Group 41 - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: Group 41 - OOC

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Looking at grouo 28 it seems this has happend before and he did eventually return. so most likely nothing bad happed :D
I think that if we continue we should start a new group. as i think that he already has an idea of what is going to happen i dont want to ruin anything he has planned :D
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Continuing with his storyline would be a violation, I feel :p its his story, after all, as Searinox says. I really hope he is okay!
We could however do something new. I for one would be kosher playing a group or I could probably even run one.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I would not feel bad about "stealing his story" because we have played for such a short time that there was almost no story at all.
I would feel bad about stripping him of his moderator position, though.

Starting a new group would have two disadvantages: first, it would take another two months before we would even start to grasp what this story might generally be about; second, if Cana for some reason does not return our characters will end up hanging in the middle of a story and this is rude to them.
Of course, if we continue with this one and Cana returns he will probably not be very pleased. The question is how long should we wait.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

True, but one of the key things in the story atm is the artifact we're gonba steal which we know nothing about.
Is it magical? Is it human made? Will it blow up if i kick it? How big is it?
Though i do agree that leaving our chars hanging here would be sad for them :lol: Tho i do still jave Sears sister to flesh out :mrgreen:

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Sure, should we decide to proceed for ourselves it would mean abandoning the story Cananatra has prepared and devising our own. We would only use the characterization of corsairs and the information that there is some valuable thing in some village which does not seem like too much infringement and he would then be able to use all of his ideas in some new story should he decide so, with just slightly altered exposition. The only moral problem I have here (but quite a big one for that) is that it is a bit rude to kick out someone in his absence.
On the other hand, for such a long inactivity many moderators would have already killed off the character.

If we would start our own story it would allow us to tailor it better to the characters we have come up with. Some politics if there are three nobleborns, some drinking temptation for Dolan, some chance for Paithan to redeem himself. I do not know what Cana plans of course but he said something about "hard survival" when I asked - I think it would be easier to squeeze all I have mentioned into a story about politics than into a story about hard survival.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The soul of any group is the Moderator.
He has the storyline and nobody can replace him.
There is no way that any of us could play our character AND moderate.

Starting another group is feasible, of course, but:
- there would be a new mod.
- the participants need not necessarily be the same ones as in Group 41.
- those from Gr41 will have to chose to make a new character or resume with their present one.
- when eventually Cana comes back, there will be a decision to take, based on how long & well the new group has been functioning.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

What Calisson said, really.

I'm up for modding a new group. Also up for playing it. All the same to me ;P
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

If any of us would take over as the moderator of this group he would have to separate his character from the group and treat him as an NPC. This should not be that hard. No one of the characters has a particularly good reason to stay at this exact ship in case some better offer appears.

I would most probably not want to participate in two groups simultaneously. Which does not say my participation in a new group is not an option, of course.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

If Thraundil is ready to start a new group, that's good, since there is only one running RPG, possibly two, that would make a third one.
If ever Cana shows up within the first posts of the new group, it will be time to resume 41.
If he shows up later, when new group is running, then he had past his chance and Gr41 will remain dead.

Technically, Thraundil, you are supposed to ask Drainial permission to run a new group.
Then you will call for members. Nobody forces you to take a member, reversely you could also envision to take new members if the available posted characters suit you.
Also, you will be supposed to start a new story. The start could well be where Gr41 stalled, if that helps you - arranging the characters if required.

For the other of us, we could select to keep the same character, given that either Gr41 will resume before spring or it will die for good.
Also, if Thraundil agrees, we could change character.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Starting a new group at the point this one has stalled is a surprisingly ellegant solution. *clapping*

How many of us are interested? I might actually like to mod this as I have a few ideas already but Thraundil would surely do fine, too.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Sounds good to me :D very interrested to see what you guys are gonna take the story :D

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Mod's job is the most important, as experienced with Cana.
A player ceases to participate, no big deal, his character is wounded then killed, but the story goes on.
A mod ceases to participate, that's instant death for the whole group.
For the interest of gamers, and not knowing who among Thraundil or Marchosias would be better at intrigue (and would be least missed as player character), we would need to check your long lasting commitment (i.e. no uni exam expected before summer, for example).
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

A new group picking up the story where this has stalled is actually a very nice solution indeed!

I, for one, dont mind either way. I enjoy playing, I enjoy weaving. As for long lasting commitment - my next exam deadline is september 30th, which is the date I am supposed to hand in my PhD disseration ;)

As for resuming this storyline, I might favour Marchosias to mod it since I had something quite different in mind.

If I where to start a new group, it would be an army-style storyline featuring either Lustrian raids for artefacts of power and monsters to entertain in the Naggaroth arenas, or a campaign to repel a daemon host of Slaanesh that is massing in the far northern wastes and threatening to invade (with the amount of warlocks we're seeing in armylists, Slaanesh really has a debt to collect among the Druchii!).

I am up for either of these two options =]
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I think I should have enough time to keep a reasonable steady pace and I hope the enthusiasm should suffice, too. Many things could happen of course but a full guarantee can be given by no one.

About my style in devising stories: I do not like fighting that much but I like when the world has some depth. The best way to accomplish this is to let the characters interact with NPCs and examine stuff. So poke things, you might find out something interesting.

It seems I should contact Drainial, then?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I vote Marchosias! :D
And yes, indeed, the wannabee mod is supposed to get in touch with Drainial in order to become part of the group of mods (I feel not this to be an issue).
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

sounds very interesting indeed :D
can't wait to start writing again :mrgreen:

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I have just written to Drainial. I think the mod post could be up at Tuesday - a good part is already done.

I just wonder what Paithan and Jcitalia think.