Weathering Winds: A Nemesis Crown Video

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sirist
Black Guard

Weathering Winds: A Nemesis Crown Video

Post by Sirist »

I made this due to the fact I'm working on other things besides the Dizaun/Disuan fluff for the NC (such as the Asrai.org preface, ISC fluff, and the HotW fluff). I also enjoyed making something that showed physical representations of my characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgffsNYjT-g

I hope you enjoy it. Parts of it look a little weird because of how I had to record most of the clips. :oops: Feedback/questions/responses of all kinds are most welcome.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

I don't know why, but I can not see it. And when I try to download it with youtube-dl, it reports error with possible cause that the video no longer exists.
Neves
Black Guard

Post by Neves »

Nice movie! Everything was nicely blended and it ran quite smoothly without becoming boring!
On my signal...unleash Hell.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well it was certainly a strange begining, but overall it was a very good trailer. Plus I hope it meas your writing more which can only be a good thing.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Was the Empire Border from Sleepy Hollow, i can't remember the name but was it the one with the headless horsemen guy? And was the fleet coming to search for Dizaun from "Troy"? Great movie either way, nice bit with the heads dropping to the floor and the eyes staring down.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Malekith's psychologist
Beastmaster
Location: can't u feel my breath on the back of ur neck?maybe the cold steel on ur throat gives u a clue

Post by Malekith's psychologist »

Nice video, the only thing i'd change is the music, it gets too repetitive, after a while i had to watch it turning the volume down.

Apart from that very good editing
DiscipleOfKhaine said:
Im not saying that makes them unworthy of a model, Im just saying...that Malekith is the greatest elven king in the history of the world and I will never concede otherwise.
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

I like it, but i disliked the troy and the gunpowder scenes
Andreas
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I have to agree that the bits with canons and the attack on port royal weren't realy all that Druchii like, the troy bits seemed to fit though.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I think it is a good job and you put some hard work in that. Still... I found the movie a bit long for the story. The scenes were well selected, though the cannons were a bit over the top. Also I would have made the movie shorter and put more variety in the music.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

The clips were very well chosen, now I'm curious as to who those new faces are.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

Thank you all for the feedback. I agree, the music is very repetitive, but the program I used (Windows Movie Maker) makes music editing a real chore. I'll see what I can do, though.

The cannons might seem over the top, but it's all part of Dizaun getting desperate. He can't get reinforcements from Naggaroth, as he's in self-imposed exile (and the Witch King is certainly not going to give him any after Dizaun essentially spat in his face), so he has to "purchase" mercenaries. Ogres, Orcs, Chaos Dwarf cannons and Skaven monsters all get bought up by Dizaun not only in 'Weathering Winds', but also in 'Sea of Shadows', and in the yet-to-be-announced final book of the trilogy.

As for the new faces, I only revealed two: Voyage -- whom is a central character in 'House of Twilight: Jesamine Cadsane' on A.org -- and Raviel Von Hault, whom I discussed briefly in the current background on Dizaun in the Nemesis Crown character thread. There is another character, belonging to LordAnubis, that will show up, but I didn't feel right putting her in the video because I have no rights to her, and I did not ask permission. All I can say about her is that she percieves the Cadsane line as a liability, and knows the dark secret of their lineage -- something briefly mentioned in the video.

And there may still be spots open for other Druchii generals wishing to make cameos, as well as generals of other races (O&G, in particular, as well as WE). PM me if you're interested; I would prefer users from the Talabecland Borders (USA).