Quest for the Nemesis- NC fluff

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Draknir
Dark Artist

Quest for the Nemesis- NC fluff

Post by Draknir »

Yet another background story. Admiral Reaverblade's Ark is on the move...

A Week Earlier

Admiral Draknir Reaverblade stood at the door of the Counsellor’s office. He didn’t quite know why had he been asked there. Much more likely he would have been resting, as he had just ended a long trip to the Old World. A heavily armoured guard asked Admiral inside.

Counsellor Mordainn Tharkyn sat behind a huge black marble desk. The room was so high that it’s ceiling couldn’t be seen, and only lightsource was subdued sunshine behind a dusty stained glass window. The furniture was simple; a few bookshelves full of tomes and tapestries of long-dead precedessors of the Counsellor. Counsellor Tharkyn was one of King Malekith’s closest officers that had had a long career in the Court. His experience could be seen in his white hair and disturbingly light eyes that showed they had seen everything.

”Admiral Draknir, I have been waiting for you. I heard you just returned from a successful raid to the Empire?” Tharkyn asked drily.
”That’s right, mylord. We managed to capture gold and slaves enough for a nice profit.”
”Would you mind going back there?” Counsellor asked politely. Admiral frowned.
”The voyage was hard. Me and my crew are extremely tired and I am not going to afford another raid for at least two months. The Ark has to be equipped again, it needs fresh food and water supplies, and even it’s enchantment is worn-out to carry for such a trip. I’m afraid that I have to refuse, mylord.”
”I mean right now”, Counsellor Tharkyn snarled and his irritation started to show from his otherwise emotionless face. He recovered his calmness and said, his cold eyes fixed to Admiral's scarred face: ”You don’t know what I have had to go through. My power in the Court has been weakened. ”Too old” they say. I am going to lose my place at Malekith’s side if I don’t do something to reassure it… Something like bringing a powerful magical artefact to our rightful king… Propably you have heard of the Nemesis Crown, Admiral?”

To Be Continued...
Last edited by Draknir on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Nice story. Although the Counsellor is a bit to stressed for my liking. I would advise a chill-pill. :lol:
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

The next part of the story, i am bursting with inspiration today.

Admiral Draknir and Counsellor Tharkyn walked in the patio of Counsellor's mansion. The trees were yet to be in leaf- Naggaroth's cold climate was not merciful with living things.
”I hope you understand my situation, Admiral. But I’m desperate. I shall send you and your crew to the Empire to search for this mysterious Crown. Bring it to me, and you will be rewarded. Fail, and you’ll wish you have never been born.” Tharkyn turned and walked away. Draknir stood in the patio for a while and thought to himself: ”I wish that already.”

Present

The Palace of Everlasting Torment glided in the calm, dark sea. The coastline of the Empire could be seen in the horizon. Admiral sighed and walked back to his cabin in the highest tower of the castle-like vessel. The huge cabin was lit by many candles, and it was quite messy. Admiral sat behind his desk that was covered by charts, unread letters and occasional knives. It had been only a couple of weeks when Draknir had lost his son- his only family. In fact Draknir had finished his son up himself, that weakling had lost to an Asur spy, Adamer. Draknir remembered that Adamer was still aboard the ship- propably in the bottom-most cells near the torturing chamber where the Asur had suffered horribly in the hands of Menkar the Slavemaster.

In fact, Adamer was not in his cell as Draknir thought. Menkar laid unconscious next to the open door of the dirty, empty chamber. Adamer was very weak after weeks of torment, but he could still break out of his cell and escape. Adamer had plotted for ways to inflict as much damage as he could before his inevitable death in the hands of his dark-minded cousins, and had decided his ultimate goal. He felt the dark magical energy getting stronger, as he got closer to the Darkwell- pool of pure Dhar that’s power kept the Ark going. Adamer seized his power-giving magical amulet- The Star of Avelorn- and beheaded the corsairs that guarded the gate to the Well Chamber.

Adamer’s talisman glowed ragingly as it’s wearer got closer to the Ark’s source of power. It was like a huge, black cauldron full of liquid that seemed to absorb all light in the chamber. Adamer breathed a quick prayer to Asuryan and threw himself to the Darkwell.

Draknir felt the Ark to shake and stood up. He almost fell as the enormous ship trembled more powerfully. Draknir hurried to the bridge, where shipmaster Sthel-Dar used the steering system of the Ark- two, round discs made of black stone that rolled inside each other. The magical field that normally rounded the discs was flickering. ”What is it?” Draknir demanded. ”I don’t know, I think the Darkwell is damaged”, Sthel-Dar replied. ”Adamer”, Draknir snarled and rushed to the stairs that lead to the cell floor.

The Darkwell was flaming with dark flames, arcane gases flowing from it and liquefying the floor around it. Draknir wrapped his dragonhide cloak tighter around him and stared angrily at the blackened bones that melted slowly in the remains of the magical pool. The Ark started to heel over,and Draknir heard masses of water surge to the lower floors. Palace of Everlasting Torment heeled over and slowly sank to the water. Draknir ran to the upper floors as fast as he could, and thought that the higher towers could be left above the surface. Again at the bridge, Draknir took control over the steering device. He turned the outer ring and the Ark steered- cumbersomely, but still. If Draknir could remember right, there was a shoal near where he could run the Ark aground before it would sink.

With a mighty thundering the Ark hit the rocky shoal, heeled a little to the other side and stopped. The sound of rumbling echoed a moment and silence came. Draknir breathed heavily and dropped into shipmaster’s chair. ”I presume we lost our surprise element”, Sthel-Dar said, his voice trembling. Draknir lifted his crossbow from its belt and aimed the shipmaster. Sthel-Dar looked at the crossbow surprised. Draknir lowered his weapon and laughed.

After a while, black longboats sailed from the huge form of the Ark to the shore. ”Let’s keep the Palace as our camp. It won’t move until we find someone that knows about magic”, Draknir said and sneered. He had exact person in his mind.

To Be Continued…
Last edited by Draknir on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Nice story and a good idea about how to disrupt a black ark but I would have thought that they would have a sorceress on board for just such an ocasion.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Him it seems that Drainial, Morvai and I are some of the only people to comment on peoples fluff. Theres nothing wrong with that of course, just noticing.

Its a good story though i would of liked to explain a little more with the aid on the empire. like mabye an estimate of crew lost or something like that?

The second story, wow great. You explained the inner workings of a Black Ark well. Very great indeed!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Khelmor wrote:Him it seems that Drainial, Morvai and I are some of the only people to comment on peoples fluff. Theres nothing wrong with that of course, just noticing.

That might say something about how much spare time we have. Or, how obsessed we are with increase our postcount. ;)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I guess i love druchii soties. I go on this site for a reason, to talk about druchii and i simply love talking about them. All you guyz on D.net are like my second best friends...who i haven't even seen yet...though i do have way to much time on my hands.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yhea me to, mostly because the stories on Druchii net are far superior to the majority of Black library stuff (not all just most)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=48713

That's the story about the raid, a couple of weeks before the new trip. If someone of you hadn't read that, it explains why Adamer is on the ship and all that.

Then, to the next part.

Marienburg was an insane city. Almost every other building was either a pub or a brothel, and the rest of houses were quite neglected. The finer houses belonged to rich merchants, but they were just as eccentric as the others. A group of Elves dressed in dragonhide didn't even stand out from the miscellaneous mob of humans or even lowlier creatures that staggered around the narrow streets drunken or just otherwise crazed.

And this wasn't even the worst part of the city.

Draknir wrinkled his nose. City of Gold. Bah, more like the Dunghill of Gold. This kind of place shouldn't even exist in a fairly reasonable world- Khaine be thanked that Naggaroth isn't like this, he thought and turned his head away from a reeking bunch of singing drunks that reeled about near the Dark Elves. How can an Elf live here, Draknir wondered and entered a little finer building next to a shop that sold something that should have been food supplies.

The house was filled with papers, scrolls and dusty tomes that partially covered a magical ring on the floor. Behind a pile of books sat a figure that looked like a tall, slim human rather than an Elf.
“Naghlír?” Draknir asked quietly. The figure lifted its head lightning fast and cast a furtive glance at Draknir. Draknir noticed that the Elf’s other eye was twitching. “Draknir? W-what are y-you doing here?” Naghlír said nervously and looked around in a fit of paranoia. “I would have use for a wizard. Do you know anyone?” Draknir inquired cunningly. Naghlir glided to Draknir and covered his mouth with his hand - “walked” would be a wrong word to express his way of moving, as his feet could not be seen under his long, flowing robes. “You mustn’t mention that aloud… Malekith’s spies could be everywhere, you know”, Naghlír said nervously. His eye twitched again.
“Well, if Malekith has drunken hobgoblins as his spies then yes. But I’m sure you are safe here. That city is so… so… you know, horrible. And those very same people are scornful of Chaos” Draknir said.

Naghlír gave a nervous laugh and seemed to get a firmer grip of sanity. “So really, what are you doing here?” he asked after sorting some creased parchments. “My Ark is a bit damaged, and it needs a magic user to work again. And you were the nearest person I knew to handle some magic without insane price, so… You owe me, remember?” Draknir said. He had secretly shipped Naghlír to the Empire for the command of Naghlír’s brother, Lord Khaeldran, who was one of the most powerful men in Naggaroth. “Me? I’m not powerful enough, I have only limited amount of written knowledge, I am not close to the Conv…” -Naghlír’s voice fell to quiet curses- “so I’m afraid I can’t help. Sorry. Close the door when you leave, if you may.” Draknir smiled and seized the paranoiac sorcerer from the throat. “Without me you would be nailed to the door of the Courthouse of Naggarond. I shipped you to the Old World at the risk of my own reputation and my life. You owe me your life, you lowly renegade”, Draknir snarled and dropped Naghlír back to his feet. Draknir smiled cordially and asked: “So, are you going to help me, or not?”

Naghlír’s eye twitched.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Hmmm, that was an unexpected twist, geting better by the post.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Thanks Drainial.

I am going to play with my brother a small skirmish against Empirian robbers, I propably play with Draknir (noble) a couple of Corsairs as his retinue and of course, paranoiac renegade sorcerer. The next part is going to tell about the fight when Draknir leaves marienburg and heads to the Ark but gets ambushed by highwaymen. The following parts go depending on the result of the game. (Whoops! Plot disclosures!)

EDIT: nah I discard that idea.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Next Morning

Draknir and his retinue of two of his best corsairs, Reaver Ar’Thin and shipmaster Sthel-Dar, and a crazed sorcerer, arrived at the shore. The other crew had placed tents on the shore, and further from the camp the Knights herded their reptiles to a hastily built pen.

”Didn’t I say you that keep the Palace as your camp? The Humans might see the campfires!” Draknir snarled to his crew. ”We couldn’t, sir. One of the lookout towers collapsed taking at least two dozen of our men to depths. The Palace seems very unstable. And the middle floor is full of, umm, mysterious mist, sir”, one of the Corsair officers reported. ”Mist, you say?” Draknir asked. ”Yes, sir. Oddly glowing, purple mist, sir.” Naghlír looked at Draknir begging. ”You are going to fix the darkwell anyway, I don’t care if there were pink mist with green spots in it”, Draknir said and glared the sorcerer cruelly.

”Sir! Sails in the horizon!”

Draknir hurried to the corsair holding a looking glass. A huge, black spire could be seen in the horizon. ”It’s an Ark, sir. But one thing is strange. There seems to be a, you know, one of those human engines on the deck. A cannon, that was it”, the corsair said and observed the distant ship with the looking glass. Draknir grabbed the glass and peered to the sea. ”Blackblade”, Draknir whispered and lowered the looking glass. ”Naghlír stays here. You there, ready a boat”, Admiral commanded.

The Blackblade’s Palace of Eternal Darkness was quite different from Draknir’s own Palace’s countless different-looking and –sized towers and ragged sails. It’s tall spires rose high above Draknir’s longboat that was rowed by a dozen Corsairs. When Sthel-Dar threw the tow to one of the docks in the low level there was oddily no-one taking the rope.

Except a Snotling.

Draknir wrinkled his forehead and stared at the snotling who swiftly disappeared to the depths of the Ark dragging a Dark Elven helmet with it. Draknir jumped to the dock himself and tied the rope to the deck, noticing that a Corsair in Blackblade’s traditional uniform lied on the dock foaming from the mouth, with a smashed piece of pie in his hand.

Draknir sighed and wondered if the whole Ark would be overrrun by little greenskins as there could not be seen any conscious Elves on board. Until the moment when guards armed with curved blades appeared to the dock and pointed Draknir and his crew.

”I would like to meet lord Blackblade. Please lead me to him, if you may”, Draknir demanded politely. The guards didn’t lower their weapons. ”And with what rights?” the leader of the guards asked. ”With admiral’s rights. Now please move, if you don’t want to have a bolt in your gut”, Draknir continued and smiled widely, revealing his Lifetaker from under his cloak.

Next thing Draknir realised was the hilt of a sword coming fast towards his face.

”I’m sorry for the crudity of my men, Admiral.”
Draknir opened his eyes, slowly. He rubbed his scarred forehead and recognised the face of Karan Blackblade in front of him.

Morvai, you may continue this forward. Please comment if my story doesn't fit your fluff plans, I'll invent something then.
Last edited by Draknir on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

I like it.
There is only one minor problem, Dan doesn’t command any men other then his two assistants and his snotlings.
If you change the name to Karan then all will be fine.
I will write up something in a couple of minutes to continue this.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Ok, I changed the name. I thought there were two Danarhs, somehow I got that impression from your fluff- Dan told something about confusion and that.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Yeah there are two. One is the engineer with the snotlings and the other is the advisor of Lord Blackblade. However both don’t have their own men, since neither of them are noble’s themselves.

Say is there any chance you can come on MSN? That way typing conversations between characters doesn’t have to be such a pain in the ass. :lol:
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Morvai wrote:Yeah there are two. One is the engineer with the snotlings and the other is the advisor of Lord Blackblade. However both don’t have their own men, since neither of them are noble’s themselves.

Say is there any chance you can come on MSN? That way typing conversations between characters doesn’t have to be such a pain in the ass. :lol:

:D Yeah I could, I'll send a PM so we can continue the conversation.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Part five... the longest part this far... co-operation with Morvai.

“The men are a little frustrated.” explained Karan with a grin as he pointed at a snotling that rushed by. “So I noticed.” replied Draknir while rubbing his forehead.
Regaining his composure Draknir asked; “What is with those damnable greenskin anyway?” Karan laughed. “They are the pets of our engineer, an elf with a taste as strange as his profession. But the little gits take the bore out of this entire trip so they have my protection. But enough about that. We saw your ark was stranded, how did that happen?” Draknir smiled dryly. “That’s a long story, which I will tell you some other time. I need to speak to Lord Blackblade now.” “Alright, but don’t wait to long. I would very much like to know how you managed to strand your own ship in such familiar waters.” Said Karan with a grin.

They reached the upper levels of the ship and Karan escorted Draknir into the general quarters. Draknir was let into the council chamber, a room brightly lit by the numerous globes of witchlight that hung from the ceiling. In the centre of the room stood a round table with a dozen seats around it. At the head of the table stood a small black marble throne. On the throne sat a tall cloak figure, the hood concealed his face. All that pointed to the fact that this was indeed Lord Morvai Blackblade was the silver white hair that fell over his shoulders. As usual he was flanked by his two most trusted men. On his left sat Danarh, his advisor. And on his right sat Kuron, the general of the Blackblade legions. Both elves showed grey in their hair and Draknir was once again reminded that House Blackblade would someday just cease to exist because all the possible rulers had died of old age. After all, all had passed the age of 2000 and from then on any day could be your last.

Draknir was torn form his thoughts as he was addressed by Lord Blackblade.
“Admiral Draknir, what do we have to thank for the pleasure of this visit?” Morvai’s voice let clearly know that it wasn't such a pleasure at all.
"You can thank a stubborn traitor-elf who refused to stay in my perfectly pleasant torturing chambers. My ark is a bit... yes, disabled to work at the moment, and I was quite surprised when I saw another ship of this kind." said Draknir.
“Well your screwed then.” replied Danarh dryly.
“And it shouldn’t have been much of a surprise to see more arks in these regions.” Said Kuron. “The Witchking has send many noble’s to these regions to search for the nemesis crown. And a lot of noble’s has used all means to get there before the others do. Youth always wants more action then is good for them. But all that a side."
"I assume you came to us for assistance with the ark? Or do you perhaps want a ride?”
"I have one magician to help in the repairing work, but the problem seems to be a bit larger than one sorcerer- I mean sorceress can handle." Draknir could only narrowly avoid of making the mistake of mentioning the renegade while Lord Morvai was present. The consequences could be horrible, as Morvai was renowned loyalist.
“Well I have one sorceress aboard, so she could help out. But before I decide anything I want to know if the situation is safe to work in. After all I wouldn’t want to lose my only sorcerous help a board.” came the raspy voice of Morvai.

"You can be perfectly trusty with this, mylord. I shall return her as soon as the Darkwell is fixed. Propably she will be even alive and well when I return", Draknir said and bit his lip as he realised his normal sarcastic attitude wouldn't fit in the high society. He had spent his whole life at seas, not with the nobility.
Draknir thought if it would be wise to leave in this situation. "Where have my men gone? If you are not going to offer a helping hand, I could just leave and..." Draknir was disrupted by lord Morvai, whose sharp tone told that Draknir should not move an inch.

“Your men will be as safe as my sorceress will be. But to be sure I will just send two of my men along with her.” turning towards Danarh Morvai continue; “What do you think Danarh? Can I trust you and Dalakoi with Sariour’s safety?” Danarh laughed dryly. “I think we will manage.”
“Will that be all, Admiral Draknir?” said Kuron
Draknir felt a seize in deep of him. If the men would notice something of Naghlír, he would be doomed. "Yes, that's fine, mylord." Draknir bowed and turned to leave.

“If you be so kind to wait on the upperdeck while I go and get Dalakoi and Sariour. Then I will meet up with you in a few minutes.” Said Danarh as he escorted Draknir out. As Draknir stepped out of the council room, Danarh quickly followed and closed the doors behind him.
Before Draknir could do anything else Karan showed up and escorted Draknir along the deck all the while making a lightly conversation about his latest duels.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Good story, I like the interaction with the other charactors, you manage to keep them almost perfectly as them selves.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Draknir sat in the bow of the longboat, and hid his anxiety behind a mask of thoughtfulness. The intimidating stares of Danarh and Dalakoi didn’t help his feel at all. Draknir looked at his ship, the Palace that lay on the shoal like a huge black sand castle. It looked just as fragile, and propably it was, as it’s magic was disappeared. It wasn’t the same ship it had been. It was again a neglected fortress it had been before it had been enchanted to float on the sea. Draknir sighed and looked at Sariour.

The sorceress sat in the other end of the ship, glancing at the sea. She was beautiful, Draknir had to admit. He discarded his thoughts as he remembered his oath; he wouldn’t have a woman after Maldein’s death. His wife, Maldein, had died while birthing his only son, Derkan. After that, Draknir had scorned his son as if he had been responsible from her death. Dalakoi had obviously seen Draknir’s gaze pointing to the sorceress, but Draknir couldn’t see Dalakoi’s expression from behind the guard’s mask that was carved from a human skull. Danarh tapped the boat’s railing with his fingers, but didn’t show any expressions.

When the longboat arrived at the shore, the camp was overrun by chaos. Not anything with daemons and mutations involved, but it was caused by a rampaging giant. The giant shredded tents and crushed Draknir’s corsairs under it’s massive, warty feet. ”It just appeared from the forest and started to destroy the camp. We have tried to calm it down, but it is filled with rage”, one corsair reported breathing deeply. ”Damage report”, Draknir demanded. ”Food supply tent- destroyed. One crewmen tent, also destroyed. It also ate one of our Cold One knights and is now burping steel clumps.” Draknir turned to lord Morvai’s men, smiling widely. ”And this is a safe place for us, Admiral?” Danarh asked, his dry voice full of contempt. ”I presume you are moving to the Ark until this small problem is solved”, Draknir said, and gave a mark to the corsairs in the oars of the longboat.

While the longboat started to travel towards the Ark, draknir walked around the camp. Twenty corsairs tried to throw chains on the Giant, but they were thrown high in the air with only a small swing of the giant’s arm. Draknir stepped aside when one of his corsairs fell to the ground. ”Can’t you tame it? I have seen bigger bastards than that”, Draknir murmured to the unmoving body of the Corsair. ”Have you seen Naghlír?” Draknir asked from a corsair who crawled from a fallen tent. ”You mean the sorcerer? In the next tent, sir. I have to admit that I had to force myselt not to kill that pathetic coward, sir.” ”Yep, that’s Naghlír” Draknir said and walked towards the tent.

Naghlír sat in the corner of the tent, squeezing a huge spell book against his chest. He trembled and didn’t seem to notice Draknir until Admiral talked. ”You miserable wretch, are you an Elf or a Man? The others try to tame the big bugger that rampages around the camp, and you cower here? Sometimes I have to force myself not to kill you”, Draknir snarled. ”I ca-can’t h-help it… I just can’t… take over myself”, Naghlír said. ”Anyway, we have a little problem. Lord Morvai has sent his men to aid with the Ark, and if they see you,we are both doomed. But don’t worry, I have a plan. Just listen carefully…”

”You are going to dress me as WHAT?” Naghlír exclaimed. ”Female. You need to look like a sorceress, or they’ll execute you. And me”, Draknir said. ”I am definitely not going to… you know… wear a dress and that kind of thing… definite no”, Naglír said. ”Do you want to keep your head?” Draknir asked. Naghlír nodded. ”Have you heard of Dizaun Cadsane?” Draknir asked. ”Who?” ”A colleague of mine. The Lady-Admiral of the Ashen Fleet. And a colleague of yours, too”, Draknir told. ”How can she be both lady-admiral and a renegade sorcerer at the same time?” Naghlír wondered. Draknir sighed. ”Think about that. Now, If I can find a dress then…”
Last edited by Draknir on Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ha, giants causing trouble, if there is a better way of living up an evening I havent found it (maye squig raceing). And the bit about puting the sorcerer in a dress was funy. But I can't help but think that he should have known that any help he could get from this ark would be from the convents so surly he would have arranged some thing before hand, still good writing.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I have a Giant in my list, and I had to invent something why is it in my army.
Draknir couldn't arrange anything before the leaving to the trip, for he got Counsellor's message immediately when he stepped ashore from his Ark. The former sorceress he had aboard was killed during the last raid (she made a miscast and blew up)
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Here's the next part. Drainial, my main character is not a follower of Tzeentch, but the Cult has it's own part in my story...

No mask of bone nor gold could cover the expression that rose to Dalakoi’s face when Naghlír walked to Draknir’s cabin in the Ark. The sorcerer wore a long, black dress- Draknir told it had belonged to his wife and would torture Naghlír to death if he tore it- a wig made from dead corsair’s hair (Draknir made a quick shave-up to one that the Giant had smashed) and some stuffing in the front. Naghlír thought that this is never going to work, while keeping the disguise enchantment working.

Draknir smiled and showed none of the nervousness that stormed inside him like a maelstrom. Danarh stared at Naghlír, seemingly suspecting everything Draknir had feared. ”You sorceress seems very… charming”, Danarh said. He didn’t seem to express anything else, and Draknir wondered, why didn’t he already tear Naghlír’s wig and take up his blade. Instead, Danarh turned to Draknir, and his face was again emotionless. ”If you lead us to the Darkwell, we’ll see what we can do.” Dalakoi still glared at Naghlír, but didn’t say anything.

The corridor to the Well Chamber was no longer filled with ”odd, glowing mist” as the corsair had told, but all walls and floors had bee covered by glittering, purple dust. Danarh wrinkled his forehead and reached his finger at the wall, but quickly pulled his hand back as he saw the corpse of a rat on the floor. The rat was blackened to a formless clump, it’s bones half molten and fur scorched by the powers of Dhar. The Dark Elves’ boot soles hissed. ”The well chamber is over there”, Draknir said and escorted Sariour and Naghlír towards the door. ”What’s the sorceress’s name?” Dalakoi asked and lifted his black robes from the floor to avoid them being burned. ”Naghlíra”, Draknir answered quickly.

”If you stay here and watch after your sorceress, I’ll get back to my camp to check the situation”, Draknir said and rushed to the dock. At least he would be far when Morvai’s men would notice the betrayal. Oddily they didn’t show any thing towards noticing the disguise, but maybe Naghlír’s enchantment did work better than Draknir had thought. On the shore, the crew had managed to capture the giant that was now tied between two huge oaks. ”Call the beastmasters to lash this thing a bit. I want it to be added to my troops”, Draknir commanded to one of his captains. ”In the case you find a lash big enough.”

Draknir walked to a tent that had stayed in one piece, in which the corsairs had moved Draknir’s stuff from the Ark. Draknir looked at the messy table full of charts and letters and sneered. He would never manage to keep his things in order. He brushed the papers aside and sat to the table, his mind full of thoughts. Suddenly, he wrinkled his forehead as he realised what he had just seen. He threw a couple of his crumpled charts aside and looked at the papers revealed from under the paper trash. The messages to the Witch King! He hadn’t returned the information Adamer stole! Draknir collapsed to his chair, staring at the papers. That was just the thing he needed. More trouble. It was only a matter of time when Draknir would be outlawed by Malekith.

Meanwhile, beyond the sea, in the bleak land of Naggaroth, Counsellor Mordainn Tharkyn sat in his dark office, smiling affectedly. His plan was going just as he had thought. While Admiral Draknir sought for the crown in the Old World, Tharkyn would have much more time to do his own mission. The information admiral had taken from his asur prisoner wouldn’t get to Malekith’s sight until admiral’s return. Malekith. Wrong king of a righteous nation. Counsellor Tharkyn pressed the silvery seal of his house, featuring a swooping raven, to a letter to be sent to his true master.

The Master of Change.
Last edited by Draknir on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

HE HE HE, dressing up as a woman, that is a funny story. And its good to see some one worshiping the one ussful god.

Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Very nice story. I can just picture Naghlir in that dress. I would have laughed my ass of if I had been there. :lol:
I also like to compliment on how you take care of my characters. You manage to keep them as themselves perfectly.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Morvai wrote:Very nice story. I can just picture Naghlir in that dress. I would have laughed my ass of if I had been there. :lol:
I also like to compliment on how you take care of my characters. You manage to keep them as themselves perfectly.

So would I... Thanks. Drainial, will you mind if I say that the Counsellor is somehow linked to your character? As Tharkyn is a courier, infiltrated deeply in the court, I thought the letter would be sent to Har Atha...