find ALL the deposits but just to find some.
D.+1 at breath's distance.
E.+0 hours.
F.-2 level 1.
G.-1 it's Monday.
H.+0 minutes of preparation
I.-1 the pendulum will be destroyed in the process - you'll have to craft a new one.
J.+0 concentrated.
K.+0 detrime(n)tal effect chosen because the total A thru J makes 0.
Total is +0. But the fluffy description entitles you for a bonus.
Therefore, you'll need only 2+ to cast it rather than 3+.
As you need if for what follows, I'll do it right now.
I just rolled 5. Easy success. With such margin, you gained 3 lumps of iron and 1 of copper.
For the detrimental effect, I just rolled 3. The smell of the seals disturbs your stomach, especially after the discovery of the stinking corpse of a seal.
Till the end of the week, because of the sea breeze which recalls you the seals, your stomach will allow only bread or rice. And there is no rice here.

Second spell: the pentacle.
A.-1 magic object.
B.-1 pentacles are common fluff, but not yet a GW spell.
C.+0 can't take the result in your hand.
D.+2 touched.
E.-1 lasting days.
F.-2 for level 1
G.+0 nice place, wrong time, but let's pretend it is offset by the consumption of another component.
H.+1 lenghty process.
I.+0 precious component (in addition to the mundane component).
J.+0 shouting and using whole body; however, only light concentration.
K.+1, a teerrible side-effect will partly compensate for the current -2, which makes a total of:
TOTAL = -1.
However, the nice fluff provides another +1, therefore you'll cast on a 3+.
If it fails, the hydra's acid will be tried instead...
But the result of this will be posted along with the other ones.

@ Kinslayer
What you wrote in your gaming post is what you did.
Your OOC post above seems to be an attempt to edit. :twisted: Or am I mistaken?
Hey, don't worry, mate, I understood correctly. ;) Your dedicated place will be away from the village.