The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I assume it's fairly evident, but just in case it's not - the spell Fury of Khaine (High Elf Version) is from the current High Elf Army Book :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Kinslayer wrote:Well in that case I am staking my claim over Azyr (Heavens) now ;)
I was wondering if it was useful or not to limit to a single mage per magic domain. Considering not to do it again.
Comments welcome in The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Lessons Learned

-=-=-

Red... wrote:I assume it's fairly evident, but just in case it's not - the spell Fury of Khaine (High Elf Version) is from the current High Elf Army Book :)
You were right to specify.

Dance of doom:
A.+1 B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 (till 24:00) F.-2 G.+1 (CoB) H.+1 I.-2 J.+0 K.-1 (mild) total +2.
Rolled 4, cast, side effect 4, the bow string makes a strange music for half an hour, till Helleryia understands how to make it stop.
Helleria will benefit from DoDoom in addition to the shield (total 3+ ward save).

“enuciated “ words with “constantants” definitively sound archaic, indeed. ;)
Fury of Khaine.
The Fury of Khaine is a magic missile with a range of up to 24''. If successfully cast, it strikes its target causing 2D6 Strenght 4 hits.
A.+0 B.-1 (well done) C.+1 (for the trial) D.+0 (visual) E.+2 F.-2 G.+1 H.+0 I.-2 J.+1 K.+0 total +0+fluff, 2+.
Cast 3 times. First roll 6, outstanding, side effect 1.
2nd roll 2, merely cast, side effect 5, aggressivity.
3rd roll missed with 1, side effect 5 again.
Cast a 4th time (aggressive) 3, cast, side effect 3, that becalms you. :mrgreen:

Evening:
Fury of Khaine.
A.+0 B.+0 (thanks to the training) C.+0 (you want it accurate) D.+0 (visual) E.+2 (quick) F.-2 G.+0 (normal ground) H.+0 (5+1 min) I.-2 J.+1 (dramatic) K.+0 total -1+fluff, cast on 3+.
First attempt: 6, perfect hit on the buckler. Side effect 5, no miscast. <hiccup!>
However, Dance of Doom + magic buckler work perfectly, too, and the attempt is failed! Everyone sees that the magic missile was bound to hit but was diverted at the last second.
Second attempt: 1, miss (epic fail). Side effect 1, hallucination. Epic fail, but the ward save worked fine. :)
Third attempt: 3, hit. Ward save 2, the buckler was hit indeed. Side effect 5, aggressiveness.
Result: buckler arm hit with (2D6 Strength 4: rolled 7 hits, 5 wounds). Buckler evaporates. Parry save failed, too. That did hurt the girl’s arm a lot, and she fainted. Don’t worry, it last only 6 seconds, then it autoheals (even the buckler). This time, the crowd applauses.

After two more attempts, it will become a well known spell (B+1). Recall it to me each time you cast it.

-=-=-

@ Smiler
Miscast fix.
One miscast can be healed with a permanent healing.
A.+0 (healing) B.-2 (new) C.+1 D.+2 E.-2 (eternal) F.-2 G.+1 H.+1 (long spell) I.-1 (mundane comp) J.+0 (average) K.+1 (terrible) total -1. No particular fluff bonus, cast on 5+ because of your low I (4). Rolled 3. Side effect 2, spasms. These spasms have 50% chances to ruin any long spell (cast in hours). The spasms will last... forever (as the spell was permanent).
And with all of this, you have failed your healing. Next time, call a professional.
Had it been a success, you would have gained your I. But, well…

Small fireball.
A.+0 B.+1 C.+0 (accurate) D.+0 E.+2 F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 I.-2 J.+1 K.+0 total +0+fluff, cast on 3+.
Rolled 4, side effect 6, tired.
The apple is cooked in Ghurk’s mouth. Ghurk is burnt as well, but swallows the apple. After a few seconds, he heals his burns.
The crowd considers it a success. To Marcelus's relief.

Oh, and don't worry for the pale. Ghurk cannot die for one year.

@ all
Waiting for Malus99 to post before I write the whole story.
Red... and smiler666 can post again if you want, to adjust, taking into account what you read here above.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Calisson could you give me a tally up of my remaining components after this task is finished please as I have completely lost track now. I believe before this task started I had two phials of elven blood and one lump of her father's flesh?
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Malus99 wrote:Calisson could you give me a tally up of my remaining components after this task is finished please as I have completely lost track now. I believe before this task started I had two phials of elven blood and one lump of her father's flesh?
IIRC, after your spell, you still have one mundane and one precious components.

Spells
Reanimating rain: J+1 is too hard, you cannot keep a total concentration on your spell and act otherwise (such as casting another spell). Make it J+0, pre-total -1, K+0, total -1. Fluff added, that makes it cast on 3+. Rolled 3. Side effect 4, loud noise: this zombie growls loudly all the time – till midnight.
No bonus for practicing chillwind, Kala already knows that spell by heart.
Rolled 4, cast easily albeit not that accurately.
Side effect 2, pestilence. That zombie stinks, really, you should considered a fresh one.

@ all, I left enough time for the first candidates to try to best the last ones.
One attempt each seem enough for you. I shall proceed.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

How long does a light wound take to heal itself then bossman?
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

smiler666 wrote:How long does a light wound take to heal itself then bossman?
Calisson, in The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Fourth challenge, wrote:A healing spell effectiveness depends on C. Area of effect.
-1: light wound => transforms the mortal wound into a deep wound – the victim is still impaired but his situation does not degrade anymore.
+0: deep wounds => transforms the mortal wound into a light wound – the victim acts normally except for strenuous work.
+1: mortal wound => heals the mortal wound.
There is also an option to cast three time a spell for healing a light wound. The first time, the mortal wound will become deep, the second time the deep wound will become light, the third time the light would will heal.

Note that the healing only lasts as long as the spell.
- If you heal until midnight, all effect is lost afterwards, and the slave will resume dying in 4-6 hours, diminished by the time already spent.
You would have to heal again just after midnight (this is a legitimate option, if you wish).
- If the healing lasts several weeks, that is long enough for the wounds to heal naturally, and the healing is definitive.
It takes 1 week of rest to heal a light wound, 1 more week to heal from a deep wound to a light wound, and 1 more week to transform a mortal wound that was stabilized somehow, into a deep wound.
- If you cast three "cure light wounds" rather than one "cure mortal wound", the duration of the three "cure light" need not to be the same.
I suggest to make the last one last longer, taking advantage of the improved knowledge of healing wounds.
As a result, you'll not need to recast everything after midnight. At sunrise will suffice.

If your Magic Lore does not specialize in healing, never mind. Use your imagination and find a way.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

ta Cal
Opus vos liberaverit
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

sorry, second question: is it possible to spend time preparing a spell, then do something unrelated to the spell, then cast the prepared spell?
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

H. Casting duration.
-1: 1 second preparing the mind; 1 second dedicated to casting
+0: 5 minutes preparing the mind (allows multiple casting of same spell - no demanding activity such as combat during the preparation); 1 minute dedicated to casting
+1: 9 hours preparing the mind (light activity allowed, interruption for a couple of minutes allowed); 3 hours dedicated to casting (no interruption or resume from the start)
As long as your something is light, that's fine. Casting another spell is not light.

@ all
Very busy week starting tomorrow.
Good thing for me, bad news for TMRS.
I'll be less reactive, possibly no active at all.
I expect to have more time the following week.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

TMRS very idle lately. Not only for me.
Fed up? :(
Pit situation too unconfortable? :twisted:
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Sorry Calisson - not been intending to neglect this, but like you have had a very busy week or so - hope to be able to do a proper post early next week - hope that's okay? Sorry about this :(
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, smiler666 seems to have been busy, too.
We've lost a RL week already.

I'd really like TMRS to be over by Christmas, one way or another.
I will try as much as possible to solve the pit by a single course of action.
In order to achive that, please PM me your course of action rather than post it, in order that the other one would not have a blatant advantage.
What I'll do, when I know the actions made by either Metarchis or Marcelus, I'll let the other one know I've received the PM (not telling the content). Then I'll wait 24h more and resolve it all.

If neither one has done anything on Monday night, Kaladeth will be the winner and that will end TMRS.
Quasim would discover in the morning that everyone was rotten dead in the pit.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Calisson wrote:please PM me your course of action rather than post
when I know the actions made by either Metarchis or Marcelus, I'll let the other one know I've received the PM (not telling the content). Then I'll wait 24h more and resolve it all.
FYI
Inbox - Message
To: Calisson
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Subject: TMRS pit 6(?)
as you say I have been buisy (not even got much of a break over the weekend ) so I'll just post up actions rather than fluffs, sorry

Marcelus will (...)
Red... wrote:hope to be able to do a proper post early next week
What about a quick, non-fluffy statement of intentions?
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

winning by default would be a rather disappointing end, I want to thoroughly woop someone's ass to win!
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Ok, will ensure to have a PM sent to you by Monday at the latest.

Don't be a munchkin?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Malus99 wrote:winning by default would be a rather disappointing end, I want to thoroughly woop someone's ass to win!
That's the spirit! :D

@ Red...
Whenever you're ready. For a change, we can skip the fluff.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Inbox - Message
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 pm
Subject: TMRS pit 6(?)
as you say I have been buisy (not even got much of a break over the weekend ) so I'll just post up actions rather than fluffs, sorry

Marcelus will cast a small spark on both the rope tying his wrists and the rope holding Metarchis, hopefully sending him into the water or at least hard into the spur. He will then climb his rope and escape out of the pit, casting a quick fireball to break Metarchis's consentration if he looks to be preparing a spell.

The better part of valour
Inbox - Message
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:59 am
Subject: TMRS pit fight
I believe this is the final showdown for the current pit fight, so Marcelus will throw hisself into the fight as hard as his dwindling strength is able. However if, Sigmar forbid, Karius does land a killing blow then:

He was done for. Time seemed to slow down as Marcelus watched the beast mage's big paw descend toward him. He had suspected that he would not be the one leaving the pit from the start. It didn't make accepting it any easier. He wouldn't let hisself be obliterated from the world without a parting gift though. In the last seconds before a man he didn't even know the name of took his life Marcelus opened his mind, gathering up all the power he could, not just his own wind or just in the pit, he gathered up all the magic energy his mind could reach in it's last moment of lucidity, felt it well up inside him, felt his mind split as it became too much. Then realeased it.

Spell: ... Erm ... Boom?
Intended affect: one uber-overkill-bigass-last-second-monster-self-inflicted miscast, in the most literal sense going out with a bang

Only post this up if it is required (i.e. Karius wins the fight), otherwise I will keep it for the next time Marcelus is in a position where he could well be doomed. Ta
I had a moment to sort this out. I tried to see if smiler666's input was enough. It was.

@ smiler666
Bye, Smiler. Nice final fireworks. 8) At least, you played the pit.
See you in TMRS2, now posted? :D

@Red...
Finally, I had enough with Smiler's posts.
You can use your available time directly for the next quest.
You'll get another chance for the pit anyway.

@ both
Of course, if you want to add some fluffy conclusion to the pit, feel free to do so.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

It's been good playing, and I think I'll definitely join in for the second round - especially with the added awesomeness of playing any race :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Wow, sorry and thanks... finally managed to limp my way to getting some internet access (outside of the clutches of my mother-in-law - a woman who makes Morathi look positively benign), only to see the outcome played out so spectacularly without me! Looks like the gods decided to give me a lucky and probably undeserved break!

I'll take the time now to do my post for the next task :)

Don't be a munchkin?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Ultimate challenge.

@ Red...

Dance of Doom.
A.+1 B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+0 H.+1 I.-2 J.+0 K.-1 total +1.
Rolled 4, cast; side effect 5, short lived drunkeness.
Result: 5+ws against all attacks till midnight.

Rune of Khaine.
A.+0 B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 I.-2. J.+ K.+0 total +0.
Rolled 5, cast; side effect 3, vomit tendency till midnight. (rolled: it did not happen during the oath :roll:).
Result: +1 attack.

Touch of Death.
A.+0 B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 I.-2 J.+0 K.+0 total +0.
Rolled 4, cast; side effect 3, nothing more.
Result: KB.

Fury of Khaine.
A.+0 B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 I.-2 J.+0 K.+0 total +0.
Rolled 3, cast; side effect 2, pestilence (next time, try to puke far from your belly ;) ).

Comment:
All these spells seem easy to cast.
However, note that they have any effect only by touching the victim, contrary to most mage spells.

@ Malus99
I was puzzled.
During the day, spell casting.
The oath was supposed to happen at the end of the day.
Apparently, you started with the oath.
I'll try to solve it the best I can.

Reanimating rain:
Cast, side effect aggressive (for the zombie).
Rolled that the ceremony is interrupted by the zombie, who has to be held outside. No big deal.

Inbox - Message
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:55 pm
Subject: Preparation for the final battle
(...)
P.S. Out of nothing more than idle curiosity, would there perchance be any corpses around? My dead rivals or their servants?
Result of (...): dread visions for a few days; vomit; stink; spasms; severe aging (physical); hallucination.
Good luck to roleplay all of this during the ultimate fight!

Also:
No corpse in the pit.
Kairus and "Smiley" Karl are gone.
Everything else, I've got the general idea, will solve in due time.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Last pit.
Here are the intention received.

Basically, Metarchis placed all his hopes in his superior combat abilities (prepared during the day), but that required him to reach the spur first.
Sent - Message
To: Red...
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 pm
Subject: Re: TMRS - Final pit
Hi, Red...

What I understand from your PM:
- Metarchis does not cast anything from the water.
- The only order given to Helleryia is to watch out for Rast. If he tries to intervene in anyway, Helleryia will charge him and kick him into the water.
- Metarchis swims as fast as possible to the spur.
Inbox - Message
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 pm
Subject: Re: TMRS - Final pit
Hi Calisson,

Many thanks for this. Yes, that's exactly right. The only additional detail is that - as per my main post - Helleryia has also been tasked with distracting Kaladeth while until Metarchis reaches the spur, by shouting and waving her arms etc.

Meanwhile, Kaladeth had prepared bounded spells (i.e. magic objects) which allowed her to arrive in the spur very quickly.
A thorough plan of action provided Helleryia's death and reutilization.
Surprisingly, everything went on according to the plan, or close enough.
Sent - Message
To: Malus99
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am
Subject: Re: Preparation for the final battle
Malus99 said:
We can imbue ordinary objects with spells, so why can’t we imbue an area of our skin in the same way?
See TMRS2 for making a potion: that's a one-trick pony.
Two spells to cast: "magic object", then the real spell.

Magic object:
A.-1 B.-1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 I.-2 J.+0 K.+1 total -2.
Rolled 6, it worked. Side effect 5, no miscast, but you get a dread vision during a couple of days (please post during the battle).

Binding Spell:
a: +1 Protection, it is creating a barrier to contain the spell
b: -1 0? Cast this binding spell before (Well, Khel did, but same character) to bind the magic missile to my ring
c: +1
d: +2
e: 0
f: -2
g: 0
h: 0
i: -2
j: 0
total: 0
Rolled 3, side 4 (noise when you cast).
Please tell me more about the effect.

I will cast this with my short spells until it succeeds

Then I will imbue it with a Nagaira’s falls spell:
a: +1
b: 0? I’ve used it a few times now
d: 0
e: +1 6 minutes so that it lasts long enough to get me out of trouble and allow me time to cast a short spell
j: +1
total: -1
Rolled 1, miss. Side 2, stinks.
Rolled again 1, re-miss. Side 3, pukes. Avoided puking during ceremony.
Rolled 6, cast. Side 2, already in effect.

(...)
The idea of this is to give me a quick ticket out of trouble, I can whisper a word to activate the spell (Which will require no casting since it was cast now, whispering the word will only undo the binding spell releasing the falls spell) and it will whisk me out of harms way for a short period. If I still have a short spell left then can I bind a second spell into the rune? If so then I will add a word of pain to it:
a: 0
b: +1
d: +1
e: +1
j: +1
total: +1
New magic object, Rolled 1, missed. Side effect 2, spasm.
Rolled once more for magic object, 5, cast. Side effect 3, severe aging (physical).
Rolled 4 for the spell itself, cast, side effect 1, hallucinations.
Inbox - Message
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 pm
Subject: Re: Preparation for the final battle
Well the basic idea is that now, since all the spells have been cast, the rune on my shoulder contains a word of pain spell and a nagaira's falls spell. So at a word from me at any time I can release the binding which will then release the spell to be used. So the rune now acts as a little carry-case which contains these spells which I've cast earlier and saved up for later, so I've cast a word of pain now and later, in the fight for instance, I can say something like 'Pain' and it will release the word of pain spell it holds. Like how my doombolt ring works.

I thought it would be unfair if this wasn't a one trick pony because otherwise I would basically never have to cast nagaira's falls again because the rune contains a 6-minute version and if it doesn't dissipate after being used and I can use it again like the doombolt then it means I can permanently be floating on a cloud of darkness without having to cast again.

So basically now I have one stored up 6 minute/affects one person/visual distance nagaira's falls and one 6 minute/affects one person within breath distance word of pain spell. At any time I can release these spells which will be instantly and automatically cast on the person I select.

It's literally a 'here's one I made earlier' and thats how I envision them working.
Inbox - Message
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 pm
Subject: the final battle
Hey there Calisson, the big moment! I will immediately Speak the word of unbinding to release my Nagaira’s falls spell bound within the rune on my shoulder (but I am leaving the word of pain in reserve for now) so that instead of swimming Kala can simply ascend on a pillar of darkness towards the spur, guided by the torchlight flickering there. This should only take a few seconds (but I will manoeuvre slightly to come from an unexpected angle and rise as quietly as possible so that if someone is waiting for me I don’t get ambushed) once floating above the spur and being able to plainly see Helleryia I will unleash the power of my doombolt ring, directing all of its power against Helleryia (although if Metarchis somehow manages to appear on the spur before me then I will direct half the shots at him and half at Helleryia). I assume this will at the very least very deeply wound Helleryia if not outright kill her, if she is still alive then I will direct Rast to attack her whilst I manoeuvre to within 2 metres of her (above her so she cannot reach me but I can still see her) and cast a word of pain (Cast one, I’m not releasing my stored word of pain yet)
Word of Pain: (I assume I have my components with me and the magic horseshoe)
e: +2
g: -1 (I assume my cloud of darkness is not the most stable platform in the world)
h: -1 (very short casting, 2 seconds)
i: 0 (I will hold the horseshoe and use a vial of blood assuming that using my last mundane component and holding the horseshoe will give me 0 as both add a point to this score)
j: 0 (I assume that 2 seconds of concentration, shouting and arm waving will be ok, I won’t dance around in case I fall off)
total: +1
If this is failed I will continually re-cast it but will not use any more components beyond holding the horseshoe until it is successful.

At all times I will make sure I don’t give Helleryia a chance to attack me, if she is about to hit me and I am not casting I will move out of the way on my cloud of darkness.

Once the word of pain is a success I will hope that Rast manages to kill her off (Which, with her WS at 1 and deeply wounded he should do quickly and easily) but if he doesn’t look like he will kill her before the word of pain runs out I will cast a doombolt to finish her off:
Doombolt:
e: +2
g: -1
h: -1
i: -1
total: 0

and I will keep casting this until she dies.

So the aim is to kill Helleryia, I assume that if Helleryia dies that even after the magic that kills her has worn off she will stay dead because the mundane side effects of her being dead (heart stops beating, brain stops functioning, stops breathing etc) will remain as they are natural by-products of her dying not directly caused by the magic so I assume her heart will not start pumping again after the magic wares off. If she would come back to life, then Rast will throttle her with his vastly superior strength to kill her ‘properly’ before she comes back to the land of the living.

After Helleyria is dead Kaladeth will descend towards the spur on her dark magic express, get off onto solid ground and pick up the bag and study the contents, she will then cast Nagaira’s reanimating rain in order to bring Helleyria back to life on my side in order to kill Metarchis for me.
Nagaira’s reanimating rain:
a: -1
b: +1 (at last I’ve finally cast this enough for it to be well known!)
d: +2
e: 0
h: -1
i: -1 (holding my horseshoe)
total: -1
I will cast this until it succeeds and Helleryia is successfully risen to my side to fight against Metarchis.

The ultimate aim of this being that Helleryia dies and then is resurrected on my side before Metarchis even reaches the spur and when he does he will find us three waiting for him. Of course, if Metarchis has some way of getting to the spur before I kill and resurrect helleyria then I will have to change some of this but let’s cross that bridge only if we come to it. That is my plan for the first half of the fight, I didn’t know how far ahead I should be planning so I laid down my main idea for how the fight will go, if it is resolved in multiple stages and mod posts then that gives me time to adapt my plan and fine-tune it (and write some evil and fluffy posts!) but if not then I am prepared to RP almost up to the point where Metarchis reaches the spur, assuming everything goes to plan.
I guess that the only reasonable conclusion is: Well done, Malus99 :D
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

MUAHAHAHA!!! If you want to go through me you will have to kill your girlfriend Metarchis because she is now under my control!!! :twisted:

Yeah I know I'm being in-character evil and all but I have to say, at this moment, I feel pretty despicable
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

No nice last IC fluffy post before I close TMRS?
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Calisson wrote:No nice last IC fluffy post before I close TMRS?

Half a moment dear moderator! Put the whip down :lol:

It's up now
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Impressive! :P
Thanks a lot for the effort.
Let's see if Red... finds a way to avenge his beloved Helleryia. Who knows?