Allies?

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

I personally do not see the problem with allying with two people so I will see what the people on hand of hashut think.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Not sure the Greenskin and Dwarf alliance is very strong anyway due to the dwarves enslaving greenskins. I am just not sure that in hte fluff there is any reason for us to form an alliance, I don't see them as much use as slaves.

Still they don't move much so we can use them to take the enemies fire whils we do the more precise work of killing and enslaving.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

As a fledgling CD player, I can see the connection. Sometimes, a Dawi Zahr just wants to!!BURNINATE!! things rather than put up with the political or tactical bother of preforming calculated strikes. 'Tis just a matter of not getting in their way when they decide to do so.

My theory is that they sided with the greenskins because they have a closer kinship with them over any army other than Chaos, and none of the Chaos communities have really buckled down yet compared to the folks at Da Warpath. Plus, Chaos Dwarfs aren't officially part of this campaign. It's easy to use your CD army and just say you were using greenskins.

As for me, I'm actually quite tempted to finish up my CD's and use them along with my DE. I'd only be able to reflect it in the fluff, but CD armies are just too cool not to use :P
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Well, I for one would certainly like to see a return of the CD. I do think that GW might ignore some of the fluff containing CD as they are not currently a printed army book (I know there is a reasonable arguement that the rules on the website are still legal but I doubt GW would support that as they are not making any money from it!).
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just out of intrest if Tor Thana is an abandond city who exactly are you all going to be fighting?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

High Elves want it too.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Kellindel_mournblade
Corsair

Post by Kellindel_mournblade »

Eldacar wrote:Dark Elves aren't really suited to allying with others. I can see them perhaps manipulating a race from the sidelines, and the Cult of Pleasure shouldn't have too many problems allying themselves with some Slaaneshi Chaos followers, but for the most part, they're the sort of raiders who work alone.

LOL ... So true ...

Just got done with a map campaign and I pulled off a stunt that made one guy claim "I'm never playing another game with him!!" as he pointed at me.

He was on my Northern border and the two of us had a "agreement" not to attack each other. He was getting hard pressed by two other guys farther North.

I told him he should keep one banner, which is a 1000 point force, in his capitol. He didn't, then he asked if I could help out. Well I have another force to the South of me that was dug in to fight off three other guys so I said I could send three banners his way.

Since we were allies, we didn't take each others territories when we moved into each others lands. My path was going to take me by his Capitol. So on the turn when I was near it, I declared war on him and took his capitol. He had three turns to take it back before getting kicked out of the game and failed. I increased my lands, got more forces, and expanded some more.

I don't blame him for being pissed ... but my response was ... "Hey, I'm playing Dark Elves ... What did you THINK I was going to do??"
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Dranial, I see your point but remember that the forest is going to be crawling with armies of various races so we will probably run into at least a few of them especialy because apparently the city keeps moving, also no one knows for sure if it is deserted
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Eah fair enough, mind if I come along? (if I can find anyone to play against that is)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Are we suggesting that all the UK Druchii go for the ruins, if we can co-ordinate the fluff GW may take note, no matter who we face if we say we came across them searching for the ruins we may be able to get there first.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well quite a few people here seem to have desided that they wouldnt mind a crack at Tor Thana but no that was not the sugestion as far as I was aware, that was just Fingol 23's fluff and several people, my self included, have jumped on the band wagon.

Gentleman of Moderation
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thanasi the soulless »

Let's just kill all the other races. We are not really good or bad in my opinion...

We are Druchii the world is ours! We areyet to take it as ours. To quote the brilliant Kane from C & C it is time to take this world as our own!
Long live the Witch King!
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

With us being comparativly few in number I think there should be some concerted effort.

I know the scoring system should, theoretically, balance out for less common armies, but aside from the points the fluff would be better to be consistant.

Is it worth thinking of some goals for fluff (whilst also killing everything that moves of course)?
Kheirakh
Assassin

Post by Kheirakh »

Druchii could ally with chaos. Remember the wars in Ulthuan when the Witch King allied with Chaos things (that Nakari demon etc.)?

Also with Chaos dwarves I could imagine that druchii would be glad to ally (ofcourse if there are benefits).

Orcs and goblins are too brutal for druchii, so nay for them.

VC, no. VC are dead. They try to make everyone die. Dark elves are alive. VC want druchii dead. So no.

Skaven. Nay. Druchii won't trust them.

Ogre Kingdoms. Maybe as mercenarys, but otherwise no.
My avatar is so cute, isn't it?
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I wouldn't mind helping the orcs by writing fluff that revolves around us sabotaging the dwarfs and empire to allow the orcs to get their hands on the crown.

The way I see it is that if the Orcs get a hold of thee crown it will be fought over amongst themselves and the Druchii may be able to make a play for the crown in the future. If the empire or dwarfs get it it will be held in a fortified city and only brought out in the case of the empire in huge scale battles which the Dark Elves wouldn't be a part of and in the case of the Dwarfs never brought out ir destroyed. Also the warlord which obtains the crown will probably cause a lot of devistation the we Druchii can capitalise on.

I will probably write my fluff so that i sabotage dwarf efforts to hold back the greenskins.
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

interesting, looking at potential alliances to try and screw over other races rather than aid us (which we obviously don't need) that is very Druchii of you.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

@Kheirakh, we can't actually ally with anyone under this scoring system. And even if we could, I disagree with 5/6 of your points. We report our battles and post our fluff, the point of a fluff alliance is to recognize the efforts and cooperation of two races fluffwise. As far as game mechanics are concerned, it's a free for all.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

Whilst it is a free for all as far as the crown is concerned I think co-ordinated fluff will be listened to to allow the small victories.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

I am glad to have as many people helping as possible it will make it more likely that the fluff will make it into the GW fluff

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

The story is well suited for Druchii to make a concerted effort. No doubt that such an artifact has caught Malekiths eye. Maybe Kouran himself will lead the attack.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Kouran is dead, Tiron killed him.

Gentleman of Moderation
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I am willing to concentrate our attack on the certain location as well. As for the alliance, I don't see the point. Why should we help another race gain their way to the top, I say they might be manipulating us as well, so they get the crown. Remember that we aren't looking for the crown (yet) but they are, I believe they are just using us Druchii.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Vel demere
Dark Rider

Post by Vel demere »

We should decide what the goal is for week 1
Thanasi the soulless
Trainee Warrior

Mayby we form some alliance with Chaos, let Chaos troops cut down the humans, dwarfs and Green skins. When all is said and done, the Chaos lord and his depleted retinue can be mown down by our firepower and a highborn could take the crown for the witchking.

Alternatively the relatively dumb beastmen that enhabit the region could be of some use for the right price...
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

What is this certain location, Tor Thana? sorry if i am being dense but it isn't 100% clear

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5