Hello everyone! I'm DB.

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

DevilsBackbone7
Slave on the Altar

Hello everyone! I'm DB.

Post by DevilsBackbone7 »

Morning one and all.

I'm Dan. I'm 29 years old from Derbyshire UK. I'm a new fantasy player starting up this month when I joined a gaming club in my local town after a friend roped me in. I used to play Magic the Gathering before this. I've always liked models, but I have a young family, so having sharp tools, models and glues around always made me a little skeptical.

However, my boys are now growing up fast, and don't really bother with my stuff, unless it's Transformer or SpongeBob based. So I decided to get into this game in the new year. Now it took me a long time to decide on an army, and I was torn between High Elves, Wood Elves and of course Dark Elves. I've always liked Elves in fantasy lore, like Tolkien and I thought I might aswell give them a try.

I decided after two weeks of umming and arring, to go with Dark Elves and here I am. I bought myself the armybook, and I have the Battle Magic cards also.

I have a copy of the Khaine End times book on its way as well. Must say that I do like the Malekith End times variant, but I don't like the model too much. I hope they remodel him as it seemed to be a wasted opportunity, when they seem to have redone, or at least worked new models on the other end times releases. I'm guessing, although I don't really know what I'm on about, that he is a model to come at the very end perhaps.

Anyways, I'm here to learn from all of you and hopefully become a great future Dark Elves player. I'll post up some lists and hopefully some photos of my army as I build it up. I am doing a slow grow with a couple of others, starting next month, starting at 1200, then 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400 and finally 2600 for a big tourney at the end of the year.

I can ramble for England, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for reading,

DB.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Hello everyone! I'm DB.

Post by Amboadine »

A good ramble. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your progression.
TheSupremePatriarch
Executioner

Post by TheSupremePatriarch »

Hai :)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Hi Dan.

In life, we're often confronted with choices where no path is 100% right, and no path is 100% wrong. Such choices are difficult, and always leave us wondering "what if". By choosing Dark Elves, however, rest assured that you did the right thing. It really is 100% the right choice and the other choices are 100% wrong.

So welcome and congratulations on making your first, important and absolutely correct tactical choice. Good luck with the first steps of your army! May the brushes be ever in your frevor.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

DevilsBackbone7 wrote:

I decided after two weeks of umming and arring, to go with Dark Elves and here I am.

The best of all choices :D

Enjoy the forum. It's a great resource.

Check out the DRAICH in particular ;)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Yep Dark Elves have it all from a coolness standpoint. Ninjas (assassins), pirates (corsairs), half naked hot elf chicks (witches and sorceresses), dinosaur-riding cavalry, lots of fun monsters, chariots, warlocks, executioners. What's not to love?

The models are great, they play well with interesting tactics, there are lots of viable army lists that can play well and still be different. So welcome to the group. :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
DevilsBackbone7
Slave on the Altar

Post by DevilsBackbone7 »

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I really appreciate it.

I'll post up my first list next day or so. Cant wait to get these built and kick someone's face in. Haha.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Might be worth hesitating a little before plowing too much time and money into starting the hobby fresh right now - with 9th edition impending, with lots of potential game transforming changes rumoured, the last thing you would want to do would be to spend tons of money and hundreds of hours of time painting up an army that then gets trashed and abandoned by the manufacturer in a few months. Get what you need for now, but don't go overboard - waiting to see what happens next could be a wise choice.

I'm loathe to discourage new players from the hobby, but I can't think of a bigger turn off in the longer term than buying huge amounts of models and spending vast amount of painting time, only to be screwed by GW...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman