Hello guys - I'm Baaaaack!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Hello guys - I'm Baaaaack!

Post by Darkprincess »

Hi guys.

Well, it's been absolutely ages since I logged in here so I thought it was about time I paid you all a visit and find out who, if anyone, of the members I used to know are still here after all this time. I don't really play Warhammer any more (to be honest it all got a bit too expensive, as well as real life stuff getting in the way) but I still have the interest in the hobby (I guess that will never go away)

I still have my old Druchii Cult of Pleasure army, with my alter-ego Lonicera at the head of it, so the possibility exists that I may yet play again one day but hardly anyone I know plays round here these days but you never know.

Trying to remember when I last logged in here - One thing's for sure - Warhammer 7th Edition was the current iteration, so it's been a good few years.

Anyway, it's nice to be back here, and it'll be interesting to see is anyone I know from the good old days is still around.

Nice to see the evil smileys are still a thing here :twisted:

Oh yeah and the flogging a dead horse one - that always gave me a giggle :badh:
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Hello guys - I'm Baaaaack!

Post by Amboadine »

Hello. Think you were possibly absent by the time I joined, but welcome back. :)
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Well there's a familiar face! Greetings! Welcome back! Have a seat!
Druchii.net is a bit quieter nowadays, sadly. But there is still a core from the old crew coming back for regular visits.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome back, Darkprincess.
I could remember you but couldn't remember from when.
Checking your former posts, it was from 2010... that old.

Yeah, lots of things have changed since that time,
the most striking being GW abandoning WH8th, replaced with Age of Sigmar, and the ETC community refusing that and creating 9th ed.
Unfortunately, the uncertainties created in the process have turned lots of people away.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

It seems that I've been away for far too long, but as long-time members will know, I've always been a bit of a rebel so I say that if GW don't give us the stuff we want, then the community will do it for them. Such is the way of the world I guess.

I think I have a LOT of catching up to do though - the last time I actually played WFB it was 7th edition but I was never fully happy with that so our local group just cherry-picked the best aspects of 6th and 7th and just used that. For us, the fluff was always much more important than the actual rules anyway, but I realise that most people play for the competitive spirit and the desire to win, which is fair enough, and I can fully understand how some people would be turned off by uncertainty.

I guess GW finally decided that WFB just doesn't make enough money compared with WH40K (and to be fair, it must cost an absolute fortune for them to keep maintaining such a vast game system, with all the publications as well as the constant reworking of the miniature range).

Very sad though, but as long as the fluff stays alive, I guess some of us will stall want to play.

I haven't been into a GW store for ages though - my local one is in Cardiff (and that's around 15 miles from here) and the last time I was in there it was full of obnoxious spotty-faced kids, and I always used to get funny looks off them (not that it bothered me) when I went in there.

They probably thought I was somebody's mum LOL :)

I think it's great though that the community is developing a 9th edition, but I can't help wondering what GW make of this. Going back a few years they used to get all stroppy and letigious with people who wanted to fork the rules. I'll be watching this with interest though...
The Dark Princess

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Rules for the 9th Age are here: http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php? ... dcb74affbb
They just changed to v 0.10.0
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Shadowspite
Bronze Khaine Winner

Post by Shadowspite »

Slowly, surely, with velvet tread and whispered sighs, the Cult returns...

A chalice filled with the sweet, dark wine of Aluqah for the Dark Princess. And a bouquet of fragrant honeysuckle for Lonicera.
"Sometimes, Brother... I dream that I am sane." - Uros the Faceless

Some of my minis - now on Imgur rather than Photosuckit.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

And so it was that the Old Guard returned and reformed...

I think I'm probably going to be more 9th Age than AoS, but whatever brings us back together has to be a good thing.

<<Joyfully accepts Shadowspite's generous gifts>>

You guys are what made this place special when I first joined 12 years ago (yikes! - was it really that long?)

It's great to be back!

:)
The Dark Princess

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Nice to see an old member return.

It would be great to see some of your army in Painting and Modelling when you get time to post!