GtKYAaG: the comments thread

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Eldacar
Loremaster

GtKYAaG: the comments thread

Post by Eldacar »

Sorry to hijack your post, Eldacar, but...

On the one hand, you hijacked it... on the other, I get a stickied thread. Hmm. ~Eldacar

Right, people - still with the aim of turning the History forum into a user-friendly fluff debate/critique forum, I've gone and separated the comments from the actual "Getting to know..." thread. Please post all thorough discussions of posts made in the "Getting to know..." thread in here. The odd comment in the actual thread will be tolerated, but the bulk of the discussion should be done in here, so that people who don't wish to read our endless debates on fluff can be spaired.

Regards,
- A neutral shade of black., History of the Druchii forum moderator.

If you find any fluff errors go ahead and tell me

:twisted:

His true purpose, was to corrupt the forest spirits of Avelorn so that they would kill the Everqueen. It was a large task and he was not really up for it. But eventually he mustered a small army of raging Treemen, beasts, and other forest dwellers.

Short of bringing Morghur along, how would he be capable of corrupting the spirits of Avelorn? Remember, the network of Qhaysh running around the island does an excellent job of repelling the taint of Chaos.

That's about it, and he uses his intense bond with the planet to keep himself alive and youthfull similar to Orion and Ariel.

An intense bond with the earth? After he corrupted some parts of Avelorn? Or is he something like a Dark Emissary, in that his spells rip the energy from the land forcefully? Truthsayers draw upon Qhaysh through "channels" set up by the Old Ones (it's how they can use High Magic without getting their brains blasted), while Emissaries simply take what they want and force the energies they channel to have the effect that the Emissary is trying to achieve.

Although Orion and Ariel are actually avatars of Kurnous and Isha respectively, and even then, they aren't "alive and youthful". Orion dies at the end of every autumn to be reborn in the spring, while Ariel hibernates during the winter months of the year.

(Note: As an aside, I found some of the "general opinions" to be quite amusing. :lol: )
Last edited by Eldacar on Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

An intense bond with the earth? After he corrupted some parts of Avelorn? Or is he something like a Dark Emissary, in that his spells rip the energy from the land forcefully? Truthsayers draw upon Qhaysh through "channels" set up by the Old Ones (it's how they can use High Magic without getting their brains blasted), while Emissaries simply take what they want and force the energies they channel to have the effect that the Emissary is trying to achieve.

That was the original idea, but I decided just to change it to a magic item. That's easier.

Short of bringing Morghur along, how would he be capable of corrupting the spirits of Avelorn? Remember, the network of Qhaysh running around the island does an excellent job of repelling the taint of Chaos.

Well he did suck at it. He forcefully used his magic to corrupt the spirits the way you just described a dark emmisary would. He just wasn't strong enough to get the desired effect ie. a rampaging unstoppable force. All he got was a mob of angry treeman, a flock of evil raptors (and other assorted birds, and some angry bears. Some of the landscape was messed up as well, but as I said, the Everqueen took care of the problem easily and no permanent harm was done.

Although Orion and Ariel are actually avatars of Kurnous and Isha respectively, and even then, they aren't "alive and youthful". Orion dies at the end of every autumn to be reborn in the spring, while Ariel hibernates during the winter months of the year.

I was planning on having him be an avatar of Mathlann actually. But just giving him a flashy magic item is easier since I don't know enough about how all that stuff works.

(Note: As an aside, I found some of the "general opinions" to be quite amusing. :lol: )

I try 8)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

All he got was a mob of angry treeman, a flock of evil raptors

More like a pissed off Treeman who would waste no time in turning the guy into a pulped bit of meat for disturbing/harming them. ;)
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

That's pretty good actually. I think I will throw a paragraph in there about how he was trying to figure out how to corrupt the treemen and the forest, but they just got pissed at him and kicked his butt before he figured out how to forcefully bind their spirits to his will like those rougue dragon princes.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Got to make a comment on this:

Background: Drainial was a mere boy during the war on Chaos and hero worshiped Aenarion, a worship tranferd to his son Malikith, he fought in the sundering and fled to the sea's. Once he got the Naggaroth he saw Malikiths mistake. The elves aged here! Before he or his followers could be afflickted he fled to the sea's once more. He want's Malikith dead but mindful of the prophasy he waits, building his power for his return to rule once Malikith dies. Oh and he's totaly insane.

Fingol, I think you owe me $10.

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

What?I have no idea what you mean. ANSOB deleted the old thread so I have no way of knowing if I ever made a bet or not. 8) besides it was only $5 and wouldn't you owe me?

But hey, if the guy's totally insane, perhaps all of his memories of times before the sundering were just crazed delusions.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Eldacar and you betted that there would be someone claiming to be from the time of the Great War. Or something to that effect. :P
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

*points to secret message hidden in my previous post* I remember. But since the terms of said wager are lost forever...

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

I remember quite well. Now, how will payment be carried out? I tend to get impatient at times. :P

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

I would use pay pall, but if you remember so well, why can't you remember that you declined this bet?

you wrote:No deal, Morathi is 7816 years old (my guess is that she's older). Sorry but I'll have to decline that bet ;)

Or something like that.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

the lord of har ganeth wrote:General: hiborn hash'arr, ruler of har ganeth

...Eldacar?
General Kala wrote:
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

I think Lord Reurl would be angry that somebody is going around claiming his title.

For future reference, here's a list of some of the Dread Lords and their respective cities. The debate wasn't that long and these were agreed upon:

Ghrond: Crone Hellebron

Har Ganeth: Lord Ruerl

Hag Graef: Malus Darkblade (I'm actually still kind of iffy on this one)

Karond Kar: Beastlord Rakarth

Clar Karond: There's three... don't ask me who they are :?:

Naggarond: Malekith the Witch King
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:Clar Karond: There's three... don't ask me who they are :?:

Doesn't matter; they change so often (by army book edition standards) that all you need to know is that they're the three most important ark captains.

Anyway, Darkblade is either a dread lord or the steward of Hag Graef, I'm not sure.
General Kala wrote:
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

According to the Comics, he is the Dread Lord, as for the Novels we haven't got that far yet, but the comics say clearly especially at the end of book 3 and the beginning of book 4

Darkblade, Banner of Blood wrote:War has come to Ulthuan, Fabled home of the High Elves. Black Galleys have stormed the oceans from the blighted land of Naggaroth and spilled forth the invading hosts of the Druchii. Already the Witch King himself drives his armies at the Dragon Gate. Here, in the North-West Territory of Chrace, the second prong of the invasion gouges in. At its head rides the newly appointed Lord-General, The Drachau of Hag Graef...Malus Darkblade

Drachau=Dread Lord
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:
Fingol Darkwater wrote:Clar Karond: There's three... don't ask me who they are :?:

Doesn't matter; they change so often (by army book edition standards) that all you need to know is that they're the three most important ark captains.

Sweet. Now Dizaun has something to shoot for. Things make perfect sense now... I think I'll write my own GTKYG post.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Lord Ruerl of Har Ganeth wrote:Background: Lord Ruerl (name taken from the rulebook) is a Highborn from Har ganeth and is the Son of Lord Vraneth the Cruel, Master of Har Ganeth (this is my storyline so i could be wrong) and the younger of two sons (the elder being Lord Yuerl from Clar Karond) He married Alvina, a noble woman from another city and she bore his first son, Tilanis, who swiflty joined Malekith's Black gaurd and rose the ranks quickly. Later his second child, a duaghter called Charin, was born. She expressed powerful socrery capabilites and was soon inducted into the Sorceress's Guild .

I'm confused as to why you would want to put up with the hassle of having to worry about getting things right by taking a character from the army book. You're already writing original background, why in the world don't you make it your own?

High Elves: They are weak and misguided fools. Their generals are cowards who kill women and children.

Erm... Druchii kill women and children. It's the weakness and cowardice to be unwilling to do so. By killing Ruerl's wife, that Asur made him suffer much more than he would have with a flesh wound. Doesn't seem like cowardice to me.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Just a thought: The users at Asur.org (or Bugman's?) compiled all the locations of their armies in one thread and entered them in a map of the Old World. Maybe the same could be done for Naggaroth and Druchii.net?
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

The users at Asur.org (or Bugman's?) compiled all the locations of their armies in one thread and entered them in a map of the Old World. Maybe the same could be done for Naggaroth and Druchii.net?

It was at Bugmans. The province groups tried to do something similar at Asur.org, but there was never enough time devoted to it.

As to doing it for Naggaroth, aside from the localised fortresses drifting around the place and the mobile Black Arks (which can't be placed on a map, really), practically everybody would be in one of the six cities or with the Shade clans.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Eldacar wrote:It was at Bugmans. The province groups tried to do something similar at Asur.org, but there was never enough time devoted to it.

As to doing it for Naggaroth, aside from the localised fortresses drifting around the place and the mobile Black Arks (which can't be placed on a map, really), practically everybody would be in one of the six cities or with the Shade clans.

Indeed one day when i am bored enough/have enough time, i will do it on an interactive map perhaps.
project for the future :lol:
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

What are you doing here? Get back to coding!

*cracks whip*

:P

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

It was at Bugmans. The province groups tried to do something similar at Asur.org, but there was never enough time devoted to it.

That's probably a good thing, seeing as how I somehow became a top contender to be the Prince of Ellyrion.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

He was born and raised by an assassin and a witch elf. Since this relationship was illegal, he was hidden and lived his childhood in the mountains nearby Naggarond. None the less, his formidable leadership and fighting skills gave him the title of "Aranel the merciless, leader of the invasion force of the old world.

Who gave him that title and did he recieve it before he returned to mainstream society?

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Someone could make a list of Black Arks. They are not as rare things as you could think, as I continuably see that almost every other general owns a Black Ark, if two.

I am not the best sayer of this, as three of my in-story characters are Black ark captains, and one I claim to be one of the three Dread Lords of Clar Karond, (Draketh, the Lord Admiral of the Black Navy)

But here is a small start:
My characters:
Palace of Everlasting Torment, Captain Draknir Reaverblade

Inevitable Doom, Captain Draketh Reaverblade

Avatar of Perdition, Captain Th'Mor Zaces

D.netters:
Palace of Eternal Darkness, Captain Morvai Blackblade

Har Atha, Captain Drainial Shadowheart

Nightmare, Captain Fingol Darkwater

Official ones:
Jade Palace of Pain, Citadel of Oblivion, Claw of Dominion

And many more... I don't remember the names of Sirist's or Khelmor's character's Arks here... Maybe I should make a thread of this, where people could enlist their Arks and their captains.
Aleraen
Cold One Knight

Post by Aleraen »

The Undeniable is Dizaun Cadsane's Ark. Others amongst the Ashen Fleet are as follows:

- Rydeel Falirth's Malice
- Prince Katan's Ark of Arnhelm <-- That's what it says...
Aleraen Gleamfollower
High-Consort of Army Wide Hatred
<Sirist> So you won't lose me. I'm still around. I'm just in you, and in everyone I've known.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

From the Sarradain Fluff

The Three Black Arks of the Sarradain Family

First Black Ark: The Crimson Citadel (destroyed)
First Black Ark' owner: Noah Sarradain (Presumed dead)
First Black Ark Captain: Captain Aoern (Retired)

Second Black Ark: The Night Crystal (destroyed)
Second Black Ark' owner: Kaleth Sarradain (In Action)
Second Black Ark Captain: Lady Morgier (In Action)

Third Black Ark: The Vigorous Tormenter (In action)
Third Black Ark' owner: Kaleth Sarradain (In Action)
Third Black Ark Captain: Lady Morgier (In action)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite