my fluff for NC

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

my fluff for NC

Post by Flameseeker574 »

ok this is my first fluff ive written up. I plan to go along with fingol23 in his claiming of Tor tana ans ill add some stuff in his post later which will take place after the first story

so some pre-fluff for my first character,malice is that he one of the corsair lords of Clar Karond(i misspelled it a few times in the fluff,please don't kill me lol)And that he has recently fallen out of Maliketh's favor for whatever reason.(probably for letting Lithad live)
so without further ado here is Malice's story and the fluff for another one of my characters, Lithad is after it.

Malice Stormblade was once a loyal follower of Malikeith and was one of the three lords of Clar Karond. He had a great army of over 5000 elves and many beasts form karond kar. On one fateful day the Witch-king himself summoned Malice have a audience with him about the future of his army, the Stormreavers. Malikeith said that he had a task for Malice and that if he completed it he would be reward handsomely but if he failed he would become sheaphorens next meal. He said that Malice was to leave on his fleet along with two other lords and launch an attack on the high elf cost with malice’s corsairs raiding the coast while the two other lords Dinn and Drakerith where to launch a land assault on a small high elf city. He then proceeded to say that if all went well this would be the spearhead to an invasion of Uluthan.

Two weeks later Malice’s fleet of 20 ships was ready to set sail and commence in its raiding and pillaging of the Uluthan coast. His flagship the Night Reaper was fully stocked with all the need supplies when his second in command, Rainth Deathsword walked uneasily on the deck when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, it was a large dark shape with wings and it was flying straight towards the ship, he spun around and looked at the beast head on, it was a manticore. But something was different about this one, first off it was larger and stocker then the other ones he had seen growing up in karond kar, and it had what looked like armor on it. The manticore alighted on the ship and with a swift leap Malice jumped to the ground, standing just in front of a shocked Rainth. Malice quickly explained that he bought it for the voyage and that he needed a new pet. Then with a quick order to a nearby beastmaster told him to take it to the hold and feed it, the beastmaster quickly grabbed the manticore’s chain and lead it into the hold of the ship through to massive doors. Malice then asked if everything was ready for the trip and Rainth replied “yes I checked it all personally my lord.” Malice smiled and walked away towards his quarters.
After the long voyage to Uluthan was complete Malice sat in his chamber sharpening his swords and waiting for midnight when their first attack would be launched. He sat their nervous, his heart beating rapidly, his muscles tense. These feeling were not new to him for he had been on many raids similar to this one, the only difference this time was that failure meant death. There was a knock on the door and Rainth entered striding purposefully and quickly. “Now is the time to strike my lord.” He said and then with a curt bow turned around and left just the way he came. Malice looked up to see him leave and smiled, a wicked grin on his face as he stood up and sheathed his swords and donned his helmet.

It was a cold night in the village of Tornabth and only a few of its 100 inhabitants where awake. A young high elf was walking the streets of his village deep in thought, too aborsbed in his thinking to hear as Malice’s corsairs surrounded the village. The high elf heard a faint click and spun around to see a hail of bolts catch him in the chest. With a quiet grunt he hit the ground dead as the stormreavers ran through the streets killing the sleeping elves one by one. The few unfortunate ones that woke up were either quickly dispatched by a merciless corsair, or beaten and enslaved. Within 20 minutes the village of Tronabth was silent and for the next hour Malice’s crew hauled the slaves and other loot out of the village and onto one of the many boats in his fleet. Within an hour and a half Malice’s fleet had disappeared into the night mist as quickly as they had appeared, this village would be the example and soon many others would suffer the same fate.

After several weeks of raiding most of Uluthan’s eastern coast was ablaze, so far the Witch-king’s plan was working perfectly ,the pitiful High Elves had directed most of their forces to Saphrey and had patrols of shadow warriors and Silver helms were protecting the few remaining villages. Meanwhile Malice and the other lords had sailed around Uluthan’s northern coast and were sailing along the east coast. Now was the time to strike, and with the small city of Telechahn in their sights the three lords were about to converge and spearhead another invasion.

It was the day of the attack, a day that Malice would always remember. It was a clear and crisp mourning as the arks of the three dark lords and the other smaller ships quietly sailed into a cove near the city. Within 2 hours all of the dark elves and monsters were in formation and ready to attack Telechahn.

As the sun set thousands of corsairs marched over a small hill, and down a road leading to Telechahn. The corsairs were just a mile away when the city guards spotted them and raised the alarm. However it was too late and soon the Dark elves were inside the city and already pillaging and looting, but as fate would have it midway through the destruction of Telechahn Dinn and Drakerith’s forces turned and started attacking the stormreavers. Malice immediately recognized the betrayal for what it was, and told his corsairs to run back to the black ark and prepare to set sail. Fueled by his anger Malice flew on his Manticore to the nearby hill where the other lords were commanding their forces via magical means provided by the sorceress that accompanied them. Malice landed and jumped off his manticore enraged and bloodthirsty. With a feral roar he unsheathed his blades and attacked Dinn, who barely managed to hold him off. Then Malice launched himself into a series of complex maneuvers and feints, all the while Dinn was losing ground and slowly being backed into a corner. Then as Malice came in with a horizontal slash, Dinn leapt backwards onto the side of the tent and fell over as Malice plunged his other sword downwards into Dinn’s heart. Malice stood up victorious to see that the other lord had simply run away on a nearby darksteed and was halfway to the city gate.

Malice returned to his ark after looking through many papers at the camp and discovering that Malikeith himself had planned the betrayal saying that Malice had become too powerful and had too much influence. With a fraction of his army on board the ark and 3 smaller ships he set sail for the old world hoping to find a purpose there, a challenge worthy of his skills.

ok and here is the Fluff for Lithad it ends right before Malice's begins

Lithads father was the captain of a band of corsairs that raided the coast of uluthan.On one fateful raid his father was slain and him and his family washed up onshore and were taken captive by the swordmasters. His family was killed but lithad was not for he was but a new born and the swordmasters could not kill him, so defenseless was he. They raised him as one of their own and his skill soon became apparent, he could best almost anyone in a duel and was a brilliant tactician on the battlefield. On his 100th birthday he was gifted with the millennium blade, a mighty sword that could cleave through even the finest armor. When Eltharion chose to invade Narrgoth lithad was the obvious choice to help lead the detachment the swordmasters that were to accompany him. the invasion was a huge moment in the history of the high elves for it was the first time anyone had dared invade the Witch-king’s kingdom, but alas the invasion was doomed to defeat and when the battle was lost Eltharion had to retreat but he needed someone to cover his retreat, someone who was brave enough to sacrifice himself to save many. Lithad volunteered along with some of the bravest swordmasters to hold the Dark elves at bay while Eltharion made his escape. However Eltharion vowed to return and help Lithad escape after he had gotten the rest of the army to safety. This never happened though because of the speed of which the Dark elf fleet responded Eltharion never had a chance to return. Although lithad fought bravely his men where cut down one by one until it was only him fighting off a tide of Dark Elves.after and hour of intense combat a dark elf highborn finaly brought him to his knees, and was about to deliver the final blow when he thought he recognized lithad, and asked him what his name was, the swordmaster replied “lithad” and the highborn explained all the while keeping one of his blades on lithad’s neck. He told Lithad that he once had a friend who toke his family on a raid with him and that his friend was killed on the raid and when he took his fleet to investigate he found only wreckage and bodies,but no trace of his family. Intrigued Lithad asked when this happened,the highborn responded over a century ago. Lithad stood there in awe shocked that he had just discovered his true heritage. Lithad was so over whelmed that he collapsed into the mud. After the highborn realized that Lithad was no threat he gave him his hand and pulled him up, saying “I’m Malice.” After a few years of acceptance Lithad rose up in the ranks of the dreaded executioners, eventually becoming high executioner under Turallis. With his extraordinary skill he learned how to masterfully take down an opponent with one blow, and how to evade attacks in his new chain armor that Malice had given him. Although Lithad was content in Narrogth when Malice told him that he would be raiding Ulthuan he could not resist the chance of taking his revenge on the swordmasters and on Eltharion for leaving him behind and betraying him, and so he left with Malice to Ulthuan.

Im sorry for any grammer/spelling errors

I will also add the fluff for another one of my characters (rainth) later when i start writing it.

hope you guys liked it
~flameseeker
Last edited by Flameseeker574 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step 1: Find a High Elf
Step 2: Find a preferably sharp object
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 3 Pieces!

my characters
rules
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=609716#609716
fluff
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50387
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I look forward to reading more
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I would hazard a guess that you had this paragraphed by indentations, that doesn't work here so just a bit of advice, put in paragraphs it just makes it more enjoyable to read.

On another note 100 seems a bit young for him to be given a magical blade and to be invading Naggaroth, shadowblade is 150 and is about the elvin equivilant of an 18 year old. You also could try to be a bit more descriptive as the narative style strugles to captivate the reader, still its your story.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

edited, and ill try and work on my writing :D sadly ive already written my next part but the one after that ill add more detail, and as the the lithad being 100 years old, he was one of the top swordmasters at the time the others felt like he was worthy i guess

my characters
rules
fluff
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Driven. He might have had a rather unusural drive to suceed.
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

ahhh that was the word i was looking for as for my next part where should i post it in the UK thread or here or at some other place?

my characters
rules
fluff
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Here'll be best.
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

ok here is part 2 i dont really know why i wrote it because it does nothing to further the storyline but i was bored. like i stated above this is kinda bland but ill try and add suggestions in my next piece

It was a rainy day in the great forest of the Empire, and Malice was looking glum on the bridge of his black ark, the Night reaper. Malice was thinking about his betrayal which had happened only a month ago, he was wondering why the Witch-king would try to kill him. He shook his head knowing that dwelling on the past was a fruitless venture, and that he should be concentrating on the task at hand and that was to find and possibly join this so called “rebel council.” For the last week he had been sailing on the rivers that ran through the forest and sending out his shades and dark riders to find the camp of rakeith leader of the council. So far however the search had been fruitless and now they were deep in the heart of the empire with no allies, not the best place one could be. It appeared that the only good thing that was happing to Malice and his fleet was that they had captured many slaves in the raids that he had lead against the many villages of the old world. The main issue was the lack of things for Malice and his men to do on the ark, so being and inventive captain Malice decided that he would have a contest. This contest would be one of the hunt, and each unit of his men would pick one among them that was skilled at hunting, then these elves would go into the forest and try and kill any type of game and bring it back to the ark by dusk. The winner would recive a promotion for himself and his unit. This game would accomplish two things first it would eliminate the boredom that currently occupied the ship and secondly it would help to replenish the kitchens of the ships, which were currently running low.

It was at midday when the hunting party finally disembarked, the hunters immediately fanning out and disappearing into the forest. Malice hung back and waited for a few minutes before dashing into the forest himself. After several hours of hunting Malice had found no game and was disappointed by his lack of luck. Malice was strolling through some deep brush when the distinctive *clip-clop* of hooves, immediately on guard he dropped to a knee and started moving towards the noise. He pushed aside a small bush and had a view of a dirt road winding its way through the forest, up the road a ways was a woman in full plate armor riding a horse and a man in a dark green cloak. The women was obviously a knight of some sort judging by her armor, but the man next to her was very different and had an intangible aura of mystique emanating from him, other than that he was a very unremarkable person with black hair and blue eyes. Malice quickly accessed the situation, weighing the option of jumping out of the brush in which he was concealed and attacking them and stealing whatever valuables they had on them or just leaving them alone. He chose the latter and silently disappeared into the forest.

It was dusk and Malice returned to the ark with a doe slung over his shoulder, and a grin on his face, that was until he saw that many of his men had caught a similar prize. A few of the lucky ones had even caught a large stag, but the last to return was Lithad, dragging a large bear behind him. Lithad walked to Malice with a childish grin on his face, and said “so, Malice what do you have there? A doe,a decent catch of course its but a rabbit compared to my bear.” Malice laughed along with the rest of his men, and then told Lithad that he would have to assist the beastmasters in the cleaning of the stables as a punishment for his comment. Lithad stood there dumbstruck as the rest of the corsairs laughed. Malice walked away chuckling to himself, he really enjoyed having Lithad around for he was a funny elf and gave good advice, not to mention he was a great asset on the battlefield. As he boarded his ark he thought he saw a group of campfires off in the distance, and he wondered if it was the camp of Rackeith. He quickly dismissed the thought, shaking his head silently; he had more important matters at hand like how he was going to get his spies back into Narrggoth. Little did he know that the next day Rainth and his dark riders would return from their scouting mission with good news, news that would change the lives of Malice and his men forever.

ok now that that is done im set up to meet with Rackeith and the others, but i dont know when i should do it/post it any so if one of you guys could tell me more or less when i should post with the next part that would be great.

my characters
rules
fluff
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

write, and post it when you like, but fluff wise, have it be the next day after everyone else arrived. That way, it flows better in the compilation. Just have Rackeith, when you see him, make a reference to the other generals.
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

ok ill write it in the next few days.

my characters
rules
fluff
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Better and more enjoyable to read but I have one point I would like to make.

flameseeker574 wrote: It was a rainy day in the great forest of the Empire, and Malice was looking glum on the bridge of his black ark

This sounds like the begining of a 5 year olds story, its basicly like ending with "And they all lived happily ever after,"
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

lol

my characters
rules