Group 35 - Sign up

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Group 35 - Sign up

Post by Carathyle maveric »

So okay, let's get some things straight from the start.

This group will be fast paced, with a modpost every day, or every 2 days. If you miss the deadline too many times, you're out.(with too many times I mean, three times in total) unless if you declare a reason, your character will be kindly erased from the group.

Okay, now on to the other important matter at hand, the rules.

Normally, I would go with the standard rules, however, I don't feel like rolling a dice very often as I have bad luck with the blasted things. So here are the rules:

Rules:
1) Your character is yours alone. I will NOT take control of him/her as it is up to you for making decisions. This rule can be violated when given permission.

2) Your character has a small range of equipment, these will decay over time and I recommend that you keep good track of the statistics of your equipment, such as how many dents are in my shield, or, how sharp is my blade's edge? How many crossbow magazines? You start off with a standard of 20 bolts, which means 4 magazines containing 5 bolts each.

3) Actions such as talking are allowed to be in a dialogue. In case of a dialogue, I will postpone the modpost(unless urgent such as in combat, but I don't think there will be a dialogue in that situation.).

4) Actions that require a certain skill are decided by me, assuming the actions will succeed is something I hardly recommend as I always feel inclined to make it the exact opposite in these cases.

5) Actions such as scavenging, walking, wielding, honing, and repairing are actions of your own, as I do suggest to allow me to determine the amount of success this is. Honing and walking won't be much of a problem as long as you don't give me a marathon-man/women impression. Scavenging will be determined by the fallen opponent's equipment, and whether or not they are carrying it. Repairing shield and such is part of the suggestion.

6) Combat :twisted: Ah... yes, the most feared decisions of them all. Will my combat be in my favour or not? My answer: Yes, they will. As long as you don't require a certain skill to perform the actions, I do not see why it should? However, facing a certain death and preparing to fight is... not smart to begin with and I recommend that you FLEE!

Okay, that about wraps it up for the rules.

So, enter your character in the world of War... with a hammer perhaps :P

Spoiler: This RPG will be played in Naggaroth, the enemies however are unknown to you :twisted:

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Name: Kailleth Blackthorn
Class: male warrior
Stats: 5ws 4s 3t 3d 3i
Height: 5’10 (short in elf terms)
Build: lean and muscle,
Face: dark steal blue eyes
Raven black hair to mid back length
Fare pale white skin (typical of an inside life of the city)
Tattoos: 1 tattoo on each forearm
On the rite the rune of loyalty
On the left the rune of discipline
Equipment: Light armour, shield, sword
(All his equipment is of good quality and is well maintained)
(All robes and small closes are black in the style of Hag Graef and rather worn)

Kailleth Blackthorn was a young elf in the city of Hag Greaf, he was born to a simple life with his father being a high ranking retainer and family guard to one of the Nobel Families of the city, Kailleth never know his mother and learned at an early age not to ask his father about her. Kailleth was trained in his duties as soon as he was able to hold a sword and aim a crossbow. In the hope he would one day fallow his father’s footsteps. As a youth he spent half his waking day in the training yard, drilling and sparing with other young druchii and off duty guards. The other half he spent in his studies of history, war and his favourite obsessions, the dogma and texts of Kaine. Kailleth was trained in the art of the sword the spear and crossbow and to diligently respect his armour and weapons, and above all to obey ones master and to lay down his life if asked without question.
On his 100 year Kailleth became a family guard to the Nobel family, just like his father. He performed his duty for 10 years with without question until one tragic night.

It was just past the hour of the wolf when Kailleth was harshly ripped from his chamber by other house hold guards. Confused and disorientated from a blow to his head during the struggle in his chamber, Kailleth was dragged in to the mane courtyard and Thrown to the cold marble yard. As he got his baring he looked around and saw the just under half of the other guards were also in the yard some seemed to have been yanked from bed like him, the others looked to have been in fights and were wounded.
His eyes took little time to august to the night time gloom, as he scanned the perimeter or the courtyard he made out the figures of other druchii with cross bows standing solder to shoulder, he didn’t recognize there heraldry, but after a minuet he realised that not all the soldiers were unfamiliar to him. He counted about a third of his follow guards with them. Backstabbing fiends he spat. Before he could cures them any further a tall Druchii walked out onto the balcony from their masters bed chamber, he had his war helm under his arm and blood dripping from his gauntleted hands, he looked out over the mass of broken and beaten guards, With a wicked smile he began to speak.

Welcome to my new home! He said opening his arms in a sign of welcome. I am fain tairnis your new master, I have just taken this estate to settle an old debt. He weekly chuckled to himself then continued. As you might see . . . some or your fellows have already swore their oaths of loyalty to me, I will now give you the opportunity to do the same. He paused for affect then looked over his shoulder and nodded, then one of the guards was dragged out to the balcony and thrown on to the railing so his head and arms daggled over, (it was Kailleths father) with the same smile he spoke again. If you chose that old loyalties die hard like this old wretch. Producing a small dagger Fain pulled back the head of Kailleth’s father, so be it! Then opened his throat.

Kailleth has never forgotten that night. Most of him died that night as he whacked his father’s exaction.
He mindlessly went throw the act, he swore his oath and carried on as a guard, for a time, after some months Kailleth made his escape it wasn’t grand spectacle or daring feat, he simply on duty one night said he heard something outside the main gate and went to check it out and never turned back.
From that point on Kailleth has played the trade of a mercenary not caring weather his life has purpose or if he’ll ever have a family, he has never tried to fill the void in his life with vengeances because he knows it is pointless. So now spends his days looking to kaine for a path to travel, and money to fill his purse, the only think Kailleth has left is fight for is to stay alive.
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

• Name: Korvus Blackheart
• Sex: Male
• Height: 6' 6''
• Weight: 10st
• Appearance: Korvus appears to be average build for a Druchii, he is not exceptionally tall and would not be considered bulky, despite being a bit of a heavyweight in combat. He is very lean and muscular, with unusually pale almost alabaster flesh and jet black hair. He has long straight hair, but he always wears it tied back in a ponytail, out the way of his face. His armour is dark purple iron, almost black yet still metallic. His helmet matches the armour in colour, and is studded all over with short spike like studs. His dragon cloak is as black as obsidian, and the are scales as hard as rock. It is not made from the skin of a sea dragon, but one of the great black kings of the mountains themselves. His weapon of choice is a mid length glaive, a silver blade on the end of a black iron hilt also topped backed with a thick iron spike.

• Character Class: Warrior
• Character Statistics: WS5 - S4 - T3 - D3 - I3
• Starting Equipment: Glaive, Light Armour, Helmet, Black Dragon Cloak
• Starting Skills: None

• Character Background: Korvus grew up in Naggarond under the protection of his wealthy Druchii family, the Blackhearts. He was the youngest of three sons, and was often tested and bullied by his brothers due to their superior age, size and strength. This bred the desire to be stronger and better in a fight than those he surrounded himself with into Korvus right from the age he could walk. As he matured into an adolescent, the hours of training and strength building began to pay off. By the age of sixty, he could best both his older brothers in a fist fight, and could take them together in a game of swords. The time soon came for his brothers to find work however, and they left to join the ranks of the Witch Kings army, as naught but spearmen.

Korvus did not wish the same fate for himself, for he much preferred to fight with a glaive or halberd, and had always believed himself destined to make his own fate, not to follow orders. In the years that followed, he worked amongst the hired guards that protected his father, ensuring that he was classed as already employed when the recruitment came upon him reaching the required age of eighty. He worked as a hire guard for many years, whilst also competing in underground fist fights and weapon mastery tournaments. Upon reaching the age of one hundred and fourteen however, he learned of his brothers deaths within the ranks of the Witch Kings army. Korvus vowed to avenge them as best he could, and to travel as a mere mercenary sellsword in search of answers and revenge.

• Character Ambitions: Endurance, Evasion, Defensive Fighting - basically anything that will make him a better contestant and warrior.

NB: the Black Dragon Cloak is a Sea Dragon Cloak in all respects when it comes to rules and roleplaying.
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Name: Senluthan Redskull
Sex: Male

Weight and height: Roughly 95 kg and 192 cm 6'3

Appearance: Senluthan got muscular build, His hair is red and short, the longer hair he had when he started to travel, was to inconvenient to get the blood out of, the blood also being the reason to dye it. Is eyes usually got a brown almost black colour, and turns mad when going into frenzy. His skin is dark from being out most of the time. And he got a tattoo on his right shoulder which could be described as different spikes in a circle. He wears a cloak around his torso which he takes off when going into combat battling only in a pair of leather pants and small leather boots.

Ws4 T3 S3 D4 I4

• Starting Equipment: Mace, short sword and a dagger (you gotta be prepared) And therefore the weapons a kept fit for battle.

• Starting Skills: As a true Khainite he got uncontrollable frenzy

Background

Senluthan was born outside of Hag Graef. He was trained by his father in his early years, a former soldier and now a smithing, in a sort of two handed fighting with a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. Using the dagger to deflect attacks, and going in for killing blows. And he was actually trained in quite accuracy in his fighting style. This style didn’t hold for long. One day he got home after a successful hunt. And found his parents tortured by some reason, his mother was lying dead covered in cuts and bruises. His father was missing one arm and on the verge of death. he was kneeling looking up in his executioners face with a mocking face. The instant Senluthan saw all that he snapped, forgetting all of his earlier training. He rushed towards the men, twelve in total and drew his sword and dagger. But instead of his accurate fighting style with a lot of killing blows, he slung the two weapons around totally chaotic. The brutality of his charge caught the first three men off guard. The first and his dad executioner he killed with one slash to the neck, the second one got pierced by the dagger getting a serious injury in the belly. The third one however, only got a bruise as his armour took the blow from Senluthans sword, but still tossing him to the ground. Senluthan in his frenzy only saw the opponents standing in front of him. There were no tactic, no thought of defence only to kill the opponent in front of him. The next guy caught his sword with a buckler, all the same as another guy smashed Senluthans shoulder with a club in return he got a serious wound from the dagger on his arm. The shock send him flying and landing just next to his father. And on top of his Fathers hammer. In the fall he dropped his sword, and instantly grabbed the hammer instead, and slung it towards the first guy trying to kill him. The result became a broken arm and shortly afterwards a dagger to the neck. The next two guys also fell, one with a smashed chest by the hammer, and the other with a dagger to the arm and a hammer in the skull. After Senluthan killed the last guy he got knocked out from behind. But his frenzy and brutality made the impression and he got dragged off to Hag Graef to start training in becoming a soldier.

The next many years went by while Senluthan slowly became a seasoned fighter, his frenzy was becoming more violent, and they equipped him with a mace. They found that it was the best weapon for his uncontrolled fighting style. And often when they were sent on missions around, his comrades used him as distraction. His furious charge caught the enemies off guard, and at the time they started attacking him, they got stabbed in the back. And slowly he became able to take out 4 or 5 opponents in his surprise charge without any problems. These many years he spend doing quests he found out, that the one he were serving under were a darkfist. In his 102nd year Senluthan went on a mission with his team, they should kill a raiding party from another druchii. In total 17 druchii and their party were 14 so with the advantage of surprise they should be able to slaughter them. The plan were simply surround the enemy send in Senluthan and stab them alle in the back. But this time it was a quite experienced leader, the moment the first one got killed by the mace 5 of his men charged Senluthan as the rest readied for more soldiers. That way they were prepared for the rest of the Senluthans party. And the fighting were brutal, after only a cut to his off hand, Senluthan had killed the the five men, four of them with his mace, and the final one had felt the dagger when he cut his arm. But if course he didn't stop there, although only six from each side were left and fighting Senluthan rushes towards the first two killed the one from his own party with a mace in the back of his head and the rushing under the others weapon slicing his throat with the dagger. Just then another jumped at him but before his slash could hit Senluthan he got the mace smashed up in his head. When Senluthan woke up, all he saw were dead men all around him. His hair greasy from all the blood from the battle, and when he looked around the battlefield he could count 10 victims of his mace friends and foes alike. As a true druchii he wanted revenge and to kill the ones who ordered the assault on his parents. And who against his will had kept him as a soldier these past years.

The last many years Senluthan have spent in the dessert only momentarily been to different cities. And during the years he have killed many small parties he met in the dessert. And therefore he have become very good at slaughtering small parties. But because of his frenzy and all the blood that splash out, and often hits his face. He decided to cut his hair short, so the blood won't be sitting in his hair. Now he wants to obtain a party that can help him get his revenge. And by all means necessary manipulate and get the abilities to destroy all obstacles towards his revenge.
After he gets his revenge he dreams of big battles and become general in a big assault campaign towards the hated kin on Ulthuain!
Senluthans ambitions is to more effecient kill his enemies. And also for being able to become a good general learn to control his frenzy.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Archon_matt has till tonight(22:59 London timeline, or 23:59 berlin timeline) to reply and participate. If he doesn't react, I'll take it as a no on the offer, and start the RPG. I shall start writing the modpost after this little announcement.

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

guys, the RPG is open.

Archon_Matt, post your character here and enter the RPG the moment you can.

Equipment:
Archon_matt
Cold One Knight

Post by Archon_matt »

Name: Sirenis [Helbane – she is not aware that she is the daughter of Duriath]
Sex: Female
Height: 181cm (around 6’)
Weight: 63kg
Appearance: Sirenis has the typical pale skin and dark hair of a Dark Elf, and although she is a little shorter than most Elves, she can blend into a crowd with ease. As a member of the Executioner Cult of Har Ganeth, Sirenis is typically seen wearing her armour, robes and helmet. Because the breastplate of the Executioners covers Sirenis’ feminine curvature, she is able to pass herself off as a male when she wishes, and indeed, many of her acquaintances do not know that she is female.
When she is not acting as a sentry or practising in the Temple of Khaine, Sirenis dons simple clothes of wool or cloth, eschewing the soft silks and satins of the more effete she-Elves of Har Ganeth.
Character Class: Khainite
Character Statistics: WS4 S4 T2 D4 I4
Starting Equipment: Draich, Dagger (Combat). [Due to the debt she owes to Hellebron, Sirenis’ Executioner armour is “on loan” and as such she can’t take it with her on adventures.]
Skills: Basic Heal
Character Background: Sirenis Helbane is one of the many illegitimate children of Duriath Helbane, the commander of the Temple of Spite and the heir to the Helbane legacy. Conceived during a drunken attack on her mother by Helbane and his Corsairs, Sirenis was found a year later, swaddled in bloodied rags on the altar of Khaine in Har Ganeth, a bloody rune of the God of Murder staining her brow. In a rare act of mercy, Hellebron ordered that the girl be bathed in the Cauldron of Blood and dedicated to lifelong service as an initiate of the Temple. Sirenis, as she was now named, was placed under the care of Heira, the most recently ordained Hag of the Temple of Har Ganeth.
As Sirenis aged, Heira allowed her to roam the Temple at will, and it was during these curious formative days that Sirenis’ character was moulded. As she watched Heira scream in unbridled fury at the failures of the novices of the Temple, Sirenis learned the unending anger of the Dark Elves. As she watched Heira bathe in the blood of dozens and dozens of brutally murdered captives, she learned the furious bloodlust of the Witch Elves. Finally, as Sirenis saw her mistress downtrodden at the hands of the more powerful Hag Queens, she learned the bitterness and ruthlessness that sears the soul of every Druchii.
Although a more tactful guardian might sidestep the issue, Heira informed Sirenis of her orphan’s status as soon as the girl was able to understand it. The bluntness of this revelation shocked Sirenis, but she quickly learned that this was the way that life among the Druchii worked. Life, she told herself, was hard. One had to be realistic in order to survive. One had to take the iniquities of outrageous fortune in order to rise to the top. Sirenis knew now that she must become a chameleon, obedient, calm, and ruthless, her motives always hidden behind a mask that showed no emotion. She would not become like Heira, a ranting, bitter wreck; nor would she suffer the fate of her mother, to be quelled by the wrath of others, to be defeated, to give in. Sirenis would watch, learn, and wait, honing her skills and building her power, slowly but surely rising to the top of this dark, ruthless society. Power would make her safe, make her strong. Power would prevent Sirenis from being defeated like her mother, like Heira, like Hellebron herself.
As Sirenis approached her time of initiation into the Temple of Khaine, she formulated a plan to ensure that she would be placed in the best possible position from which to extend her power over this dark city. She could do little as a violent, drug-fueled Witch Elf, but as an Executioner, she could hone her talents, make allies, and dispose of enemies. As such, when the initiation ceremony commenced, Sirenis ensured that she would be selected for the ranks of the Executioners by tearing a blade from the hand of an Executioner and slaying a shackled captive with a single, well-aimed stroke. In this cold, calculated move, Sirenis sealed her place among the ranks of the Executioners of Har Ganeth. For the past three decades, Sirenis has trained with the draich-masters, learning the art of the blade and waiting for the right moment to build her power base. Although she may seem like one mindless soldier out of many, a cold, dark fire burns within her heart – a fire that will either drive Sirenis to the top, or destroy her.
Character Ambitions: IC: Sirenis wants power, and lots of it. She thinks that power will protect her from the iniquities that have been heaped upon the people that she cares for. On a side note, she is curious about her ancestry; she would take an opportunity to learn the identity of her parents, although this is not an important ambition for her (she sees it as a weakness).
OOC: To match her Executioner training, I’d like Sirenis to grab some points in the Drukh Kaganth skill tree, and maybe some Heal skills to really hone her ability to get instant kills on her foes. In terms of equipment, I’d *really* like to get some heavy armour – after all, Executioners wear heavy armour! – but I don’t really have any other aspirations in that respect.

Posted! Entering RPG now :P
I am a proud member of The League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
8th Edition
W/L/D
10/2/0

Sirenis Helbane (Group 35)
WS:4 S:4 T:2 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Heavy Armour, Helmet, Draich, Dagger (Combat).
Skills: Basic Heal