Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Now playing 
Author Message
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kairus felt new strength flood through his veins, which suprised him because he had intended to cast his enchantment on the naked Life Mage and not himself. Still, the spell had somehow been successfully cast and was affecting himself, and he was not about to let the oppertunity go to waste. For all he knew it could be affecting them both. He strained his arms like a caged bear and felt the rope bindings fray and snap, before suddenly his hands were freed completely. He lifted them like trophies into the air, clawed fingers outstretched, and howled at the Dark Mage, forgetting for a moment his intention to cast another spell. It was then that it suddenly hit him, a wave of painful cold that sent him tumbling backwards and over the edge...

Curses to Kurnous! It seems the Dark Mage saw that coming! Why didn't I see through her bluff!

The water hit him like a yhetee high fiving his face.

Ouch! That's cold! That's really cold!

Faintly, he heard the splash of a somewhat lighter Druchii hitting the water as well. It had to be Artemii, the Dark Mage must of got lucky and hit them both with her spell. A moment later, Kairus caught the faintest sight of a flash of light through the darkness of the deep water, no doubt something Artemii was casting to help herself see or perhaps fight back. It gave him a sense of direction, of which way was up and which way was deeper. The cold water was seeping in through his leather breastplate and raven feather cloak now, causing him to act with a sudden urgency.

And why in Kurnous name did my enchanted breastplate not deflect the hit? It sure as heck worked in the practise demonstration for the iron tyrant!

An angry wolf like rumble echoed in his throat as Kairus began kicking his legs, pushing himself up towards the light of the surface above, already plotting his immediate revenge.

His hands began weaving into arcane patterns, while he silently intoned a new incantation. It would take him a minute to reach the surface, and no doubt a couple more to swim towards the shore. Plenty of time to prepare himself for the short lived spell he intended to follow. However, just to be on the safe side and in the hope that Kurnous would aid him now in (quite literally) his darkest hour on the island so far, he also pulled one of the black raven feathers from his pocket. The mundane item would help him cast his spell.


Kairus will cast The Curse of Anraheir on Kaladeth and the island of land inside the cavern until he is back on it - to hopefully cast Kaladeth off it and stop Artemii getting her foothold back until he is there as well (just in case the girls have a quick chat and gang up on him). He is using a mundane component.

(This spell from the Lore of Beasts gives a to hit penalty to the target AND makes all terrain dangerous (or more dangerous in this case!) so hopefully she will fall and slide off into the water, and miss us with any attacks)


Components remaining after this spell;
Raven Feathers: 2/4
Cold One Claws: 1/2
Hydras Tooth: 1/1


Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:46 pm
Profile
Scourge
Scourge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 am
Posts: 656
Location: A torture dungeon in Suffolk
Post 
Kala howled with triumph as she cast her spell and saw it pitch both of her opponents into the pitch-black waters below. Her deception had worked to perfection, now all she had to do was exploit it to its fullest potential. Now then, the first point of order was freeing her hands, she would try a spot of sorcery first to see if she could free herself quickly, if not, then it would have to be the old-fashioned way.
Raising her voice, Kaladeth screamed out a prayer to the mistress of a thousand cuts in a miniaturised version of a spell she had learnt long ago during her apprenticeship at the convents. With the force of her will, a tiny blade of dark magic materialised in the air, and with a flick of her thoughts she sent the honed edge of obsidian impossibility into the bonds about her wrists.

Free at last, she allowed herself a haughty sneer of triumph, the casting had taken mere seconds, and during that time she had heard the wet slap of bodies hitting the water, followed by the floundering sound of someone trying to surface in the turgid depths of the pool. Now that she was free she could deal with some unfinished business, namely the two little fish flopping about below.

Summoning the powers of her ring as she walked, with exaggerated care, to the rough centre of the small platform, Kala considered how best to employ its deadly effects. A smug smile spread across her face as a plan began to form. Beginning a longer intonation, Kala surrounded herself in a vortex of dark magic that swirled and cracked, flickering tendrils and whisps of Dhar began to twine together into a writhing ball of shadow and madness that resembled nothing so much as a pile of jet-black slugs swarming over a cabbage. The fetch rapidly took shape after that, a bat-like wraith of little substance that went winging off into the darkness when Kala whsipered lovingly into its ear a single name:
Kairus

Gathering the energy of her ring, Kala prepared her final blow.




Woohoo magic extravaganza!

Spell1: Miniature version of bladewind intending to summon a single sharp blade to cut the bonds around her wrist, cast immediately after chillwind and since it only takes a couple of seconds she should have it cast whilst her opponents are still trying to flounder to the surface in the water below, before they have a chance to start swimming or casting anything:
a: 0 aggression again?
b: +1 (Can I have a bonus because its not only a well known spell but a very lesser weakened form of said spell. Pwetty pwease? *Puppy-eyes*)
c: +1 (aiming at my bonds)
d: +2 (Touching with both hands)
e: +2 (6 seconds is plenty of time since even if the bonds repair themselves after the magic wears off my hands will be free and out of them)
f: -2
g: 0
h: -1 (Very quick spell)
i: -2
j: -1 (can I have a 0 since she is shouting and intensely concentrating but can't move her arms much, she'll even add in an enticing little body wiggle into the bargain since that is all she can manage in the way of a dance in her trussed up state.)

Since this takes so little to cast and shouldn't have any serious or long-lasting side effects to speak of Kala will cast it as many times as she needs to be successful, since even if it takes a dozen 2-second castings that will still be quicker than D6-Dex+5 minutes



Right so the second part of my magical onslaught (once my hands are free) is highly theoretical and I don't know if Calisson agrees with my logic here or not but if my doombolt ring's range is visual then can I cast a sensory spell to "target lock" on my intended victims to guide the doombolt? Since dark magic is not exactly predisposed towards summoning great shining orbs of light and the like.

So could I cast a fetch in order to locate my opponents and use that to guide the doombolt? This spell is taken from the Malus Darkblade book "Lord of Ruin" (strange how I can remember bugger all when it comes to exam time but I have an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of Druchii lore and sorcery fluff) which says: "It is nothing to summon a fetch and have it search for you, providing you have the subject's name" so since I have my enemy's names I can hunt them down with a fetch.

a: +1 for knowledge?
b: -1 for theory spell
c: +1 affects only Kairus
d: 0 (The equivalent of visual distance I assume since It is within that sort of area but seeing how the fetch seeks out its prey through the sorcerous resonations of the being's one true name I assume it does not require me to actually see the target, otherwise the spell would be useless)
e: +2 (It should only take a few seconds to find him)
f: -2
g: 0
h: 0
i: -2
j: +1 (Shouting, intense concentration and a dance -Johnny Depp style Futterwacken- so that she gains the largest possible casting bonus without putting herself at risk of stumbling and falling over)
total: 0

If this is cast and the shade finds Kairus then does that mean I can cast my doombolt from the ring automatically aiming it mainly at him (but since the doombolt ring targets 2+ people then Kala will also direct a few stray bolts at Artemii since that handy flashlight will reveal her location to me) ? So basically all I need to do is cast this one spell and then I can hurl my auto-doombolt? That's my plan.

If the fetch-casting fails then if she can Kala will aim at Artemii (and Kairus if he is suffieciently illuminated) with her Doombolt ring when the orb of light reveals her position)



Sorry Kinslayer for targeting you, but you are the most vulnerable. Nothing personal. And a moment ago you were teaming up with Drainial to take on poor little me two-to-one so no hard feelings, eh?

_________________
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.


Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
Kairus was in dire danger. Where was the surface? His eyes were searching frantically the faintest light.
Suddenly, he believed to have found it. He sped up his swimming towards that direction. He was so certain to swim upwards that he started to prepare his next spell – his revenge.
However, the surface was not there. He realized his mistake as his eyes would see the same light in any direction. He was lost, he could be anywhere in the chasm, and air was getting short.


On the spur, Kaladeth had magically cut her bonds, with chirurgical precision.
Now she tried to catch some direction with the occasional plough made by some swimmers, but the general lapping in the cave did not allow any precision.
She nevertheless prepared herself to cast the avenging spell which would guarantee her victory and, more importantly, her survival.
The idea was to summon a daemon to provide a direction for her ring to do the job.
She did the incantation as best as she could. However, despite her efforts, there was no result.
She tried again. This time, it worked! She had summoned a dark fetch, which provided her with the direction of her foe.
There it was, on the surface of the water, a vague silhouette barely afloat. Only one silhouette? Yes, only one. Never mind, she released the power of her ring.


Artemii was also in jeopardy, albeit less immediate. She was breathing, but very soon the cold water would kill her.
The first thing she did was to gain time. She triggered her staff to regenerate the heat that the sea was slowly taking away from her. It worked. It was delicious.
Meanwhile, she started to swim in what she believed to be a straight direction. As she did not touch anything for an incredible time, she almost believed that she was swimming circles, until she managed to hit a rocky vertical wall. Meanwhile, the slow swim had allowed her to concentrate for a lifesaving spell: light. She had to find out some natural stairs to the spur, or die.
Her staff was now spreading the scent of her favorite flowers. If that had to be the last perfume she would smell in her lifetime, that was exactly the one she would have chosen. She felt revived anew with the smell.
She felt now that she was ready to get some light. Her first attempt failed, however. In distress, she saw her whole life rewinding as she became again the small girl adopted by the forest.
Suddenly, she heard the voice of Kaladeth, summoning some disgusting dark spell, probably at her.
No! She could not end here, in that horrid island. She tried to cast her spell again.
The second attempt worked perfectly. She illuminated a large part of the cave. Enough to see, on her right, that the platform on the North end of the spur was at a few yards.
Her vision was suddenly caught by the grin of a daemon rushing directly at her. No time to react but a horrible scream. She was so badly hurt that she fainted.
Her staff regeneration was now exhausted. She drowned.
The forest girl had met her fate in an ocean cave, under an island where no tree would ever grow.


To Kaladeth’s surprise, the target she had given to the ring started suddenly to glow a faint light.
The demon Karaidon that she had summoned rushed on that target and hit it fiercely, again and again.
That voice? That was not Kairus. Artemii? The light had now fainted. The targeting daemon was gone.

Out of his ring, the daemon Karaidon was happy! Target hit, target destroyed!
He was so happy that he started to ring bells on the ring. Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong!
The cave resonated with the bells. Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong!
It would never cease. Ding, Dong, Ding, Dong!
The only thing Kaladeth could do was to leave her ring on the floor, and step away carefully in order not to reveal her position, in case Kairus would be somewhere or Artemii would have survived.
She spent the next half hour with her hands on her ears – bless Hekarti to have freed her hands – until the last stroke of midnight.
Finally, no more sound.
During the rest of the night, no sign of her two former acolytes could be seen. She took the time to recover the ring by groping.
In the early morning, a single rope was sent through the pit. How do they know?


Kairus had tried his best. He had lost. He accepted that it was time for his mortal hunt to end and prepared for the everhunt.
Suddenly, Kairus felt something that was touching him. And again. Weirdly, it was now licking his armor.
With his hands, he felt what it was: a seal.
He grabbed a fin. The seal carried him in deeper depth, as the pressure on his already damaged ears could testify.
Kairus kept his grab for as long as he could. The air was so short, he suffocated.

When Kairus woke up, he was on the beach next to the village. A guard was slapping his face. Hey, are you alive?
He sat, shivering, painfully vomiting salt water.
A seal was nearby in the water. Kairus could swear that he was from the same family as the one he had taken the hide as an armor.
Above him, he saw his friend the sea raven. He could swear that the raven was thanking him for delivering the sea birds from so many harpies.
He took a deep breath. Thank you Kurnous. Life was so fragile, so uncertain. He would make sure not to waste a minute of what was left to him.

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Fourth challenge

In the morning, the five remaining Candidates found a slave impaled in front of the door of their shack, the mouth gagged.
The cold wind made the impaled slaves shudder, contributing to accelerate slowly the fatal issue.
The Candidates noticed that, with an exquisite attention, each slave was the very same that they were attributed for the evening trial during the second day.
Puzzled, they gathered in front of the tower, eager to discover the meaning of this unrefined torture.

Kaleth Silverjaw arrived finally, with his usual escort. His face was even darker than before.
He told them about the casualties during a battle, and the necessity to restore mortally wounded warriors so that they can fight again.
The day’s task was simple: to get back a slave in working condition.
Alternatively, the candidates could zombie the deceased slave, or animate him like a puppet.
Or let it die and create from scrap an animated scarecrow, using the slave as a mere spell component as he died.
The slave - or puppet - would remain at the service of the Candidate. They would need him in the following days.

You're lucky that our Life Candidate is no longer with us, she would have had the upper hand.
Carry on!



<OOC:
Each slave has a mortal wound.
If left on the pale, the pale will kill him in 48 hours.
If removed from the pale, the inner hemorrhage will kill the slave in 4 to 6 hours.

In case you wished to join your dedicated place, you better find a fast transportation:
The slave cannot walk. Not even if a part of the pale is left inside.
The slave can be transported. Preferably if a part of the pale is left inside.

A healing spell effectiveness depends on C. Area of effect.
-1: light wound => transforms the mortal wound into a deep wound – the victim is still impaired but his situation does not degrade anymore.
+0: deep wounds => transforms the mortal wound into a light wound – the victim acts normally except for strenuous work.
+1: mortal wound => heals the mortal wound.
There is also an option to cast three time a spell for healing a light wound. The first time, the mortal wound will become deep, the second time the deep wound will become light, the third time the light would will heal.

Note that the healing only lasts as long as the spell.
- If you heal until midnight, all effect is lost afterwards, and the slave will resume dying in 4-6 hours, diminished by the time already spent.
You would have to heal again just after midnight (this is a legitimate option, if you wish).
- If the healing lasts several weeks, that is long enough for the wounds to heal naturally, and the healing is definitive.
It takes 1 week of rest to heal a light wound, 1 more week to heal from a deep wound to a light wound, and 1 more week to transform a mortal wound that was stabilized somehow, into a deep wound.
- If you cast three "cure light wounds" rather than one "cure mortal wound", the duration of the three "cure light" need not to be the same.
I suggest to make the last one last longer, taking advantage of the improved knowledge of healing wounds.
As a result, you'll not need to recast everything after midnight. At sunrise will suffice (don't forget to gag the slave again before midnight).

If your Magic Lore does not specialize in healing, never mind. Use your imagination and find a way.


This is Thursday. Good omen for Marcelus Lycanius and Metarchis Avax - and Artemii's ghost.

One post per candidate. This time, you can edit at will.
When everyone has posted and at latest Sunday morning, I will post the results.
The next step will be to determine who goes into the pit.
This time, there will be only two of you.
A poll should designate the selected few. The "speed bonus" will be only 1%, that will only influence ties. Speed bonus will be based on last edit time.


Hope you apreciated a true Druchii plot! :twisted:
>IC

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 am
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kairus awoke with a gentle tapping on his skull. His eyes fluttered open, squinting against the bright morning sky above the island. He was laying on his back. Something cold and wet brushed against his feet for a moment and then receeded. He coughed, and a small fountain of water spluttered from his mouth. The tapping on his skull started over again, and he shook his head and let out a long groan. Then the cold was touching his feet again. He heard a loud caw beside his ear, and then realised the tapping on his skull was his friend the raven, trying to wake him up. With another loud grunt of effort, the Beast Mage pulled himself up into a sitting position, and realised he was on a beach. The cold tide lapped over his feet once again, reminding him with a sudden chill that his clothes were damp and freezing.

The seal... it saved me. Is that even possible? This must be a sign from Kurnous. He must want my hunt to continue.

Kairus pushed himself up onto his feet, and then, still dripping wet, made his way up the sand bank towards the iron tower.



When he arrived, the rest of the Mages were milling about in the camp. Something seemed to have caused some sort of commotion, but he had little interest in that at that moment in time. He caught sight of Kaladeth, and was careful not to look the Dark Mage in the eye just yet, for no doubt she would think of him as an enemy. He wanted to go back to his cabin and warm himself up, dry out his clothes and get some foul black bread to fill his stomach. He chuckled to himself as he realised his torso was almost bone dry, and that his seal skin breastplate was waterproof as well as magic missile proof. He reached his cabin door and was suddenly shaken out of his thoughts by a most unexpected sight.

There was a slave impaled on a wooden stake outside his door, with a length of rope around his mouth to stop him screaming.

"And what are you doing here?" he asked for no particular reason, before taking a look around and noticing that everyone else had a slave kebab as well.

So that's what all the fuss is about.... This must have something to do with our next quest...

And sure enough, the iron tyrant descended from his tower not long after that and told them why the slaves were there. He also confirmed that Artemii was dead. Considering the next task, and the fact that their allegiance had been temporary at best, Kairus decided it was probably a good thing for everyone else that the naked Life Mage was no longer, ironic as it seemed, alive.



The tyrant told them they would have to create a whole and working slave, one without a wooden pole shoved up his gut. Kairus didn't suppose he had the means to heal such grevious wounds, for although the lores of Ghur and Ghyran had their similarities, they were not at all the same. His power lay in controlling and calling upon natures creatures and the wrath of Kurnous, not with the aspects of life such as growth and healing. Perhaps he could make a few modifications to the slave though using his magic, to turn him into something that could be controlled.

And then the iron tyrant said exactly what Kairus was already thinking. A scarecrow... how magnificent an idea!

I'll just have to make sure it doesn't frighten off my friend the raven.



The Beast Mage turned away from the others in silence and stomped back to his cabin, leaving a trail of water droplets and sodden footprints behind him. Those footprints would be of no use to him today, and he knew there was no way he could take the slave all the way to his dragon footprints out on the meadow. The poor bugger would probably die before he got there. Instead, Kairus would have to work from his cabin. And that gave him an idea. He walked back up to his slave and looked him up and down, turning his cheek left and right as he took in the general size and shape of him. He had to know how much stuffing he would need.

The Beast Mage then went back to his cabin, shut the door tight and ensured all the windows were not open, that the room was completely unescapable. He reckoned anyone hearing what would come next would wonder what the hell was going on in there.


Kairus will cast the flock of doom inside the cabin - to create enough crows as can be plucked to have enough feathers to stuff a man. Those will have to last the rest of the week.


Next, Kairus set about the task of catching birds and wringing their necks. He did that for an hour or so, ensuring he had enough birds to use, and then spent another hour plucking them. He collected all the feathers into a pile on the bed, where the wind from outside would not steal them. Then he slipped back outside and removed the slave from the stake with a sickening squelch and barely concealed scream. A few eyes had turned in the direction of the cabin, since they had no doubt heard a whirlwind of sqwarking birds and flutting wings. He intended not to let anyone see his work of art until it was complete.


Kairus will take the dying slave inside his cabin and shut the door. He will then spend a few hours preparing a spell, whilst dancing and chanting around the slave, so that Kurnous might draw his great bow and hold the slaves spirit at arrow-point, refusing to let it leave his body and pass into the realm of the dead. He also asked for some sign that his will had been carried out, so that he didn't kill the slave by accident. He was no necromancer after all.

Once he was sure the slave would not die, he opened the stomach and pulled out all the gory bits that would no longer be needed. Just like gutting a fish.

Then he stuffed the hollowed out slave with crow feathers instead. Just like stuffing a turkey.

Finally, he would draw a thread from his cloak and inravell it to the desired length, before using it as string to sew the slave shut again.



Now he had his scarecrow, half alive but still not under control. The next step was to ensure the wretched thing would do his bidding. The Beast Mage strode over to the cabin door and opened it ajar. He walked outside and whistled to his raven. He had built some trust with the bird, but if he had to call upon yet more of Kurnous' blessings to get the bird to come to him then he would do so as quickly as possible. Now he was going to put the bird to good use.

Kairus will summon his raven, either with a whistle or with a magical bond. He will take it gently and carry it back inside the cabin.

Next, Kairus would cut open the head of the slave with a knife if one was present, or using a serated arrowhead from his shortbow if not. He would open up the skull of the slave and scoop out half of the brains. He would take out the free will, the memories. He would leave behind the ability to do, the ability to serve. Then, when he had made enough room, he would prepare another spell.

Kairus will merge the spirit of the bird with what remains of the body and mind of the slave. He will spend a few hours preparing this, dancing and chanting with the bird in his hands, and will end up by slitting the birds throat and letting its blood drip into the head of the slave. He will then seal up the head again, with magic or a needle and thread.



If everything worked, and Kurnous heard his prayers, he should then have a newly reincarnated raven friend, in the form of a slow witted yet strong and able scarecrow slave!


Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:14 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Again noone had decided to join Marcelus by his campfire, so he had packed in at around midnight and headed to his bed. He slept fitfully, the hallucinations he had been suffering since the harpy cave had infected his dreams and he had been plagued with images of whinnying ants and roaring sheep so he woke none too happy. Forgoing breakfast he stepped outside and was immediately glad of the foresight, as the man he had trapped in a fireball the night before last was now fully healed except for the pike protruding out his chest, spasming every now and then as the wind made him move slightly on his flagpole.

Deciding that the man's fate probably had something to do with today's challenge, Marcelus head off to the tower post haste, he was not wrong it seemed, as the faceless noble announced that their job was to prevent the slave from dying, and preferably restore them to working order. Marcelus already had an idea forming, it was based on similar magic to that which created the 'zombi's he had heard of that the tribes deep in the southlands used for basic labour.

Marcelus approached the spitted slave with hands raised, talking low and patiently to keep the poor man calm, "Try to stay still, friend, I am going to help put you back together but I can't do so if you keep wriggling," the slave stiffened, though the movement caused him to spasm again so Marcelus decided it would be best to remove him from the problematic spur, he grabbed the slave's arm and tugged sharply. The slave came free of the pike with a wet squelch followed quickly by a scream which Marcelus would not be surprised that Khaine hisself took notice of, he kept hold of the slave's arm to stop the man collapsing and, after few minutes of psyching up, pulled one of the vials containing a firefly out of his apron, crushed the bug vial and all, and thrust his hand at the slave's new orifice while calling out to the winds and the heavens for aid.

OOC:
spell: (very) low powered fireball
component: firefly (mundane)
target: the hole in the slave
distance: one hand touching
duration: I assume any affects the spell has will disappear by the end of the duration, so the length of time it takes to get to Marcelus's altar
intended affect: cauterise the slave's wound so he doesn't die on the way to the altar
will try again without a component if it fails the first time, or the second time, or the...

IC: The slave didn't seem happy with having his insides burnt to a crisp, but at least he would not die in the too near future, so Marcelus only had to half-drag the man across the island to his little frozen fire on the seaside. Along the way they chatted, apparently the slave's name was Karl and he too was from the empire, coincidently just outside Altdorf where Marcelus hisself had grown up, they shared a couple of amusing stories about a mad hermit who had unwittingly entertained them both as children and some gossip about the doings of the emperor and the church, so it didn't seem long before they reached thier destination.

Marcelus asked Karl to lay down across a flatter part near the edge of his glass altar and close his eyes while Marcelus prepared a spell. After a few mumblings when, he was sure Karl had closed his eyes and relaxed, Marcelus reached down, took hold of his new friends head, and smashed it backward into the smooth, hard glass below. Karl let out a small groan, then lay still - hopefully not for long. Sitting back and continuing his chanting, Marcelus reached back into his apron and pulled out the hunk of amber, he placed the semi-precious stone inside the cavity the pike had made in Karl and sat back.

After what he assumed was a few hours he uncrossed his legs and stood up, Marcelus began to walk around poor Karl's corpse and chant.
"Blood and flesh, sinew and bone,
fuel the fires and feed the forges,
Feed new life into this warmthless shell."

He continued for some time, then placed his hands over the hole in Karl and closed his eyes.

OOC:
spell: reanimation
component: amber (precious)
target: Karl the slave
distance: two hands touching
duration: I'll try for a year on the first go, if that doesn't work then a week. and if that doesn't work then till midnight will do
intended affect: create a magical, lifegiving fire in the pike-hole to restore motor function to Karl - under Marcelus's control of course

IC: Marcelus pulled his hands away and watched Karl, for a moment it seemed as though nothing had happened and he was about to curse and try again. Then Karl's eyes suddenly flew open, except instead of eyes there were two roiling balls of flame. "Turn... Me... Loose"

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:06 pm
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Baltimore
Post 
Wakening to see the naked slave girl - the very same who he had selected from the crowd of slaves for his earlier task - Metarchis felt a surge of rage boil up within his veins.

How dare they hurt this girl thus? Khaine himself had blessed her with his protection, just two days earlier, and in so doing had annointed her as one of his chosen. There will be to hell pay for this...Still, I am in a position of weakness here. Vengeance will come, in time. For now I must wait, and play these childish games...But there will come a time, oh 'Silverjaw', when you will regret your folly against this sacred daughter of Khaine. It may come from my hand, or from the hand of another. But the bloody handed god will ultimately avenge himself.

Stifling his anger, he stood and stared as the arrogant master of ceremonies came and provided his dictates for the day's task. Metarchis listed carefully, his jaw grinding up and down as he tried to concentrate on the complexities of the task. The act of restoring a life seemed counter to most of his instincts and rudimentary knowledge of the art of Khaine, but try he must.

All I can hope is that Khaine's favour for this girl may aid me in this challenge.

Once the task master had departed, Metarchis stood for some moments, pondering the best way ahead. Then an idea hit him, and his thin lips cracked into the barest inclinations of a smile. He knew now what had to be done. Praise to be to Khaine.

Recalling that his sacred spot was not far away, and noting that today was an auspicious day for Khaine, Metarchis gathered together his pile of meagre possessions and set out for his cauldron of Blood, just an hour's walk away from the village. He knew that in his frail, aged state, he lacked the strength he would need to carry the girl, so for now he set out without her.

An hour later (OOC: 1 hour travel time total), he arrived at the cauldron and laid down his meagre possessions on the ground around him. He took his knife and cut a chunk out of one of the cold one skins that he had been carrying, and stuffed it into his mouth, chewing on it like a stick of that sweet tasting high elf concoction they called 'chewing gum'. He threw the remainder of the skin away, and then turned his back to the cauldron, lifted his arms wide into the air and began to flap them up and down, as though attempting to fly. At the same time, he stamped his feet loudly on the ground. He then spat out the skin and screamed loudly, his voice piercing through the air:

"I summon thee, mighty bird of blood, to do my bidding as a servant of Khaine!"

OOC:
Spell: Summon Harpy.
Target: In front of me.
Duration: Until midnight.
Intended effect: Summon a harpy and bind it to my will.
Other information: Used a cold one skin; standing in my sacred place on my auspicious day.

(Component's remaining:
0/4 Human skulls (mundane)
1/2 Cold One skins (special)
1/1 Dragon's eye (precious))
These are my calculations of what I have left, but if I have missed anything, just let me know!)

If this spell fails, Metarchis will try again and again until it is successful, but without using additional components. I will write the remainder of the post in the assumption that the spell is successful on at least one of these castings.

IC: With the harpy summoned and bound to his will, Metarchis set back out for the village, harpy following along obediently behind him. Upon arriving at his hut, an hour later (OOC: 2 hours travel time total) he motioned for the harpy to pick up and transport the girl on the stake. The magnificent beast of Khaine lifted the favoured girl of Khaine onto its back with just a twinge of weariness, before following Metarchis once more as he set back out towards the Cauldron. Before departing, however, he stopped at the edge of the water by the edge of the village to half fill his stolen pot with water.

Upon arriving back at the Cauldron (OOC: 3 hours travel time total), he began slicing up the skin of his second and final cold one skin. Once this had been turned into tidy ribbons, he dumped it into the pot and spat on them. He then lifted his knife and clipped the tip of one of his fingers on his left hand, causing a small dribble of blood to drip down into the cauldron below. The cut was a small one, and it ceased flowing within less than a minute, preventing the need for Metarchis to bind or bandage it. Once the blood had been added to the mix, Metarchis hefted up the pot he had brought with him - half filled with water - and poured this into the cauldron. He then drew out his dagger and used it as a makeshift whisk, stirring and breaking up the ingredients within the cauldron. Finally, he painstakingly removed the stake from inside the girl and plunged this into the heart of the cauldron, so that the blood of the slave girl fused into the mixture as well.

After the cold one skin, spit, his blood, her blood and the water had mixed together as much as was immediately possible, Metarchis placed his dagger and the stake on the ground next to him and placed his hands on both sides of the cauldron. He then traced his hand over the makeshift rune which had been carved onto the side of the cauldron and began humming quietly to himself. He traced his hand over the rune, again and again, humming more and more loudly with every repetition of this action. Finally, he began to scream, emitting a loud, piercing wail that boomed out across the grove around him. It began as a wail of mourning, of grief to repent the loss of someone to death in combat or dieing of natural causes, but then gradually transformed into a cry of joy, to welcome home exalted heroes who had been thought lost in battle or hearken the overcoming of a terrible disease. At last, he stopped and with a simple sentence called the spell into existence: "Praise be to you, oh bloody handed god. Bestow onto this mix your gift of eternal youth and life. All hail Khaine!"

OOC:
Spell: Bloody rejuvenation.
Intended effect: Transform the bloody mix within the Cauldron into a pool of rejuvenation.
Target: the mix inside the cauldron itself.
Intended duration: The blood should rejuvenate those it touches for several weeks.
Additional notes: Used a Cold One skin; standing in my sacred place on my auspicious day.

Bit of further explanation: The spell draws on the fluff in the Dark Elf army book (p17 "The Cult of Khaine grows", p51 "Cauldron of Blood" and p66 "Crone Hellebron"). I know that only Morathi possesses the true secrets behind the rejuvenating bath water, however it looks clear from the fluff that a) the hag queens can replenish the pools of rejuvenation within their cauldrons of blood, they just cannot make thes effect of the blood last eternally in the way that Morathi can (p66) and b) the Hag Queens can temporarily rejuvenate each other with their own blood in dire emergencies (p17). That's why I added blood from the slave girl herself - Khaine showed that he had favoured her by sparing her from my thrown weapons during the bound item task - so her blood should be able to be used to reinforce and catalyse the rejuvenation process.

(Component's remaining:
0/4 Human skulls (mundane)
0/2 Cold One skins (special)
1/1 Dragon's eye (precious)
These are my calculations of what I have left, but if I have missed anything, just let me know!)

If the spell fails, Metarchis will try again and again, without using any further components, until it is cast.

IC: Once the spell had been cast, Metarchis placed his hands inside the mixture within the cauldron, cupped them together, pulled them out and then splashed the bloody liquid over the slave girl's finely crafted face. He then reached again into the cauldron, but this time splashed the mixture onto her neck and shoulders. Slowly, he splashed the mixture onto every part of her body.

This done, he stopped and waited. Assuming his spell had worked, the girl's wounds should now heal and she should be rejuvenated fully by the blood god, at least for several weeks. Looking down at her frail, injured form, he took one of her hands in his and clutched it tightly. The aura of Khaine was strong upon her face and he felt suprisingly connected to her female presence. He closed his eyes and prayed silently, wishing for the first time in his life for the wellbeing of another, and not just for his own gain. Perhaps this girl could be his partner in life, someone to share the joys of blood letting with, if only Khaine would let her live.

Please, oh bloody lord, restore your chosen vassal to health. I beg of you. For my sake and for hers, so that we may serve you together, as devoted acolytes of your magnificence.

This completed, Metarchis splashed the remaining bloodied waters over his own face and body, knowing that this sacred liquid will restore his youth and get rid of that cursed aging side effect that he picked up the day before (at least for several weeks, hopefully until the end of the trials). Metarchis then sat with the girl, protecting her from the elements with his body, until only several hours of the task remained. He then signalled for the harpy - still bound to his will and waiting obediently nearby - to lift the still recovering girl onto its back. The three of them then returned to the village (OOC: 4 hours travel time total), whereupon Metarchis set the girl down in his hut, released the harpy back into the wilds from whence it came, and waited to be summoned for the day's judgement.

OOC: Assuming everything has gone to plan, the final tally for the day will be: two cold one skins used up, one aging side effect reversed, one khainite girlfriend acquired ;)

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:33 am
Profile
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:42 pm
Posts: 9675
Location: Designing new breeds of Dragons
Post 
Vaelreth looked the impaled slave over and snorted "And what good is a slave to me? They're worthless, no point healing them... prolonging his pains on the other hand... This might be beneficial."

She circled around the pole on which the slave was impaled and started drawing a rough arcane symbol in the dirt around it. The slave and its pole was in the center of the symbol and the shadow sorceress spoke a simple arcane syllable, infusing the arcane ring with power and protecting it from being accidentally erased.

Once the spell was in place, she drew a dart that normally served as ammunition for her blowpipe. Still laced in the poisons she used the dart as a quill, and the slave's body as parchment. She started inscribing the slave's skin with magical texts, formulae designed to attract and bind creatures of shadow.

The preparation and inscription took her most of the day, but she had time. She had until dusk to prepare her incantations and make sure the slave was at least barely alive by the time the sun has set.

Finally when the burning sphere in the sky dipped beneath the horizon. Vaelreth began her spell. She approached the slave from the front and looked at its still seeing eyes. She grinned lightly and threw her hands up in the air chanting at the top of her lungs. Runes made out of pure shadow circled her form. The judges of this contest said that the slave will be needed in the following days so she had to take special care in making sure that the spell would last for at least the rest of the week.

At the apex of her chanting, her voice took a deep sound as if it wasn't coming from her throat. She opened her eyes, which turned into pure black spheres and both of her hands touched the slave's feet, channeling the pure essence of shadows into the body of her unfortunate victim. The slave shuddered and spasmed on top of the spike as its life essence escaped its body. But it didn't get far, the swirling shadows coalesced around the escaping soul and dragged it back to the ground, rooting it in the middle of Vaelreth's magic circle and infusing it with shadow power. The Shadow sorceress grinned to herself, a creature of shadows was now at her commands, much more powerful than a mere slave.

Throughout the process, Vaelreth was using up her material components like they were nothing, This had to work, or she'd lose the competition.

OOC:
1.
spell: Consecration of the place
component: most powerful component left to her (I honestly lost track)
target: Ground around the slave
distance: Two hands on the staff, drawing the circle in the ground
duration: until midnight
intended affect: Create a consecrated place as she did on the first day.

2.
spell: Infusing the slave with magic
component: most powerful component left to her
target: the slave
distance: touching the slave, carving runes in his skin
duration: until midnight
intended effect: Infuse the slave with power so he attracts shadows.

3.
Spell: Modified Pit of Shades (Call a shade out, instead of forcing people into the pit)
component: The Slave
target: The Slave
Distance: both hands touching
duration: At least until the end of the contest
intended effect: Call forth a shade from the pit of shades, feed it the soul of the slave and bind it into service for a limited time.

_________________
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16


Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:58 am
Profile
Scourge
Scourge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 am
Posts: 656
Location: A torture dungeon in Suffolk
Post 
Kaladeth stalked towards her slave, smiling inwardly as she saw the pitiful creature's eyes widen in shock and fear as this object of most beautiful perfection and utmost horror swayed towards him. She studied it for a moment as she considered the problem before her, Dhar was not usually conducive to conjuring the more positive and beneficial aspects of magic, it was far easier to shred things into a thousand pieces than stick them back together again. So what spell could she use? A smile crept across her face and her eyes lit up as a faint recollection surfaced from the depths of her memory and swam into view. Stepping close enough to the wretched figure to feel its ragged breath upon her skin, she gently cupped its chin with her smooth fingers and turned its head to face her, she smiled and caressed the slave's cheek lovingly, like a mother comforting a small child.
"Hush now, it'll all be ok," she whispered soothingly as she gazed into his eyes, and was rewarded with the faintest glimmer of hope shining in their depths. They stood transfixed for a dozen heartbeats, staring, before the slave's eyes rolled back into his head and his eyelids fluttered closed, as Kala drove the steel edge of her dagger into the man's heart.

Stepping swiftly away from the corpse so as not to stain her clothes with the filthy creature's unclean blood, she began to prepare her ritual. Raising her voice in an ululating scream, Kala began to dance in a circle around the corpse, her body undulating sinuously, her legs kicking out and her arms waving in the air above her, all the while her banshee-like wails writhed in the air like a living thing, the piercing screech sending shivers of delight down her spine.

And it wasn't only the sorceress who was moved by the ritual, as she danced Kala noticed the faintest twitches of life shuddering along the broken form of the dead slave, tangles of magical energy washed across the corpse and its cold skin rippled and crawled with unnatural tremors.

As she chanted and danced the sorceress began to feel stirrings in the winds of magic, their presence responding to her call with faint wisps of energy that curled around her body like an affectionate serpent, as her ritual continued the wisp turned into a breeze, and the breeze into a gust, and the gust began howling in strange harmony with Kala's voice as it transfigured into a fully-fledged gale of power that lashed at the surroundings with the force of a winter storm. A crackling spiral of magic twisted and spun around the sorceress in a whirling crescendo of energy that tunnelled into the heavens above like a drill. Kaladeth was now screaming at the top of her voice and her ritualised dance had taken on a frantic, frenzied edge which made it seem wild and forceful, unlike the careful and controlled steps she had been tracing before. After hours of incantations Kala stomped her foot a final time and came to a stop directly infront of the corpse, which was now violently shuddering as if it were in the grips of a seizure.
With a wordless howl of triumph, Kala hurled one of her phials of elven blood into the sky. The roaring whirlwind of Dhar magic swept the small glass bulb into the sky, which was now the colour of a dark bruise above the spot she stood upon. The phial swirled higher and higher, buffeted this way and that by the tempest of sorcery. And then it froze. It hung suspended in the air for a moment, as if for the briefest fraction of a second it had been disassociated from reality and now hung in a whole other world entirely, blanketed in a jarring silence completely at odds with the howling of the storm a moment before.

There was a flash of lightning, and the phial cracked, splintered, shattered, the blood within exploding in a fountain of crimson vapour that was soon carried off into the heart of the storm, the howling rage of Dhar reasserted itself in a tidal wave of noise that would knock an elephant flat and the storm raged with even greater force than before.
Kala felt a warm droplet of blood strike the curve of her forehead. Languidly it rolled across her cheek and traced the corner of her nose, before softly alighting upon the corner of Kala's lips. A dainty pink tongue gathered the sanguine droplet into her mouth, tasting its rich layers of flavour. Smiling, Kaladeth stepped forwards towards the corpse trapped upon its pale like a pig on a spit. She felt the cold skin writhing against her body as she embraced it, felt the racking sobs beneath her as it heaved and spasmed. She rested her forehead on the lifeless man's shoulder, her arms draped around him, and waited.

Above her, the winds began to abate, the torrent of noise slowly died away as the storm stilled. There was a moment of absolute, perfect silence.

And then came the soft patter of rain.
Fat, greasy drops, tinged with corruption, came down in a soft shower that rapidly became a deluge. As the first drops struck the corpse, Kala felt its paroxysms of agony still. With a triumphant laugh the sorceress took a step backwards and turned her face to the sky, bathing in the downpour, letting it sluice away the blood she had covered herself in during her brief embrace with the dead man. Dhar responded to the ecstacy she had found in her success, the winds leapt up once more and howled around the two figures in their midst with unbridled ferocity. Kala turned her gaze once again to her slave, her hair whipping about wildly, lips twisted in a cold smirk. The corpse began to move. Arms flexed and limp fingers curled into fists, the dead man raised his head, his eyes opened slowly and painfully, like someone waking from a deep sleep, and they burned with a sickly green glow of frightening intensity. Straightening as much as it was able on the spike, the revenant grasped what it could of the object impaling its body, and with inhuman strength, began to heave its body off the spit. Stiff dead fingers scrabbled for purchase on the slick, wet surface, the animated corpse straining with all its might to free itself. Inch, by painful inch, it slid off the pole, until it landed heavily upon the ground, crumpling to its knees.

Kaladeth walked over to her creation, reaching out, she cradled its head against her belly. Around her the storm died away with surprising speed, as if it had never existed, the sky above clearing to a crystalline blue. The sorceress tilted her revenant's head upwards to face her, she bent down and whispered lovingly in its ear, then she straightened and stepped back, an encouraging smile upon her face.

"Rise."



Nagaira's reanimating rain:
Intention is to form a raincloud above the corpse's head which will give a quick shower of rain, this rain reanimates the corpse and is based upon the spell Nagaira uses in Lord of Ruin to reanimate all of the corpses inside Ghrond to assail the defenders with. If it is succesful then my happy little cadaver will come back to life and serve me as a mindless zombie slave.
a: -1 (command and/or transformation)
b: -1 (taken from the Malus Darkblade book 'Lord of Ruin', I love nagaira, she is a brilliant mine of mystical spells and knowledge)
c: +1 (Affects only my corpse)
d: +2 (she is clutching the target with both hands in an embrace both at the start of the spell and when it is cast, can't get much closer than that)
e: -1
f: -2
g: 0
h: +1
i: -1
j: +1
total= -1

methinks I will need a spell to rectify some horrible miscast after this :^S I know it will likely be a very long-lasting and horrible side effect but I am prepared for that and so afterwards will cast a spell to cure myself of this

if this fails then Kala will retry the spell but have it last only till midnight and only with a 5-minute casting and no components used, she will then keep recasting the spell until it succeeds

Also Calisson I was rather curious about the contents of the bag in the pit last night and I was intending to use Nagaira's falls to zip down to the surface of the water to retrieve it if possible whilst I was idly waiting to be hauled out of the pit, but obviously I didn't want to cast that spell and go hunting whilst my enemies might still be alive and me in possible peril so I was going to wait until my spells were resolved and I found out if I had killed anyone. Is it still too late to back-track a tad and allow me to do a brief search for the bag whilst I was waiting in the pit? she would go down to the water with nagaira's falls and fish it out with another spell I've nicked off nagaira from the lord of ruin book and perhaps try to locate it (if the sound of it hitting the water and Artemii's ball of illumination didn't give me clue enough) with the fetch spell?



OOC: May be slow in posting over the coming few weeks as my first batch of exams are coming up starting next week and so revision takes precedence.

_________________
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.


Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
Fourth day summary.

The village was busy throughout the day.

Marcelus went out of the village with his slave.

Metarchis went out of the village. Alone.
One hour later, he was back, carried by a harpy.
He soon left the village again, the harpy carrying his she-slave.

Kairus went in is shack. Shortly after, the shack exploded and a cloud of dark feathers covered the village, before the gentle breeze carried most of them away.
He moved to the Life Mage now empty shack and pursued his efforts.

-=-=-

At the end of the day, Kairus was eager to show his incredible creation: a scarecrow made of the former slave, stuffed with crow feathers.
Stinking, squeaking, but sturdy, very sturdy. And attracted by fish.
It was hard to tell who was the most exhausted, from the scarecrow or his creator.

Vaelreth had stayed in the village, too. She spent most of the day drawing symbols around the pale in front of her shack. She was not even disturbed by the dark feathers rain.
At night, her slave had apparently turned to a shade. She seemed not happy with it, for some reason.

Kaladeth remained in the village, too. After a day's meditation, a dark cloud gathered over her shack and an impure rain started.
She seemed to like the shower, as she cast the same spell again, and again.
At the end of the process, the slave had turned to a zombie. A clean one.
Did she sing Yippee Yipppee Yeah?

Shortly before the night, Marcelus came back with his slave, which was moving slowlier, groaning hoarsely and stinking. The slave had been properly zombied.

Metarchis was the last to come back, along with his slave. Contrary to all other slaves, she seemed perfectly cured. She would even talk endlessly. However, it was now unclear who was bound to who, the Khainite or the she-slave?

-=-=-

As the ten beings gathered in the early night towards the tower, the five Candidates looked suspiciously at each other's creation, boasting innerly that their own was far superior.
Kairus looked extremely exhausted from his week.

To be followed on the poll: Who goes into the pit? Day 4

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
Fourth night, in The Pit.

When all votes were cast, Kairus and Vaelreth Velkyn emerged as the ones who would be the least trusted to bring back the deceased for another fight.
To be turned into a scarecrow, or worse, into a mere shade was not a fate that appealed the voters.
A true healing seemed to be the preferred wish. A zombie state was a lesser evil for most.
Kairus and Vaelreth had now to decide together in the pit which one would continue the challenge. For the other one, that night would be the last night.

-=-=-=

Kairus was showing the strains of the week’s previous challenges. He was still wounded from the harpy expedition (light wound); he had severed lungs (lost some Strength), frail bones (Toughness) and severed earbones (Dexterity); his hearing was impaired; he experienced occasional visions of feathers; and he smelled awful. But he had one asset: he knew that Kairus himself hunted along with him. His trusted armor saved his life already, albeit not in a way he would have anticipated. In anticipation of a need for the night, he had his ingredients at hand (3 common, 1 unnatural) and his weapons.

Vaerleth was in far better shape. Only her excessive aggressiveness betrayed the tension of the week. Occasionally, she would feel some spasms. She wore her circlet of steed of shadows. Her remaining ingredients were available (3 common, 1 precious) along with her weapons.

-=-=-

Quasim the Master Assassin, six guards and two torch bearers went to get them.
The two mage apprentices were calmly bounded and gagged. Not only they could no longer not move their arms, but they could not even whisper.
They started nevertheless to think about their first spell, in anticipation of the deadly fight that was coming soon.

Two guards went first into the pit, with a torch. Next, the two Candidates were hauled down.
In the middle of the spur, the torch was laying on the floor, next to a small bag. The light allowed the Candidates to examine the cavern.

-=-=-

The cave was shaped roughly like a cone, with the pit at the top.
The diagonal of the cave was materialized by a flat rocky spur, on the middle of which they were left standing. The spur orientation was North/South.
The top of the spur was a platform 20 meters long and 2 meters wide, except at the North end where it enlarged into a 4 meters wide circle.
On both sides of the spur were chasms filled with salty water, East and West. The cave was obviously directly linked with the sea through both chasms.
At the highest tides, half a meter would remain above the water. With the rather steep slope on both sides, the spur could be 6 meters wide at lowest tides.
Several uneasy accesses from the sea to the spur were available in case anyone fell into the water.
The platform where they were walking, making the top of the spur, was humid and slightly slippery.

-=-=-

The two Candidates were guided to the opposing sides of the spur, Kairus North, Vaelreth South.
Without warning, a bag was placed on each candidate’s heads. Now they could not see anything anymore.
As they were readying their first spell, they heard the guards telling their comrades: Hoist us! Hurry up!
Nevertheless, the dim light appearing on the bag’s bottom remained, indicating that the torch was left in the middle of the spur.


<OOC.
You entered the pit one hour before midnight.
The night will end when becomes obvious who will not get out of the pit.

Vaerleth WS2, S3, T3, D5, I5. Staff, Blowpipe.
Kairus WS3 - S3 - T2 - D3 - I4. Staff, Short Bow.

Each of you has a rope entangling his hands, a gag, a bag on his head, and no equipment other than your magic object, weapons and components.
You can walk normally if you can see, with extraordinary precautions if your sight is blocked.
You can try to get your hands free; it should take (d6 – Dex + 5) minutes. Once they are free, taking away your head bag and gag will take no time.
In the water, the survival rate is no more than (d6 x 5 min +Toughness) minutes, and it takes twice as long to untie the bonds.
You can cast whatever spell you wish, before or after freeing your hands.
You can push each other into the water. However it is quite difficult to push a reluctant person lying on the floor. Especially if your hands are attached. Especially if you can’t see your victim but he can hear you.

Carry on!
>IC

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:22 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kairus cursed as he realised he was in the pit yet again, this time opposite Vaerleth Velkyn, the Shadowmancer. He knew those practitioners of Shadow Magic were not to be trusted, for they were most deceptive and mysterious. There was only two of them on the spur in the cave, so there was no chance of talking and winning sides. They would just have to fight it out, one on one. Kairus wasn't so sure he liked the idea of a prolonged fight with the Shadow Seer, for he knew what slippery tricks they were capable of. Wasting no time at all, he thought back to his first spell upon the island and decided that if he could do it back then, he could do it again.

"Kurnous, father of Beasts who has blessed me with your strength and guidance thus far, don't abandon me yet... GIVE ME STRENGTH!"

He roared the last words like an ogre, feeling the sharp touch of his precious item, the tooth of a saced Hydra, upon his skin, where he wore it as a charm on a length of chain.


Kairus will cast a 6 minute Transformation of Kadon upon himself using his precious component, shouting to Kurnous but unable to wave his hands. The Beast Mage would become the mightiest of dragons, bursting straight out of his bonds and blinding sack as he roared and expanded, twisting and becoming a magnificent beast of epic proportions. A beast so vast he could sit one clawed hand upon the rock and not fall into the water, whilst he beat his mighty wings. His head would roar and bellow fire up the cone shaped creek above, intending to singe the eyebrows off any of the Iron Tyrants men who might be peering down from up above.


Kairus will then proceed to eat Vaerleth whole.


Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:04 pm
Profile
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:42 pm
Posts: 9675
Location: Designing new breeds of Dragons
Post 
Vaelreth cursed loudly at the guards until they gagged her mouth. She was glad that the same fate awaited her rival. Bound hands were nothing new, but as the hood was pulled over her head, her entire plan went to the pit of shades. She had to get that thing off her face first, she had to see. Casting her spell blind would more likely than not result in complete disaster.

As soon as she was left alone, the shadow sorceress dropped to her knees to improve her balance. She knew that if the beasts mage charged her head-on, she had better chances of surviving, or even tripping him in turn, if she was closer to the ground.

Once on her knees she started working on her knots, her deft fingers unraveling the ropes as quickly as she could. Her mind raced through her repertoire of spells and she cursed quietly. Shadow magic messed with people's minds and even the spells that could cause wounds were only imaginary. Although mind is a powerful weapon and those wounds actually appeared on the victims' bodies. Sadly, the ropes were mindless and nothing would convince them that the shadowy blades she could conjure were real. All she had left were her own mundane skills.

As soon as the binds on her hands were removed she ripped the cowl off her face and looked up. Their guards were foolish enough to leave the opening to the cave unsealed. With one of her hands she ripped the gag from her lips and snarled at her opponent attempting to cast spells with bindings all over his body.

"I'll see you in hell, fool"

She concentrated on the circlet resting on her hand and looked up, beyond the cave and towards the sky... and left only an illusion of herself behind as she teleported her body up and out of the cave. Nowhere in the rules it was said that both contestants need to remain in the cave for the entire night.

OOC:
Unbind hands - hopefully faster than Kairus casts his 6 minute spell... then use my circlet to teleport outside of the cave laugh maniacally.

_________________
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16


Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:22 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
In the pit

As soon as the guards secured the bonds and placed the hood, Vaerleth cursed them mentally (that was the best she could do) and started methodically to untie her bonds.

Meanwhile, Kairus growled Wurwouf, foufour of wouf who houv wouffef wou wouf wouw wrouf ou wouwouw wouf four, woud ouwoudou wou woud... WOUWE WOU WROUFF!
Kournous knows all the languages of beasts. Somehow, he understood.
A fierce young black dragon was now standing where Kairus was once, spitting the poisonus content of its stomach. All bounds, bag, gag were destroyed in the process (as well as the hydra's tooth).

The dragon yummed greedily and spread his long neck towards the sorceress.
She could not see anything but could hear the closing nostrils. She was even relieved that the bag attenuated somehow the awful smell.
After a couple of steps forwards, the dragon licked its lips and swallowed entirely the poor sorceress.

After having been constricted throughout the dragon's esophagus, Vaerleth found herself in the acid bath of the stomach. She started to burn horribly.
Somehow, her hood was thrown off during the process. It was not possible to wait for the bonds to dissolve in the acid, she desperately tried what she had at her disposal: the circlet!

The circlet worked: they swapped positions, and instantaneously, the dragon found itself inside Verleth's belly... which exploded on the spot.

The dragon was rather puzzled. He swallowed the sorceress, did he? Why was she scattered in front of him? Was it another Shadow whim?
To be sure, he emptied his stomach on the large part of the spur where Vaerleth's remains were scattered.
The stomach was empty indeed. Its acid burned completely what could be recognizable from the remains.

That was Vaerleth's terrible end.

Taking advantage of his present shape, the dragon tried to get his head through the pit. Unfortunately, the pit was too narrow for the beast's many horns.
His stomach now empty, he could not even spit a rain of acid upwards. He growled loudly his frustration, so that the guards would know better and behave. In the cave, it resonated terribly.


Now relaxed, Kairus spent the rest of the night on the spur, soon to recover his original shape.

In the morning, the usual rope was sent.
Kairus surfaced, smiling, very proud of himself and thanksful to Kurnous.
The guards were showing signs of respect.

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Fifth challenge

Four Candidates were remaining.
Each of them had now a slave companion.

When they gathered like every morning, they discovered two square wrestle rings established in front of the tower: one East Ring, one West Ring.

Kaleth Silverjaw seemed in a good mood that day, despite the cold wind and the threatening clouds.
He explained that the day would see some action. The Candidates undestood that it was the reason for his good temper.
The task of the day was the follow-on of the previous day.
It was the demonstration that the slaves had recovered enough, to be of some military value.

Two slaves were to fight each other. They would be given a handweapon (axes, short swords and maces were available) and a buckler.
The idea was just to judge the ability to fight. Each combat would cease at the first wound, there was no need for unnecessary cruelty and the slaves were to be used again on the following day.
Of course, some magic could boost the military value of the slave.

The Candidates were given the day to train their slaves.
They would gather just before sunset.
As they arrived, they would decide in which ring they would fight.


<OOC
It would be nice to get names for the four fighters.

This is Friday. Neutral for everyone.
Like the previous day, the time of post/edit will serve to untie, at the end of the pit-polling process.
Indicate in which ring you want to fight. No more than 2 per ring. It means that as soon as there are two slaves in a ring, the remaining slaves have no choice.

One post each for the day's preparation.
You have time for one slow spell [H. Casting duration: +1: 9 hours preparing the mind (light activity allowed); 3 hours dedicated to casting] - but if it fails, no time to cast again.
In addition, you have time for a regular spell [+0: 5 minutes preparing the mind (allows multiple casting of same spell); 1 minute dedicated to casting] and if it fails, you can cast the same spell twice more - but not start another one of similar length.
Then you will have to move to the ring (indicate which one).
Before and during the fight, you will be able to cast quick spells [-1: 1 second preparing the mind; 1 second dedicated to casting].


The slaves have no fighting knowledge.
Girl slave: WS2, S1, T1, D2, I3
Karl the zombie: WS1, S4, T2, D1, I1
Other zombie: WS1, S4, T2, D1, I1
Scarecrow: WS2, S1, T3, D1, I2

When everyone has posted, we will RP the two fights.

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:25 am
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kairus awoke the next morning in his new shack, that which had previously belonged to his friend amongst enemies, Artemii. He wasn't sure how he had got there, for the last thing he remembered was roaring skyward as a black dragon and devouring the other Mage, before finding bits of her all over the cavern, and then the cold. He suspected he had transmutated back into his normal form, and landed in the water or perhaps hit his head upon the rock. Whatever it was, it had knocked him out cold for the rest of the night. It seemed the tyrants' men had rescued him after finding him the winner of the evenings duel, and brought him back to the village.

"Thankyou Kurnous" he muttered as he got up, "You provide for me once again. A debt which shall be returned with servitude, I promise."



This days task involved their slave puppets, and it seemed like they would have a couple of duels to score a wound against one another. The losers of those duels would be themselves thrown into the pit, even though it was their puppets doing the fighting. A small range of weapons were presented to them, and Kairus promptly picked up a mace from the assortment. Axes were good weapons, and a good tool for a hunter in any situation, but they only worked if you used them the right way around. Likewise, the flat edge of a sword was not going to do anyone much harm. Kairus didn't know how much skill his scarecrow would still possess, so went with the safer option. It doesn't take a genious to hit something with a club... he thought as he led his slave away to prepare.

What Kairus did inside his shack would be a mystery to all, for he made sure nobody could see in before he even attempted his first spell.

When he led his scarecrow to the fighting rings that evening, it was garbed in his enchanted breastplate and held ready its mace and buckler.

It's eyes were keen, like those of a hawk (or perhaps a cormorant). It stood ready in the arena for an opponent to accept their challenge.


Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 pm
Profile
Scourge
Scourge
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 am
Posts: 656
Location: A torture dungeon in Suffolk
Post 
OOC: Sorry guys but I don't have time to write out a nice fluffy post right now, my dad's birthday is tomorrow and I have an exam tomorrow so I'm abit busy right now so I shall simply state my actions:
My zombie is named Rast
He stopped functioning at midnight right?
So I will use the 9-hour spell to cast Nagaira's reanimating rain. Again. At what point does it become a well known spell? As this is the fourth time I've cast it in two days
a: -1
b: 0
c: +1
d: +2
e: 0
f: -2
g: 0
h: +1
i: -2
j: +1
total: 0

If this fails then I will use the normal spell attempts to cast it until it does succeed, if the spell succeeds on the first go then instead of using the remaining casting attempts I will use the time to further train Rast, concentrating on improving his WS.

Rast will take an axe and a buckler and be gifted with his mistress' magic ring and move to the wrestling ring not occupied by the scarecrow, which is West I believe, and await his opponent.

Are we allowed to cast offensive spells against the enemy slave or only allowed to buff our own pets?

_________________
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.


Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:05 pm
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Baltimore
Post 
Metarchis smiled down at the lithe form of Helleryia and kissed her fondly on the nose. He had been most satisfied by the outcome of the previous evening's voting, and after a good night sleep felt refreshed and reinvigorated, ready for the day ahead.

After taking a long, searching look at the weapons available, Metarchis selected one of the finely crafted short swords that was on offer and presented it to his newly acquired lady friend. She took it, smiled at him, and then made several crude motions with it in the air. Metarchis noted with approval her level of natural enthusiasm - surely this maiden of Khaine would be more than a match for her zombie nitwit of an opponent.

Metarchis motioned for Helleryia to pick up the buckler from table and then the two of them set out for his Cauldron of Blood, small bundle of possessions carried with them, located just one hour away. Here the two of them practiced duelling out of sight of the others, sparring with a mixture of her sword short, his dagger, his mace, her buckler and his Bloodshield of Khaine.

Finally, as the sun was slinking slowly downwards towards the horizon, Metarchis and Helleryia returned to the village. He held her hand as he escorted her down to the Western fighting ring, ready to cut the opposing rag-tag zombie thing into finely sliced pieces of raggedy flesh and bone. Prior to her entry, he handed her his Bloodshield of Khaine.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:20 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
West Ring.

Quasim entered the ring and asked for the crowd’s attention.
Ladies and Gentlemen! We have now two opponents in the ring.

On my left, let me present you the fierce, the merciless, Rast the zombie!

The drops of blood rain had left some marks on his skin, the pale and the dagger had left wide open scars, the corpse was rather disgusting.
After a few seconds, Rast realized it was about him. He rose slowly his axe and his buckler, and tried his best to cheer the crowd. Aarghlwgh!
The crowd booed and hissed, but Rast did not understand and outlined a constricted smile.

On my right, let me introduce the dangerous beauty, Helleryia the Witch Elf apprentice!
Encouraged by Metarchis, Helleryia rose her fine short sword and cut the empty air with two elegant passes which left behind an intricate rune, briefly evocating Khaine.
Her buckler was covered with inscriptions to the glory of Khaine. She yelled: Khaine, I want to embrace you! Make me frenzy with you!
She began skipping through the air like a care-free school girl, flapping her elbows like a chicken, and finally rocking her head backwards and forwards like a teenager listening to heavy metal. As she danced, she made loud squawking noises and produced the occasional burp.
Her attitude, both lethal and suggestive, pleased a lot the crowd which enthusiastically cheered and whistled and sent gestural indications of goodwill.
Only Metarchis frowned when he judged that the crowd was probably too enthusiastic for his jealous liking.

Quasim left the ring. Now, let’s start the fight!

Kaladeth coldly ordered her creation: Chop her! Metarchis did not have anything to say.
Inside the 6m x 6m ring, the two opponents prepared to clash. As Helleryia was turning around Rast, she arrived close enough for Kaladeth to cast a word of pain.
It failed. Helleryia was only cramped for a second and she did not realize what it was.
Actually, it was Kaladeth who shouted a frightened scream, staring at the horizon, irritating the crowd around her. Shut up!

Helleryia attacked first. She hit! She wounded! Rast's buckler did not parry.
Surprisingly, despite a hit which seemed very weak, the walking corpse had now a large new scar to his left leg, wide open even if not bleeding. Nothing that would bother him.
The zombie axe hit back, easily aiming at the chest. Wharlgrmeleb! The crowd looked anxiously as the blood was about to spread.
But with a last second reflex dive, the girl managed to escape the hit, she rolled around the zombie leg and sprang back on her feet behind him.
She waved aggressively her weapons as Rast was scratching his head, wondering where she had gone.

Quasim entered the ring once again and rose the girl’s hand.
We have a winner already! The crowd cheered enthusiastically.
Meanwhile, Kaladeth protested and yelled, trying to cover the crowd’s noise. No way, he’s not bleeding, the fight must go on!
With no new order, Rast realized that his victim was behind him. He raised his axe again and proceeded towards her. Goromblbl
Quasim asked Kaladeth Hey, stop that thing!
Eager to show her new talents, Helleryia jumped at the zombie and stroke again.
This time, the zombie buckler took the hit.
The axe fell on the girl’s left arm, very violently. But here again, the buckler parried the hit.
Not willing to interfere, Quasim left the ring. What would happen next was out of his concern.

Would Metarchis call his conquest out of the ring to safety, for the sake of making her a worthy Khainite recruit?
Would Kaladeth accept her loss and order Rast to stop?

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:51 pm
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3717
Location: Baltimore
Post 
Metarchis watched the fight with a nervous smile that quickly became a grin of triumph as he saw his khainite lady friend hit the zombie - coloured smoke steaming from her blade - and adeptly dodge his clumsy, lumbering counterstrike. His grin transformed into a mask of rage, howver, as he saw the Zombie turn and make towards Helleryia once more: How dare the sorceress of darkness allow her abomination to continue fighting?! His fears were quickly allayed, however, as he saw the sweat covered young witch elf apprentice stop the unchivalrous attack through a quick parrying motion with her buckler.

As the cowardly Quasim scurried out from inside the ring, metaphorical tail trailing between his legs, Metarchis stepped up to the side of the ring and called out: "Helleryia, return! There is no honour or blood to be gained from further fighting with this feeble puppet. We will save Khaine's wrath for less contemptible foes."

As he watched the apprentice bride of khaine withdraw slowly from the fray, walking slowly backwards so that her body was always facing that of her zombie opponent, Metarchis watched the actions of both the zombie and Kaladeth like a hawk. He stretched up one hand high in the air and frowned, making it clear to everyone around that even the slightest twitch of Kaladeth or her Zombie towards attacking Metarchis or his lady friend with either mundane or magical means would be met with instanteous magical retaliation. His other hand thumbed his sole remaining component - a precious sacrificed dragon's eye - inside his pocket, ready to crush it in aid of casting a spell at less than a moment's notice if necessary.

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:10 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kairus watched from the corner of the East ring as the zombie and the bride of Khaine entered the other arena. It looked like he would be facing Karl, the other zombie, reincarnated through flames as a strong and able fighter. Not strong and able enough to best Ghurk, however the Beast Mage casually thought to himself as he watched the other combat unfold. The Burning Mage was slow to reach the arena, no doubt also distracted by the sights and sounds of the other duel. Maybe he is trying to observe and learn how to spar... does he not realise it is already too late for him?

Kairus stood by the side of the ring and decided that rather than let the time pass by idle, he would begin to work his fingers in the complex patterns of an enchantment.


Kairus will began to call forth the power of Kurnous as he waits for Karl to enter his ring and begin the fight. He will use as much time as he can afford, but will cast the spell as soon as the other combatant is in the ring. He intends for Kurnous to invigourate Ghurk with the aura of a fearsome beast, hoping that Karl has some human fear left in him that can be exploited.


OOC - Punishment for making me wait :lol:


Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
OOC: very sorry, I have had very little time to do anything this week, I'll have a lot more over the weekend and hopefully next week. If it pleases the bossman I will just post the spells I intend to cast and forfeit any fluff bonuses.

Marcelus takes Karl back to the flame altar

Spell 1
spell: vaguely kindleflame-ish based theoretical spell
target: Karl's flame-filled chest cavity/Karl (whatever I can get away with)
duration: fight (until midnight?)
time: 9 hours/1 hour
component: firefly + consecrated place
Intended affect: Temporarily boost the power of the reanimation spell to make Karl more... well animated (i.e. ws/I/both boost)

Spell 2
spell: flaming sword of rhuin
target: Karl's mace and buckler (so he could now use the buckler as a weapon)
duration: fight
time: 5 min/ 1 min
component: firefly
intended affect: flaming weapons + feather filled scarecrow = another case of ambition fulfilled

During combat: If it seems as thought Ghurk is going to land a hit Marcelus will use his flame cage amulet to block the strike, it is powered by an animal after all and animals are scared of fire - I believe the word you're looking for Kinslayer, is touché.

Again, sorry I can't post properly

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:59 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
Kairus watched his opponent enter the ring, still chanting his enchantment until the last possible moment. Then, Kairus cast his spell, a twist on Wysans Wildform that would make Ghurk look even more intimidating to the dull witted zombie. He did not, however, order his scarecrow puppet to attack straight away. Ghurk paced left and right with his mace at the ready, ordered to stand fast until Karl made the first move. The zombie however, seemed to be waiting for Ghurk to do the same. This told Kairus that his opponent had prepared a defensive spell, probably followed by a dangerous counter attack. He knew the ways of Aqshy to be brutal and wild, if fickle and hard to control.

Instead of ordering a combat attack, Kairus told Ghurk to hurl his buckler at the zombie, freeing up his left hand but keeping his mace in the right.

Assuming this triggers the flame cage, Kairus will then have Ghurk step back out of range and retreat to his corner of the ring. If Karl advances on him and turns his weapons into fire, Kairus will have Ghurk lash out with his mace in an attempt to parry whilst shouting,

"Unleash Kurnous' Wrath!"


Touché.


Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
East Ring.

Shortly after the fight in the Western Ring had finished, Marcelus arrived, scratching his bold head, slowly followed by Karl the zombie, whose mace was bursting flames like a torch.

The whole crowd shifted to the East and gathered around the ring, except Kaleth and the Lady who were watching from the tower’s balcony.
Quasim crossed the fence and asked for silence.
Ladies and gentlemen! Please get ready for the second fight of the evening.

On my left, here comes – better late than never – Karl, the most friendly zombie pal that you’ll ever meet! See how happy he is to get such a bright candle!

With a large happy smile to his face, Karl recognized his name. He arose his flaming mace and waved it proudly.
Oddly, he moved toward Quasim, trying to kiss him. Quasim repelled him gently, rather embarrassed. The crowd whistled and laughed.
Don’t try to bribe me, Karl, I’m not a referee.

On my right, please admire a fantastic creation that you probably haven’t ever seen – and we may soon understand why. That incredible Ghurk is there for you to applause!

The crowd was mitigated. Unexpectedly, Ghurk stared all around, dropped his weapons and waved his arms, just like if he would have taken off away.
Kairus becalmed him by launching him a small fish, swallowed on the spot by the scarecrow. This triggered a roar of laughter in the crowd, which resulted in making the poor scarecrow even less at ease.
Kairus managed to put the weapons back in Ghurk’s hands, and gave him his last instructions before leaving the ring.

Now the two opponents were facing each other.
Ghurk the scarecrow remained still, staring at his opponent, not showing the slightest aggressiveness, visibly despising the fire.
Karl the friendly zombie took a defensive stance, pointing the flaming mace at distance rather than moving towards his opponent.
The combat was getting nowhere. The crowd started to hassle and boo.

Kairus started to cast another spell on Ghurk. Marcelus realized it and went around behind Kairus.
Before the spell had a chance to be cast, Kairus experienced a sudden pain between his legs, which interrupted and spoiled the spell and bent the mage apprentice.
That impudent Fire mage was going to pay. But first, his puny creation.
Anticipating a defensive flaming reaction, Kairus ordered his scarecrow to launch his buckler at his opponent. The scarecrow turned towards his master and replied Eeeer?
Kairus reiterated his order, showing with his arms what to do. Eeeer, Eeeer! was the reply.
But the scarecrow just let the buckler drop a few feet forwards, nothing threatening for Karl.
The crowd burst in laughter, and the poor Ghurst was shaking his head in despair.
Upset, Kairus ordered Unleash Kurnous' Wrath! as Karl was finally approaching Ghurst, threatening with his flaming mace.
This order was obviously better understood, like if it had been drilled during the day.
Ghurk’s face showed a strong resolve, he rose his left arm, the one which had left the buckler, and pointed it at Karl.
The arm took gigantic proportions, grew a point and became a huge spear. That mammoth spear suddenly departed and hit smiley Karl right in the middle, transpiercing the body before vanishing in the air.
To Kairus surprise, it did not trigger a flaming defensive reaction from Karl.
Poor Karl! It fell on the ground. Still smiling. But unable to do anything else than trying to gather the parts of his body that were falling apart. His bright torch was now laying on the ground.
Meanwhile, Ghurk seemed to had a serious hangover. He turned around, pointing his left arm at the crowd, who jumped flat on the ground as they were aimed at.
After half a minute, Ghurk recovered his senses and took refuge in one of the corners of the ring now deserted by the crowd.

Touché! said jubilating Kairus. He turned around and faced Marcelus. This was the time to get revenge from the un-chivalrous kick in the groin.

Noticing that the scarecrow did not seem willing to resume his feat, Quasim entered the ring and declared:
It looks that even if the scarecrow is the most frightened, it is also the most dangerous. I guess most people here will keep an eye on scarecrows, now.
I declare Ghurk the winner!

Meagre applauses came from the few who were still remaining around.

Now the show was no longer inside the ring.
How would Kairus and Marcelus solve their little disagreement?

The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Who goes into the pit? Day 5

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Last edited by Calisson on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:20 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8713
Location: Hag Graef
Post 
Fifth night, in The Pit.

The result of the day was obvious.
In the West, there had been a bitter fight, aggressive, a pleasure to watch (especially one of the opponents).
In the East, there was no show. The opponents were reluctant. The fight ended before the first hit.

The sanction came from above. Three claps came from the tower. Kaleth Silverjaw declared:
Thank you for the entertainment.
The goal was not necessarily to win but to demonstrate the fighting ability of your creation.
Two of you have made an excellent work. Metarchis and Kaladeth, you can rest tonight.
Two of you made creatures unfit for war. Tonight, you’ll have time to develop more aggressiveness, as you seem to show now against each other.
Guards! Take them off my sight, with their puny creatures.


Robust guards seized Kairus and Marcelus. They were promptly attached and gagged.
Karl was attached, too, it even helped reassemble him together; his smile increased.
Ghurk tried to escape but was tied up all the same. He kept shouting Eeeerh, Eeeerh!
The four of them were carried towards the pit.

This time, there was no need for a torch, as Karl’s mace was conveniently providing all the light needed.
The top of the spur was a platform 20 meters long and 2 meters wide, except at the North end where it enlarged into a 4 meters wide circle. This is where Marcelus and Karl were deposited, with Karl’s burning mace and his buckler on the floor next to them. The two of them were tied up together, seating back to back.
The South end was narrower. Just sufficient for Kairus and Ghurk. The mace and the buckler were left there, too. In order to make fun, as Ghurk seemed fit enough, the guards tied Kairus seating on Ghurk’s back.
Be careful not to drop your master into the water! laughed them. In order not to lose balance, Ghurk leant on the cave’s wall.

Still laughing, the guards were dragged upwards. The sound of a stone was heard, blocking the pit’s aperture.


<OOC
It is now one hour before midnight.

North: Marcelus is seated back to back with Karl. Karl has the enchanted amulet.
Marcelus: WS4 - S4 - T3 - D2 - I5.
Karl the zombie: Heavily wounded (-1 to all stats till midnight): WS1, S3, T1, D0, I1 (it is still under the effect of the kindleflame-ish spell for WS & I).
Weapons (on the floor): flaming mace and buckler.

South: Kairus is straddling Ghurk. His back is leaning on the wall. Ghurk has the enchanted breastplate.
Kairus: WS3 - S3 - T2 - D3 - I4.
Ghurk the scarecrow: WS2, S1, T3, D1, I2.
Weapons (on the floor): mace and buckler.

While walking, you had 5 min to prepare a spell.
Marcelus and Kairus can see each other. They cannot talk. They cannot move their arms.

You can try to get your hands free; it should take (d6 – Dex + 5) minutes.
Once you are free, taking away your gag will take no time.
With free hands, it takes one more minute to free anyone else.
In the water, the survival rate is no more than (d6 x 5 min +Toughness) minutes, and it takes twice as long to untie the bonds.

>IC

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Last edited by Calisson on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software