OOC - Group 36 LOOKING FOR PLAYERS! PM ME

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

yeah that is how im seeing it too, Nightcall.

But i dont think it is something we should discuss in the OOC thread, i know i brought it up, but that was because Nardiz didn't have time to sit down and draw his idea. I am sorry I haven't used the best description in the IC post but what happened, happened and we will just have to deal with it.

But i am curious about the last formation/illustration you made Carathyle. Would you mind explaining how that formation would be good against skaven? Because to me it looks like a cluster of people without any idea what to do.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills: WS4, S4, T3, D3, I4
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Inventory: 12 gold, water bottle (1 liter).
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well i would agree with Carathyle on the names though you have been on the ship for some days now, and therefore had the opportunity to learn the names...

About the formations i would have thought arrowhead and wedge to be the same.

Plate armour would from my perspective be a specific type of armour - a leatherdoublet? with metal plates on. Just tried to translate the word with google. And therefore yeah it is a guite heavy. Sorry that it wasn't specific enough.

About the loose formation - I would think it has the advantages that the two in front will concentrate on everything in front of them - blocking and only killing those directly in front of them. All other rats go through to the second rank and some even to third. That way you let them through and the third row will have to kill all who comes to them. But the amount of rats that comes all the way there won't be so high. Aint that right Carathyle?

And Spectre precisely the battle begins now. And seriously you guys dont make it difficult for me to be mean to you! That unorganised I will try though to keep you alive.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

reading the statements it's more like this to me:

--D--F--
E--B--C
--------
---A---

which would give the front row the fall-back option, while maintaining shield wall formation. and gives extra defence from their backs and flanks.

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

and Sen, note that Skaven(I assume these are clanrats through their description) in this case, don't wear heavy armour. Heavy armour is what the storm vermin wear, and they use Halberds. To Ariël this is none the less cute, but still.

Try maintaining Lore if you're going with Skaven for example, or with High Elves, or with... well, what ever.

Skaven = simple, you got Slaves and Clanrats who are basicly the same. You got StormVermin, who equal to our Black Guards. Then you have the Rat ogres(how do I know? One of my friends play Skaven :P), these are bulky, fleshy type of Skaven.

Also, keep in mind that a mod doesn't have to be mean toward their players. Group 31 for example, wasn't mean toward its players. Okay, I threw the Maveric Brothers with them as guide, one talk active, one psychopath who was REALLY fond of cutting people in half(and not afraid of cutting two limbs at a time) but in combat I've always separated them, and only used my OP guides as saviors. Often enough, the talk active one annoyed the crap out of Minigrift's character Nathra :P and the psychotic one tended to draw his swords too soon.

Anyway, point being, I see no reason why a moderator should be mean toward their players. Sure, it's the mods business to make it difficult for the players, but not mean. And the players should make it difficult for the moderator as well, though the moderators tend to god-mod their characters... huh Sen?

Anyway, Spectre, it's not a battle formation. Skaven aren't stupid enough to attack Druchii, why do you think they're not in the grounds and sewers of Naggaroth(except for the cold ofcourse, and the cold ones...)

Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well all the mean thing is just for fun.. ^^ And personal I think the equipment can vary a lot from battle to battle, instead of only having one type - these rats have had the opportunity to get their hands on some pieves of armour... :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

a = Captain
b = Kailleth
c = Ariël
d = Nardiz
e = Talahisior
f = Evazorek
- = empty space

- d f - -
e - - - -
- - b - c
- - a - -

Ah right Carathyle, Tala is back and to the side of the front row. I've moved Ariël over so she is in the position shown in your drawing and Kailleth over a bit too (is this right Dreadlord?). In my next post I can put something about Tala falling back to join the third rank once those verminous fiends start attacking us.

:lol: I am enjoying your GMing, Sen. I wouldn't expect hearts and rainbows in druchii RP... I like to have something to keep my characters on their toes and living by their wits!
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Senluthan you still need to add Evazorek to the first post you made, the one with the rules.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Skills:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Okay, let me explain(through mister Spectre's early, premod post(Yes, I deleted the post to prevent confusion)) how this system works, so pay attention ya noobies :twisted:

This is how a RPG starts: Moderator starts the thread including the first modpost. Then the players join, each explaining how their characters got into the mess they're in and possible actions, then the mod posts again.

now that we covered the first 3 phases of the posting, let me explain to you how the RPG system here on druchii works. This is the sequence we use: Moderator, players, moderator, players etc. The players post 1 round, then the moderator decides on those actions, followed by another round for the players. So, spectre, it's not we all post, then you decide on your own actions! (for those who don't understand: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=69332)

In other words, the moderator has to post first before we do

Equipment:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well Carathyle i don't know what happened! Because you took the liberty of deleting a post! And that is not okay - if this group should work all the players have to be equal! And right now you're treating the other players as total noobs though they might not be. As for this reason i can see it fit that Nardiz does something else if the group doesn't do what he asks them too. And therefore another post might have been acceptable... I am saying this in this thread so that you as well as the others who play here knows that the way you are treating us right now is not okay! So either you choose to play here and not mod this group at all! Suggestions is fair enough be it with modesty. Or i will have to write your char out of this story.

I know i don't have a lot of experience with modding, but I can see that the mood if this continues in a week or 2 there won't be any players left. And then I will have gotten the ultimate failure as a mod because another mod didn't understand how to only play and not being a mod in this group. You don't go in another group and delete posts for another mod. And i SERIOUSLY expect that it won't happen again!!!!!!!!
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

Carathyle, this is not acceptable behaviour for a moderator.

We'll settle this in private.
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Okay Carathyle, there was 2 reasons I made a second post

1st reason:
Quote from Senluthan: ‘And Spectre precisely the battle begins now. And seriously you guys dont make it difficult for me to be mean to you! That unorganised I will try though to keep you alive.’
When reading this I thought ‘oh crap I don’t want Nardiz getting wounded in the first combat mod!’
Quote from Senluthan: ‘okay.. good you say it.. i will post during the weekend then... and the put the deadline to tuesday midday.. so I can make modpost tuesday evening’
When reading this I thought ‘well this might give me the chance I need to let Senluthan know what Nardiz will do in the battle’
So it is that simple, I didn’t want Nardiz wounded in the first few minutes of a fight and driven by that fear (however small it was) I wanted to make another post.

2nd reason:
I could read IC and OOC that pretty much nobody understood what I/Nardiz meant with the shield wall and as I wrote in the OOC thread: ’But i dont think it is something we should discuss in the OOC thread, i know i brought it up, but that was because Nardiz didn't have time to sit down and draw his idea. I am sorry I haven't used the best description in the IC post but what happened, happened and we will just have to deal with it.’ What I mean here is that we would have to deal with it IC, and that is what I did in the post, I/Nardiz tried to scare, paralyse with words and/or use insults to get Kailleth and Ariël into the shield wall, I know I might have stepped out of line from time to time, but IC we are druchii and that is what we do.

So to summarize what I have said:
1. I wanted to let Senluthan know how Nardiz would fight.
2. I wanted to get Kailleth and Ariël into the shield wall.

Oh and I will let you know that from now on I will save my posts on my computer so that I will always have them.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Oh just while i remember this:

When i posted a second time to the first mod i regretted it immediately, i dont know why i didn't just delete it. The post was pointless, i dont know what went through my head when pressing the submit button, but what happened happened.

So yeah now you know that.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

and thanks to that(along with my own quick reaction to it which was out of place indeed) I lost my Moderating rights. Thanks a bunch -.-'

Equipment:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well guys I am out playing volleyball right and just have a couple of min before we get into action.. When I get home in a couple of hours I will specify posting rules just to have done it and make the mod post with deadlin Tuesday midday... Sorry for the wait.. All these troubles we have had lately have taken my concentration.. But I expect that to be over with.

Sorry about any mistakes here write from my iPhone..
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Carathyle you cant blame it on me, which im sure everybody is screaming at you. I am sorry for you about losing you moderating right, i know how difficult and irritating that is.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well I have talked with Spectre now. And after all, I would have to agree that his post was out of place. Therefore I will specify the rules about posting more than once between modpost.

In case of dialogue it is definitely okay to post more than once, else the dialogue would be a bit strange... ;)
If the players does something so your player has to make a reaction, in this example since Kailleht and Ariël didn't want to do as he says, then it could be relevant what Nardiz will do as a reaction to that. But in these cases I will ask you to keep it short and simple.

In almost all fighting scenes it is not appropriate. And also I would like you to think where you are, in case you are making reponses to each other. Still in this case, the skaven are charging and therefore you don't have long to choose what to do and to talk in generally.

Hopefully this is not something new, and if you have any questions instead of just posting, then ask in here if it is appropriate or not.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

In the regard to lack of introductions... I will post player names in my narrative for purpose of clarity. I won't have Tala address them by name though unless introductions are made, or unless he feels bold enough to assume that he has learned the names of his associates through the captain shouting orders.

Tala has moved back, so as I see it currently, we are grouped up like this (?):

a = Captain
b = Kailleth
c = Ariël
d = Nardiz
e = Talahisior
f = Evazorek
- = empty space

- d f - -
- - - - -
e b a - c
- - - - -

As Kailleth and Ariël haven't posted yet, I have not placed them in the diagram where the captain has told them to go. I'll leave this to them. ;)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

well nightcall they have already moved to the positions described in the mod, they dont really have a choice in the matter
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Ah yes, I just thought it would be better for them to post where they are as they see fit :)

Mod, Group 38
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Witness and weap, for it is Ariël thei will see.

Now with maximum amount of skin, without revealing anything ^_^

WARNING! HEAVY PICTURE!

ARIËL

Btw, hate bb-codes here on Druchii. It goes against the very thing I've learned during my webdesign education and that is... Text within double quotes when putting it in a Href!

Equipment:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Good effort, Carathyle. Nice to see how you envision her. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

I've forgotten tons of details :P and I was too dissatisfied when I coloured it, so I've figured I'd posted her without any colour at all ^_^'

Equipment:
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Wow I missed a bit. Well I’m back but later than expected, I will post after work tonight.

Oh and at the provincial warhammer finals I went 3-1-1 and earned the best sports award.
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Nice gratz Dread.. :D And nice pict Carathyle.. :D looking good, well if you would make sure to post in IC-thread so we can continue the story and battle! :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

sry about my very late post Senluthan, must say i am looking forward to what you will do if Carathyle and dreadlord doesnt respond in time :twisted:
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills: