Masters of Mischief (NC fiction)

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

A-ha, that's why Lord Morvai was so quiet and hidy in the meeting with admiral Draknir. Naghlír wasn't the only one keeping false facade, I see. Draknir doesn't know about this, so he keeps worrying abut Naghlír's disguise. Very good story, but you have still not mentioned me in it. *looks at Morvai disapprovingly* Nah, it isn't such a big matter, but you could do it, could you?
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

The problem is the story I did with you took place just for the coast of marienburg, and in this story I’m still on the sea of claws. You will get mentioned as soon as I reach Marienburg. But before that I will first meet two other players on the Sea of Claws.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Ah. No problem then.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Yey more chaos elves!
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Time to hurry this along. The campaign had started and I haven’t even made it to the empire yet.
Anyway, this one includes two characters from other players.
Kargen Doomblade, from Soupman.
Master Sharpmind, from Lakissov (This character will stay in my fluff thanks to a deal I made with Lakissov. He becomes my in-game lieutenant and I write fluff about him.)
And now… Fun with fireworks!

Dan peered out over sea. From the other Ark a messenger had been dispatched, on a Dark Pegasus. Dan shook his head. What a show off. They could have just used a boat or a small teleportation spell, but no, they had to use a Dark Pegasus.
Dan turned back to the deck and saw Dakka and the others rush towards their assigned places. Drog, as biggest of the group, would rush at the messenger and throw the firecracker towards his face. Dakka, as smallest and cleverest, would sneak up behind the messenger and throw the firecrackers at his feet. Duffa, as dumbest of the bunch, would throw the firecracker at the feet of the Pegasus. It was perfect.

The messenger landed on deck. A beastmaster apprentice rushed at him to take the reigns from him. Karan came walking up to him, but came to late to warn him. Drog came running at the messenger with the burning firecracker in his hand. He threw, and the messenger easily ducked the projectile. As he ducked he looked straight in the massive grin of Dakka. The second it took the messenger to figure out what those snotlings were doing here was to long. As Dakka leaped out of the way the firecracker went of with a loud bang at the feet of the messenger. Dazed and confused the messenger stumbled towards his Pegasus. Just as he reached it a loud bang at the feet of the beast scared it. It broke his reigns and charged straight at the messenger. The messenger would have been impaled if Karan hadn’t leaped on the back of the beast and knocked it unconscious with the blunt side his cleaver.
As retainers rushed at the messenger to help him, Dan moved silently below deck. He was however stopped on the stairs by a strong hand. He was flanked by two black guard and dragged up the deck again. There he was moved out of the messengers sight.
“Letting messengers be killed by their own mounts is not exactly good for House relations, now is it?” Came a strong voice. As Dan looked around to see who was talking to him, his heart sank in his shoes. In front of him stood Master Sharpmind, Leader of the Black Guards stationed in Vikarh. And he didn’t look happy, but then again, when did Black Guard look happy.
“No it isn’t. But how could I know he would be so stupid to stand in front of the Pegasus as it panicked?” Said Dan with a grin. He was going to die anyway, so better make something out of the last minutes. Master Sharpmind ignored Dan’s comments and continued. “If I told you not to attack messengers and guest anymore, I can count on it that you behave, now can I?” Dan grimaced, the tone Sharpmind used made more then clear that if he didn’t do what he was told that he would be executed. “You can count on me.” said Dan as he made a salute. Master Sharpmind turned around with a look of disgust on his face. As he walked away his men quickly followed him.
“Funspoilers!” said Dan, when he was sure that they were out of hearing distance.

Dan hung against the railing. He had watched the messenger leave and was now wondering if there would be more consequences to his little prank. He was scared out of his thoughts when he was padded on the back.

“You better buy me a few drinks tonight.” said Karan with a grin. “I just risked life and limb for you.” “Was it that bad?” wondered Dan. “It was even worse. That messenger was Kargen Doomblade, the second in command of the House Doomblade forces. He demanded that you were tortured for hours and then finally would have been eaten alive by his hydra. You don’t even want to know what he had planned for your pets.” Dan shuddered. “So how did you manage to safe me from that horrible fate?” Karan grinned. “Quite simple I told Kuron that you are the only one who knows how to operate the cannon. I might also have added something about Kargen being a reckless youth.” Dan burst out in laughter. “From there Kuron ‘quickly’ finished to problem with a huge lecture about reckless youth. In the end Lord Blackblade cut off Kuron’s speech and quickly told Kargen were they were heading and why. After throwing ‘orders’ from the witchking at Kargen, the meeting was finished.” Dan had to take a good big breath before he could regain is composure. When he had he asked; “So you have send out a Messenger of a big house with out his revenge and with fake orders from the witchking?” Karan grinned. “We sure did.” Dan shook his head. “And then am I the one getting punished for only trying to kill the guy.” “Life’s a biatch” said Karan as he walked away laughing.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Great story, after the fun and games we get to some nitty and griity stuff. Keep these coming throughout the campain. My character is still in Naggaroth, but i'll write a seperate fluff for the Nemesis crown for my stories are set before the Campaign.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Hah, that was funny. Good, good story.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Alright new chapter. This one futures Ranieth’s character, Lord Bloodheart.
Next part is were I meet Draknir.

The last few days had been rather boring. After the Doomblade incident Dan was watched by the Black Guard, so pranks had become almost impossible. Instead Dan had spend the last few days below deck in his makeshift workshop. Together with Khel he had turned the cannon in a monstrosity. Khel had made a cold one head out of metal. They had separated the jaws to make sure it wouldn’t block the firing path of the cannonball. Next they had made spikes for along the ‘back’ of the cannon. They had finished the monstrous creation by adding a skull in the middle of the ‘back’ of the cannon.
They had spent an entire day testing the ‘improved’ cannon to make sure they hadn’t weakened the structure somehow. Satisfied with the result Dan had ended the day with celebrating in the bar. Which was why the next day was spent in bed and hanging over the railing, puking. And now, one day later, Dan hung over the railing again. This time not to vomit, no this time he hoped to find inspiration somewhere out there.
Suddenly Dan spotted a ship and seconds later the lookout confirmed that there indeed was a ship. Dan grinned. How had that guy gotten that post. If he had spotted the ship before the lookout, while he was standing on deck.
Dan hurried below deck and headed for his crew when he was stopped by Danarh. “We won’t need the cannon. It’s a friendly ship.” Dan stared at him in disbelief. “How could you know that? The lookout reported seconds ago and now you already know that it is friendly? You weren’t even on deck when he reported!” Danarh walked past him with a smile. “We have our ways engineer, we have our ways.”
Dan shook his head and headed back towards the deck. He hated it when others did so damn superior.

As the ship had come closer it became clear that it was a Reaver, one of the many smaller vessels the Druchii made. As Dan saw the banner he was slightly amused. The ship was from House Bloodheart. Back in Vikarh there had been a lot of gossip about that House. It was said that the second in command had taken over control of the forces and had left the Ruler. To make matters worse the second in command had proven to be a slaaneshi cultist, while House Bloodheart had been renown for it’s loyalty to the temple. Dan smirked. Life’s a biatch indeed.
Lord Bloodheart came onboard with a few retainers, Karan greeted them and let Lord Bloodheart to the general quarters. The retainers had been left on deck and, although they probably didn’t realized it, were closely guarded by Master Sharpmind and his Black Guard.
As Dan noticed something about one of the retainers he suddenly felt it time for a conversation.
“That’s a very impressive pistol that you carry there.” Said Dan as he pointed to a pistol hanging from the retainers belt. “It certainly is. It belonged to a empirial general. It’s finely crafted, so less chance of blowing up in your hand, like the regular junk.” said the retainer proud. “Sounds nice.” said Dan with a grin. “However I was talking about the repeater pistol that you try to hide under your cloak.” The retainer looked at him with disbelief in his eyes. “The shape of the multiple barrels is pretty stereotypical.” explained Dan. The retainer nodded and showed the repeater pistol. “It’s a nice piece. Care to sell it?” Said Dan. The retainer smiled. “You don’t have the money for such a weapon. These kind of weapons are extremely rare. Certainly one as well crafted as this one.” Dan grinned. “Yeah you’re right. Those weapons are pretty rare, if they work.” For a second Dan wondered of the eyes of the retainer could get any bigger. “How do you mean if they work?” Said the still shocked retainer. “Well like I said. If they work they are quite rare. However if they don’t work they aren’t worth shiz.” Dan grinned. “And this one doesn’t work, so is completely worthless.” The retainer regained his composure and said; “It does work. Do you honestly think I walk around with a broken pistol.” Dan grin grew even bigger. “As the matter of fact, I do. I bet you use it to threaten people and I also bet they are pretty scared of the thing. However if they had done their homework, like I did, then they could have seen that the firing mechanism is in fact jammed. Which makes the whole thing useless.” The retainer was now completely in shock. “However I’m a nice guy. I give you 25 golden coins for it.” said Dan as he took his purse form his belt. The retainer snapped immediately out of his shock. “Sold!” The transaction was completed and Dan walked back to the railing, happy with his new toy. As he neared the railing Khel walked up to him. “What are you smiling about.” Dan replied with a massive grin on his face. “I just bought the cheapest finely crafted repeater pistol in history. That idiot thought the think was jammed. Had he instead realized that it had a safety mechanism, he would have never sold it.” Khel tried very hard not to burst out in laughter, and almost succeeded.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah trickery and deciete, an exelent Druchii trait.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I too had to keep myself not to laugh, and I almost succeeded. True Druchii with a sense of humour.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Great story. Manipulating druchii comes in many forms and you showed it perfectly.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

bloody brilliant, keepem coming.
you don't know the power of the darkside
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Very nice story, if I only hadn't seen my soldiers humiliated :D
Great job capturing the shame of House Bloodheart too.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Here is the last piece onboard of the Ark. The next one will be in the camp at the Cursed Marches. And I assure you, there will be cursing in the marches. :lol:

Yesterday had been a fun day. Dan had immediately searched for ways to improve the repeater pistol and he had already found a few things he could improve upon.
When the lookout had reported that there was an Ark beached for the coast, Dan had been very pleased. Maybe this lord had some dumb retainers too.
As the small boat that was send from the Ark neared, Karan walked up to Dan.
“You better get your vermin and keep them in your room. We don’t want more messenger problems.” Dan sighed. “I will see what I can do. I haven’t seen them since early in the morning so I have no idea were they are at the moment.” Karan smirked. “Well, that is not my problem. Just get them and keep them away from the messenger!” With that he walked of towards the docks. Dan shook his head. What was with that guy this morning. Normally he is all fun and games and now he is starting to sound like old Kuron. Contemplating the matter further Dan headed below deck to search for his pets.

The admiral of the Ark had apparently come onboard himself, for word spread quickly among the crew. Dan was a tad surprised when he saw Karan walking with the admiral, acting like nothing was bothering him, while moments ago he had clearly shown that that was not the matter.
Dan almost shiz himself when Master Sharpmind suddenly tapped him on the shoulder.
“I assume we will have a peaceful meeting this time.” Clearly irritated Dan replied; “Yes, we will. They are all in my room except Dakka. I couldn’t find him, but on his own he is no threat.” Sharpmind simply nodded and walked back to his Black Guard.
As the Admiral went inside to talk to Lord Blackblade, Dan found it about time to talk to some of the retainers. He was however quickly stopped by Karan.
“If you don’t want to end up in custody of the Black Guard I advise you to stay were you are.
“You got to be kidding me.” Spat Dan, now clearly offended. “That trick I pulled on that retainer yesterday was just a good business deal. Don’t tell me you are even going to punish me for that!” Karan grinned. “We are not. In fact we rather liked that. However we are going to place the Admirals men in custody of the Black Guard. We had some problems with his family before, but he doesn’t seem to know of it. However we aren’t going to take any risk. He can have is men back as soon as we know he is not a threat to us.” Dan smirked. “We are being the nice guys again, aye?” Karan smiled a wolfish grin. “Have we ever done different?” Both laughed, while a little further on, Admiral Reaverblade’s men were taking below deck by the Black Guard.

Reaverblade’s Ark had apparently broken down on him, and he had come to Lord Blackblade for sorcerous help to fix it again. Lord Blackblade had sent Sariour, a sorceress form the convent, to help the Admiral out. However Lord Blackblade had kept the admiral’s men to ensure Sariour’s safe return. The strange thing was however that Lord Blackblade had sent Danarh and Dalakoi along to protect Sariour onboard of the other ship. Instead of sending two of his best Warriors, like Karan and Kuron, he had sent a advisor and a priest. Now was Danarh a clever elf, so always a good choice. And Dalakoi was a priest of Khaine and looked really impressive with his Skull mask. However both were still very poor fighters, so how they were going to protect Sariour was still a mystery to Dan.
Leaving the riddles of politics for the nobles, Dan headed for the bar. Tomorrow they would beach at the Marches and then they would make camp. What meant that all the rules made onboard would no longer matter, and Dan would be once again free to prank anyone he wanted. Feeling that it was worth celebrating Dan ordered large quantities of alcohol. However this time he won’t make the mistake he made the last time. This time he would let someone else drink it. That way he wasn’t going to feel like shiz in the morning and he would still have a laugh this evening. Tricking Khel in celebrating with him, he pretended to drink one beer after another, while in fact he was letting more then half of it run past his mouth. However Khel kept up nicely and was soon very drunk. By acting drunk himself he managed to pursued her into drinking even more. Soon she was drunker then a dwarf, and she started to see all kinds of things that weren’t really there. Or in this particular case, she was seeing millions of snotlings, crawling everywhere.
Being his sober self all the sudden Dan poked a Corsair in the ribs.
“I bet you want to take advantage of her condition, don’t you?” Before the Corsair could reply Dan already continued. “Don’t shame yourself. I would be wanted the exact same. As a matter of fact. I’m going to take advantage right now!” As Dan walked towards Khel the corsair tapped his mate on the shoulder. “Check it out. The engineers are at it again.” Soon the whole bar was looking expectantly at Dan and mostly at Khel.
Walking up to Khel Dan said; “Are you feeling alright? Trust me, you don’t look alright. Maybe you should head to bed?” Staggering towards him she replied, with a look of horror in her eyes; “I can’t there are snotlings everywhere! They are taking over!” Dan grinned slightly. “Don’t worry about it. I have just the thing for it.” With that he took out his repeater pistol and pushed it into her hands. “Here. Shoot them with this.” A smile formed on Khel’s face. “I will show them who’s boss. Stupid little pushbags!” As she cocked the pistol and took aim, Dan rushed towards the bar and dived behind it. As he heard the first shot he also heard the first yelp. With the second shot came a scream and by the time the third came, the bar was in total panic. Above the screams of the crew came the maniacal laughter of Khel and the mad giggling of Dan.
As Dan rolled on the floor laughing he had but one thought in mind. I pity the fool who hasn’t deserted by the time we make camp.
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

that one was even better than before
oh, btw, when we land, you have the chance to make fun of Suraine Sharpmind a bit for his initial loss to the goblins. And later, I assume, we go to the temple to kick some Asur ass (and you can even make fun of them)
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I would of commented on this last night, though too tired.
haha, Dan Rofl'ed. Very good story keep these coming, can't wait till the actiony bits when you get to see him (Hopefully) in a full scale battle).

Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Great indeed... the funniest DE story I've ever read. And among the best, too.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ha drunken elf shooting stuff. So vey funny.

Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

Alright new chapter, and according to me the worst one yet. I really dislike writing this chapter, but it was needed for the storyline. Oh well, just glad I have it behind me.
Next two chapters will be filled with random mayhem in the camp. After that we will get some chapters of the attack on the Temple.

Yesterday had been strange to say the least. They had beached the Ark in a place called the Cursed Marches, together with a few other Houses. So far nothing the matter. Then almost everyone had been ordered to set up tents in the Marches. There had been a lot of protest against this. Dan had agreed fully with them. Why set up tents, when you can just stay in the much more comfortable Ark? Danarh had come with some lame excuse that they needed to do a full check of the Ark to see if everything was still running fine. And they couldn’t do that with everyone onboard. In the end everyone had left the Ark, but numerous rumours had spread through the camp about the real reason. None made sense.
When Dan wanted to leave the ship to go annoy a few people who were trying to set up a tent he was stopped by Karan. He and his crew together with the blacksmiths were ordered to make numerous metal cubes. They were told what size they needed to be and that they should with stand a bullet, if it was shot at it at point blanc range. Later Dan had learned that the cubes were going to be used for some sort of cloaking device.
That night Dark clouds had packed above the camp and the air had become thick. Those with witchsight had explained that large quantities of Dhar were packing together in the Ark. That apparently explained why the weather had changed so fast.
Some lost their nerves and panicked. They rushed for the Ark, looking for safety. However the Ark had been guarded by Lord Blackblades personal guard. They had strict orders not to let anyone in, and they had permission to use force if needed. In an attempted to calm the people the captain of the guard had explained that the large quantities of Dhar were used to created the cloaking devices. He assured that if everyone just went to their tents and rest, all would be fine next morning. Most had not believed him, but he had proven right. The next morning all was fine again. No clouds, no thick air, no problems.
However just when all seemed fine things had gotten really strange. The ark had opened again and Lord Blackblade had stepped out, without his hooded cloak! As Lord Blackblade walked through the camp with his retinue, elves everywhere gasped at the sight of their lord. All knew that Lord Blackblade was old, and all had pictured him like that. Each and everyone had seen him as a old but weary elf, only being able to stand so fair because of his pride. This however was something completely different. Lord Blackblade was tall and walked graceful, with an agility no longer expected from a elf his age. However all admiration disappeared as soon as someone looked at his face. The once fair features of Lord Blackblade were gone. All that remained was a gaunt and almost demonic face. His long silver hair and wolfish grin, completed the hellish picture.
Dan had shivered at the mere sight of his lord. The thought of having to report a failure to that elf had become his biggest nightmare. He prayed to Khaine to guide him in all his mission or atleast give him panther like speed when the time came he had to choose between reporting a failure or deserting.
Last edited by Morvai on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I too have to admit that it's a bit low from your usual level, but I can picture the face of lord Blackblade perfectly from your writing.

There are few spelling errors. Like this: "No clouds, no tick air, no problems."

Or this: "The once fair futures of Lord Blackblade were gone."

But when not according to this particular chapter, the storyline is great. I like your style.

PS: Now when I know the features of Morvai Blackblade, I shall consider drawing him.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

For further inspiration for artwork you could take a look at the skorne praetorians mini, that I will be using as a base for my sculpt of Morvai.
http://www.privateerpress.com/HORDES/ga ... ture&id=38

I will edit the mistakes out tomorrow, when I can be bothered again. :lol:
Lakissov
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lakissov »

wait, so he is not a covert chaos worshipper? he overtly claims his allegiance to chaos? that seems like, well... a crime?
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

He was keeping queit about it but for some reason he apears to have desided that its no longer an issue, probobly something to do with what ever they were talking about a few chapters ago, you know about choosing some one and needing lots of Dhra.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

How did lord Morvai approach the fact that Draknir had a renegade sorcerer onboard? I guess there won't be any witch hunt, but Danarh and Dalakoi propably laughed their arses off after leaving Draknir's Ark.

In case they ever laugh.

If Morvai was extremely unscrupulous, and if there wasn't enough Dhar to be gathered in the Marshes, someone in the crew would suggest that "Hey, Admiral Draknir's Ark has a full, working Darkwell over there. It has only one Reaver ship's crew guarding it. I guess they won't need all of their Dhar..."

I would agree if they stole some Dhar from the Palace of Everlasting Torment.
Morvai

Post by Morvai »

The creation of the cloaking devices was used as a excuse for using so much Dhar. The Dhar was needed for the ritual. The ritual would give Morvai a new body, since the old one was deforming.
His new body doesn’t show the corruption, but it isn’t perfect either. No body is designed to house a Daemon Prince, so there will always be side effects. Most of the side effects will never show as long as Morvai doesn’t run around naked. However one can not always hide his face. So the face need to atleast resemble something elven. His current face looks somewhat elven, but a little to gaunt. However he blames it on his age. After all he has already past the age of 2400, and that is a very high age for an elf who isn’t a magic user.

@Draknir:
He will hold the information till he needs something from you. If you refuse, he will threaten to tell Master Sharpmind about it.

Danarh probably smirked, Kuron probably ranted, Karan probably lol’ed, Morvai probably grinned and Dalakoi probably felled ashamed that male mages had to go to that much trouble to survive.

Steeling Dhar wasn’t necessary, 5 powerful magic users can created more then enough to open a portal. The rest was up to Morvai and his associates. :twisted: