OOC - Group 36 LOOKING FOR PLAYERS! PM ME

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Valin said no thank you, oh yeah both Nardiz and Tala doesn't have anymore poison on their main weapons...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

*facepalms* Sorry Sen, I was following the flow from Spectre's post when he gave the order for Tala to take care of the scouting party with Valin.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Thats okay, the next time it happens (and ofc it is gonna happen again, it is roleplay after all, and when you live yourself into the char someone has to do it sooner or later) i will probably just ignore the part that takes the story too far.

Also all of you, I expect to hear how you fight. My question though is: Do you want to hear how you finish your opponents? or should i just give you a kill and let it be up to you wether it was a stab, cut or whatever that finished them off?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Well Sen unless I have misunderstood the way RPing works then we tell you what attacks and actions we make and then you decide if we succeed.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills: WS4, S4, T3, D3, I4
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Inventory: 12 gold, water bottle (1 liter).
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

that is true, and that is how I want it.. but sometimes (often) i go a bit further than your describtion... and it would be for those times... In my latest post, i choose to just say Tala finish of the last two human. but i could have described how. It is for those times, what would you prefer?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Just a quick heads up.

I still dont have a clear idea about what Nardiz will do and it is very likely that I will not make the deadline.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

okay.. well nardiz have led the 4 guys in towards the village. The fighting in the front stopped, someone sprang a trap on you, took out 2 guys and fled after got killed 3 out of 5 had been taken out. I need to konw what you will do from now on...

If the posts are up, I will make mod before i go on weekend, but 19 (+1) is the latest I can come at my com...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Nice MG, it would be too much assuming that you hit the target... ^^ but I will continue the hunt for you, though the details of thoughts jumps and so on I leave to you. :D ^^
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

And I thought this was supposed to be a fast paced RP :P

Sen, I don't really mind either way, you can have Nathra do the kills or I can, makes no difference so long as she's actually killing them! Just go with whatever feels right at the time.

Also, how many 'actions' should we do per post? In Group 34 Kayla usually does three or four actions per post (APP), then Smiler determines which is successful and incorporates them all into his mod-post. Doing one APP would take an age, especially during a fight, so to keep things fairly fast paced we do several bits of the fight at one time.

I was going to have Nathra go for both her targets in one post, but was unsure if this would be too much for you to mod in one sitting. Was I right to make it easier for you? :roll:

One last thing which I am curious about - how do you determine whether our actions are successful or not? I hope you're doing the 'dice-rolling' thing, and giving us pluses or negatives depending on the quality of our posts and the skills/stats our characters have. If you're not doing this, shame on you!

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get a better idea of how you operate 8)

EDIT (since you ninja'd me :shock: )

Groovy!

I do try not to make assumptions as that has landed me in trouble with my other group, it is difficult, though I will try my best :lol:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Well, since neither Night nor Spectre have made many assumption to what they do in a fight, I usually take their actions determine succes based on what I think is fun... and continue the story further based on what I expect is their fighting style.

Well I can start making the dice roll if that is what the group wants... but I haven't done so this far.

Well about going further than a couple of actions, what happens if you fail some of them?, therefore as soon as it comes to killing someone, then stop the current post, and as you did say if she succeeds, she will go for the other "runaway" that way I can continue the story further than your post, and I can determine the succes of the actions.
So definitely tell me what is happening if it fails or not. ^^

Hope it makes sence, I ended up just writing without much thought on how it came out... xD
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Eurgh, I'm a bit confused now I'm afraid.

Has the scouting party been killed? How do you want us to proceed? I'm nervous after my last post that Tala will tell Valin and the archers to do something that is incorrect. :/
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

well the search party is out, and i would prefer Tala takes control of Valin and the other,
And I expect you continue with the raid, it depends on you wether you start rading the houses or will join the fighting/try and find it... :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Well, Nightcall made a very big assumption in her last post :lol:

If my character fails any action, it's for the mod to decide what happens, not me. I can only say what they will do in any given circumstance, and that depends on the situation.

You just about made sense, lol. Had no complaints about my post so will 'assume' that it is fine :roll:
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Thanks Sen... hmm... what would Tala do..? :twisted:

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Yep... She did... ^^ but okay thats what happens when you get to deep into this.. :P and no your post was great MG... :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Awesome!

There are times when I also get too involved with these RP's, so yeah... Awesome :D
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Oops, just saw the simul post MiniGrift. Yeah, I buggered it up back there. >.<

I'm always happy to edit my posts if I cock things up at all! I tend to post early in the morning when my little un is asleep so sometimes can miss things due to tiredness! Just give me a poke if I have misread anything ;)

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

thank you Sen didn't notice I had posted twice sorry about that. what can you tell me about the weapons and armor that the ambush force has? Expecting it to be spears and forks (not counting the archers).
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

yep... light to none armour, also a couple of hammers... basically what you can expect peasants to go to fight with... xD
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Perfectly understandable, Nightcall, it's all too easy to get carried away and make assumptions, especially when your enjoying yourself ;)

Anyway, Sen, I'm sure you will let me know if my post is less than adequate...
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nightcall, Valin in one of the archers. You have two of the npc's (armed with crossbows, swords and shields) and Valin with you, he is however afk at the moment.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Mm, I did wonder that, Spectre. But Sen has not said about Valin in his latest mod post. [goes back to re-read] Ah, I see he has put 3 archers... I take it Valin is one of those?

Sen, is this correct? I'll amend my post once you let me know. I feel like I'm losing the plot... :?

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

yeah that is the way im seeing it as well. Valin does have a bow in his equipment.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Losing the plot? the plot so far is just a simple raid... but i can speed it up a bit... and yeah as long as I haven't heard from Cananatra I am just letting Valin tack along as one of the three archers.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Okies, thanks :) I'll go tweak my post.

Mod, Group 38