Dark mother?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Dark mother?

Post by Lordsaradain »

I've recently read the to Malus darkblade novels(The deomns curse and Bloodstorm, which were great btw).

On numerous occasions Malus offers his prayers to 'the dark mother'. Who is she? The only one I could think of is Morathi but why would the druchii pray to her? She is a powerful figure but she is not divine. Who is this dark mother?
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

You know, I've always wondered that as well. I've read that in other places besides the Malus Darkblade books, too. Hopefully we'll get an answer.
Khaelakh
Executioner

Post by Khaelakh »

theres benn several threads on this, infact i started one of them not so long ago and got the awnser

Then link to it.
- A.
"He drew Khaine's burning blade and showed it to the milling herd. Then he showed them what it could do."

"Finally! A man worth killing."
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Khaelakh, if there is another thread on this and it has the answer, please link to that thread so this one can be closed.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Off the top of my head, it might be one of Khaine's aspects, but I don't think that Malus is the type of person who would be found praying to Slaanesh. Still, I can't remember for sure, so don't quote me on that.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

The topic is here, but that doesn't totally answer the question, just gives some suggestions. Still, it looks like it's either some form of Slaanesh, but more likely an aspect of Khaine or Morai-Heg, the Elven Godess of death and dark.

To me, I think it's probably an aspect, or some form of Khaine. Could be Morathi as well, considering she's the Witch King's mother, but I would say something Khainate (and at this time Morathi counts as loyal) as opposed to Slaaneshi.

Then again, this is just in my opinion, but to me an aspect of Khaine or Morathi herself seems most likely.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

A looong time ago I came upon a DE fan website that expanded upon the DE pantheon. The interesting thing about these additional gods were that they were mainly DE aspects of the 4 Chaos Powers. One was a twisted version of Isha named 'Halakna' . Halakna was Slaanesh in the guise of a fertility goddess. She was called both the 'B_tch Queen' and the 'Dark Mother'. Because of the low birthrate of elves, DE would often pay homage to her. The website went into extensive detail about what rituals/beliefs were involved. One central pillar of her faith was a truly disfunctional concept of 'family'. For example bonds between siblings/half-siblings were 'strengthened' through incest :shock: ...sounds awfully familiar :? . There's Yasmir and Bruglir for one...
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

I was always of the believe that the dark mother revered to Morai-Heg. If I’m correct there is even proof of this on criticalhit.
I will search for it and post a link when I find it.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1