Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:59 pm



Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Group 38 - Chapter 3 - Darkness Awaits 
Author Message
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm
Posts: 844
Location: England
Gilvaad quickly took the opportunity to search for something to produce a make-shift torch. Whilst there was splintered wood and blood-soaked cloth aplenty, there was nothing that would do as fuel. He managed to procure himself a small bag of coins, but it was a paltry amount. Still, it made him a richer man than this morning. He hoped his fortunes improved soon.

Kailleth tried to strike a conversation with the grim faced warrior before him, but was struck down with silence. He was used to the arrogance of more highly ranked Druchii in the ranks, and took himself to the rear of the group to form a guard, quietly making a mental note of the slight upon him. His search for goods was hurried, and he settled for a leather flask of water. There was no knowing how long the passageway was, and his throat was dry from the dusty air already. The sounds of their enemies trying to break a way through the rubble could be heard, and chinks of light were permeating through the dust in greater numbers. If those weak Asur broke through, he and the other survivors would need to be far from sight, or at least prepared to defend themselves. He remarked to Amanthus to motivate himself into getting a move on or making himself useful.

The Mage hunched around his new-found staff at having drawn attention to himself, and moved forwards with the rest of the group. He walked just over a sword's length ahead of Kailleth, the dim blue light from the staff's stone lighting the damp stone walls of the narrow tunnel around the group, and lighting faces eerily.

A better glow was given from the orb that Nathra had acquired. Walking in front of Amanthus, her harpy cloak flapped as she took long strides through the dark passageway. The orb was cool to the touch, and not as heavy as it looked. Seemingly made from a shaped crystal, gold, reds, and oranges danced around the strange stone, causing light to flicker on the tunnel walls as if lit by a hearth. It was enough to help light their way, despite the long shadows cast from the combination of the High Elf orb and the Mage's staff.

At the head of the group, behind Gilvaad, Cade and the General walked. The warrior had made himself an impromptu bodyguard. If Thaekan died, any favour that he bestowed upon the warrior would be lost. So it was in Cade's best interest to keep him alive.

Slowly but with sure footedness, the group made their way into the dark. They were now at least two hundred yards from the entrance to the passage; the granary was disappearing from sight. Where this would lead them, they could not be certain.

Amboadine - Gilvaad is treading slowly into the passageway.
+ 10 silver.

JC - You and the General are behind Gilvaad and have just entered the passageway.

Dreadlord - Kailleth is at the back of the group, walking slowly behind and providing a rear guard. + 1 flask of water.

Trosfuktaren - Amanthus is not familiar with the staff yet, so the ambient glow of the stone is providing just enough light for him to see by. He is at the back of the group, just ahead of Kailleth.

MG - Nathra is roughly in the middle of the procession into the tunnel. The light from the orb is very useful.

_________________
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38


Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Cold One Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 245
Location: BC canada
Kailleth moved on with the rests of the group down the tunnel staying to the rear of the assassin lead procession with the eccentric looking Mage ahead of him. As Kailleth moved down the tunnel he moved with his body turned so his left side and shield were in the direction of the Granary. He had sheathed his sword as he stooped to pick up the flask of liquid before entering the passageway, and now he rested his right hand upon the hilt of his blade.

Kailleth watching the mouth of the tunnel he could still make out the sounds of the asur tearing through the rubble resulting in shifting beams of light, he occasionally look ahead to stop him from stumbling in too someone which was made easier by the soft light emanating from the mage's staff, eerie although it was.

Kailleth will keep his shield to the entrance and be cautious

_________________
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld


Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:03 am
Profile
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 3510
Location: Investigating Mantica
Moving cautiously into the tunnel, Gilvaad was glad for any light, his dark vision not able to penetrate the complete darkness. The flickering glow of the stone held by the harpy clad harridan and the staff of the nervous looking mage were illuminating just enough of the passage to proceed, although it was a little disconcerting the way the blue and red hues were combining and casting strange dancing shadows around the group.

Pausing for a few seconds to listen for an dangers, he keeps his eyes forward and away from the lights to keep his eyes adjusted to the darkness.

Not willing to waste any more time, he pushes onwards into the dark tunnel.

Gilvaad will move forward, one dagger drawn, carefully keeping his eyes moving around and ears open looking and listening for any hidden dangers.

_________________
My Kings of War Plog - Forces of Nature

My Kings of War Plog - Twilight Kin / Nightstalkers


Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm
Posts: 844
Location: England
Their eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness as they continued into the dark passage. The light of Nathra's orb, and the staff that Amanthus held tightly cast shadows about the group. The sound of the rubble around the Granary entrance being removed grew more distant thanks to the ground they had gained. But was it enough?

With a sudden rumble, much of the ruined masonry was pulled away, and a beam of light filled the dusty room behind them before being blocked by the moving silhouettes of High Elves. Dying Druchii groaned as the enemy found the survivors and sent them to Khaine with knives or swords. The sound of angry voices could be heard, and then a pause, before one yelled out. The light from the Granary diminished as a party of High Elves made their way towards the passage entryway.

It was Kailleth that noticed the approach first, and the rest of the party paused as an action was decided upon.

"Khaine's teeth, what now?" Growled General Thaekan, unsheathing one of his swords.

Nathra glanced at the Mage and the staff, wondering if anything as equally disastrous as it's previous wielder had cast would be attempted again.

All - there is a party of Asur heading into the passage behind you. Unknown number yet, might be an equal amount to you. Due to the darkness and silhouette forms of them in the entryway, you can't tell what they are equipped with. You better hope they're not Shadow Warriors!

Dreadlord - Kailleth should brace himself, and maybe suggest something defensive.

Amboadine - Gilvaad is out of harm's way for now, not sure how long this will last though.

_________________
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38


Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Cold One Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 245
Location: BC canada
A chill ran up Kailleth's spine as he looked down the tunnel and saw the large splash of light indicating the asur had broke through the rubble and would soon fined the avenue of there escape,

The moaning of the druchii left behind picked up in pitch and volume as the asur took out there wrath. Kailleth hoped that they would be to caught up in there anger to notice the large opening for a time but only fools and the dying hope. There was a shocked shout and some panicked barking of orders and the the back light silhouettes of asur could be made out at the mouth of the tunnel obviously moving closer,

Kailleth whistled loudly to the others then said in a grim voice "we have company" he then drew one of his swords and crouched in a defensive stance shield held in front sword levelled behind, he try to square his body as best he could to fit his bulk behind his shield to make himself smaller target from any missiles The pursuers may have, He continued to back up in this stance to stand with the others in the party,


Kailleth will back up until ether he is with the others or the enemy closes within 25 yards then he will brace himself with his shoulder bent in to a shield, trying to keep close to the left wall, if the asur crash into he will Crutch low and smash his shield up into his adversary followed by a kick to there knee and a trust at the pelvis
.

_________________
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld


Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 pm
Profile
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 3510
Location: Investigating Mantica
The sudden influx of light into the tunnel momentary confused Gilvaad.
'Damn those Asur, I thought we had a little more time' , he thought to himself.

Organising his thoughts quickly he draws blowpipe out and ensures his darts are quickly available.

"We have company" he hears the warrior trailing at the rear announce.

Well obviously. ..

Not waiting for the group to organise fully he pulls up his cloak hood and looks for likely places to get a clear shot.

Gilvaad will move himself away from the Asur and try to shrink into the shadow. He will then prepare to use the blowpipe from a distance and take a clear shot if available.

_________________
My Kings of War Plog - Forces of Nature

My Kings of War Plog - Twilight Kin / Nightstalkers


Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:22 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm
Posts: 844
Location: England
The stealthy retreat into the passageway was replaced by the sounds of clattering armour, heavy footfalls, and scraping off the narrow rock walls to either side, which echoed thinly down the tunnel. Kailleth took a defensive poise, bracing to block any assailants. There was a whistle, followed by the thud of an arrow hitting his shield, which bounced off and against the wall to his left. The warrior instinctively ducked as another shot was sent in his direction.

Gilvaad wasted no time in replying to their new friends. Having loaded a dart into his blowpipe, he raised it to his lips and slowly inhaled as his stony eyes picked out a target in the silhouette forms behind them. With a sharp exhale of breath, the dart shot forward and a shout of surprise was uttered.

Amboadine - You got one! He's not dead yet... give it a minute for the venom to kick in.

Dreadlord - They have at least one archer. You can't see if they are Shadow Warriors or standard High Elf bowmen.

_________________
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38


Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 3510
Location: Investigating Mantica
As the dart left the blowpipe, Gilvaad drew a in a fresh breath and was satisfied to hear the shout of surprise as the dart pierce the Asur flesh.

One down... hopefully this group is as capable as they look

Gilvaad will ready another dart, keep to the shadows and take cover behind the others

_________________
My Kings of War Plog - Forces of Nature

My Kings of War Plog - Twilight Kin / Nightstalkers


Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:27 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
The darkness pressed in around them. The escape route was barely able to fit them all moving. Armed in various metals and armors as bunched as they were, they could only be so quiet. Gaelus wasn't surprised to hear voices behind them but that didn't stop him from making an audible groan.

Two of their party halted to make a stand. The shielded one braced against a wall and raised his shield to provide cover for the party. Two arrows in short order were fired in their direction. One found the shield, one found empty darkness, by khaine's grace. The other that had stopped, fire a blowdart in the direction of their pursuers. Gaelus smirked in the darkness, A blowdart, really. That won't do much for us now friend.

In a quick turn, Gaelus unholstered his handbow and fired quickly towards any sound he could make out over the two that had stopped. We must keep moving! I suggest you do the same, we'll not be waiting for "bravery". But if that is your wish, I'll not stop you!, he smiled and then moved quickly to urge the general and the rest of the party on. He looked about at them, Don't suppose any of you keep a collection of caltrops about with you? Now would be a good time to speak up.

Will fire his handbow at their pursuers, urge the party on and see if anyone is carrying any quick to set up traps to slowdown anyone behind them

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 am
Profile
Cold One Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 245
Location: BC canada
Kailleth heard the twang of a bow string and and saw the momentary glint of light off the arrow head as the shaft cut through the air and smashed against his shield and ricocheting off clattering against the wall to his left, this caused him to duck his head behind the shield as another shaft flew through air.

Kailleth snared at the asur as he continued retreating backwards, the general's bodyguard unloaded his hand bow and started spouting orders at the party, Kailleth snorted and spared the Druchii a glance and replayed in a dark tone " theres no brave sacrifices coming out of my hide, but if u want to run and get shot in the back then go"

Kailleth will continue to back up in a defensive position with the same plan as before

_________________
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld


Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm
Posts: 844
Location: England
Cade's shout urged the group not to pause any longer. His own arrows joined the conversation of projectiles through the narrow passageway. Kailleth snarled his reply, before raising his shield to deflect another arrow. Gilvaad loaded up his blowpipe once more, and with a sharp puff, launched another dart back down the passageway as Nathra toyed with the thought of letting fly one of her shurikens. In this darkness, it was too much of a risk; she had already lost so many in the tower and battlements.

None had answered Cade's query regarding caltrops. It seemed they were ill prepared for such a situation. Their enemies seemed to be now running towards them; the sounds of footsteps were more hurried and gaining ever more close. "Damn them, I'll not be hunted down like a rat in a sewer!" roared Lord Thaeken. Torn between meeting the enemy in combat and the more sensible approach of retreating backwards, his anger simmered and threatened to boil over. His pride hurt, he had risked all and lost all. His angry movements slowed the group, making retreat difficult.

So far Amanthus had been silent, keeping his head down and doing all he could to survive. The staff ached in his hands, and a whisper at the back of his mind urged him to test his powers...

All - Now the High Elves are closer, there seem to be about 10 heading down the passageway.

_________________
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38


Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am
Posts: 3510
Location: Investigating Mantica
Letting the second dart fly, Gilvaad took stock of the situation and decided no more use would come from missile fire.
Quickly storing the blowpipe he sighed and pulled out one of his knives.

Not my preferred method of combat, but needs must. Why doesn't the magic user do anything..?

Deciding that his energy was better used concentrating on the coming fight rather than the lack of cohesion in the group or the short comings of mages, he peers into the tunnel to see the Asur coming quickly.

Gilvaad will move into a defensive stance, knife drawn and positioning myself behind the General and bodyguard, and continue to retreat backwards down the tunnel.

_________________
My Kings of War Plog - Forces of Nature

My Kings of War Plog - Twilight Kin / Nightstalkers


Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:08 pm
Profile
Cold One Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 245
Location: BC canada
More bow strings snapped and Kailleth was reworded with a jarring impact to his shield again, Kailleth heard the general rant and felt the anger radiating off him, he thought too mock the dread lord on is indecision but decided against it given the circumstances, instead he decided try to play to the dread lords emotions,

In a angry but somber tone Kailleth said "we're dead even if we make it back to Naggaroth, better to die with a blade in our hands then on the sacrificial alter". Setting his grim attention to the charging asur Kailleth muttered to himself, "May the dark mother guide my blade and damn these wretches souls"

Kailleth will brace himself with his shoulder bent in to a shield, trying to keep close to the left wall, if the asur crash into he will Crutch low and smash his shield up into his adversary followed by a kick to there knee and a trust at the pelvis.

_________________
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld


Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:32 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software