Short Stories

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Which story should I chose for my theme.

Poll ended at Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Story 1
67%
Story 2
33%

Total votes: 6

Elfwad1
Trainee Warrior

Short Stories

Post by Elfwad1 »

I am starting a new druchii army and want to provide a short story to include a little bit of background into my battles. So here the two stories I would like feedback on. They are in the perspective of an empire survivor to a dark elf raid.

The first sight came early in the morning. The black mast came over the horizon just before a cold mist sank down upon the village. We speedily assembled the warriors ready to repel the fast approaching ship, but we were not fast enough. The Druchii fleet landed upon the quayside, its crew disembarking faster than the locals could react before coming down upon using a gruesome image of death. Ranks of spearmen screamed out calls of hatred and slavers drew wicked barbed swords before bringing fast death to our villagers, few escaped as the swift riders slaughted any that left the village. Only I survived my lord. But be assured this terror will move swiftly.
Maximillion Von Cartier

OR :?:

They fell upon is faster than the eye could see, rising out of the mist. The first sign of attack was the clouds of bolts that fell ammongst the villagers. Then came the riders, running down anyone that fled using their agility and speed. Then the warriors appeared, ranks of spear armed warriors supported by cloaked slavers from the west. Soon after the dreaded Executioners of Har Ganeth arrived. Beautifull elf-beasts with leathery wings came down upon the villagers, forcing the villagers to surrender to save their own lives. The slavers bought out the shakles bringing terror amongst the locals.
With the slaves loaded onto the ship the dark elves disappeared as quickly as they arrived. be prepared lord, for terror runs quickly through this area.
Maximillion Von Castier
We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear!
Malekith
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I reckon story 2 would be kool to do, like write about a slaves life on a black ark or something like that.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

hmmm, well the grammer needs to be improved a little in the 2nd story, and perhaps some background adjustments (I very much harpies would accept surrender from a defenceless enemy - they're too bestial: theyd more than likely just tear them apart limb from limb and eat them!)

I chose the 1st - not many people actually write about the raid from a dark elf ship landing on a quayside: its more original...

-Beanz
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I prefer the writing style of the first story a lot more. Considering it is an Empire dude speaking, the first story approaches a more natural way of talking for an Empire man.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
The_everchosen
Beastmaster
Location: Trying to think of something witty to put in this box

Post by The_everchosen »

I think story 1 has more scope for expansion. The Lord etc. trying to fend off the druchii invasion and so on. I think the executioners from 2 could be involved in some of the batles for example, rather than just acting as slavers.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Winston Churchill
Shakra sharktooth
Warrior
Location: In a very high tower ready to throw a goblin over the edge

Post by Shakra sharktooth »

i also think story 1 would be best, because how would Maximillion know that there names was Har Ganeth executioners, come on hes a human!
My Foc. Fam. is a snotling from the NG Fanatics sprue. I kind of like the idea of the entire power of Chaos being pumped through a snotling.

When I press the Smilie button it says "Hacking Attempt". What should I do?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I think story one but with amendments, the chances of Druchii leaving only one person alive are not great, they would capture them not just cut them down where they stood. But I like story 1 more, its writing better and other than the killing thing its more plausable.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation