Dark Elves and Tzeentch

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Andfenion
Shade

Dark Elves and Tzeentch

Post by Andfenion »

Greetings, fellow Druchii.

I tried to find some topics discussing activity and influence of Tzeentchian Dark Elven cults in Naggaroth, but found nothing. Any one of you got any knowledge concerning this issue?

I'm makng a Tzeentch-themed Dark Elf army, and I'd like to know what units are suitable for the theme... I realise that nothing from temple of Khaine is acceptable (I mean Witch Elves and Cauldron of Blood and perhaps Assassin). But what else? Black Guard, Executioners?

Thanks in advance.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Just look at the Slaanesh list. A Tzeentch Manticore would be an interesting project. But not a dragon. CoK yes, DE Warriors, yes, corsairs, maybe. Dark Riders, Harpies, Shades, yes. Hydra - fine line between fluff and fairy floss. Your call.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=34243

See that. You're not the only one here who prefers Tzeentch over Slaanesh...
Silas witchblade
Warrior

Post by Silas witchblade »

Slaanesh jst has more to do with the background of Dark Elves and MOrathi. Tzeentch on the other hand doesnt have any connection to DE fluff. However, I could see how he can be incorporated into it via the Sundering and the change among the Elves....... Also, that list on that link, that REALLY needs some work!
H.e.k.
Beastmaster

Post by H.e.k. »

One should consider however that Dark Elves can be very secretive, not to mention their taste for intrigue, politics, deals, double crossings, violent upheavals and changes, etc. Things that, if memory serves, Tzeentch favors very highly, and I could easily imagine a Highborn seeking Tzeentch's boon in order to stay two steps ahead of their opponents, whether it be in the realm of battle, politics, or intrigue.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Exelent the ranks of Tzeentchs Druchii followers grows (as you may have surmised from that I have a Tzeentch theamed army myself).

I am afraid you will find little official on the issue. In the BL book Blood Money the bad guy in one section is a Druchii highborn worshiping Tzeench but he is in exile in the old world and so there is not much help there. Basicly any Druchii can work so long as you avoid cult units. After that its all in the modeling.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I guess it's plossable, but remember: Any male magic user in druchii society has a date with a buisness end of a Executioners Draich!

But given the perks of having the ultimate magic users on your side can be good!
Andfenion
Shade

Post by Andfenion »

Thank you for the info. However I would like to know, would Manticore, Black Guard and Executioners be suitable for Tzeentch themed army?

Executioners - Har Ganeth - Khaine's Aspect of the Executioner?

Black Guard - personal guard of Malekith - Malekith encourages Khaine worshipping?

Manticore is considered as one of the aspects of Khaine, but any one got any info how true is this assumption?

Should I rather replace Melee infantry units with Hydra or Chariots?

Opinions?
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Executioners-No
Black Guard-No
Manticore-...Maybe
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Harabec
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Harabec »

Executioners and Black Guard are special orders much like the temple. You have to be recruited and they would be pretty exclusive in admitting people. Black Guard definetly not. Executioners maybe if you wrote up some good fluff about them being corrupted after being trained or something, but still a long shot.

Manticore would likely be fine for me though. Any of the cores would be fine. Its just units that represent members of an exculsive order that would have trouble.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

The Black Guard has not as much to do with worshipping Khaine as the Executioners do. The Black Guard is obsessed in protecting Malekith.

You could do Executioners, by making a Tzeentchian greatsword-wielding unit that only counts as executioners, but literally isn't one.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Like I said its all in the modeling and in the force that you want to do. I love the models of black gaurd and if they ever got decent rules I might convert them a bit and paint them apropriatly and have them in my background as the temple gaurds. Still you do have to change them significantly and certainly Black gaurd would never be in the force of an overt chaos worshipor so you have to adapt the background of them and your force.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

You can take what you want if you take time to think a bit after all executioners could represent any elite great weapon wielding unit just come up with your own background
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

you could use the chaos with druchii like a Cult of Slaanesh list but with tzeentch insted.
I think corsairs would work with tzeentch because they are for hire and DR and warriors: yes
executioners no
BG: no they protect Malekith and not fighting for a tzeentch following general you could make them as betrayals or something but no
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Not as Black gaurd or executioners but like I said you simply have to change them a bit if you realy want them in your force.

Gentleman of Moderation
Andfenion
Shade

Post by Andfenion »

Wow, thanks, everyone. Really great ideas and opinions! I'll post my possible changes to my army blog.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I think the force would focus more heavily on daemons and other things from the chaos list than the Cult of Slaanesh. A worshiper of Tzeentch would be far less popular in the Naggaroth underground than a Slaaneshi. At least Slaanesh cultists can get around Druchii society without being noticed, a Tzeentch worshiper is going to stick out like a sore thumb due to the whole magic thing. Few Druchii would want to attach themselves to a venture that risky.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Mantis would be ok, as well as hydras, because they are both creatures of Chaos.

Fluff wise, Generals only reseive black guard IF they are on Malekith's good graces. BUT, if you do anything that would piss them off, you are dead!

As far as executioners go...Hell, their normal DE, bribe em with gold, slaves, and a fresh asur that needs their neck severed!
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

If you wish to play Tzeentch druchii army by the rules ( official army painted in Tzeentch colors and symbols ) than its quitesimple:
1. core - whatever
2. special- harpies ( nothing to do with Khaine actually ), CoK, Chariots, Shades¨
3.rare- war hydra, bolt throwers, DOGS OF WAR ( Chaos=best )
4.heroes+lords= as many high sorceresses and sorceresses as you can according to the size of army

( Black dragons+Manticores again nothing to do with Khaine, just beasts )