Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:07 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Blood Bowl RPG 
Author Message
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum

The Black Recruits:

Smiler666
Name: Sudim Dranils
Position: Lineman
Stats: M4 - A4(3) - S4 - T3 - D3
AV: 2

Raneth
Name: Jaukor "Stabby" Yldreth
Position: Lineman
Stats: M4 - A4(3) - S3 - T5 - D2
AV: 2

Red...
Name: Mellerax Obdus
Position: Blitzer
Stats: M4(3) - A2(1) - S5 - T5 - D2
AV: 3

Assani
Name: Zynca Shadizar
Position: With Elf
Stats: M4 - A5 - S2 - T2 - D5
AV: 1

Kefka
Name: Kefka Pallazo
Position: Runner
Stats: M4 - A5 - S2 - T2 - D5
AV: 1

Meteor
Name: Shadow
Position: Lineman
Stats: M5 - A5(4) - S4 - T1 - D3
AV: 2


MATCH 1 vs Purple Recruits

There are two teams in your first game. The first is you guys, the second is made up of NPCs. Here is their statlines:

Lineman1
M4 - A4(3) - S3 - T3 - D4
AV: 2

Lineman2
M4 - A4(3) - S3 - T3 - D4
AV: 2

Lineman3
M4 - A4(3) - S3 - T3 - D4
AV: 2

Lineman4
M4 - A5(4) - S2 - T2 - D5
AV: 2

Blitzer1
M4(3) - A3(2) - S4 - T5 - D2
AV: 3

Blitzer2
M4(3) - A3(2) - S4 - T5 - D2
AV: 3


Game Mechanics.

Move - Running down the pitch, pretty basic really. The higher your (M) the faster you will go. When two people both run for the same thing at the same time it is Distance - Movement = Time. So, if two people run from the same spot for the same thing, the fastest will always win. Well, unless something happens to them along the way of course!

Block - Ram into someone who is next to, near or passing you in an attempt to knock them down. First your Agilities are rolled off, and if the blocker hits then his Strength is rolled against the other players Toughness. If they fail that test too then they are knocked down. A Dexterity test will then determine what happens with the ball if they had it. In some cases an injury test may also need to be taken using their Armour Value.

Blitz - Basically a Move + Block in one, or charging someone. A Block which is also a Blitz will have a negative modifier on the primary Agility test.

Foul - Attacking someone who is knocked down. There is an Agility test as with a Block, but with a high Agility modifier for the downed player. There is also a test to see whether or not the referee catches the foul. This is usually a 50-50 chance, but can be modified by his position, bribes etc. (or if he is dead and no longer present, no test!). A successful foul will lead straight to injury with no AV test allowed.

Throw - Passing the ball to a player who is not directly beside you. There is a Dexterity test for success and aim, which may have modifiers if you are being attacked or distracted, followed by a Strength test modified by range. The intended target may then have to test to catch.

Hand-Off - Passing the ball to a player who is directly beside you. Unlike with a Throw there is no strength test for range and no Dexterity test for aim. The other player will still need to test to catch though.

Catch - Catching a ball that was thrown or handed off your way. You will have to take a Dexterity test modified by the incoming range of the ball or projectile. If the aim of the throw was bad an Agility test may also be required to 'get back under the ball'.

Intercept - Quite a spectacular feat on the field indeed! Provided the ball is thrown over your head from one player to another, you can attempt to intercept the throw. Long range throws can only be intercepted at near and end range, in the middle of the throw the ball will be too high to intercept. Intercepting requires an Agility and Dexterity test.



If you are simply testing on your own statistic, you must roll equal to or under that number on a dice. So for example; testing Dexterity on D4 means you need to roll a 1, 2, 3 or 4 to pass (and a 5 or 6 will fail)


If you are testing against another statistic, they are compared. So if you perform a Block, your Strength is tested against their Toughness.

If your Strength is higher, a 1, 2, 3 or 4 will pass.
If your Strength is equal, a 1, 2 or 3 will pass
If your Strength is less, only a 1 or 2 will pass.

So for example, testing S5 against T3 you need to roll a 1, 2, 3 or 4 to pass (and a 5 or 6 will fail).


In the case of an injury being attempted (due to a foul, an aggressive block [roleplayed], or an outright attack) you test Strength against AV as follows.

To save, you must roll equal to or under AV-S. So for example, an AV7 Blitzer fouled by a S4 Lineman would need to roll a 1, 2 or 3 to avoid injury (7-4 = 3). Other modifiers (like weapons) may apply.

If injured, I then roll another dice and consult the injury table.

1 - Knocked Out - the player must be removed to the dug out until further notice.
2 - Seriously Injured - the player must stay down for 1 minute and must then pass a S test to get up.
3 - Badly Injured - the player must stay down for minute but can then get up.
4 - No further effect, play on!
5 - No further effect, play on!
6 - No further effect, play on!


Every injury you receive in a single match will knock the lowest result off this table.
So after 1 injury you can no longer roll a 6 (those will be rerolled).
After 2 injuries, you can only roll a 1-4 on the chart.
After 5 injuries you will be knocked out if injured again.

Armour.

Runners and Witch Elves get armour in the form of: Light Gear (+1 AV)
Linemen get armour in the form of: Standard Gear (+2 AV / -1 A)
Blitzers get armour in the form of: Heavy Gear (+3 AV / -1 M / -1 A)



Blood Bowl RPG

The current camp of the Naggaroth Nightmares wasn't quite as magnificent as the approaching hopefuls might have expected. After the brutal end of the old team at the hands of the Lustrian Lancers, the teams manager Viktus Nauglus had lost almost everything. Without the funding to keep his old stadium, and without any hope of recruiting a new team of Blood Bowl stars, Viktus had almost given up on the game. In a last bid to regain his power and take a team to the top however, he had used what gold the sale of the stadium had provided to buy a small pitch outside of the City, organise the production of a new team set of Nightmares jerseys, and kept enough to pay players for a game or two.

The entrance was hung with a black and purple banner, the colours of the teams infamous uniform. What it said was the reason they were there.

The Naggaroth Nightmares - Now Recruiting!


A large crowd of hopefuls and potential players had formed over the course of a week, and only now that more than fifty Druchii were present did Viktus show himself. The teams manager stepped out of his cabin, lock black hair tied up in a top knot and cold blue eyes surveying the crowd with a dissapointed sneer. All eyes watched him as he made his way onto the middle of the open pitch and then opened his arms wide. After a moment, he began to speak to the crowd. He began to tell them about Blood Bowl.

"Blood Bowl. That is why you are here. If it is not, you have come to the wrong place."

One youth slipped from the crowd and hurried away back towards the City, hiding his blushing face beneath a veil of dark hair.

"This is the pitch. I am standing on the centre line. There and there are the lines of scrimmage. Two teams start, one in each half, behind each of those lines. Those are the end zones, over there and back there. The aim is to get the ball from your half to the opponents end zone, to score a touch down. Sounds simple really, doesn't it? It isn't. Everything between here and there gets a little messy."

A couple more members of the crowd shook their heads and decided to leave, heading off away from the pitch to the sound of laughter and jeers.

"Players get hurt. Players die. If you sign up, you're playing with your own life. But if you're good, the rewards can be great!"

Now the crowd were a bit more serious, and several more started to go. When the pictures of Blood Bowl injuries came out, half the crowd was heading back towards the City.

When the remains of the old Nightmares came out, more or less a heap of assorted body parts, less than two dozen stood their ground before the pitch. To them, Viktus smiled.

"Good. We have a few serious recruits after all. Now, time to sort out the men from the boys. And then the Blood Bowl players from the men."



Viktus went back to his cabin for a few minutes, and then came back out carrying with him another chest. He laid it out on the ground outside the pitch and then opened it for all to see. This one did not contain the bloody remains of an old team, but instead contained a heap of old shirts and gear, as well as what they recognised as a Blood Bowl ball. Viktus bent down and plucked the ball from the bundle of gear, and then kicked the chest over so that its contents spilled out on the grass in front of them. Some of the gear was black, the rest was all purple.

"This is just training gear, black or purple. You haven't earned the right to wear the Nightmares black and purple shirts just yet!"

He span the ball on the end of an outstretched finger.

"This is the ball. This is what Blood Bowl is all about. This is what you are about to play each other for."

He tossed the ball up into the air and then caught it under his arm, looking over the crowd of potentials as a farmer looks over his flock.

"Take a few minutes to get to know one another, and divide yourself into two equal teams. You're going to play a match for me, a simple best of three. Score two touch downs and your team wins the game."

He grinned and opened his arms once again, dropping the ball back into the chest.

"...and that is the team which will become the new Naggaroth Nightmares!"




OOC - You can start posting now. You will all be on the same team, assume you have accumulated near one another and will start to converse. Now you must assign positions, tell others about your strengths etc. The first to post can pick your training colours, black or purple.

THERE IS STILL TIME FOR A FEW LAST MINUTE CHARACTERS - SEE THE SIGN UP THREAD.


Last edited by Kinslayer on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:55 am, edited 9 times in total.



Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:28 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
Jaukor spat a big gob of phlegm as he regarded his fellow recruits. Misfits to the last, but the veteran player didn't care - all that mattered was that finally, after months of waiting, he would again be paid to bash face. Whatever the rich guy was saying didn't even register, least of it his focus on the ball. He cracked his knuckles as his jaded mind drifted to a happy place of senseless violence. Eventually the pompous one stopped talking, the sudden silence snapping Jaukor out of his reverie, leaving him with the others to converse. He wasn't much interested. My name is Jaukor, he snorted, barely masking his boredom, I'm just here for the maiming.

He then got to pick training gear, and promptly chose black as all he wanted was to see the blood of his victims... errr, opponents.

Where's me chewing tobacco.

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:49 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
As the crowed thinned, grossed out or worried for their own life, Kefka only grinned more. He loved these life or death games, and bloodbowl seemed to be the ultimate game of death.
Looking at all that remained of the players willing to try out, Kefka was possibly the smallest. He had dressed down from his noble clothing, not wanting the others to know of his wealth and bother him for whatever scraps they could get. Despite this, he still wore his makeup. his pale white skin, red eyes, and red lips painted into a mischievous sneer.
The sneer his his disgust of the cloths, however. Though Kefka often dirtied his hands with the blood of his victims, he hated wearing dirty, sweaty, used clothes. But this was all part of the challenge. As the others filled out and started selecting sides, Fiat picked up a black jersey. Not because of anyone in the team already, but simply because the black hid the dirt and sweat more.
He held his breath as he put the stinking uniform on, immediately feeling unclean... Then looked around to who else was joining up. Clearing his throat, he made his introduction.
Kefka, that's me. Like our loogy spitting friend here I am also here for the maiming. I think this is going to be fun. Vwhehehehehe....

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:44 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:53 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Norway
Post 
Zynca stood amongst her fellow recruits, few were female but she didn't give it much thought. Maybe it was a game for brutes, raw power and strength. Zynca didn't give that much thought either, she knew she could hold her own.
Zynca heard someone talking on the pitch. She heard something about death and reward, and that suited her just fine. She took a quick overlook at the place, and it wasn't great. Neither was the looks of the recruits, or the smell of most of them. Some recruits turned on their heel as the voice of the pitch reached he crowd, that was the pretty ones.
Sides was to be picked, and she felt her blood starting to boil. She was tens but eager to start, she had to succeed in this sport, just had to. She moved to pick up the training gear, and one side seemed to be outnumbered, the black side. She picked up a black shirt, thinking it would be easier to be seen if there were fewer to be watched.

My name is Zynca, and fun it will be, nodding to the one calling himself Kefka and the snorting spitting one who called himself Jaukor. If this is the place for
maiming, I have turned up at the right place

_________________
Image

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby


Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:18 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Sidum watched as people left the stadium, first a few at a time then in flocks as the noble described what may well happen to those that stayed, and wished he could join them but he had learnt the first time that the strong-arms who stood either side of him would drag him back by his heels if need be, so instead he just stood there and waited for the inevitable trials to begin. Sudim had so far tried out for three teams and had failed to impress any of them, getting beaten to a pulp by the other applicants, by the players and, once he returned 'home', by his debtors, he had heard that if he failed again they were going to cut thier loses and leave him out for the cold or the nauglir to deal with. Once the coach at least he seems to be the coach? had finished talking one of his unfriendly companions threw a particularly stinking black shirt from the kit locker at him and the other shoved him toward where a handful of other black shirted elves were gathering, they then both turned and left the stadium, but Sudim knew they would be watching for him to screw up again.

Swallowing his suffering and summoning up whatever confidence and pomp he had left Sudim marched the last few steps to the elves and announced, "my name is Sudim Dranils of Karond Kar and none of you had better balls this up or I will be sorely disappointed." He hoped he hadn't gone too far but if one of these druchii lost him his place on the Naggaroth Nightmares then he was as good as dead.

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
Fiat looked over to the one who called himself Sidum.
Well, well. you speak of balls and act as if you have extra to hand out. don't think I didn't see those two strapping young lads over there watching over you. They were the only ones to leave after the uniforms were put out, and I hardly think it was the choice of colour coordination that threw them off. What was that all about?

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:08 pm
Profile
Generalissimo
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm
Posts: 3716
Location: Baltimore
Post 
Mellerax looked dully around at his companions and stomped heavily over to pick up a purple vest, the peculiar colour appealing to his dullard brain. He tried to put it on, got his head stuck in the arm hole and stumbled bumblingly about.

<OOC: Sorry, I didn't know that we would be starting this RPG so soon or on this week - I am literally overwhelmed with things right now, so can't really post more than the bare minimum. If needed I may have to jump in later: I should have more time towards the end of this week or next. Sorry>

_________________
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Image

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman


Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:15 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
OOC - That's fine, I intended to get a nice IC conversation and introduction going between you all before the first match starts. You'll all be on one team (Black jerseys). The game will start soon but not yet.


Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:15 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Sidum visibly sagged as the elf who had introduced hisself as Kefka called his bluff and he replied resignedly,
"is it that obvious? Well okay then yes, I have a lot riding on this - chances are my life in fact. Those 'strapping lads' are hired goons with orders to make sure I get a place in the Nightmares or drop me off at the nearest nauglir pen, so could you not balls this up, please, or my corpse will be quite disappointed."

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:32 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
Hahahahahaha! Oh, this is rich! Kefka laughed, his grin accentuate even more by his red make-up your future depends on us doing well. My sadistic side almost wants to lose on purpose! Just to see what would happen to you! You're lucky my pride doesn't like to lose. But this is a bloody game.... I may still get to see you resembling the colours of our uniforms, with a little red mixed in.
He giggled to himself, trailing off as his imagination began to take the better of him. A quick wiff of something fowl brought him back to reality and took the grin from his face. He started stretching, preparing for the game. His excitement grew slowly as he prepared for his first blood bowl game ever...

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:24 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
Jaukor sat down on the grass, languishing before the training bout, snickering to himself. The ones that had introduced themselves thus far were every bit the rejects he had expected, and then some. What a crew. At least we'll all die smiling.

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile
Executioner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 am
Posts: 1956
Location: Hell
Post 
"heh, die smiling huh? that'll be amusing to watch, especially our coache's face when he realises putting his hopes on us as his final chance was so very wrong."

_________________
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued


Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 am
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 

The assortment of hopefuls crowded at the edge of the open sided pitch had divided themselves into two halves, and one member of one team had quickly taken a black jersey from the heap between them. The rest of the new team followed suit, and the members of the opposition curled their lips and sneered as they took the purple gear for themselves. Both sides had quite a mixture of characters amongst them. The purple team was made up of three average looking elves, two males and a female, as well as two bigger, burly looking players, both male. There was also a tall, lean woman amongst their number, who danced from foot to foot as she warmed herself up for the trials to come.

The black team on the other hand was made up of six unique looking players, only one female amongst their ranks. She had dark hair and bright purple eyes, with a large tattoo covering her exposed back, over which she quickly strapped her gear. It was obvious that she was a Khainite. There was a brutish looking male as well, with a scarred face and broad shoulders, who would suit the team well. Also amongst them was a slim Druchii with long blonde hair, and a red grin painted across his face. He looked fast, warming himself up by running up and down the side of the pitch. There were three others, one short and scarred and another with a shaven head and bright green eyes. The last was rather mysterious looking.

It was time to see if they would make a good team, or fail miserably and die horribly in the attempt. Viktus Nauglus was calling them onto the pitch. The coach had pulled a black and white striped jersery over his more casual clothes, and was blowing on a whistle attatched to a small rope about his neck. The pitch was not much more than a few white lines marked out on an open square of land outside the City, but Viktus assured them that he had bought the land and that if they were successful, they would play the great pitches inside Naggarond, and then those all over the world. One day, the Naggaroth Nightmares might even own their own stadium again!

Viktus called both teams over and then assigned them a side of the pitch. Black were starting north, aiming to get the ball down to the south end zone.

He then told both teams to go away to their line of scrimmage, huddle and decide on their starting positions, then name a player to come and toss a coin.

While the teams moved off, Viktus waited on the halfway line.


Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
Well I suppose it is time to get this game underway! excellent! Kefka finished preparing, his blood was boiling at this new game and prospect of blood. So what is the plan? I certainly am not as beefy as Scarface over here, but if I get that ball I will be in the endzone in no time.
Kefka also noticed Naulgirs coin he was flipping.
And if no one minds, could I go flip that coin? I am pretty good at bending games of chance to my will...

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
You fancy yourself lucky, do ya? Jaukor asked the clown. Luck just means the guy next to you took the hit for you. I'll make sure to stay the **** out of your way, jester...

Me first! Me first!

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:28 am
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:53 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Norway
Post 
Flip the coin all u want, luck or not, I really don't care. By the way, my legs are fast, so if any of u want me to go long for a catch I will, and maybe I can make some casualties on my way

Her blood boiled in excitement, and her eyes almost turned black of hatered towards "the enemy".

Preparing herself for the hunt

_________________
Image

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby


Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
Kefka seemed to dismiss the words from the big brute of the group, clown was something he heard often, But he found joy in even the darkest deeds, so perhaps that was why Kefka wore such make-up

Kefka will go to do the toin coss, and try to "cheat" the flip in thier favour.

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 

The newly formed team made a circle near their line of scrimmage, facing inwards and discussing positions and the first coin toss. Unfortunately, some of the players seemed not too keen to speak to each other yet, for although they had been put on the same team they had only just met. After a short discussion it was Kefka who offered to go to the coin toss, and he broke away from the huddle and jogged back over to Viktus on the halfway line, as the rest of the team moved off to find their starting positions.

Please let me know where you are going to start - left wing, middle or right wing, near the line of scrimmage, middle ground or end zone.

Kefka watched as one of the female players from the other team jogged over as well, dressed in a purple jersey and spike covered helmet. Viktus waited until they were both ready and then asked the lady to call a side, Witch Kings Crown or Morathis' staff. She picked the crown, leaving Kefka and the black team with the staff. Then, Viktus threw his hand up and the coin spun up into the air.

Kefka watched as it span, trying to guess which way it would land and distract Viktus as to ensure he caught it at the right time.

Sure enough, by some fluke or skill, the coin landed staff side up. Viktus turned to the wide-smiling player,

"So, do you want to kick the ball or receive it?"


Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:39 pm
Profile
Executioner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 am
Posts: 1956
Location: Hell
Post 
Shadow silently watched and listened to the group discuss. He had very little input since he didn't have much experience in this sport, all he knew was it was similar to his life in The Pit.

He watched the elf named Kefka walk off to Viktus, then looked upon his group as they scattered off into all directions across the field.

Shadow wondered where to go...

Shadow will wait for Kafka's decision first, and to see where everyone else goes before he decides on where to fill in

_________________
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued


Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:42 am
Posts: 2661
Location: Group 22 RP thread
Post 
Jaukor was sure it was just the clown's dumb luck that the coin came right side up, but he sure wouldn't argue the results. Grinning, he took to his place.

Center field, line of scrimmage :P

_________________
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior


Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 am
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:53 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Norway
Post 
Kefka won the toss as promised, but it seemed more like luck than anything else. Zynca moved to the right with uncertain steps, cause she didn't really know what to do.

Zynca is looking at Kefka, waiting for his descission wether to kick or receive.

_________________
Image

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby


Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:30 am
Profile
Malekith's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1749
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?
Post 
I think we shall receive first. Said the grinning Kefka, glad he could already put his skills to use.

He walked back to his awaiting team mates, and winked specifically at Jaukor. I told you... he said playfully, and prepared for the game to start.

Right wing, middle ground

_________________
Image

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior


Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 pm
Profile
Highborn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:30 am
Posts: 618
Location: The Colonies
Post 
Sudim kept quiet in the huddle, this would only be his third time on a bloodbowl pitch and he still wasn't sure the rules let alone any tactics.

The painted druchii that had taken so much pleasure in his misfortune had won the coin toss and decided to receive the kick, Sudim accepted this turn of events with little idea of how good or bad it would end up being and trudged off to where he might be useful

centre, end zone

_________________
Opus vos liberaverit


Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 pm
Profile
Executioner
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 am
Posts: 1956
Location: Hell
Post 
Shadow watched as everyone else moved into position. Noticing no one going to the left wing and the fact they're receiving the ball first, he opted to fill in that spot.

Shadow will take up left wing a bit behind the LoS

_________________
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued


Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 pm
Profile
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 4577
Location: Roleplaying Forum
Post 
OOC - It's quite handy having 6 of you on a team, it means I can roll a D6 to determine one player on the team, eg. who the ball lands closest to after the kick!

You have your gear also, as appropriate to your position. Just assume you picked it out of the chest along with your jerseys.

IC -


The Black Team began to move out into position around their half of the pitch as Kefka jogged back to them, having decided to receive the kick for the first half of the game. Jakour stayed as close to the other team as he could, right in the centre of the pitch on the line of scrimmage. Zynca and Kefka went out to the right, Zynca near the line of scrimmage with Kefka just behind her in the middleground. Sudim decided to stay behind Jakour in the centre of the pitch, but moved way back towards the endzone in case the other team got through their defences. As the left wing remained void of players, Shadow moved off to that side with Mellerax. The lineman decided to hang back a little, giving the Blitzer the foreground in case the other team made a run their way.

The Purple Team spread out in a similar fashion, two of their linemen moving out onto the wings but hanging back slightly as the other two stepped up to the line of scrimmage, one just either side of the centre of the field. Their two Blitzers stayed back in the middleground, slightly closer to the endzone than they were the line of scrimmage. It looked like a formidable defence or attack formation, for after the ball was kicked the linemen would no doubt surge forwards, the wingers coming up to the line of scrimmage as those in the middle went for the ball. The Blitzers had just about the whole back of the pitch covered in case the Black Team got through with the ball, as they would have plenty of space and time to get themselves into the way.

The lineman with the ball placed it on the ground in his chosen spot and then retreated a short distance, before running forwards and making the kick...


The ball flew over the middle of the pitch, destined for the Black Teams' right wing. It was coming down near Kefka, just off to his left. Already the opposition were coming forwards, the two central linemen heading towards Jakour, one of them ready to break off to the right. The right winger was heading straight for Kefka and the ball, whilst his left counterpart jogged up towards Mellerax and Shadow in support. The Blitzers shambled forwards too. The ball landed off to Kefkas right a few paces and bounced, soaring another eight feet into the air as it danced off further away to his right, almost making in the direction of Sudim in centre field at the end zone.



Dice Rolls made this turn:
(Just to help you understand when and why I roll since we have just begun)

- D6 to determine who the ball landed closest to. Rolled a 5 - Kefka.
- D6 to determine bounce (1 no bounce, 2 short bounce through to 6 high / long bounce) - Rolled a 4, medium bounce.
- Scatter Dice to determine direction.


End of Turn Positions


Image


Last edited by Kinslayer on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.



Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:53 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software