Druchii Goals for the Campaign + Poll

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Are you in favor of a fluff alliance with the Orcs and Goblins?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:03 am

yes
78%
no
22%

Total votes: 51

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Well it looks like we've got a clear majority as far as the fluff alliance is concerned. Just to make my actions a bit more clear, I put the poll up so I could see some actuall numbers behind the expressed sentiments of the community. Before now, there was only one or two people saying that they didn't want any sort of fluff alliance so that's where my comment on Da Warpath came from. Now we all have a much better idea of where people stand and I don't think we need to discuss it anymore. Good points have been made by both pro alliance and con, so let's just let the poll run it's final three days. I don't think the results will change much at all, but I set it for five so whatever.

Now's the time to talk about our goals. Anyone have something to say about those?
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Grimstonefire
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grimstonefire »

It seems to me that the reason its hard to imagine a fluff alliance of any sort it because you don't have clear enough objectives of your own...

I don't collect DE, and I have very little interest in them, but here is an idea for some specific armies you can send out on specific missions. Each would need to be a named force with a named leader, so that people just go on the mission of the army they like the theme of. Each needing a specific themed mission in the main regions (so everyone has a reason to fight).

I’m not even going to attempt to think of a name for each of these, so I’ll just leave that to people here ;)

Army themed on Shades
An army of scouts that are racing deep into the forest as quick as they possibly can. Their mission is to find out as much as possible about the crown, to only attack when necessary, but to deliver the decisive blow at the right moment. Stealth over force.

Basically to attempt to fight the campaign on GW terms and get the crown.

Lighting strikeforce
An army themed on everything that is mounted or can fly. Their mission is to race around each region at a lightning speed, attacking settlements and other unfortified locations before disappearing again. Having such a fast army in the campaign would be good fluffwise, and effective too. Speed over anything else.

These ones will form a hammer blow to weaken areas for infantry to attack later on. Their enemies will hear the sound of thunder as the thousands or horses and Cold Ones decend upon them. Basically they strike fear into people long before they actually strike.

The Beastmasters
An army themed on Hydras and all manner of other weird beasts you guys and gals have. Amongst the Great Forest there are going to be thousands of weird creatures. Some will be little more than mutants, whilst others can be massive creatures you make up! Like a ‘lost and mutated’ army list.. If you know what I mean ;)

So their mission is to attack enemies with the beasts they control, and to ‘battle test’ enslaved creatures they come across. Survival of the fittest, then those that survive the campaign will be worth taking back with them to sell.

Having themes like these makes it much easier to think up an alliance with both the Orcs and Chaos Dwarfs.

For instance:

Mounted greenskin tribes racing against the DE Lightning strikeforce to prove they’re da best. They attack the same locations as each side is following the other around; the DE ‘using’ the brute strength and expendable greenskins, the greenskins proving they’re faster and ‘arder. Some locations the DE will want slaves so need to get there first, others they’re happy for the Orcs to weaken first.

Chaos Dwarfs building emergency boats or flotillas to help the thousands of horses over the many rivers.

The armies of Shades can relay information to the Orcs for when to attack certain armies or locations. They do this so either the Orcs are successful and they destroy their mutual enemies, or they weaken them. Either way its win win for both sides.

The Beastmasters will be an interesting one for an alliance, Orcs like proving they’re ‘ard, so they can help battle test the new creatures the DE enslave. The DE can enslave beasts that are attacking armies of Orcs as well.

The Chaos Dwarfs can trade huge mutant creatures for humans etc. These being much more useful for mining and you seem to like the bigger ones for battle more.

But what do I know... As if it weren't enough me coordinating fluff for Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs and Orcs
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

orcs want the crown so that people will fight them. So why would they make an alliance with somebody who they could just fight?
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

That's one thing my dwarf friends been asking. I'm right now just confused. Like I can't get their alliance thing, if it isn't a site thing why announce things and give it's own red carpet, if it is why get us all involve for those who don't want to be. And fluff or not, it's also like saying we can't do anything without the orcs help and the same story as them, why be like the High elves and pleading for other's help to fight our enemys.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Because many people on this site do want an alliance with the Orcs and this is for those who do to coordinte their efforts in writing fluff. You don't have to help the Orcs but many people will since it will give them a larger roll in the campaign.

I personally am writing my fluff to manipulate them towards my own goals. I will also write my fluff to disrupt the efforts of Dwarfs and Men who are trying to hold off the Orcs and help them go for the crown. I feel that if the Empire or Dwarfs get it will make it to hard for the dark elves to make a play for it in the future but the nature of the Orcs means that it is more likely that they will fight amonst themselves for it and eventually give us a chance to go for it (I know this will never happen but that is my generals reasoning behind it anyway).

Therefor by helping the Orcs i am taking a larger role in the campaign whilst furthering the neads of the Druchii. (I do not plan on having conversations with greenskins just disrupt the efforts of others to defend themselves against the green tide.)
Grimstonefire
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grimstonefire »

@WalrusM3
As Lord Kaihlik Rashia says, coordinating fluff is about more than 'we need them to win'. Its just a way to get what people want for their race out of the campaign. Meet the objectives they want.

If people don't want any other objectives thats fine! Just let GW decide what you want and leave it at that.

By having an alliance it gives a lot more people to mention each others objectives. More numbers mentioning vastly increases the chances of each fluff objective actually happening.

I can't really comment on this being an 'official decision' by your war council (if you have one), but if people don't want an alliance then don't mention it in your reports and don't read this thread! :) Leave it to people who do (the majority on the poll thus far).

As to the crown itself we can all set our own objectives as to what we want to happen, making pacts between forums and such, but at the end of the day it will simply be down to the numbers of who wins and what GW decide as the pre-determined outcome should each race win.

@DarkLord Of Naggaroth
Whilst the other members of the MoW could answer that better, I think the best answer is that Orcs may be brutal but they're not stupid. Sure they could take on everyone with no allies, but realistically fluff wise they would make alliances.

These wouldn't be the usual sort of alliances, with people gathered round a table discussing mutual plans etc. These would be more of a battlefield emergency alliance, aiding each other by relaying infortmation and occasionally fighting alongside each other. Generally speaking the Dark Elf Lords and Orc Warlords would probably rarely meet, they would simply send messages between each other.

The Dark Elves are few in number. They don't have enough strength to take on all the armies the forest and survive a war of attrition as they rely more on precision strikes.

The Orcs could easily lose track of where the crown is and get sidetracked just having a good fight (the race, not Da Warpath ;)), so the strategic information that the Dark Elves could provide could REALLY help direct the orc Waagh into more of a precision strike than a heavy blow.

The Chaos Dwarfs help this as well by speeding up the Orcs through their mechanical genius and slowing down our enemies. So a theme equally as useful to a lightning strike like the Dark Elves.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

So tell me one thing, why don't we ally with every other race then, what makes your race so special and I do admit that technically we represent our races both being the two most well known site. Is it suppose to be that Orcs and Druchii are meant to be best friends?

Like I said the whole reason why this sickens me is because you all treat it as a big deal and encourage others. Sure yet again to be honest I would pick the orcs to be my allys out of any of the other races but how your making all these fluff alliances on the internet makes it seem like it is so special.

As for who pre-determine who wins, it sounds like that we need you to help us win or it sounds like you need our help to win. It is as you said that we could manipluate you but you could be manipulate us. I like orcs but you aren't sound very orcy, more allies - less enemies. Just as I said a moment a go you could be manipulating us, but orcs would rather fight now rather then later.
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

I'm going to leave myself out of the WalrusM3 thing. It's making my head hurt.

As Drainial Shadowheart mentioned, by bringing this alliance about, we have the opportunity to give GW a big slap in the face as a wake-up call: we Druchii are tired of being neglected and marginalized.

I'm for this alliance for many reasons, but the greatest part of it for me is to get the Druchii sitting at the 'Big Kid's Table' with the other races. We're a huge community, and in these last two campaigns (this one included in that), GW has simply refused to tap us, telling us straight up that we have no chance at the Crown being ours at the end of this campaign. I refuse to accept that, and if the O&G are in a better position to get it than we are, then allying ourselves with them -- even if it's only to steal it at the end of the campaign -- is our best shot at even seeing it.

I just wish I knew a little bit more about how we're going to work this fluff alliance. We're not allied on the table-top, that I know. But are we simply allied in that we're coordinating our fluff together? If all we're doing is coroborating the same story, then why are we even using the phrase 'alliance'? Just call it a 'background recognition effort'
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Walrus, dude, chill its a game. We are just talking about getting together with the Orcs to write some interesting background with one of the races that can acctually get the crown. We are just trying to tie our backgroung more closely to the campaign and in doing so maybe getting more recognition at the end.

Also what possible reason could the Orcs have for manuipulating us. They are garuarenteed an important role in this campaign and really have no need of us. What Da Warpath have done is basically asked if we want to collaberate with them on fluff and try and tie our storylines together.

Its not a big deal its a laugh but how can you collaberate if you don't talk to each other. No one cares if you personally don't want to help the Orcs and we will not force you to. In my case i my main oppoanents are Dwarfs and Greenskins and I personally hate the Dwarfs so I want to help the greenskin players.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I am, well chilled. Just not very good at showing I am calm when debating, but I can be determined as you can see.

At first it was just some people banding together to write a fluff together but 'hey why don't we get everyone else involved' and getting everyone else in on it.

As for the crown, the orcs might not get it but we could or not either ways you act like they will get it. I also hate those hairy things (Not serious grudge wise) but heck why not just ally with someone like the skaven who are also after it or something like that.

I for one think there should still be a group of those who actually are allying with the orcs or just write them in their stories. Do this has acted if so it is a big thing.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

WalrusM3 wrote:Like I said the whole reason why this sickens me is because you all treat it as a big deal and encourage others.

I'm sorry that you feel this way WalrusM3, but how the hell else is anyone supposed to get anything accomplished if they don't get help from others and get as many supporters as they can?

Lord Kaihlik Rashia wrote: No one cares if you personally don't want to help the Orcs and we will not force you to.

QFT

Sirist wrote:But are we simply allied in that we're coordinating our fluff together? If all we're doing is coroborating the same story, then why are we even using the phrase 'alliance'? Just call it a 'background recognition effort'

Alliance is less effort to write out ;) We're not forming something like the old-school Hands of Darkness here, we're collaborating in a narrative. So yes, you're right.

In any case, I'd really like it if we could finalise our broader goals for the campaign. We could come up with something weekly so we don't have to worry too much about individual battle zones yet, but adressing what we're doing in that big forest and how we're doing it would be great. I'm actually liking some of Grimstonfire's ideas.

Grimstonefire wrote:Army themed on Shades
An army of scouts that are racing deep into the forest as quick as they possibly can. Their mission is to find out as much as possible about the crown, to only attack when necessary, but to deliver the decisive blow at the right moment. Stealth over force.

Basically to attempt to fight the campaign on GW terms and get the crown.

I think this would be how most of us would wind up fighting. It could actually be combined with the Beastmaster faction and we'd wind up with the scouts and the shock troops. Wild Reavers strikes me for a name here. Any other ideas?

Dividing our forces into something like the Wild Reavers and the Lightening Strikeforce (still yet to be named) would give us something more to write about at least.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

I agree that a series of "taskforces" would make it much easier to coordinate fluff, with the generals involved in each one making sure their fluff is consistent. Perhaps one general from each taskforce can take supreme command and form a collective war council with other supreme commanders to give the fluff overall direction? Just a thought but that sort of organisation might help kick us all into gear a bit.

The rogue factions in the UK have pretty much (as already pointed out) found our commander in the shape of Fingol23's Rackeith and have begun building a taskforce type set up. i think it works well as a model, so i support Darkwater's suggestion.
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

Again, before we discuss what taskforces we want, goals need to be established first.

I know the majority of the UK group has already decided their goal: Tor Thana. As for the rest of us (the US in my case), however, it's not so clear. However, having looked at some of the player backgrounds, I think there are places to start.

-Vragthar's Monolith: Popping daemons out of this thing to go fight our enemies means less work for us. Let our minions go steal the Crown for us, or at least make their lives hell while we look for it.

-Slaves: Since when did a campaign go by where people weren't looking for slaves? Targets like the Headless Badger, Mattengard, and the unnamed fort and village might pay off.

-The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Bring them rogues to justice by order of Malekith. This is purely a fluff goal, with likely no bareing on the campaign.

-The Crown: Some people just plain want it; others want it for Malekith. This goal is obvious.

I'm sure there are other goals, and I'm sure some on this list are marginal compared to others, but this is what I see at the moment.
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

It sounds like fun using the Orc's to do our dirty work then betraying them afterwards... and if it sounds like fun, that's enough reason for me to commit my underlings.
Oldone
Dark Rider

Post by Oldone »

I like Grimstonefire's ideas but I can see the beastmasters joining up with the shades with those wonderful skirmishing hydras :lol: .

As for objectives, even the ones suggested by GW get better with a mutual fluff recognition pact (@ Fingol - you're right, alliance is quicker!) - a slave raiding mission can be just that, but it's more likely to be effective if the village (or Headless Badger?) has just fought off an orc raiding party, so put it in when you write up the battle, especially if your shades led the orcs there in the first place :twisted: and the orcs can mention how they got led into a big fight. @ WalrusM3 you're right, this doesn't have to just be with the orcs, it can be with whomever you're playing, but doing it via the sites like this makes it more likely that the orcs give us a mention even if they don't individually know any Druchii players.

See you at Tor Thana. Am I with Rakeith or against him? Who knows? Lets see what develops...
You need to get out more.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Sorry if I'm about to hijack the topic but maybe we should get people to write down their goals for the Nemesis crown. Mine for instance is Benedict's retreat and the Ancient Burial Grounds in the green heart. As I am in Australia, i cannot go for Tor Thana or Vragthar's Monolith. So people and their conflict zones should write where they are going to strike and how much effort you would put into it and stuff like why and the rumours about the place. Enough about the WalrusM3 argument hardly anyone of us has put down what we were ment to on this topic.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I act in the NE (Finland) so we here are the closest to the original site of the Crown, where from it was unfortunately taken by the Night Goblin that got it's nimble fingers on it. Propably it isn't far from here though, so we must try to search the area as precisely as possible.

The Howling Heights have an Orc encampment and Forest Goblin lairs, from which it will be easy to work our way to southern forests with propable green allies. So, my personal goals would be raiding of Leopoldhaus and the Temple of Fallen in hope of valuables. Of course it would be useful to search the mines of Khrazi Drudd and try to find tracks of the Crown.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just causing havoc could also be a goal, if you think about it you have all these armies abroad not quite sure who they are freinds with. Say a dwarf army is on the march on one side of a forest and an empire encampment is on the other, the shades attack the dwaves from the trees with normal cross bows (not repeaters) the dwafs chace them an attack the empire, both races are weakend and a little bit less trusting of one another, divide and conquer. Just a thought.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Grimstonefire
Slave on the Altar

Post by Grimstonefire »

That would be very sneaky actually. Not fighting any major battles, just doing enough to draw 2 enemy armies close enough to fight each other then get out the way.

That way when the winner emerges, having taken many casualties you either set him up against someone else or sneaky in and finish them off in the night!
Grandmasterfred
Executioner

Post by Grandmasterfred »

where can i find a list of these magic items that your talking about
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

If you meen the ones in the temples that we are planing on raiding there is no list they are just unknown magic items.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Gw will determine what the magc items do, once we find them all :twisted:
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

i say we ally with the greenskins. then in true druchii style, back stab them when the oppertunity presents the most gain for us. ie; we ally, we aid them in a couple of minor endevors then we get them to use all their might to attack a target to aid us. then we wipe out what evers left of them.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"