Talus Nightwing ( Background and First Attempt )

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Talus nightwing
Warrior
Location: Sailing the seas of the Old World, on my Black Ark (England)

Talus Nightwing ( Background and First Attempt )

Post by Talus nightwing »

This is my first attempt at my Army Fluff, it might not be completely accurate as I only have the Codex to go by. Anyway, tell me how I could make it better, and its not in much detail on purpose, its more of a summary of his life. I may make stories of certain events in much more detail another time. Anyway here it is...

Talus Nightwing was born, into an average sized, moderate power Noble House in Naggarond. His father, Mykan Nightwing, was born after the sundering and was very patriotic towards Malekith.

He had four children, the Oldest, Háwke, was taken as a baby on Death Night. For what anyone could guess, he was probably made into an assassin. After the loss of his oldest son, his heir, Mykan made sure his children did well, and forced them to join the military at a young age. The now Oldest, Kyzar, went in his father’s footsteps and became a Cold One Knight. The only Daughter, Tarza, was sent away to a Convent, and became a Sorceress. The youngest son, Talus, joined the Navy, and became a Corsair. After joining, he never saw his family again.

After becoming a Corsair, he excelled in everything, soon becoming the most talented and deadly corsair in his unit, being promoted to Reaver within 5 years of joining. He was a Reaver till about the age of 220, when he decided to listen to his father. For weeks it kept ringing in his head, ‘You must make a name for yourself, make the Nightwings feared, make your family proud‘…He had an idea. The Black Ark he was serving on, ‘The Dark Talon’ was a medium size, and actually very well decorated, armed, and tidy. Talus wanted it.

The Captain of the Ark, Elsarn Bloodhawk, was a Highborn from Karond Kar. And hated by more or less all of the crew. Talus organised a mutiny, with him as head. Unsurprisingly, the vast majority of the crew took his side, the remaining loyal crew were merely staying so that they did not have to face the wrath of the Witch King, most of them not particularly loyal to him at all. There was a Fierce and Bloody Battle on the Ark, where Talus himself was nearly killed by the onboard Sorceress, Karkaran. Just before being hit by a Doombolt, a lowborn Corsair turned Cold One Knight ran her down, saving his life. After several hours of fighting, Talus’ crew emerged victorious. But that left an Ark with just over half the crew, and no proper officers. Talus, not wanting to kill his own kin, but equally not wanting the Witch King to get word of a Mutiny, followed by the mutineers taking over a Black Ark. Had the Survivors put into a longboat, with no food or weapons. If they made it back alive, which was unlikely, he would face the consequences of the wrath of the Witch King.

Talus became the Captain of the Ark, and re-named it ’The Black Phoenix’. He made the Cold One Knight who had saved him, named Khian, First Mate. The Ark however, was vulnerable, should its Darkwell become damaged. There were no Sorceresses, as the two onboard before sided with Elsarn, and had been killed in the conflict. The Ark raided the shores of the Old World for a few years, selling the slaves they couldn’t put to work on the Ark to other Druchii ships. These ships would buy the slaves at a small bargain, and then sell them on, meaning the Black Phoenix would not have to return to Naggaroth.

One day, about 9 years into Talus leading the Black Ark, he came across a small Asur fleet. Containing 3 Hawk ships and 2 Eagle Ships. Unknown to Talus, they were taking a Young, but still ride able Black Dragon, and a Druchii Sorceress. Even without this knowledge, Talus sensed that it would be well worth it to raid these ships, and butcher a few Asur at the same time. The Ark split its forces between the ships, starting on the Hawk ships, killing all, taking no prisoners. They took any items of value and then torched the ships. They then moved onto the Eagle Ships. Using Reaper Bolt Throwers to mow down the Asur on the decks, before getting aboard and mercilessly slaughtering the survivors, numerous Druchii also were dieing, but the ratio of dead Druchii to Asur was in Talus’ favour. This was until the Fleet Admiral came aboard. He killed many Druchii before Talus saw him face to face. He drew his Swords, ready to defend himself. The Elven Runes in the Admiral’s magic sword, glowed a vibrant Crimson. It was obviously forged in Ulthuan. There was a vicious duel between them, but eventually, the Admiral disarmed him. He had his magic blade to Talus’ neck, and he was unsure what to do. Luckily, something else did.

At that point, the Dragon had escaped its captors, as several of them had left to help the fighting. It burst out the deck, ripping a huge hole in the ship, as it began sinking. The startled elves on the Eagle ship ceased their fighting for a second, allowing Talus to roll away from the Admiral and grab a Repeater Crossbow, from a Dead Corsair. The Dragon’s toxic breath was suffocating and melting many elves on the other remaining ship, which held the Sorceress. Talus fired two bolts into the Admiral’s stomach. He fell to the floor, clutching his stomach in pain. Talus walked over to his dieing body and picked up the Magic Sword. He picked up the Admiral and decapitated him with a swift blow.

At that point, the Dragon had landed on top of the ship, now nearly underwater, nearly all Asur on the ship were dead, and most Druchii had swung over to the other ship, to continue the fighting. Talus made a dash towards the top deck, his one hope of escaping the nearly underwater ship was the Dragon. He petted it, narrowly avoiding his hand being bitten off. He then handed it the Admiral’s body, he swallowed him whole. This had given Talus the Dragon’s trust, he went to climb onto its back, but it wouldn’t let him.

Talus gave the great beast an icy stare that would of curdled milk. It instantly back down and allowed him on its back. He climbed on and tied the Admiral’s head to one of the Dragon’s spikes on its back. It then took to the skies, just the Eagle Ship disappeared into the water. It flew to the other ship, and landed on the top deck once again. The First Mate of the Ark, Khian, had taken command on the other ship and had beaten the Asur on it. The remaining survivors were decapitated on Talus’ orders. The Hostage Sorceress, Ladana was taken onto the Ark, after the Druchii had sunk the remaining Eagle Ship.

For rescuing her, the Sorceress gave gifts to Talus and Khian. For Talus, her Black Amulet and an Enchanted Sheild, stolen from an Asur. For Khian, a Seal of Ghrond. She also offered her services aboard the Ark, and became the Black Phoenix’s sorceress. The Ark has continued to live out in the Old World, yet to return to Naggaroth.

Its still work in Progress, can anyone please point out what is really far-fetched on inaccurate. Thanks!
Last edited by Talus nightwing on Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.
'We're all entitled to our own opinions, and in my opinion, your opinion sucks.'

Talus Nightwing Fluff - http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50974
Talus nightwing
Warrior

If I ever get round to the Nemesis Crown, I will add the fluff.

In a nutshell, he gets a message from another ship, from his father, who has disowned him for the mutiny, and is not welcome back.
A few days later another Messanger on a Dark Pegasus flys to the Ark, presumably from another ship. He is a messanger from Malekith, saying he may return to Naggaroth if he gets the Crown for him.
As he has already been disowned, he has nothing to go back to, so may keep the crown for himself. That way he may join the rebels, or the loyalists, I havn't decided yet.
'We're all entitled to our own opinions, and in my opinion, your opinion sucks.'

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Seems good, I am not too sure that the Asur would acctualy try to capture a black dragon unless they were caldorian and the taming is very similar to the story of the head of the beast masters whose name escapes me and his Dragon Brachus.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Talus nightwing
Warrior

I got the training idea from that story. Beast Master Rakarth? And I was thinking along the lines of the Asur training the Black Dragon to be ridden by them, or maybe using it to breed more eggs or something?

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Thats the one, I am not saying that its an impossibility and like I said I think Caldorians in particular might give it a go.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

The thing I dislike in your story are your measurements; like "medium sized medium power house" or "75% of the crew." You were worried of accuracy, but saying 75% just doesn't sound right in a fantasy story. It needs some final touches, but I like the storyline and the name of the ark, Black phoenix..
Talus nightwing
Warrior

Thanks for your opinion, I'll edit the story to something like.. 'The Vast Majority'. I dont know how to describe the Nightwing house as a completely average power, average size house.

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Moderate mighht be a better alternative, or not inconsiquential (however thats spelt).

Gentleman of Moderation
Talus nightwing
Warrior

Talus Nightwing was born, into an average sized, moderate power Noble House in Naggarond. - Hows that?

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

House of moderate power and average size might be better but yes thats an improvment in my mind.

Gentleman of Moderation
Luk-arth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Luk-arth »

I wish I could write fluff for my army but Im too lazy.
Ave Ceaser!
Talus nightwing
Warrior

I wish I could write fluff for my army but Im too lazy.

I'm not exactly great at at writing fluff, I'm also pretty lazy. Its just the school summer holidays, and I have Waaaaay too much time on my hands.

Talus nightwing
Warrior

Ok, Im thinking of writing part of the fluff in detail. Can people choose between...

The Mutiny

The Attack on the Asur Fleet

Thanks!

Valkar, assasin of khaine
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Valkar, assasin of khaine »

Love the story, i always liked the idea of a dark elf corsair hero.
queen latifah- does this make my butt look big!?!?!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

It's got promise. I'd like to read more about the mutiny if you've got the time to write it.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Talus nightwing
Warrior

Thanks, I'll begin working on it once I have the time.