Does Malekith want to destroy Ulthuan?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Voltaire
Slave (off the Altar)

Does Malekith want to destroy Ulthuan?

Post by Voltaire »

Animosity within the Elven Kingdoms is the crux of the politics of the Dark Elves as Malekith is hell bent on becoming the Phoenix King of Ulthuan and becoming the one in charge of all things elven in the world as befits the son of Aenarion. This creates several interesting points which should probably be addressed, the main on being would the resentment that Malekith feels towards the High Elves actually lead to every single high elf being destroyed or simply everyone in Malekiths path to becoming the Phoenix King?

It just seems illogical for Malekith to simply want to destroy all of the High Elves and rule over a kingdom of corpses. The druchii have a very well established nation in Naggaroth and taking back Ulthuan almost seems like madness in comparison.

What are your opinions on this?
Being British, I expect disappointment, nay I crave it. It's one of my joys in life
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

I'd say he kills all high elves and all Druchii return to their ancestoral lands on ulthuan, thats part of what they have always been fighting for isnt it?
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Bloodyangel
Black Guard

Post by Bloodyangel »

You think Melekith ISN'T mad? He's spent the last 5000 years obsessively trying to conquer Ulthuan, and failing every time. I think that might be enough to prove that the guy is a bit unhinged.

To think... if he had just taken up needlepoint instead, none of this violence would have happened. :roll:
Anyone looking for awesome art, here's the girl to see... her stuff is amazing!

http://www.angelfire.com/rebellion/fuju ... index.html
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Nha he wants to rule not just to kill, he would kill everyone who opposed him for sure and would probobly make lots of examples to solidify his position but he would try and preserve the majority of the population, so long as the did exactly as he told them.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Soupman
Cold One Knight

Post by Soupman »

I actually think that given the chance he would butcher the High Elves down to the last child. Come on, he has a rule called "Burning Hatred" :D
I believe that Malekith will end the war, and I quote Furion of Clar Karond, "when the last of our repugnant cousins is dragged screaming to the altar of Khaine"
Andreas
Squall
Trainee Warrior

Post by Squall »

I think that every time he failed, he promised to himself that when the right time comes, all hearts of so called high elves will be reaped of their chests. IMO he will laugh watching the white cities burn to the ground.
I don't think that he wants to become Phoenix King - he probably hates that words more than anything else.
Death of a man is a tragedy.
Death of a million is a statistic.
Tich
Highborn

Post by Tich »

nah, old mali is the witch king for life now and theres no way he is going to face the flames of asuran again. Also in regards to the topic he doesn't want to destroy ulthuan hewants to rule it. Its population however are another story.
"I have this magic sword, it kills people when you stick it in them"
Blackfrost
Shade

Post by Blackfrost »

I see some of the Asur being taken as slaves for a time before Malekith grows tired of them.

Long Live The Witch King!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

The Druchii have high elf slaves now, that's not new.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

It's more of an ego thing. He's the son of the man who saved the world. He was not given the postiono he wanted, didn't bide his time long enough, and was burned severly for it Weather his rivals trully did something to the sacred flames or not is beyond the point. THe fact he hates them because what happened to his body (two good looking parents had to make a beutifl kid; which the flames did short work of!)
He has drilled this idea into his followers so much, he beleives it himself. Now, nothing short of compleat oblivion of the He will suffice.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Malekith obviously still wants to take what is ritefully his. The Crown and the Kingdom of Ulthuan. Also you must remember that Malekith doesn't lose the battles in Ulthuan. GW makes him lose the battles.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

And the losses are usually due to an unforseeable deus ex machina. Malekith makes his plans, has everything perfectly worked out - he is the greatest general in the world afterall - and then everything goes to crap when Tyrion and Teclis pop up, refuse to die, and defeat everything.

Next time it'll be different (or, you know, not. But we can hope).
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You know with the greatest assasins in the world at his disposal its realy suprising that Tyron remains in the world of the living, Teclis might have magical wards on him whilst he sleeps but I would imagine that a dagger in the neck whilst he slept would deeply inconviniance Tryron. Either way it does say in the old HE book in the section about him blinding Eltharion that the high elves are only misguided fools and that they will be brought back into the fold once they are shown the error of there ways. That certainly sugests that he is not at all adverse to ruling them. Afterall in the sword of Khaine Malekith saw a septer.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Can't remember his name, but the blinde swordsman that malekith did a number on, mannaged to do a sflesh wound on Malekith, and stand on equall ground with Shadowblade. That said, arn't the two main HE heros above and beyond even his great skill? I think the Witch Kinhg has tried a number of times.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

That was Eltharion.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Yup, but GW may or may not have scrapped that story arc given Eltharion's current incarantion in the HE army book.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Ruthlessdruchii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ruthlessdruchii »

i personally think that Malekith first of all stribes to rules the lands of his father, nagarythe, and destroy what ever may be left of ulthuan... why would he gather an army of dragons when not usinng ther full power on the white cities?? i think he will recover the sword of khaine and adress himself as the rightfull ruler of ulthuan, and all elven kind (but i think he've allready done that, eccept for the fact that he needs the sword of Khaine).

but regarding the assassins of Nagaroth, i don't think the are able to sneek into the wery white cities og Ulthuan, the wery birth-place of all elven-magic... these cities (i think) will be too much filled with light magic of the HE that the masters of poison themselves would be countered right away... the only option Lord Malekith has is to simply break the faith of his elven kind, and let chaos take care of the other allies.... ;)
Yes, the elves of dark you shall fear
we alone control the powers of darkness.
We shall capture your most beloved dear
and all thats left will be sadness.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I doubt it, there have been and are many murdurs by Druchii of Asur in Ulthaun, at one point we had an extreemly large spy network and we probobly still do though it was cut a but short by the sword masters of Hoeth. I think you overestimate the power of the High elves.

Gentleman of Moderation
Ruthlessdruchii
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ruthlessdruchii »

i might be my friend... i just forgot that their stil may be cults of slanesh or Khaine in Ulthuan... but it still somehow is unclear for me, why they haven't killed the two of them by now?? do the assassins of nagaroth have limitations?? or do Malekith just want to torture them to their painfull death??

and another question... with Nagaroth's Black Arks (the socalled rulers of the seas) why haven't he just destoyed the whole fleet of Ulthuan, and surrounded the island?? because it iss actually said in the dark elf book thatt the Black Arks rule the seas...
Yes, the elves of dark you shall fear
we alone control the powers of darkness.
We shall capture your most beloved dear
and all thats left will be sadness.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

That was exagerated a little by Furion, the Asur do have an extreemly powerful navey though they have nothing that can take on a black ark one on one. Prehaps we could defeat their fleet but it would be a titanic battle which we would not be certain of wining by any means and would leave our navey seriously depleted. But the real reason is that most of the Druchii vesseles are at any one time out raiding various places. And ofcourse the the assasins have limitations, they canot fly or turn invisible or pull the moon from the sky, they are incredibly skilled elves nothing more and nothing less. The realy reason that Tyron and Teclis still live is that GW say that they do, besides that would be a victory for any sort of evil force and of course that would never do.

Gentleman of Moderation