OOC - Group 36 LOOKING FOR PLAYERS! PM ME

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

I am a true viking.. ;) from the cold denmark.. And my bad on the rope thing! I wasn't sharp on that small detail.. and hopefully from now on you will pretty much only find gramma mistakes.. :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

north? east? south? or west?

If you're saying north near Hundestädt, I'll end you :P

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

well just moved to aarhus in the middle second largest town. But my parents are from the southern part. Just 30 km nort of germany.. ^^ so not even near and have never lived near that.. ^^ those who come from that island are definitely not vikings! ;)
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

good, that's one person I can scratch off of the list

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

just a quick question what problem do you have with those from copenhagen? I know pretty well my self being a dane.. but a dutch?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

nothing, it's just that an Ex of mine is from Hundestädt :P

Equipment:
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

That is spooky, Senluthan... I have some dear friends who live near Aarhus! We spent some time in Ebeltoft last year (I remember taking a swim in the Baltic, brrr! :D). I speak a bit of Dansk but am still learning. ;)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Niiiiice! :D Me like! ;) so most of us live in the time zone 0 or +1... I know Spectre does as well.. then it is just a question with dreadlord and Evazorek.. ^^
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

I live in Wilmslow in the uk! so GMT
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Nice another european! :D Which means that if Dreadlord is european it is a group entirely from there! ^^
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Sorry I'm from Vancouver, Canada
And for time zones well it 3:00am here at the time I'm posting this
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

basicly you guys, for a good post anatomy, take my posts as a standard :P it's clear, it's easy, it's not too much work to remember XD

It's a system every RPG here on Dnet uses, so it's best to maintain that :P

Equipment:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Carathyle Maveric wrote:basicly you guys, for a good post anatomy, take my posts as a standard :P it's clear, it's easy, it's not too much work to remember XD

It's a system every RPG here on Dnet uses, so it's best to maintain that :P
Doesn't we do that?

Oh well and dread it's a shame.. but well its nice to play with you! I was looking forward to it since you showed quite some RPG skill in 35.. ^^

By the way guys.. If i make a deadline and everybody has posted, if I have time the day before deadline. Would you prefer that i wait till the deadline keeping the pace steady or should I just make mod and get this thing moving? Depending on what you say i might sometimes be able to mod before deadline...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

ALWAYS post the moment everyone has posted. Deadlines are only there to say stuff like "Okay, Carathyle hasn't posted yet, so he's too late." and then you mod. It's what the word says a certain time in which the players HAVE TO have posted(strange sentence?) in order to continue the story.

Dread indeed has RPG experience, so do I, and Dread(I'll be completely honest) was part of all my RPG's so far :P So that's why he haz skillz :P

Equipment:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

aint you polishing your halo a bit too much now? ;)
but okay if the rest agree on this I will do so.. but on the other hand i wrote that the pace would be around 2 days a mod... Therefore if people doesn't have the time to do more than that i will respect it too.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

well thank u senluthan and maveric

and i would say go far it if ur ready to mod post
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Senluthan, that is also fine by me.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

yeah sure i dont mind it
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills: WS4, S4, T3, D3, I4
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Inventory: 12 gold, water bottle (1 liter).
Skills:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Guys, I assume you guys don't forget that she has a standardized Weapon Skill 6(which is more then any of you :P) so getting on her bad side might not be a good idea :twisted: She might have a temper, but she has the training and the capabilities to back that up.

Equipment:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Carathyle sweetie, erm, did I read the notes correctly that a new character can only have 5 points in a skill?

CHARACTER STATISTICS:

You have 18 points to distribute amongst your 5 different statistics. No more, though you may use less [there is no real benefit to that, though]. No stat can have more than 5 points in it on your starting profile, and each stat has to have at least one point in it. There are other restrictions below.

Weapon Skill (WS): How good your character is at fighting in melee, whether armed or unarmed.
Strength (S): How strong your character is. This will obviously be used for any strenuous physical activity.
Toughness (T): How durable your character is.
Dexterity (D): How fast and agile your character is.
Intelligence (I): How smart your character is. This doubles as your role-playing stat... Because your intelligence is what your Mod will use to see whether you are playing your character correctly.

If you are a Shade your minimum Dexterity has to be 4.
If you are a Warrior your minimum Strength has to be 4.
If you are a Khainite your minimum Weapon Skill has to be 4.
If you are a Mage your minimum Intelligence has to be 4.

Am I reading this wrong? Or I take it you've quested with her before in other threads then? *is confuzzled*

Mod, Group 38
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

she has been altered to a more... suitable and extraordinary character indeed. There is a limit indeed though in the end it's to the moderator to accept it or not(I personally see no problem in it for the end total of 18 point is maintained and for every advantage there is a weakness, AND ever stat has a minimum of 1).

And on another thing, it keeps the character statistics original and new, instead of dull and monotone.

Equipment:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

So a 45 year old Warrior is going to be more skilled than a 250 year old Khainite? Sorry, but that seems a bit god-modey to me. Especially bending the rules to suit yourself after telling us all here how important it is to stick to them.

Sorry, I know I am new here and you have been RPing and GMing in these forums for six months. I respect you for that. But RP has limits and rules, otherwise we all end up with unconvincing and uberpowerful characters.

Maybe I'm taking the RP system here too seriously, and I have had a bit of a bad day... so apologies if I'm coming across as being grumpy. I have no intention of upsetting anyone or staring an argument.
Last edited by Nightcall on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mod, Group 38
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

there indeed is a limit to the abilities you have, I myself as a mod don't really care for the exact restrictions such as stats(as long as there are only 18 points and one on each, it really doesn't actually matter to me for how you place them(going to put this in the Moderator thread now that the restrictions on the classes are approved since this actually restricts you from having creatively made characters.)

And note that, age doesn't actually matter, it's the moment you're trained(see [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparta"]the spartans of ancient Greece[/url]).

If a khainite is trained from the age of 100, he'll be slower to learn then a child that is being trained from the age it could wield a short sword. It's basicly no more then how fast a person is taught.

Take our Lore Hero ShadowBlade, his lore stated that he's only 150 and already assassinated numerous well protected generals and nobles, so there is a possibility.

Ô_Ô... I'm not sure whether I should make a ^_^ or a Ô_Ô face now, cause I've just read Talahisior's place of birth...... that demands for a IC reaction!

Talahisior is a Khainite with an origin unknown, and he's trained in Har Ganeth. So is Ariël, though she origins from Har Ganeth(just like my other character Carathyle). Her training started the moment she could wield a short sword and therefore quickly adapted herself to it. Her skills with it were only honed with years of training, so that explains a bit of possible lore behind that little fact.

I've designed Ariël based around the profile of the Spartan Hoplite warriors, trained from extremely young age, hardened through numerous battles etc. Though without the wilderness(she's not an Autarii)

Equipment:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well if i may join... i will agree that for me the mainpoint is also it ends in 18. On the other hand even if she has more weapon skill it doesn't mean a 45 year old warrior beats a 250 year old khainite! for the matter of fact i would see most cases she does not, since her experience ain't high enough! But enough of that we are here to play not discuss rules, after all if you win or loose a fight is my descision! :twisted:
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hehe, well I guess Tal is going to have to be careful around Ariël, as his sort is a political enemy of the Temple. He will of course be keeping quiet about that, he hasn't reached 250 by being daft! XD

Like I said, I don't want to argue... just have fun! Oh, and I've amended my sig so you can see what he looks like, what do you think? :D

It is good that you are taking that suggestion forward, it is important to get the right balance between stats, imagination, and lore.

So how about a group hug, and see how evil Senluthan decides to be with us? :)

Mod, Group 38