Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:56 pm



Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Group 40 - Witch Hunt 
Author Message
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
An Ominous Letter
Minigrift wrote:
The hooded male with albino eyes appeared from the coiled mist which had instantly manifested out of thin air. The elf was dressed from head to toe in black leather and had so many daggers stashed about his person it was a wonder he wasn't accompanied by a chiming musical score. He was an assassin, that much was obvious. His eyes were completely white and his mouth was covered with a black mask. He greeted with a nod from several metres away and held out a sealed envelope, ready to be taken from his grasp.

The letter reads:

As Drachua and ruler of Noble House and the city of Everain, you have been summoned to counsel with me and my inner circle. Make haste, for time is of the essence. You will find me at the city hall. Let my messenger know you accept my invitation and he will transport you here.

Regards

_______________________________________________________________________________

The letter is addressed to your character - I sent the same PM to everyone so couldn't add individual names. The letter will also be delivered when your character is alone so there are no witnesses to the exchange. Your character accepts, obviously (he'll kill them if they don't ;) ) and the messenger will then transport you to the city.

The city hall is your characters destination :)

Have fun!

MG

The city of Everain was well known for it's miserable climate, but this night was particularly vicious. Lashes of rain bounced off the walls and pavements, and cascaded down the roofs of of the buildings in unending rivulets. Dark, foreboding clouds swirled thickly in the night sky and the occasional, yet persistent, rumble of thunder reverberated through the night. The wind howled in morbid song, relentless, unmerciful, battering against the two melancholy guards huddled up against the barred southern gates of the city.

Two guards, dressed in furs, sea dragon cloaks and the medium armour of the city watch, looked out along the South road leading into the country side. Both held halberds close to their chests, as if seeking some small comfort from the unceasing weather. One spotted a figure approaching the city then stared to his companion until he noticed the stranger as well. They waited. When the robed and hooded elf was ten or so foot away the first guard walked out to greet him.

"Traveller, Everain is closed. Don't you know there is a plague sweeping across the countryside? We also have, ah, troubles with restless souls and the Drachau of the city has ordered no one to enter - or leave. What is your business here?" The second guard moved up to stand at the opposite side of the road to the first, he loosened his halberd threateningly but made no other move towards the stranger.

* * * * *

In the north-eastern section of Everain another portal appeared and a dark-cloaked mage stepped out, only to fall, stumbling forward onto his knees and be violently sick into the drenched grass. His crystal-topped staff tumbled out after him. The dark figure of the assassin stepped out after him and lingered just long enough to grin at the sight before stepping back into the portal. Both he and the portal disappeared in an instant.

The mage, still feeling groggy from his impromptu journey through the magical portal, could ascertain his whereabouts well enough and, looking up over the garden wall, could see the high-spire of the city hall rising up from the centre of the city like a giants spear. A destitute house with shattered windows stood behind him - it was clearly, once upon a time, a house which belonged to a noble. There was no signs of any residents, or indeed, any life whatsoever. The garden gate was up ahead, leading out onto a cobbled street which ran in the direction Clavisson needed to go.

The subdued sounds of a skirmish were heard over the garden wall, possibly several streets away.

* * * * *

A similar occurrence happened just minutes later at the north-western side of the city, only this time the mage had the misfortune of arriving with the portal suspended several metres above ground level. He tumbled out with wide-eyed shock as he was propelled towards the ground like an elven missile. Fortunately, the elf was dexterous enough to land smoothly on his feet. His stomach felt somewhat unsettled from the magical voyage but he was otherwise fine.

Valin looked up to the portal but it was already gone. The mage had arrived at the end of a residential street which was empty of life and polluted by the stench of the city sewers. The stench emanated from one direction, the mage needed to go in the opposite direction where he could see the high-spire of the city hall illuminated by a lively spark of lightning.

At the end of the street three armoured town-guards ran past the opening, the one nearest the warrior glanced at him but paid the stranger no heed. The guards quickly disappeared again and were obviously in a hurry to get some place.

* * * * *

A scant ten minutes later another portal appeared in the south-eastern part of the city. A tall elf in light armour and sea dragon cloak stepped onto the curved roof of a squat building. Unfortunately, the roof was both extremely slippery and in serious need of repair. The warrior slid and fell sideways, his bulk crashing through the roof as if it were glass. He landed hard on a wooden floor, though uninjured the fall winded him and he struggled for breath. The after effects of the magical gateway made his stomach churn, though his hardy constitution easily shrugged it away.

From several metres above him came the sound of muted laughter - evidently his guide found something amusing.

For several seconds Grish lay in the dark as he recuperated his senses. There was a pungent stench, near overpowering, of stale alcohol, puke, sweat, and of something decomposing. The table he had landed on smashed on impact, bits of it were strewn around the room. In the darkness he could see tables, stools and a bar festooned with bottles. If Grish needed a drink, this was the place for it.

Then, out of the darkness, a skittering sound alerted the warrior to a presence, followed by a low, keening wail. He could not see it, though whatever it was was behind the bar.

* * * * *

The last portal to appear arrived in the south-eastern part of the city. Of all places, at the end of a graveyard. A nimble, athletically young khainite was hurtled from her portal, narrowly missed being creamed by a large tombstone though her thigh hit it hard and she fell awkwardly into the mulch-wet grass. She propped herself up enough just in time to emit a stream of vomit onto the grave next to her.

"Whoops!" Came a deadpan, monotonous voice behind her. "Most dreadfully sorry, my dear. The portal is losing stability." By the time Se'alara looked the messenger and the portal were long gone.

It was practically pitch black in the graveyard as the moon was hidden by dark, angry clouds and the nearest torches was several hundred yards from where she stood. Looking north, there were torches lighting a path behind several houses. To her left, two torches lit the gates to the graveyard.



Taldein is approaching the south gate and has been questioned by the guards. How does he respond?

Clavisson has landed in a noble-man's garden. He still feels sick from his journey but has managed to recover enough to have a look around. What will he do?

Valin has landed safely and managed to not be sick, though he still feels queasy. He can investigate the guards if he wishes to.

Grish has landed on the floor of a tavern. He is winded (though recovering fast) but otherwise unhurt. He is not alone, however.

Se'alara suffered the worst from her journey through the warren. She will have a bruise on her thigh and still feels ill from her travel. She is alone, for the moment, so can head whichever way she chooses.

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Sun May 19, 2013 12:01 am
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 910
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The portal was a very interesting little piece of magic, or so Valin thought to himself prior to actually using it. After using it his estimation had fallen slightly, as had he. It seemed his guide had seen fit to place his portal a good distance above the street rather than as would commonly be expected, upon ground level. Looking up it had already faded though so he was unable to tell exactly how far he had fallen. “Hmm, mustn’t have been all that far so,” he muttered to himself as he brushed his hands across his frayed robes. “No broken bones to mend. Though seems to have done something to my inner ear, stomach is irked.” He nodded his head from side to side to see if it made any difference. At this point the smell hit him. Clearly this street used the in the gutter approach to waste disposal.

As he was contemplating using a touch of magic to sooth away the stomach problems a trio of guards hurtled passed not far away. One glancing briefly at him before hurrying on. A quick look about made it perfectly clear the direction he had to go was right. The guards had ran off left. Clearly there was no choice.

Valin scampers off after the guards.

_________________
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance


Sun May 19, 2013 12:56 am
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8688
Location: Hag Graef
It was the first time Clavisson had used such a portal. He knew about their existence, but the mechanism was using Shadows, pretty much the opposite of Light, and he felt no affinity with it.
Now he was in... an abandoned garden?

Clavisson noted in his mind:
Code:
Sunday. My new boss is Drachua, ruler of the city of Everain.
Mission: counseling the ruler and his circle. Further instructions pending.
Urgence: highest.
Rendez-vous: city hall.

Side notes:
Everain: reputation of miserable climate.
Drachua's tools: assassins; magic portals.
Drachua's character: quick to make deals.


Hmm. Where's the city hall? Must be that high-spire looking like a giant spear.
The garden gate was up ahead, leading out onto a cobbled street.
The direction was appropriate. Clavisson hasted in that direction.

As he was walking, he noted the general aspect of the city:
Were people looking generally happy, suspicious, miserable, wealthy? What were the social classes and how did they interact?
What was sold in shops? Where there many temples? To which gods? Where there wealthy?
How professional was the guard inside of the city? Was there any library, public administration office?
Where was the loo?

_________________
Clavisson the detective - WS3 S2 T4 D4 I5
Equipment: Staff, dagger (throwing).
Inventory: diverse lighters, candles and black powder
Skills: Power of Hysh (1), Urban Lore
Class: Mage (Light)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Sun May 19, 2013 6:17 am
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
"Oh holy khaine," even Se'alara herself could not be sure if it was a prayer or a curse as she finally stopped vomiting long enough to spit out a coherent sentence. Such Vauvalka magic was clearly deeply flawed, perhaps the local Hag should be told that the Drachau made use of such, it could rightly mean his head and the temple could make good use of information of that sort. It was a possibility, but she had been subjected to that magic and the elf who held the allegiance of such an assassin was not one to anger lightly. She would hold her tongue for now. As laid forth in the 17th scroll 'the unwise rush foolishly to slaughter, the faithful act in the knowledge and wisdom of Khaine', a passage with many meanings and long to be studied over but apt to the situation. She would have to know more of this city and it's ruler before any meaningful decision could be made.

Gathering the strength to rise to her feet Se'alara clamboured up rubbing at her bruised thigh and tugging her hood over her head. A storm was brewing. A quick glance at her surroundings was enough to tell her that she had been deposited in a house of the dead, a strange in inauspicious place to begin a journey but seemingly deserted on this foul night. From what little she knew of the lesser city of Evarin such nights were not uncommon.

'Where to go?' she asked herself 'I am commanded to go to the city hall but who knows what is waiting there? A Drachau of questionable character to employ Vauvalka, but perhaps a chance to further my cause, a task from a Drachau must surely provide opportunity to face warriors of worth and skill.

In the end Se'alara knew she had no where else to go, save perhaps to seek out the temple if such a city even had one. She did not know where it was or how to get there but the city hall must surely be a large and central building. Taking her bearings as best she could Se'alara began walking towards the centre of town searching for a street sign or perhaps an elf to ask directions from.

Heading towards the city hall and keeping an eye out for elves she can talk to in order to find out the way and/or more about the situation in Evarin.

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
The rain continued to lash Taldein's cloak as he approached the walled city before him. A bastian in the gloom, Taldein did not know exactly what brought him to this city. It had been not long since his pilgrimage to Har Ganeth was redirected by that fateful, bloody, and all-to-real dream that left him with a face he still had yet to come to recognize. Something spoke within him to head to the city of Everain. He knew it was here that he would take the first steps along the path that Khaine had sent him.

A guard moved to block his path as he approached the city gates. Halbard in hand, he saw his compatriot move to a supporting place around him. They are only doing their jobs. Remember this. Unless they overstep their bounds, the judgement of Khaine is not to be theirs, he reminded himself.

Traveller, Everain is closed. Don't you know there is a plague sweeping across the countryside? We also have, ah, troubles with restless souls and the Drachau of the city has ordered no one to enter - or leave. What is your business here?, he spoke to him.

Taldein didn't want to engage in a battle of words with the guard. Nor did he care to try to explain that it was his dreams that sent him here. He though such an explanation would probably only make things more difficult for him.

So he halted, and extended his mind to the shadows around him. The lights of the gates created plenty from which to draw. Particularly the one cast across his cowled head from his draich in a manner contradictory to placement of the source of light. Concentrating, he gathered the gloom of the shadows and place them into his words, projecting a numbing, muddling force into the minds of the guards so that they would be unwilling to challenge him further.

He raised his head, letting slip some of his long, white hair from the cowl, his bronze eyes flickering from the reflected light as he prepared to speak to the guards. My business is of the bloody-handed god's. Fear not for you or your Drachau, my presence will not burden your city further. Khaine welcomes your understanding and discretion in this manner., he said calmly, projecting the muddling shadows into the guards' minds. With that, he readjusted his draich on his shoulder and made to continue his movement into the city.

Taldein will call upon the shadows to form a spell that will muddle the minds of the guards so they would no longer challenge his entrance into the city and efficiently subdue their curiousities enough to allow him in. He will then continue on his path into the city

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 am
Profile
Slave (off the Altar)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:40 am
Posts: 22
Grith Greyram had read the letter from the Drachau of Everain with a smile. It didn’t matter to him for the moment how a Drachau had learned his name, only that a person of such power and position was calling for his counsel. Griths’s quest to seize nobility for himself could be shortened drastically with the favor and patronage of a Drachau, even one of a minor city. It was an opportunity beyond Grith’s wildest hopes and one he would do anything to turn to his advantage.

Caution was overtaken by excitement and Grith went smiling into the portal with the assassin. He stepped out still smiling, despite the rolling in his stomach and the mode of transportation far beyond his capacity to understand. The smile ended immediately as Grith’s boots came down a treacherous, rain slick rooftop. He wildly windmilled his arms to try to keep his balance, but in a blink of an eye, his feet followed the slope of the roof, shooting out from underneath him and slamming his armoured body down hard enough to smash through the roof.

The first impact was followed by the briefest moment of weightlessness as he fell backward through darkness, then he smashed into a flat surface, which then collapsed and dropped him again onto a floor in a hail of roof tiles, wooden shards and debris. Having all the air driven from his body cleared away the nauseous effects of magical travel almost immediately but left him nearly senseless for a second as he gasped to refill his lungs with air. He recovered his breath and, slowly, his wits and rose unsteadily, untangling his sea dragon cloak from around him and shaking out the debris from its folds while the laughter of the assassin above him faded into the darkness. Grith seethed in anger at the laughter and his own clumsiness but was still too hoarse to voice a comment to the guide. He contented himself with a feeble but very rude gesture concealed by his cloak and aimed towards the dark ceiling somewhere above.

The smell hit him hard, almost driving away his breath again. A glance around the shadow filled room confirmed what the stench had told him. Grith was young, but he still knew a tavern when he smelled one. Before he could do anything else, a skittering sound and a wail snapped his attention to the bar in the darkness and sent a chill from between his shoulders up his neck. Reflexively, Grith sidestepped past the wreckage of the table and chairs he had smashed, finding a clear area to allow freer maneuvering. His left hand flicked his heavy cloak away from his sword, while his right automatically seized the leather wrapped grip and began pulling the long blade from the sheath.

His thoughts caught up with his instinct and training and stopped the motion before his sword could fully clear the sheath, his guide, the assassin could be the one making the noise. It wouldn’t do to draw a blade against an assassin in the dark, even having never seen an assassin's skill in person, Grith didn’t like his chances. Even more importantly, the assassin was the chosen envoy of the Drachau and he couldn’t risk displeasing someone who could grant all his dreams.

Grith gathered his breath and tried for his best imitation of the imperious tone used by the noble born, “My guide? Is that you in the darkness? I have no wish to raise my blade against a friend, speak out so we don’t risk bloodshed.”

Even as he spoke, Grith felt his doubts weaken, he was nearly certain that whatever was behind the bar in the shadows was neither the assassin, nor friendly. He was even more certain he would need his sword before he found a way out of the strangely abandoned tavern. That thought triggered another and Grith realized he needed to find a way out, if only to find a more advantageous position to fight the wailing threat from.

Grith will wait a moment for the assassin to respond before fully drawing his sword and taking a defensive stance. Keeping his attention on the bar, he will try to look for a window or door outside, and move towards it keeping his sword between himself and the skittering sound.

_________________
_______________
Group 40
Grith Greyram (Warrior)
WS:4 S4: T:5 D:3 I:2
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain


Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 am
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
As Valin had likely already surmised, he had entered the city of Everain in the slums district. He recovered quickly from his sudden bout of illness and decided to follow the three guards he had spotted. As the mage rounded the corner he emerged onto the remains of a market street with all of the stalls dismantled and broken. The street curved upwards and ended at a four-way junction with a single, massive pyre happily burning away in it's centre.

All three guards approached the bonfire, two turned left and the last, who had spotted Valeth, turned right. A second later a loud curse was heard, then the first two guards ran across the junction and joined the third guard once again. The grunts and yells of a melee soon ensued as the guards battled an unknown foe. Curious, Valin ventured further up the street.

There were subdued sounds of other fights and skirmishes nearby coming from further into the city, but far closer were sounds of the three guards keeping an unknown foe busy.

The stalls and markets had clearly provided wood for the massive fire and the charred remains of several corpses were clearly visible. Burnt wood shifted and a burning cadaver tumbled out, rolling a couple of feet towards the robed elf. Stark white eyes seemed to stare at him for a moment, before popping and dribbling oozing liquid down it's blistered skull. The body steamed and sizzled a little longer as the rain, not quite as heavy on this side of town, slowly put the burning corpse out.

* * * * *

Clavisson opened the gate of the garden and stepped out into the street. Now that he could hear the sounds of fighting more clearly he could tell there were many more combatants than he might first have guessed at, perhaps a dozen on one side and many more on the other. However, the scuffle was out of sight and still several streets away and the mage had an important rendezvous elsewhere.

He had landed in the Nobles quarter of the city and traversed in a south-westerly direction towards his destination as the rain water made a river of the street. The sounds of more and more fights were becoming evident. Screams, grunts and the clash of weapons punctuated over the sounds of windswept, lashing rain. The skirmishes muted, but still easily audible to acute elven ears.

Suddenly an armoured figure wearing a hooded sea dragon cloak appeared to his left and nearly tripped himself up as he spotted Clavisson. Two long swords were halfway out of their sheaths before the guard realised the mage wasn't a threat - at least, not the threat he was expecting or anticipating. "What are you doing out? The curfew is in effect."

The guard paused to looked at the short mage more closely, his eyes glancing over the mostly visible silver badge pinned under his cloak. His eyes narrowed quizzically. "Not a resident of this city, are you? Well, you chose a damned awful time to visit. I'm due to report to my station just a few streets away. If you're here on official business, I can show you who to talk to."

((Calisson, don't forget to do an underlined summary of your post, including your character wishes/intended actions for the mod post. Makes things a bit easier for. Much obliged!))

* * * * *

The lithe young khainite took her bearings as best as she was able and travelled in a north-westerly direction to what she assumed was the city's centre. She had been summoned to the city hall and that was where she would go. Assuming that this lesser city had a temple of her chosen patron, it was bound to be near the city centre, surely. It was a considerable trek through the sludge, the tombstones at this far end each imbedded in wild growths of lichen and moss. But as she grew nearer to the path the tombs were gradually became less imbued with the stench of death.

Though she couldn't quite place an odd feeling, it seemed that something was alive in this place, as if the dead did not rest easy. To all outward and inward appearances, it seemed just an average cemetery in an extremely wet city. She had walked several hundred yards already, and it was still at least a hundred more to the perimeter. As was to be expected, the graveyard was walled and fenced, though that should prove no obstacle for one such as she.

The houses were each run down and dilapidated, shadows of their former glory, each with their own miserable memories. They looked hunched and haunted. As Se'alara approached the cemetery wall she could see a path leading to her left, further along torches were lit between two houses - one of which like to be the gravekeepers lodge. A guard stood near one of the torches and looked around furtively, keeping his vigil for the night with his back securely pressed against something solid.

* * * * *

As Taldein spoke he noticed the guards were wearing identical pendants. The second guards' face - the one who had yet to speak - took on a sombre expression as he stepped to the side to the let the Khainite pass. "You may pass," he mumbled, without much conviction. The other guard, however, was not to be fooled by the khainites attempt to beguile them.

"Did you not hear me?" He asked, taking a single step towards the khainite with a glare in his eyes. "The city is closed. So, unless you have good reason for being here - a better reason than the orders of our Drachau - we cannot let you pass." By this time the second guard had recovered and remained stood at the opposite side of the road allowing his companion, a far more stalwart fellow than he, to handle the situation.

* * * * *

Grish steadily recovered from his fall and overcame the overbearing stench. Rising slowly but surely to his feet, his attention was solely on the strange creature behind the bar, at least for the moment. Not knowing exactly what he was up against, his first method of handling the situation was with communication - the old fashioned kind. In answer, all he got was the glutinous plop of something amorphous slapping against something very slippery and wet.

Drawing his sword fully, his eyes never left the slick counter. Until he came to realise that if he did not wish to fight he would need a means of escape. The room was near pitch blackness, with only dregs of light from the obscured windows providing any source of visibility - that and the ever growing luminescent puddle of bile slowly oozing it's way across the floor from behind the bar. The windows were barred and the door to the tavern was behind Grish, still six or seven feet distant.

The warriors foot crashed against the leg of a stool, it toppled with a bonk! followed a squeak of a floorboard.

Direst thrashing erupted from the bar and a slapping gait was heard as the creature made it's way towards him - thankfully not by the direct route since it seemed unable to stand. Just as a pallid, piebald head peered out to look at Grish, he heard muted voices outside.

"...flash of light, then a crash. Tell me I'm not crazy!"

"You're crazier than a two-bit witch cracking eggshells. But fine, I'll humour you!"

Bang! Bang! Bang! Came the knock at the tavern door.


The guards haven't noticed Valin following them. Will he try and help them with their fight?

Clavisson has been stopped by one of the city guards. How will he respond?

Se'alar has had quite a trek through the sludge and mud. She's reached the edge of the cemetery and may have to climb the fence (or go around and use the gate) if she wishes to continue her journey. She can see a guard some fifty yards along the 'path'.

Taldein's bluff was only partially successful. One guard seemed all but immune to his magical coercion. ((He actually did worse than he did the first time round...))

Grish can either stay and fight the creature or try and alert the two people outside the tavern door.

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8688
Location: Hag Graef
The guard with a hooded sea dragon cloak halted Clavisson and remaked: "Not a resident of this city, are you? Well, you chose a damned awful time to visit. I'm due to report to my station just a few streets away. If you're here on official business, I can show you who to talk to."
The guard paused to look at the short mage more closely, his eyes glancing over the mostly visible silver badge pinned under his cloak. His eyes narrowed quizzically.


Clavisson closed slowly his staff in order to concentrate the street's faint light on the guard's face through the staff's stone.
Taking a deep inspiration of Hysh's elusive breeze, he examined him calmly, eye in the eye, then checked his uniform.
"Good. I see that I can trust you. The name's Clavisson, 2nd class auxiliary inquisitor. On duty, reporting to the call of the Drachau.
I must go to the city hall. Lead me to the station, would you? We will see there if I need an escort.
But let me know, what is going on in this city? The situation looks dire."


Accepting escort to station. Asking what's up.

<OOC sorry about forgetting the summary - I need to get back into the habits>
_________________
Clavisson the detective - WS3 S2 T4 D4 I5
Equipment: Staff, dagger (throwing).
Inventory: Drachau's note - diverse lighters, candles and black powder
Skills: Power of Hysh (1), Urban Lore
Class: Mage (Light)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Wed May 22, 2013 5:24 am
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
It was a big cemetery that much was clear. The rain drenched night was full of gravestones from carven wood inscribed with nothing more than a name to grand sepulchre's belonging to local dignitaries and elves of note. Frankly Se'alara was glad when she finally came to the end of it all. Assuming she was going in the right direction (not a safe bet given that it was a foreign city in terrible conditions) she would have to climb a wall to carry on. No doubt she could do just that if she wished, the wall did not look terribly tricky to scale; never the less it gave her pause enough to consider other options. In the near distance the khainite could make out a torch slowly dying in the downpour, surely none would be out willingly on a night like this which suggested this elf would be one of the city guard or perhaps a night watchman for the cemetery. In either case they ought to be able to point her in the direction of the city hall. Given that she had done nothing of which to be ashamed this night Se'alara turned her feet in the direction of the light.

Nearing what was by now obviously a guard the Khainite stepped into his direct line of sight, not close enough to give insult or project a threat for such an elf at such a time would likely be jumpy.
"Good evening watchman," the novice greeted him "I have been commanded to seek out the city hall, direct me there if you would."
She could only wait on his response.

Walk up to the guard and ask for directions

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 910
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Valin took off after the guards, his staff bouncing awkwardly from where he had it balanced on his shoulder while he ran. His robes flapping around his legs he made it to the corner and emerged into a main street. It had seen better days. Unless the city liked its markets to start the day as a build your own stall competition it was likely a riot of some sort had been though there. Unfortunately there was a distinct lack of bodies, Which simply goes to show this wasn’t a real riot, Valin thought to himself as he picked his way through the mess after the guards.

Up ahead a large bonfire lit up a crossroads with the three guards silhouetted before it. Two of them disappeared in one direction while the last took the other way. Not really the smartest of moves in Vlain’s opinion, but then again he wasn’t a guard so maybe that was standard procedure. As he got closer the third guard lunged back into view and sprinted after his comrades. It seemed they had found something to fight because the distinct sound of steel on steel could be heard.

As he got closer Valin could now make out the contents of the bonfire and it most certainly contained corpses. As he watched one rolled out to sizzle not far from him. A happy smile suffused Valin’s face. “So that’s where the bodies went!” he exclaimed to himself. The sounds still emanated from around the corner though, so Valin crept up to the corner and stuck his head around to see exactly what it was the guards were doing.

Valin will move up to the crossroad and stick his head around the corner to see what’s happening without being too obvious.

_________________
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance


Fri May 24, 2013 12:56 pm
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
The guard flashed a coy smile at the insinuation that he could be trusted. "Inquisitor Clavisson, eh, reporting to the call of our dear Drachau?" Looking around furtively, the guard considered his response to the mage's question. "My squad call me Seth. The plague has hit the city hard, many of the citizens have gone crazy and some are appear to be... devolving. Our only chance is to burn the infected as quickly as possible."

* * * * *

It was bedraggled and muddy sight that met the sentry when the Khainite spoke to him. His sideways glance was cursory, then he hawked and spat a fierce globule of phlegm into the small courtyard ahead of him. "You been wading through that cemetery, lass, why? In fact, no, I don't want to know." The guard looked off into the distance, where the spire of the city hall could be seen between the gap between two houses. "You'd be crazy to head there, lass, but you can see the spire from here."

Glancing at her sideways once more, his grim face wasn't one to inspire confidence. "You have the look of a Tulluch, which means you probably aren't a resident of this city. Yet you have been commanded to attend the city hall. I find that strange. Care to explain yourself? Otherwise I am under orders to escort you to the nearest safe house."

* * * * *

Valin cautiously approached the end of the street and peered as carefully as possible around the corner. The heat of the bonfire was smothering but at least he was in no danger from it. He could plainly see the three guards, their backs to the mage, methodically butchering a half dozen humanoid figures. He could hear faint, guttural voices. "...help us... kill us..."

The figures were clearly once Druchii, two of them were completely naked, a man and a woman, others wore the tattered rags that were once clothes and another was even wearing his - it's - pyjamas. They were clearly stricken with some kind of contagion, as the guards ripped open stomachs and severed limbs, yet the zombie-like citizens still assailed them.

The mage, preoccupied with what he was witnessing, didn't hear his attacker until it was nearly upon him. A heavy slap brought his attention round to another of the city's deranged citizens. It was just approaching the bonfire and was still a good six to eight feet from where Valin stood. The creature was hip-high even to the short mage, and clearly had the face of a child. There was nothing of intelligence in it's eyes and seemed purely intent on eating Valins brains


Clavisson may converse with the guard some more, or if he's ready Seth will escort him to the guard post.

Se'alara is being questioned by a guard.

Valin is soon-to-be attacked by a zombie-child. He has a little time to prepare himself.

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Fri May 24, 2013 8:48 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8688
Location: Hag Graef
"Lucky am I to have found a clever guard such as you, Seth. As we walk towards the station, provide me more details about this unnatural plague."
As they were walking, Clavisson rose up forwards his staff's stone, trying to catch up some Hysh power. This would normally cause it to glow weakly and provide some faint light. That light would contribute to dissipate the closest shadows and help to evidence what could have been hiding there.
In the past, when some witness would have wondered how come this staff was becoming like a dim torch, Clavisson would answer with complex explanations about how dwarfs slaves cut stone so that it catches the weakest light and concentrates it. But he trusted the guard to be so obsessed with the city's problem that he would not even pay notice.

Walking towards the station with Seth the guard, where more information and possible escort to the city hall could be found.
Discussing the plague details with the guard. A dim Hysh torch provides some light.

_________________
Clavisson the detective - WS3 S2 T4 D4 I5
Equipment: Staff, dagger (throwing).
Inventory: Drachau's note - diverse lighters, candles and black powder
Skills: Power of Hysh (1), Urban Lore
Class: Mage (Light)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Fri May 24, 2013 9:21 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 910
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The sight which greeted him as he poked his head around the corner was a somewhat disturbing one, even for a mage who liked to see what made things tick. Whatever this disease was it killed and then reanimated anything it got a hold of. Or possibly only reanimated them after a guard killed them Valin was forced to admit to be consistent. The guards themselves were really laying into the small number of infected citizens, who, when you got right down to it, weren’t really a threat to an armed guard. I could help them. It would be a good time to see if I could speed them up. Maybe without them even knowing. A second thought quickly chased that one out of his head. Maybe I could make the zombie faster. Give the guards more of a challenge.

Before he could seriously consider lending aid to either side though a sound came from behind him. Spinning around on one heel, no doubt looking ridiculous as he did so, he saw a child zombie coming for him. The sight for a moment surprised him. What a perfect dissection subject! And it was heading right for him! Of course then he realised he was many hundreds of miles from his cave and had nowhere to store it, so that idea went out the window.

Sliding his hands down his staff he took a hold of the end of it and gave it an experimental heft as a club. He wanted all the range he could get for the next part. “Do you know that a Druchii’s skull is surprisingly fragile?” he spoke to the zombie offhand while waiting for it to get close enough.

Valin will wait for the child to get in range and then brain it with his staff.

_________________
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance


Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 pm
Profile
Slave (off the Altar)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:40 am
Posts: 22
Grith’s eyes narrowed as the pale, slimy, creature crept out from behind the bar. A pallid head stared back at him and he felt a wave of disgust. He couldn’t tell if the creature was the result of some cursed magic, or some perversion of nature, but Grith felt a strong urge to destroy it. He raised his sword, preparing for a massive downward stroke as the creature edged towards him.

Voices came from outside, then someone knocked on the door behind him. Grith risked a glance towards the door and called out, "You outside! Assist me in the name of the Drachau. There is a foul creature here in need of killing!”

Quickly, Grith began shuffling backward and to one side of the door, keeping his blade toward the creature. He would attack the beast soon enough, but the newcomers could turn out to be less than friendly and he had enough experience to know having foes behind and before him could be disastrous. Standing to one side of the doorway, he could easily turn to engage any attackers there while still keeping the slimy creature from slipping behind him.

Grith will step to one side of the door, sword raised and wait for the people to enter. He will try to discern if they are a threat before he deals with the slimy creature.

_________________
_______________
Group 40
Grith Greyram (Warrior)
WS:4 S4: T:5 D:3 I:2
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain


Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 pm
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
A Tulloch? Se'alara was unfamiliar with the term and was not certain whether or not to be offended. On the whole best not, it would not do to pick a fight with the city guard.
'why have I been wading through a cemetery?' she thought to herself, it was a fair question to which she could not give an honest answer

"I needed to get to the other side," she opted for simplicity and vagueness, not wanting to let him think about that too much the khainite ploughed on

"The Drauchau does not share the details of his plans with me anymore than with you but if you wish for proof of my word..." she pulled the summons from beneath her robe, hoping that the rain had not gotten to it. Holding the robe up to cover the vulnerable and valuable parchment she showed it to the guard
"you can read I take it?"
Hoping that would satisfy the guard's curiosity Se'alara gave him a moment to read the short note and notice the seal before stowing it safely away.
"If that is all I must continue, but pray tell me, why would you have orders to escort free elves anywhere? Are elves not free to walk Evarin's streets at night?"

Se'alara will show the guard her summoning letter. Hopefuly the guard will then answer her questions and then let her go on her way in which case she will do just that continuing towards the city hall. If the guard tries to stop her she will politely insist that she is not going with him to a safe house or anywhere else. she will not attack him unless he tries to phisicaly restrain her but should he do so she will draw her daggers and immediately seek to blind him. That is the last contingency though.

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Mon May 27, 2013 3:36 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
The rain poured heavily in the gloom. Seeing an opportunity in the terrible weather, Taldein redoubled his focus on the shadows, this time drawing them onto himself. He pulled the shadows from the wall over himself like a cloak, darking his own appearance and subdueing his existence in the eyes of those nearby. He slowly and silently moved to the wall near the gate, further encompassing himself in its shadow as the guards mumbled to themselves over the loud report.

Carefully and slick as a cat in the night, he stepped through the gate, everdrawing the darkness to him as he did so. He hoped that he might even be lucky enough that the guards would question that there was ever even somebody standing there previously. It was a risky move, but Khaine had beckoned him to this city. The gods did not offer up information freely and it was a fool who believed the gods would answer their beck and call on demand. It was up to him to discover why he needed to be here and to do so, he believed he needed to see what made such a noise.

Taldein will attempt to use the weather and gloom as additional cover to make himself blend into the shadows and sneak into the city.

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Tue May 28, 2013 5:28 pm
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
The guard grinned at the Son of the Jail, then nodded sharply before leading the mage away. "Come on. I'm expected."

Seth's idea of walking was more like a slow run or a fast jog. His pace did not alter as he led Clavisson through the city's drenched streets. That did not stop him from elaborating of his previous comments. As they ran, the mages staff emitted a faint light, by which, Clavisson was able to get a better impression of his surroundings. Though, there wasn't much to see. Garden debris, shattered fences and windows. Empty, spooky houses, some boarded up.

"I'm just a humble guard, but I'll tell you what I know. The plague affected the city just over a week ago. Most of the population are affected to some degree, though it appears to effect people in different ways. Some go crazy, others develop some form of cannibalism. In some rare cases it has even brought people back from the dead.

Seth rounded a second corner into a dark street, hopping over a large puddle as he did do. Clavisson noticed several large patches of skin floating in it with small flecks being carried away by the rain. He also spotted what looked like the remains of a foot, though the rain had washed all signs of blood away. Clavisson hurried around the corner after Seth, who, perhaps half a dozen strides down the street, slid to a stop as they were ambushed. A barricaded door shattered out into the streets, planks pinging in all directions. Two druchii, dressed in pyjamas, clattered out into the street between the mage and his guide. Moments later, three children fell from the upper floor windows, similarly dressed.

Seth quickly decapitated a child and moved to engage the adult male and one of the other children. The other two turned to face the mage. The female ran straight at him, zombie-like, her eyes a pale, almost luminescent green. The child stumbled as it hit the cobbled street, and was now crawling quickly towards Clavisson.

* * * * *

The midget-zombie lurched and slobbered it's way to a prepared Valin, who was likely grateful the little critter wasn't capable of logical thought, that did not stop him from trying to teach his target some basic biology. It came straight at him with nothing but hunger in it's dead eyes. Staff raised, Valin had to wait but a moment longer before braining it with a precise blow of his staff. His staff smashed into the child's head with affable ease, spraying bone splinters and brain matter sizzling into the fire.

His words and actions alerted one of the guards to his presence - the same one who had noted him earlier. The victims they were busy slaying were no longer in sufficient numbers to be a threat to three heavily armed guards. Leaving his two halberd-wielding companions to dismember the remaining threats, the guard jogged over, his broadsword and shield slick with half-congealed blood and other gory pleasantries.

"Good work, lad, but do it right. You got to decapitated and dismember them. Safest way to get 'em to the fire." With three quick strikes of his sword, he severed both arms and the legs, before turning with an amused grin, to Valin. Looking the diminutive mage up and down, the guards expression did not change.

"Could not speak earlier. Busy, y'know. I guess you have a good reason for wandering around unescorted. We should escort you to a safe place but there's an uprising in the slave pens - we're gonna have to kill them all. Damned plague! You got me for a few minutes, can I be of help?"

* * * * *

"I told you there was someone in there! You never listen, Sarge... Er, sir!"

"Shut your damned face, whelp. Be thankful I'm such a nice guy. Never listen? Ha! We are here, aren't we?


All Grish could do was wait in anticipation while the two guards battered the door down. The slimy creature, with a lurch, appeared out from behind the bar and slopped down on the floor, all the while looking at or beyond Grish with nothing intelligible in it's unseeing gaze. It appeared blind, but the guards were making a hell of a noise and the creature was slowly making it's way towards them. Now that the warrior could see it better, it was probably best that he hadn't. It was once a Druchii, but appeared to be... melting. It's naked skin looked like rubber and it was totally hairless. The squalid left a trail of think, greasy slime in it's wake.

The blunt end of a mace smashed a hole in the door just above the lock, then a gauntleted hand appeared in the hole and rummaged around, searching for a means to open the door. The hand then retracted, and the creature was getting closer. "Stand back, sir. I got this!

Seconds later the armoured body of a young, mailed elf came crashing through the door. He began laughing, as if he was crazed, but looked up at Grish with shock in his eyes. With a horrific squelch the tavern door landed on the creature, and bounced into the air slightly, before landing on the creature again. It seemed to expand under the weight and looked as if it might pop, it thrashed around, helpless but very much alive "Khaine's bloody balls! What is that stink?"

The recruit began to stand just as the sergeant stepped into the tavern and, grim faced, looked at Grish. "What the bloody blazes is going on?"

* * * * *

The miserable guard looked amused - though, that was no improvement on his dour looks - then laughed as if he found her words genuinely funny. Looking Se'alara up an down again, his eyes glittered with mirth in the lamp light, then he finally settled his hated-filled stare on the khainites face - it appeared to be his normal expression.

"Your ignorance amuses me, Tulloch. There is a forty-foot wall at the other side of that graveyard, unscalable, until now. His orders?" Another throaty laugh, more of a grunt this time, but the guard took the offered note and read it quickly.

"It's not even signed and seals are easily counterfeited." Not bothering to refold the letter he flung it back, then hawked and spat into the street again. "That depends on your definition of free, don't it? I got the easy shift, see, and I'm not budging. You go wander into that death-trap, I won't stop you, your ignorance will likely get you killed, sooner or later."

The guard crossed his arms and leant back on the wall, though his gaze never left Se'alara. He simply watched her, almost as if wondering what she would do next.

* * * * *

Try as he might to conceal himself, the guards faces never left Taldein. It probably was not the wisest of moves to try and conceal one's self in shadows when the people you were trying to fool were staring right at you. The guard, angry now, spoke to the khainite.

"Do not test my patience with your mind games. Have you good reason for being here? If not, you cannot enter. Now, give me a straight answer and, perhaps, I won't kill you for your impertinence."

Since subterfuge was clearly not going to work, Taldein calmly stared the guard in the eye, and spoke. "It would never be wise press a devotee of Khaine. Lucky for you, I am a very patient man. That said, however, you won't be killing anyone tonight. I expect, as well, that unless given cause, I will not be either. Khaine alone directs my hand. My reasons for being here are unknown even to me as yet. The lord of murder sent me on this path. It is up to me to discover my way on the path and what it leads to."

The second guard spoke then, seemingly out of turn for he garnered an angry glare from his comrade. "Perhaps we should just let him in? He'll probably kill us if we don't and he is on some kind of religious pilgrimage which means he isn't going to leave..."

"Trust me, khainite, you do not want to enter that city. But... since your deluded into thinking your God has sent you here you won't listen to my advice, will you?" The guard sighed, heavily. "Fine! You can enter the city, chances are you will die in there anyway."

((OOC: Had to speed things up a bit for you. Hope you don't mind. But now Taldein has gained access to the city!))


Clavisson has stumbled on an infected family. The female is running at him, perhaps six foot away still. The child is slightly behind her and approaching at a fast crawl.

Valin has gained the attention of the guard and should respond in a manner that Valin would respond.

The guards have broken into the tavern and the leader like to know what is going on. The innkeeper is still alive, but squirming under the door. The second guard is slowly rising to his feet.

Se'alra is free to proceed deeper into the city. Unless she enjoys the guards company and wishes to stay for a splendid chat.

Taldein has gained access to the city, he can enter, or can question the guards if he wishes - if you want to use some of the material we've already done, feel free.

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 pm
Profile
Malekith's Personal Guard
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Posts: 910
Location: Dublin, Ireland
He waited as the young infected Druchii closed the distance and once he deemed it close enough swung his staff with as much forces as he could muster. The steel bound wood swishing through the air to connect right where he had hoped it would. The display was somewhat more dramatic then he had anticipated. Granted he knew it was a killing swing but he had not expected it to shatter the skull and scatter its contents back into the fire. “Maybe children’s skulls are weaker in line with the rest of them,” he muttered to himself as he looked at the corpse, the mystery briefly distracting him from the immediate scene.

Before he could ponder it any further one of the guards he had been following appeared at his elbow and began to dismember the child. Apparently it was good practice to make certain the infected were physically incapable of getting up. Valin nodded thoughtfully as the guard spoke while internally wondering where he could get a sword; a staff not being designed for surgery. As the guard finished speaking Valin stared at him for a moment before realising his offer was one of knowledgeable aid and not, as Valin had first assumed, an invitation to become a subject of experimentation. Not that a few minutes would really answer what stages the infection goes through, he added as an afterthought.

“Hmm yes I suppose. The head one sent for me,” he gestured vaguely towards the centre of the city, or at least were he thought the centre probably was. “But this plague seems much more interesting, don’t you agree?” Valin scratched his nose as he spoke. “Mind you, maybe he asked me here to find out about the plague. I’m rather fond of this stuff you know? For instance, are they really dead, or do they just not feel pain? And if they were dead why could they speak?” He stopped for a moment staring at the other two guards who were making short work of their foes. Suddenly his face lit up and he spun back to the first guard. “You said the slaves were rising, due to this plague I gather? Could I tag along? I’d dearly love to quiz one of them on their symptoms. It isn’t often you get to ask a dead body what it feels like!”

_________________
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance


Wed May 29, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile
Corsair
Corsair
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Posts: 8688
Location: Hag Graef
Clavisson noted the information as they were strolling the streets.
Code:
The Plague in Everain.
Information source: city guard, named Seth - source seems reliable.
City infected with plague for 8 days.
Most population affected. Many houses devasted.
Guards seem immune, guard's station reported to be safe haven.

This was certainly a reason good enough for the drachau to get some help. Finding the source of the plague was bound to become Clavisson's next task.
He started his analysis.
Why are guards immune? Or maybe were they not, but the affected guards were the first to be killed?
And all the healthy population would have been summoned as guard?

That would have made sense, in most Druchii cities, all adult population could be called under arms in case of dire need. And it was certainly a case of dire need.
Clavisson was on the verge to ask Seth and check his guess when they bumped into five pieces of evidence: two adults and three children.
They were moving slowly, the guard had little trouble to decapitate a child.
As he was discovering the illness infecting the victim in front of him, Clavisson had several questions crossing his mind.
I hope the guard won't destroy all witnesses before I got a chance to interrogate them!
Code:
The Plague in Everain.
Information source: direct sight.
The plague affects whole families rather than selected individuals.
Affected victims seem aggressive. They move slowlier than healthy Druchii. They have no survival instinct.

-=-=- Questionnaire for infected personnel -=-=-
-=-=- This is a questionnaire under oath, all answers will remain the property of the Drachau. -=-=-
1.- Do you accept freely to answer this questionnaire?
2.- Do you know when and how you were infected?
3.- How does it change your daily life, you and your family?
...

Unfortunately, Clavisson had not the necessary leisure to prepare a decent interrogation.
As Seth was taking care of two creatures, a female "thing" approached quickly Clavisson, followed by a smaller one. That last one was already damaged by the fall from the upper floor.

Clavisson shouted at the creature:
"In the NAME of the Drachau, I summon you to HALT! I have a few QUESTIONS for you."
As he said that, Clavisson intensified the light from his staff, gathering more Hysh energy from around.
If that thing was undead, as it looked like it had become, it would fear the purity of the Light, and that should show on its attitude.
If not... Clavisson was confident that it could outrun easily such slow moving creature.

Hysh fear onto undead.

_________________
Clavisson the detective - WS3 S2 T4 D4 I5
Equipment: Staff, dagger (throwing).
Inventory: Drachau's note - diverse lighters, candles and black powder
Skills: Power of Hysh (1), Urban Lore
Class: Mage (Light)

_________________
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}


Wed May 29, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile
Slave (off the Altar)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:40 am
Posts: 22
Grith leapt back as the door came crashing down on the slimy creature, pinning it to the floor under the weight of the door and the young soldier on top. For a moment it looked as if the creature might pop under the pressure but no such luck. As weak sunlight and rain streamed in through the open doorway, Grith saw that the creature was some monstrous corruption of what had once been a Druchii.

The two soldiers were armed and eager, and from first glance, probably some local garrison or city guard. Grith had seen their types before and felt he could trust them not to attack him for now despite the gruff manner of the more senior guard. Dropping the point of his sword to aim a thrust at the main mass of the creature under the door, he once again used his best impression of a noble and called out a command.

"Kill this disgusting wretch under this door. Then we'll step outside into the rain to speak where the air is less foul."

Giving the soldiers a second to absorb his words, Grith then put his weight behind a sword thrust past the edge of the door directly at the creature's body while it remains held in place by the door.

Grith orders the two guards to help him kill the creature, and when his intentions are clear to them, attempts to stab the slimy beast.

_________________
_______________
Group 40
Grith Greyram (Warrior)
WS:4 S4: T:5 D:3 I:2
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain


Last edited by gsharm on Fri May 31, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu May 30, 2013 10:51 am
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
The guard was less than convinced by her, probably a result of his bad mood rather than anything else. Still he was not trying to waylay her and he had already given her the directions she sought. Another devotee of Khaine might have killed the guard for his manners, but then other devotees were often little better than the worshipers of the Dark Gods of the North. Picking a fight with the underlings of the Drachau of this misbegotten little burg would bring little but trouble, she would wait a little longer to collect a second rose.

Not deigning to speak further Se'alara tucked the letter back inside her robes and with a mocking bow turned towards the city once again. The tower was large but almost totally obscured by the rain, details would become clearer closer in. She still wondered why she had been called here, and why there were so few people of the streets.

Walking towards the town hall as her business with the guard is concluded and on the lookout for any signs of what is going on

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Thu May 30, 2013 12:34 pm
Profile
Beastmaster

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 360
Location: Dundee
My senses are always with me. Thank you for the passage. May the rest of your vigil be uneventful, Taldein spoke to the guard, his words empty of sincerity, an almost practiced phrase. Having been granted passage, Taldein relaxed his mind from the shadows around him, he might need to call upon them again and he knew not when. Like a muscle, it is good to keep his gift trained but not to over work it. The shadow of his draich still rested over him though. It seemed he could not change this, whether he liked it or not. Briefly before he started moving through the gate, he spoke to the guard, Might I inquire, what is the quickest route from this gate to the Temple of Khaine?

Walking through the portucullis he was met with derelict streets, the echoes of anguished cries bouncing through the alleys towards his ears. He though he heard a faint clash of steel on steel but he dismissed this, such noises could be heard many times in the night in a Druchii stronghold. He was, however, put off by the absolute lack of activity on the road he now walked. This reminds me of death night, but that is not for some time yet., Taldein thought to himself. Normally, such a festival would exhilirate the khainite, but the fact was that this was merely an echo of that great holy day, similar only in appearance. This disturbed him.

Knowing not exactly where he should be going, he proceeded warily through the streets hoping the guard's directions were true. The temple was likely the most likely place where he would find answers to why he has been lead here. It was, afterall, Khaine's message that brought him here. Perhaps the acolytes would know more of Khaine's actions in the city presently.

Taldein will enter the city and head to the Temple of Khaine

_________________
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)


Fri May 31, 2013 2:20 pm
Profile
... And Hell Followed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 1418
Location: Scotland
The guards once amused expression grew increasingly more hostile the longer Valin spoke, by the time he was finished the guard was clearly restraining his anger - he had yet to put his sword away.

"I don't agree. I don't know. I don't care. They're not dead, only severely infected. The slaves are infected one and all, we need to kill them. And no, you can't 'tag' along" The guard answered all of Valins questions, rhetorical or otherwise, with a single breath.

The two other guards had finished butchering the plague victims and now jogged over to meet their sergeant. Valin couldn't help but notice that each guard wore an identical pendant around their necks. They crowded around the minute mage, like giants. "Sir. I'll get the corpse cart." The guard that spoke saluted, then ran off.

"You'd better get going, then, if you've an appointment to keep. You're clearly demented, I hope 'the head' can tolerate that. Don't just stand there. Go. Before I put this sword-" he guard threateningly pointed his blade at Valin, just to make his point clear - through your scrawny neck and add your guts to the fire."

The third guard couldn't resist a grin. "And you, wipe that idiotic grin from your face. You're to make sure this one doesn't follow us - I encourage the use of violence. The grin disappeared, to be replace with something far more sinister.

((OOC: Cananatra - could you update your signature to include Valins stats? Ta!))

* * * * *

Clavisson, in a rather foolhardy attempt to communicate with the infected citizen, stood his ground and yelled at the creature. His command was met only with indifference, for the women appeared not to take note of his shouted command, and simply continued her headlong charge towards him. She was much closer now, and if the mage was foolish enough not to react, she could very well tear his head off.

Her son - more accurately, what was once her son - continued it's slow but methodic crawl towards the mage also. Three or four more feet and Clavisson would have more then his head to worry about.

* * * * *

Grish stepped towards the creature to stab at it with his sword."Never mind that, lad. Step outside. The head guard motioned Grish outside and waited for him to do as instructed. "Recruit, you have the pleasure of killing that... thing while I question this... person."

Outside now, by the pale moonlight the warrior could see the lead guard more clearly. His face was heavily scarred and he had an evil glint in his eyes, he had likely been a soldier at one point in his long life. Like the other guard he wore a chainmail hauberk and a hooded sea dragon cloak along with leather gauntlets and boots. He carried a sword at his hip and shield slung on his back, though the recruit carried a mace and a long-knife - an odd combination. Grish had also glimpsed a pendant around the recruits necks, and could see now that the elf in front of him also wore such a piece. That elf was looking at Grish quizzically.

"Recruit tells me you fell from the sky - gobbled wash, that's what that is! This place has been shut and locked for days now. You wear guards armour, or something very much like it, yet you carry no insignia and there is nothing remarkable about you. Maybe you're freelance or a mercenery. But... something troubles me, why are you here and why... in there of all places?"

((OOC: It's night time in Everain, sorry for not making that clear. Don't worry - you'll get some action soon enough. Just giving you some time to adjust.))

* * * * *

Se'alara tucked the now soggy letter into her robes and made her away across the courtyard, the guard watched as she went until she disappeared around the corner. She was on a street heading north, a large warehouse stood at the end and as she approached it began to block her view of the city spire. There was a commotion of some kind in the warehouse, though the Khainite could see no means of entry to investigate. The street ended at a T-junction and Se'alara took the left path to continue her way to the city's centre.

That was when the warehouse exploded with a loud BOOM! - an explosion that was clearly heard by all of the city's denizens - that reverberated through the moist night air. Se'alara was thrown by the blast, to land in a crumpled heap up against the wall. She quickly lost conciousness.

An indeterminate time later, her eyes opened lazily as she struggled to retain her senses. There were scenes of carnage all about her - flaming wreckage, billious smoke, debris scattered everywhere. Through the gloom she could see burning bodies running amok - a few of them guards, though other, naked figures were amongst them. Three of the undressed burning bodies seemed to sniff her out as she lay amongst chunks of rock and planks of wood. As one they turned to her and began shambling towards her. She tried to move but succeeded in lifting only a hand, then an arm...

Then, out from the darkness, sprang something large and hairy. It looked almost wolf-like yet ran on it's hind legs, it's back was hunched and glittering claws protruded from it's large hands and feet. Even hunched it was taller than the lithe khainite, and it's muscled bulk bristled with intent. The three burning bodies that were charging Se'alara disappeared in a twirl of flailing claws and snapping jaws. The beast looked directly at her even as motion returned to her stunned form and, slowly, she found that she could move once again. Then it snarled and bound away into the flaming wreckage, and disappeared.

But she wasn't as lucky as she might have thought - hearing footsteps to her left she could see two naked bodies running towards her. They wore the shreds of clothing, merchant make by the looks of them, and there was naught of intelligence in their hungry eyes.

* * * * *

The guards directions were accurate, all Taldein had to do was make his way to the centre of the city, which was a long walk up a straight road. The Temple was on the Western side of the city's central courtyard. The road he walked ran slowly uphill and off in the distance Taldein could make out a bonfire at one of the junctions - though that still a long ways off. Everything seemed quiet at this end of town - almost too quiet. As he walked up the lonely road faint sounds of several skirmishes were becoming more and more apparent.

And so, the stranger walked, on and up the lonely road. One skirmish in particular became more and more noisy, until the fighting burst out ahead of him several houses distant. A guard emerged, walking backwards, a repeater crossbow in his hands, firing rapidly. He paused to reload even as he noticed the hooded stranger further down the street. "Hey you. Help us. We're overwhelmed." He finished reloading and began firing again, and had reached the other side of the street.

Another guard emerged from the same place, this one weilding a large round shield and a heavy-bladed tulwar. He held his shield out to keep several druchii-looking assailants at bay, even as his tulwar hacked and slashed at them - he seemed to hack legs off at the knee causing the bodies to topple sideways while his companion deftly brained them with well aimed crossbow bolts. But still, as the elf slowly walked backwards, more and more attackers were clawing at him.


An extremely loud BOOM has sounded around the city.

Valin has irked the guard with his words and has been told, in no uncertain terms, to continue on his journey. One guard is staying behind to ensure he does as instructed.

Clavisson better act quickly if he wishes to live.

Grish is being questioned by the guard.

Se'alara has been saved from certain death by mastication by an unknown creature. She is still groggy, but well enough to defend herself from the two citizens attacking her.

Taldein can help the guards with their struggle if he chooses to.



((OOC: Only two hours for this mod post!! Must be a record!!))

_________________
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold


Fri May 31, 2013 8:57 pm
Profile
Slave (off the Altar)
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:40 am
Posts: 22
At the guard sergeant's suggestion, Grith stayed his sword and stepped past the young recruit and through the doorway, giving the door a cruel stomp as he went. As he stepped outside, he made sure to step to one side of the doorway, allowing him to keep both the sergeant and the recruit inside in view. A glance both ways down the street showed it to be eerily empty.

The night air was fresh and cold, it felt good after the stench of the sealed tavern. Grateful that he hadn't soiled his clean blade with the gore of the disgusting creature, Grith twirled his sword and rammed it into it's sheath. Cold rain fell from the dark night sky running down his face and soaking his hair. Grith pulled his long wet hair back over his shoulders and pulled his sea dragon cloak closer around him with a flourish.

The words of the guard worried Grith, how could he explain what he was doing in a way that wouldn't arouse suspicion? His mind flailed around for answers and he found none, settling for trying aggressive bluster. It seemed to serve nobles well when they spoke, so he puffed out his chest and looked down his nose at the armoured guard.

"We're both soldiers sergeant, so I'll allow you some of my time. It is true I fell, I was on the rooftop and fell through into that foul tavern. As for why I am here.."

Grith raised an eyebrow and gave a haughty sneer before pulling the letter from the Drachau from a pocket to flash the Drachau's seal, quickly putting it away to keep the document safe from the rain as he continued.

I am here at the personal request of your Drachau. That is all you need to know unless you dare question the affairs of your dread ruler. You may detain me further, if you are so courageous as to delay the wishes of your Drachau.

Happy with his flowery, improvised speech, Grith gave a smile and a dismissive nod.

"If that is all sergeant, what I need from you is directions to the residence of the Drachau. An escort is not necessary as I am sure you have pressing duties elsewhere."

At that moment, a sudden boom tore through the sky, echoing down the streets, shaking the cobblestones and rattling the boards over the tavern's windows. Startled, Grith visibly jumped, his hand going instinctively to the grip of his sword as he frantically scanned his surroundings for the source of the noise.

Grith tries to bluster his way past the questions of the guard while attempting to get directions so he can leave the tavern and the guards behind.

_________________
_______________
Group 40
Grith Greyram (Warrior)
WS:4 S4: T:5 D:3 I:2
Equip.: Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Long Sword, Dagger
Skills: None
Inventory: Ominous Letter from the Drachau of Everain


Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:23 pm
Profile
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Posts: 4641
Location: I am the voice inside your head
THUD

It silenced the world, there was only one sound.

THUD

Not a sound this time but a feeling, the unfamiliar sensation of her body crashing to the ground.

THUD

The vibration, the cracking of earth and air as masonry crumbled to the ground like a felled oak.

All this in a matter of seconds before Se'alara lost consciousness. It was a faint buzzing that woke her, seconds later? Minutes? Hours? Not days certainly, and the wreckage was still aflame so most likely minutes at most. Enough time to stir up a whirlwind of carnage though. Warriors and civilians, some burning and screaming, some burning in utter silence and all out to kill. Three seemed to think that she was being left out, not good. Se'alara tried to rise and found she couldn't REALLY not good. Struggling to get to her feet Se'alara forced down a rising wave of panic but calm as she might remain the simple fact of the matter was that she was about to die and worse still she was about to die helplessly. A warrior's death, she was prepared if not eager to meet that fate. To stand before Khaine a victim though that would be beyond shameful. Touching the hilt of a dagger with so that she might at least die with a blade in hand she waited.

Salvation when it came arrived from a most unexpected source. So unexpected in fact that even after it had happened Se'alara was still not quite sure what it was. A beast of some kind obviously, large, furred, canine and very aggressive. Strong too to blow through the maelstrom and eviscerate everything in sight.
“Now that would be a worthy soul to take,” she said to herself as she finally managed to shift the rubble off of herself and rise to her feet. Toe to toe she knew she was no match for such a creature but that simply meant not fighting on its own terms. She was not here to hunt big game though, if the creature return she would find a way of stopping it she was sure but for now all was quiet and she had some investigating to do. Nothing she knew of ought to cause an explosion like that, nothing legal anyway, she would have to find out what it was if only to slake her own curiosity.

The quiet though was too total, the explosion had half deafened her and only as sound gradually crept back did Se'alara's delicate ears pick up the crunch of bare feet on glass. Turning to look she saw two of the civilians moving towards her with murderous intent, the foremost not even wincing as he strode strait through the remains of a shattered window. It was two to one but they were unarmed, not the worthiest of kills but she was unpractised in true battle, as good a place as any to start.

Thinking fast Se'alara scanned the rubble left by the explosion, a nice pile might serve to keep one of her assailants at bay while she dealt with them individually, if they could be easily lead that was. The look in the eyes of these two made her deeply unsure. She didn't know what she was fighting but they had the anatomy of an elf, she assumed, and hopefully would die just the same. Casting her robe to the ground Se'alara savoured the raging wind and relentless drizzle washing over her near naked body for Khaine watched all through the world. He had sent the rain and he would watch her as she began her journey. Drawing her twin blades Se'alara positioned herself so as to attack the nearest elf so that he would be between her and the second, then she charged. Not the reckless charge of a drug crazed hag or the bullish battering of a knight but a swift dart towards her prey. With both daggers poised and ready she looked for her opportunity, such weapons were for precision work and specific targets and she knew them all.

Se'alara will attack the nearest zombie like chap making sure to keep him between her and the other. She will keep her distance and dart in quickly to stab/cut at critical arteries and organs.

_________________
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation


Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software