Allies?

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Grimstonefire
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grimstonefire »

As the ambassador for the Hand of Hashut (Chaos Dwarfs) I guess I better reply here.

As I see it, if you ally with Orcs we will hopefully ally with you as well. This is my own opinion, but I think others will agree back on HoH.

If you decide not to ally with orcs I can still see us working together, but not as our main ally (which would remain as orcs). However, military/ fluff alliance or not, ANY mentions of Chaos Dwarfs in any form whatsoever will be much appreciated.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I've already spoken with some of the guys over at the other Chaos Dwarf website, I think an alliance with the Greenskins means an alliance with the uglier stunties ;)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

What about an alliance with the ratmen? Surely some warpstone could sway the council of 13. Skaven could prove as useful canon fodder for those massive empire canons.
Long live the Witch King!
Skaven lord vinshqueek
Corsair

Post by Skaven lord vinshqueek »

Thanasi the Soulless wrote:Skaven could prove as useful canon fodder for those massive empire canons.

...Which is off course a bad way of starting negotiations when the Skaven can actually view the Druchii.net forums. ;)

Greetz
The biggest Skaven site on the internet: Underempire.net
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Skaven can view everything, the whole world is like some big T.V to him.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

You all do know that comment like this;
Thanasi the Soulless wrote:What about an alliance with the ratmen? Surely some warpstone could sway the council of 13. Skaven could prove as useful canon fodder for those massive empire canons.

make it very hard for us to get some people on our side?
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

To be fair most Skaven view other Skaven as cannon fodder so its unsuprising that Dark Elves, who basically view all other races to be cannon fodder to have this oppinion. We are just not very nice people :).
Skaven lord vinshqueek
Corsair

Post by Skaven lord vinshqueek »

True, I most certainly agree that the Dark Elf characters would indeed view any other race that way, but still... If you're in a campaign and you try to have other factions/ races/ communities/ etc. working alongside you, then it is usually wise to refrain from anything involving using them in a negative way for your own purpose. ;)

Greetz
The biggest Skaven site on the internet: Underempire.net
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I agree with you. I was talking in character, as background wise the Druchii would try to use the Skaven to achieve their own goals just as the Skaven would try and use the Dark Elves to their own ends (probably less successfully as we all know Skaven plans have a nasty tentancy to backfire :lol: ). That is the problem with evil races allying, they are always trying to backstab each other, does make it more interesting though :).
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Even when talking in character, something I delight in doing on other race's boards (by the way Vinshqueek I am High Priest Gorgoneth) it's always a good idea to be respectful. We Druchii may not be very nice people (elves?) but we are a charming and diplomatically skilled race, even if the assassins of Khaine do back up our words. I for one would be delighted with a Skaven alliance as they are my second favourite army and I maintain a small tailed force myself!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

An alliance would be good if we can come up with some desent fluff ideas but I can't help but think that the Dark elf assasins might meet the Skaven ones half way bettween camps.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Lord Kaihlik Rashia wrote:To be fair most Skaven view other Skaven as cannon fodder so its unsuprising that Dark Elves, who basically view all other races to be cannon fodder to have this oppinion. We are just not very nice people :).

Just to add to this. I've read the skaven RPG book and Skaven get along better from those who complement them, not tell them how useful they'd be for cannon fodder.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Skaven generally are nice to the ones who are above them in rank and less nice to the ones who are below them.
So if you let them feel like they are better then you or better then others of their race they will likely listen to you. But then again, doesn’t that count for all races?
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

My comment was a joke (hence the smilie) . It was Thanasi the Soulless who said the Skaven would be useful cannon fodder.
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

Skavens nature is to backstab and so would the Druchii but thats no reason why an alliance can't be made in the meantine, even just to deter third party enemies or to reach a common goal, eh?
Long live the Witch King!
Airtruck
Slave on the Altar

Post by Airtruck »

Thanasi the Soulless wrote:Skavens nature is to backstab and so would the Druchii but thats no reason why an alliance can't be made in the meantine, even just to deter third party enemies or to reach a common goal, eh?
I am a Skaven player and am eager to ally with you, fluff-wise and tactically. You will receive no back-stabbings from me, so long as there will be no back-stabbings from you :)

I've even started a small pre-NC campaign within my small gaming group with Skaven and DE allied against Dwarfs. I plan to integrade the fluff I get from that into my character's fluff for the campaign.

But again, I'd really like to have an alliance with the Dark Elves, but that is up to the Co13. I think they will ally with you.

-Airtruck
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hi. Hear's hoping, as the Skaven are right outside our UK objective.

Mind posting a link to anything once you've written it? We've got a lot of stuff for the campaign here, but I'm annoyed cos I've been kept waiting by the UK high elves (who seem to have posted only one story over the entire map).
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yhea but if its the one on warvalt then its a good story.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

True, but considering it's the only one written so far, anywhere...
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:Kouran is dead, Tiron killed him.

really? where does it say that?
Step 1: Find a High Elf
Step 2: Find a preferably sharp object
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 3 Pieces!

my characters
rules
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=609716#609716
fluff
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50387
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

High elf army book.

Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

*sigh*....please...do not start on Kouran....A proud General, wrongly killed by GW...
Yeah give skaven a chance. For us druchii we are gonig to be low in number with all this devoting to Tor Thana and other treasure objectives. use the skaven to increase our numbers. You think we need an alliance with VC. My wife was talking about it to me (She plays VC) and she was wondering if there would any hope of me ally with her VC army or any other VC army in fact. She is gonig to be playing the Nemesis crown campaign with me but she is VC...Damn...
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hay, I'm VC!

What bloodline does she play? That's going to make a diference.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yes but you might have notised that you are the only VC to deside on an alliance with the Druchii, the comunity at large does not seem so positive on the idea (not that there isnt some suport for it)

Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Yeah, what Drainial said. I was just asking about it, that we could consider an alliance with the VC. At Tilmann Spyri, my wifes plays all the bloodlines, though she will be using either Blood dragon, Carstein or Nechrach (I can't remember how to spell its name)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite