Your character & army in the campaign

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Casual malevolence
Dark Rider

Post by Casual malevolence »

General: Dread Lord Serephas of Har Ganeth, Chief Lieutenant and Aide-de-Camp to the Lord High Protector of the True Faith (and yes, he writes out the entire thing whenever signing his name; he's like that).

Background: As one of the chief field operatives of the Temple, Serephas was tapped by said Temple whenever their ancient and mazey network of spies brought back tales of a great and potent artifact recently uncovered in the Old World. It was said that this bauble, this device, in the right hands could cause such a slaughter to be reeked that it would slake the thirst even of mighty Khaine. As such, the Temple determined to secure this artifact, this crown, and unleash it's terrible malice...on various and sundry folk who happen to be in the area.

But beware, for the ring *cough* er I mean the crown ever seeks to corrupt the hearts of lesser men (and elves)...

Army composition: a Temple of Khaine themed army, with the main punch being provided by Execs and WEs, and even a useless, useless Assassin or two (to stay fluffy). Of course there will also be the obligatory DRs and maybe some bolt throwers...is it fluffy to have them dragging a huge Cauldron through the woods?
Last edited by Casual malevolence on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm afraid my mask of sanity is about to slip.
Alex c
Resident Beastmaster

Post by Alex c »

You are honored to be in the presence of Ahlek Saandir. Your bows of respect show that my fellow Lords are still courteous in these days of inter-Druchii strife.

You may recall that my house has been involved in a long and bitter campaign against the men of Bretonnia. Their armies are powerless to stop my warriors as we tear through their provinces. Khaine has lead me east, and I am now privy as to the reason.

It is my hope that we can unite as one people and claim this artifact of power. Though of weak blood, the Dawi have proven capable smiths and through this work perhaps we may precure yet another advantage over our Ulthuanian foes.

My Beastmasters have recently bred enough Cold Ones for battle, and my lesser Nobles are keen to put them to the test. They shall form the shock force in my infantry legion. I have selected the best to bear my personal Chariot. Now we march for the weak realm of the Empire.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I would take care Lords and Nobles of Naggaroth, for news has been brought to my attention that Chaos will be leading great Hosts into the lands of the Empire to plunder. They shall be sailing up river, anf far into the Empire to attack weak settlements. Indeed, they are no match for us and our powerful Black Arks, Though every Druchii Lord and Noble must watch their steps carefully...
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

The Nemisis crown, hmmm....................

As a true Druchii I would let the foolish humans, dwarfs and greenskins kill each other and when one winner (although a diminished one) has emerged my Druchii army led by the aforementioned Athanir the Soulless who has been in the area just finished slaughtering a tribe of my most hated enemies the Wood Elves, emerges and seizes the Nemasis crown for Malekith the Great.
Long live the Witch King!
Xzanth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Xzanth »

General: Severok Myraid. A lvl 4 Sorceress. She only gets her +1 on shadow magic. But she can Scout.

Background: She has been chosen for this mission as she has been hiding and gaining infomation on the lesser races in their land for some time (under the order of Malekith) and was one of the first dark elves to find out about the Nemesis crown.

Army: This is a stealthy army of those who have been assisting Severok on spying on the Nemesis Crown. It will therefore contain alot of Dark Riders (with the warriors coming in later) and Shades.
Vogon
Highborn

Post by Vogon »

Beast Lord Antilles Master of Stables

Hailing From Karond Kar, Lord Antilles has mustered his household guard and his favorite pets to go beast hunting in the Great Forest of the Empire for new additions for the stables of his great house.

During the march from the coast he crossed paths with a group of Dwai Zharr intent on capturing slaves and learned of a great and powerful treasure hidden in the forest that the twisted dwarves claimed as their own. Lord Antilles has, for the moment, entered into a pact with Rykarth the apparent Leader of the Dwai Zharr to aid them in their quest. If the treasure is as great as they claim it will be a simple matter to kill the dwarves one they have recovered it and take the prize for himself. In the mean time the Druchii and Dwai Zharr caravans follow the same road and are if not allies at least not enemies.

Armie(s): I’m going to be using a beast heavy Karond Kar list for the most part but I’m also going to be test driving a Chaos Dwarf List that I’ve started building. I’ll be posting all results as Dark elf results on the GW website but with battle reports written for whichever army I actually fielded.

Cheers

Vogon
Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or...........
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

**Make Tea Not War**
Mattschuur
Corsair

Post by Mattschuur »

Army- Druchii

General- Lord Lyatius "The Red"

Fluff- During the Storm of Chaos, Lyatius took advantage of the weakened human nations and set up a naval base amongst the many isles off the coast of Estalia. This base has been fortified and is now well defended and difficult to encircle due to the turbulent and narrow waters amongst the islands.

Objective- Malekith has ordered Lyatius to use his position to contribute to two objectives. the first is the general harassment of human lands, primarily Estalia and Tilea in the hope that few mercenaries make their way north and that trade is disrupted. The second objective is the harassment of any High elf forces attempting to make their way to the northern old world. This campaign will sorely test Lyatius's skill as a general and admiral as well as spread his forces thin. But Lyatius has called upon debts owed to him from other nobles and is to be reinforced.

Army comp- Corsairs, Dark riders, RBT and war hydra.

matt schuur
"If the pen is mightier than the sword, than is not this feather as sharp as my wit?"

"If i was Swiss Cheese i'd kill myself."

92% of teens like rap. Copy this into your signature if you are part of the 8% with taste.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Ekiel Akieh, Dark elf Highborn of Har Ganeth

Interesting in the big oppertunity to raid the old world, Ekiel has hired his own army of corsairs and Executioners and with fellow nobles riding upon cold ones and covinced the temple of Khaine and their assassins to assist him on his voyage. He know sets a voyage for blood, slaves and money hoping to gain a profit out of this raid where he dreams of gaining a rightful name for himself to be remember by his people.

He will stop at nothing also gain a profit, even if it means fighting with another of his own kin. He also plans to save money and gain more by letting his own hired troops die as they are used for fodder and meat shields seeing as the bigger the stradgy is, the more men that has to die.

Look here for background
Last edited by Walrusm3 on Wed May 30, 2007 3:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

I would think that malekith would not entrust such an important mission to mercenaries. I would send a General or a worshippper of Khaine or someone who has something to lose if they fail.
Last edited by Thanasi the soulless on Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Long live the Witch King!
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

This format was taken from the HotW 'Who's Who in the HotW?' thread on A.org. The background info has been left somewhat vague on purpose: if you're intrigued or would like to know more, click the link in my sig entitled 'Sea of Shadows' for the slowly growing novelization of Dizaun's exploits.

Name: Dizaun Cadsane
Titles: High Sorceress, formerly Lady-Admiral of the Ashen Fleet, Pirate Queen of Tilea
Race: Druchii
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: White, wavy, and long
Eyes: Blue
Skin Tone: Almost white
Weapons: A gilded scimitar
Armour: A high crown of iron and a long, flowing cloak of crimson

Background: Dizaun Cadsane is the heir of Carten Cadsane and his wife Lady Messava Cadsane, a noble family of Clar Karond. When he and his sister were born, and both were found to be magically adept, Dizaun’s mother, a sorceress of the Convent, crafted a pair of black earrings that would hide Dizaun’s true gender, making him appear physically female in every way.

Dizaun and his identical twin sister, Disuan, grew up learning the ways of the Druchii. While Disuan was groomed to be a sorceress, Dizaun’s father encouraged him to remove the earrings and pursue the path of a true noble. As male Druchii practicing magic was banned in Naggaroth, that path could only lead to death at the hand of agents of the Witch King. Regardless of his wants, Dizaun learned how to sail a ship, command an army, and use a sword from his father, while secretly learning magic and philosophy from a nomadic human necromancer named Voyage his mother hired, and to whom he became devoted to.

When the two siblings were old enough to be given to the Convent for training, Carten killed Messava in front of Dizaun. As Carten sobbed in grief, Dizaun “released” his father from emotions unbefitting a Druchii. It was the first time Dizaun had killed someone. Now heir-apparent of the Cadsane family, Dizaun made his own decision in going to the Convent, though he did not grow lax with his swordplay.

Both brother and sister relied more and more upon each other during their schooling, and when they advanced to the ranks of High Sorceresses, they immediately gathered their forces and set sail to Lustria in hopes of gaining gold and fame to fill the Cadsane family’s depleted coffers. They returned instead with more: victory, and a clue to a powerful magical item that lay in yet another far-off land of mystery. Lumbria.

With the Witch Kings blessings and some special orders of His own, Dizaun and his sister set out once again with their Gilded Reavers, Dizaun now promoted to the rank of Admiral over the newly-formed Ashen Fleet.

Despite the ferocity of the Council of Light’s armies, Dizaun and the Ashen Fleet took victory after victory, experiencing only minor set-backs. Dizaun won renown as a member of the Hands of Darkness’ war council, a member of the Dread Seven – seven powerful generals that stopped the advance of the Council on the Lumbrian Fens, and as a pivotal general in the defense of Cruel Peak. By all accounts, Dizaun appeared to be a model leader of the Druchii; a great hero of the greatest race on the face of the earth, with a model army at “her” back.

However, when Dizaun returned to Naggaroth with the bulk of the Druchii armies, he and Morathi had a falling out. Despite being richly rewarded in public, Dizaun found the cost of his spoils to be too great, and immediately left Naggaroth with his sister and the bulk of the Gilded Reavers. Not long after his swift departure, an edict for Dizaun’s arrest was handed to the major generals of the Witch King.

Dizaun fled to Tilea, quickly amassing a reputation as a feared ‘Pirate Queen’ in all the waters of the Old World, which was soon compounded with stories of Dizaun’s exploits on the shores of Lumbria as the Council’s armies returned home. He lived as he pleased, amassing marginal wealth and power as a mercenary when not working for himself. Yet, despite his efforts, he could not duplicate the prestige he had gained in Naggaroth.

His problems seemed solved when a Tilean noble named Raviel Von Hault took Dizaun under his wing. He had power, wealth, and standing that stretched beyond the confines of the Tilean peninsula, and offered Dizaun the same, as well as information on the magical item Dizaun had been unable to find in Lumbria. All he asked in return was a simple favour, which Dizaun readily agreed to.

It was only after he agreed that Dizaun found that Raviel was actually a vampire, and that the reason he had given information on the item’s whereabouts was that he wished to claim it for himself. If Dizaun refused his offer now, Raviel would withdraw his support of Dizaun, and tip off the Druchii generals searching for him. Whether Dizaun plans on giving Raviel the item is another story: with the Nemesis Crown, Dizaun could regain all he had lost and more.

As Dizaun sets sail for the Empire, the generals of the Witch King follow in hot pursuit, eager to not only claim the Crown for their beloved Dread Liege, but to bring their former peer to justice.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Commander: Tamhas-Ri

Background: He has lived surrounded by the screams of slaves, those lucky enough to last an hour of torture, and the fading agony of those who are tough enough to live for a week. He is the lord that domains the black spine montains, where his shade warriors bring news of different kinds, his spies and assassins bring him creatures for his colections, and his arks bring him more slaves to build his fortress, Kar Carden. The crown must be retrieve so the True King can rule as he deserves. We druchii kin must return to our land, and depose those traitors who have taken what is ours. Tamhas is ready to kill!
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

The Band of the Red Hand
led by my highborn Lord Matrim Cauthen

this army is going to be heavily cavelry and crosbow.

the basic theme about mine is that lord mat and his band are a mercenary army. after hearing about the crown he has decided to try and get it to sell to the highest bidder thus making his set for eternil life.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Mostlyharmless
Noble

Post by Mostlyharmless »

uh, scott, you mispelled his last name

Anyway, I will be putting away my own druchii for this campaign and fighting for the 'good guys.' Two forces shall see the field at my command.

Empire:
The First Highland Division
These kilted lads are led by the eccentric warrior priest Father Wallace the Unhinged. Wallace believes that the Sigmar himself has charged him to claim the crown for the Empire. He will stop at nothing to acquire it. The primary focus is infantry, though there are strong cavalry elements.
(basically what comes in the Empire box supplemented by great swords)

Wood Elves:
The Keepers of the Ever Frozen Glades
Lead by the Lady Alariel, these silent guardians of the forest have been angered by the presence of outsiders. They see the forces of the outsiders as dangerous trespassers. They will do everything necessary to expel the intruders, even at the cost of their own lives. The force is comprised of primarily elves. The Ever Frozen Glades have a very short growing season, making tree spirits scarce at best.
Drazeel
Trainee Warrior

Post by Drazeel »

Dark Prince Khuvarel of Har Ganeth - Master of the Headtakers of Har Ganeth and a son of Dark Lord Ruerl, Khuvarel seeks to add to his large collection of severed heads and win further fame in Naggaroth.

I am running a map campaign with 11 players over the entire region but have split it up into 48 territories. I have started in control of the The Hanging Tree but we will post all of our results in the Great Confluence territory (Australian Region) in the Worldwide campaign.

We have 2 Chaos, 2 Orc, 3 Dwarf, Empire, Tomb King and an Undead Greenskin army taking part so Khuvarel will direct his army/armies to attack a particular foe should a directive from Malekith be given.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Lord Ranieth Bloodheart will be lending his weight to the druchii fighting in the Howling Heights.

Lord Bloodheart is from a few earlier forays into the Empire, mostly before the Storm of Chaos, not all new to the lands of men. Sadly he is very short of anything resembling an army after an unfortunate happening with his second in command who managed to turn his cold-hearted khainites into pleasure-seeking followers of Slaanesh and run away with them to Lustria in search of fortune and favour of his decadent god. This has left Ranieth and the house of Bloodheart in a very difficult situation, their only hope is that Ranieth and his allied sorceress can gather enough followers and ships before the main fighting begins to hunt for slaves, enough slaves to lift the Bloodhearts right back into the room of the most influential families of Har Ganeth. How he will manage it is yet a mystery, perhaps the good name of Bloodheart will be what makes it possible in the end?
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

Army- Druchii

General- Akimoto Yamada

Fluff- A decade ago the Yamada family's estate and holdings were relocated to a outpost city in the mountains, west of Arnheim, named Silmani. Since then Akimoto and his brother, Takumi, have been leading the Yamadan army on raids along the Bleak coast, to re-establish their family's position.

Objective- When news of the Nemesis Crown, and the campaign for it reached Silmani, plans were immediately devised on how best to profit. While it was agreed that the crown itself would be a valuable asset to own, it would serve a greater purpose in distracting the other, lesser races while the Yamadan fleets raided and pillaged.

As such the fleets have been launched, its aim, to plunder the settlements in "The Great Confluence", sending innumerable slaves and treasures back to Silmani. However, if the crown should come within their reach, they would not be adverse to relieving it from its current owner.
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

The Druchii army of Lord Sarien, head of the Draithyan house, The Draithyan Blood Guard is preparing for war.

As Lord Sarien heard of the Nemesis crown, he called his advisors and military tacticians, and started planning his war of vengeance. Being a mad, megalomaniacal elf, he felt that it was his job to kill every other race in the world. His son, Karethas, persuaded the advisors into drawing hopeless plans, and the mad Highborn, too bloodcrazed to see the obvious mistakes, accepted them. Soon there might be a new headmaster of the Draithyan house.
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Jmandude
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jmandude »

Commander:Alair Shadowcinder

Was recovering spoils from a dwarven warband. Though he has overheard a mad dwarven slave speak of the Nemesis crown he could care less and would rather let the lesser races fight for the trinket. The real appeal to this squabble would mean that the lesser races would leave their villages and forts nearby less protected. This would lead the merciless Shadowcinder to spark a flame of terror and fear for his appeal of great artifacts to be found. His spies have told the location of spotted the cowardly wood elven forces nearby, a remote stronghold held by the wretched high elves near an isolated bay, empire fort, and a great dwarven stronghold. Easy for him he would start with the cowardly wood elves in their forests.

My first game will be held against a Wood Elf player then High elf....(wish me luck) :twisted:
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

General: Admiral Draknir Reaverblade
Army: The Forces of the Black Ark Palace of Everlasting Torment

Admiral was sent to the Old World by Malekith's counsellor to find and deliver the crown to Naggaroth, but the counsellor had something else in his mind... for Admiral holds precious information that Malekith should direly see, and while admiral seeks for the Crown in the Old World, counsellor has plenty of time to do his own, more secretful work in the Witch King's court... Complete story can be found here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50265

Unlike other Druchii, Admiral Draknir doesn't belong to any particular house, for his parents, wife and son have all perished and his other kin is unknown to him. Only one who might live to tell the tale would be his father, corsair named Draketh, who mysteriously disappeared to the seas when Draknir was born. But admiral has long ago given up searching his father, as he is fine how he is; a lone wolf who rarely needs aid of others. There are those situations though, and not the least important case was the wrecking of his Ark. Currently he plans to set sails along the River Reik towards the Howling Heights, and to seek the mine of Khrazi Drudd hoping to find signs of the Crown.
Last edited by Draknir on Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

My general is Lord Archon Doomblade who is leading the House Doomblade Raiding Force to the old world to raid, murder and find out more about the crown.
Andreas
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

Lord Dru-lith, in command of Dru-lith's Blood Company.
Corowin vanhir
Slave (off the Altar)
Location: Spreading the teachings of Khain in London, England

Post by Corowin vanhir »

Corowin Vanhir
Warhost Vanhir
Backstory:
House Vanhir is a Druchii noble house that once held considerable power in Naggaroth. However, the house has secretly been practicing the arts of Sorcery and hiring out its sorcerers to Druchii who can’t afford the services of the Convent. 20 years ago one of the sorcerers was hired by a cult who secretly worshiped the powers of chaos. This cult was destroyed by Malekith and all its members, were killed. The sorcerer was interrogated by Malekith’s servants and eventually he told them everything about house Vanhir. In his rage at finding out the existence of such a large group of Sorcerers Malekith ordered the entire house slaughtered and all its property destroyed. The only member of the family to survive was Corowin, a young elf who devoutly worshiped Khaine and secretly hated his family for their involvement with sorcery. He was leading a raiding fleet collecting slaves in the Empire at the time of his familys downfall. On his return he found his family estates in ruins and his entire fortune gone. Him and his raiding fleet were apprehended by Malekith’s agents. However, due to his devotion to Khaine and his hatred of sorcery the temple of Khaine vouched for Corowin and persuaded Malekith to release him. In the space of a few months Corowin had gone from noble son of a rich and powerful noble house to only member of a disgraced family. He still had around half of his raiding fleet left and used it to start rebuilding house Vanhir. Corowin persuaded a daughter of a minor noble house to marry him but her family would not support them, outraged that their daughter had married this failed noble. However, things changed when Corowin managed to arrange an unfortunate ‘accident’ which caused the deaths of all the major members of the family. While they were reeling from the deaths he took control of the family, murdering all who got in his way. With access to the familys resources he was able to send out several raiding fleets. To Corowin’s Horror the fleets were all lost, leaving him with almost no military power. Then, at this darkest hour, he was visited by a sorceress called Aryea, who claimed to be Corowin’s cousin. His hatred of the sorcerers who had caused the loss of his familys fortune almost caused him to kill her immediately, but she persuaded him to listen to to her story. She had managed to elude Malekith and had fared as badly as Corowin. However, she had found out about him, and had found a way to return house Vanhir to its former glory. She had heard of an artifact called the Nemesis Crown and realized that, if they could find this Crown then Malekith would reward them greatly. Aryea and Corowin gathered all the military forces they had available and set sail for the Barren hills. However, Corowin heard about a group of rebel Druchii trying to take the ruins of Tor Thana from the Asur. He still held a deep hatred of Malekith for what he had done to his family so was eager to join with them. Aryea has not yet found out about this and it is not clear to Corowin what her reaction will be. So he sets off for Tor Thana, hoping to bring glory back to the name of Vanhir.
Gladeius
Shade

Post by Gladeius »

Kalath Darkbringer leading Kalath's Death Raiders.

His thoughts on the campaign, "It's not about the riches and glory, it's about the thrill of the hunt, but of course getting the crown along the way wouldn't be too bad either."
Dangerous toys are fun but you could get hurt. ;3
Dark guardian
Corsair

Post by Dark guardian »

Beast Master Yrien
Army: Hunters in the Dark
Back story: From a smaller house of Karond Kar. Yrien has decided to throw in his gauntlet to show you nobles how it is done. He has embarked with his warriors and brings the prizes of his house Spikey (war hydra) and his personal manticore to the field. Having arrived at on the field he has heard of a Loremaster and intends to hound this adversary into the ground.

For his army:

Code: Select all

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50906
"Have you killed many?"
"More than I can easily count."
"This can mean two things, either you do not have a head for figures or you have killed many."
"I can count past 200."
"That is a respectable number."
-Domes of Fire by David Eddings
Azza007
Slave on the Altar

Post by Azza007 »

Dwarf Lord Granuk Grimstone

Lord Granuk Grimstone is one of the major Lords from Karak Azza, a small, growing fortress in the Grey Mountains. He has pledged some of his finest warriors to the High King's army. He is currently searching the West of the Great Forest. The search continues for the Dwarf forces, to hide the past and the Crown from all races.
I am a 6'4" Dwarf.