Mermaids

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

mejia the merciless wrote:Indigo is a light purple colour (color) part of the rainbow spectrum of light [red orange yellow green aqua blue indigo violet. hte one thing i carry from school. Mere-maids scare me they cause plenty of trouble for lonely saliors but not as much destruction as a Kracken

Er... your point being? :?
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Yes so Dechala was so changed because she is halfdeamon or something?
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Sezax wrote:Yes so Dechala was so changed because she is halfdeamon or something?
No, she's closer to half spawn than daemon. She is a Slaanesh champion who has received a lot of Gifts, the gift of Daemonhood has been held back until she can oast Samael as Slaanesh's second.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

I still dont understand what does it explain about birth of harpies and mermaids. :cry:
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

It doesn't per se. It just proves that Elves aren't immune to mutations, however they're extremely resistant.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

But its nearly impossible, that the elven womans can mutate into harpies or mermaids, is it not?
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Well, obviously it's possible, since it's happened...

My guess would be that they drank some warpstone-tainted water or just ingested warpstone. That would overcome even a Dwarf's resistance to mutation.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

Over time, if a chaos god wished a elven woman could be turned into something resembling a harpy, but its unlikely that this would happen enough times to create a species or that the end result would still be an elf or capable of breeding to produce more harpies.
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Maybe that harpies and mere-witches were born by simlilar way like Ariel or Orion. I have many romantic ideas how it could be. Like: Elven maiden was captured by enemies and she was hold like slave. She was calling gods for help. They gave her chance to escape and she was changed into the mermaid, so she cloud escape. or something like this
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Warhammer world doesn't work quite that way.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I have many romantic ideas how it could be.

Kill 'em now. WHFB is dark and gothic, not prissy Renaissance-era French Romance high-style fantasy.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Thevilone
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Thevilone »

I always thought that Harpies were a different species to the elves.
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Yes harpies are another race, but they look almost like elves so they must be part of family tree by some way. I think that GW does work exactly by this way. Story about Dechala and Deamon prince is very romantic. Ulrika and Felix. Aenerion, Yvraine and Morathi. Warhammer is most about battles, but you can always found there beautifull womens ( Lahmia, witch elves, sorceresses, damsels, dryads, deamonettes, Khalida...)
Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

The original Little Mermaid fairy tale might fit a bit better into warhammer than modern toned down stories. Girl falls in love with someone she can't have, makes a wish and has it granted but suffers unbearable pain trying to make her dreams work, gives up and commits suicide.

Ahh, the romance...
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

I don't see how seducing an elf princess and then making the boss turn her into a spawn is romantic, but that's me.

Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

Sea creatures descended from evil elves are hardly a new idea:

During the War of the Ancients, the Highborne, led by Queen Azshara, called forth the forces of the Burning Legion. When the Well of Eternity imploded, some of the Highborne survived, but many went down with the land. The magic contained in the well allowed the latter beings to survive, however, and they were transformed into sea creatures known as the Naga.

Merwitches most likely came about during the Sundering when the sorcerous torrent that was unleashed sunk a good bit of Ulthuan. IMO the excess of chaotic energy combined with a desperate attempt to escape death ultimately gave rise to a mutant sea-dwelling offshoot of the Druchii. Now as far as Harpies are concerned, theories abound. It is clear that there are 2 types of Harpies, the common feathered Harpy with human/raptor features and the DE bat winged Harpy. Maybe they are only similar in appearance, though it was speculated that DE Harpies might be the result of a ghastly magical experiment which included breeding regular Harpies to unfortunate HE captives. It is a fact that creatures with chaotic taint are crossfertile with other species that would normally be incompatible. It also sounds like something a sufficiently twisted Beastmaster would dabble in...
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

I was now reading story of azshara from warcraft. Ramay has very ineteresting idea. :D This wolud be very nice explaining of mermaids. About harpies it is really very strange, because in beastmens have also harpies. :roll:
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Any of you ever heard of a little thing called evolution. They could just be a natural race that arnt often heard of due to them living in the sea (Possibly in Chupayotal) after all humans share 98% if their DNA with Chimps and we look difernt and are much smater. Why not in Warhammer?
Oh and taken stright from the rule book "Finally, the Old Ones created the Halflings and the Ogres just before their fall; two somewhat desperate last-ditch attempts to create a magicly-reistant race. Halflings were phisically and mentally reistant to magic but at the expensi of being inbred, stunted and, to be quite frank, preety vulger" So theirs the Halflings defects inbred, stunted and vulger. (Along with weapon skill and strength two.)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

Not enough time for it to occur since the old ones left, that combined with the whole mermaid thing and a fantasy world I think we can pretty much rule out the fact that they were a natural product of evolution in the warhammer world
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Evolution nearly doesnt exist in warhammer. There are Old ones ( the creators ) and corruption of chaos. Have you ever seen models for beastmens harpies?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The warhammer world is saturated in magic every were. That could speed up evolution. Besides the old ones didnt create all of the species, just the sentiant ones and not all of them ( One thing that bugs me about the Old ones is that in 40K it says they created them to help fight the necrons and in fantisy they have no part in their plans, cant GW make their minds up?) Evulution must still hapen. Or if you want a simple answer, a wizerd did it.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

Drainial Shadowhart wrote:The warhammer world is saturated in magic every were. That could speed up evolution. Besides the old ones didnt create all of the species, just the sentiant ones and not all of them ( One thing that bugs me about the Old ones is that in 40K it says they created them to help fight the necrons and in fantisy they have no part in their plans, cant GW make their minds up?) Evulution must still hapen. Or if you want a simple answer, a wizerd did it.
The Old Ones in fantasy and 40K are very different, the whole War in Heaven thing is purely a 40K thing. Additionally the Old Ones of 40K were a mix of several species, whilst warhammer's were just one.

The name Old One is the same in both for two reasons, partly because in the dim and distant past when the two universes were the same there were references to the Old Ones (though at that time it was the Old Slann) and secondly it makes more sense for a dim and distant race which existed eons ago to have a vague name like 'Ancients' or 'Old Ones' as its very unlikely any of the younger races would really know what they called themselves
Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

Well, in the lizardmen army book, there's a city on the southern coast of Lustrian that sank (during the war with skaven, i think). Later there were sitings of mere-people inhabiting the city made by sailors. So mere-people are canon!

(So are Pigmies) :shock:
meh...
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Well, in the lizardmen army book, there's a city on the southern coast of Lustrian that sank (during the war with skaven, i think). Later there were sitings of mere-people inhabiting the city made by sailors. So mere-people are canon!

No, those are Lizardmen who've adapted to living in a sunken city.

Thisisntnotjt
Cold One Knight

Post by Thisisntnotjt »

oh... alrighty!
meh...