Salvation (NC fluff)

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Rackeith watched as the loyalist contingent entered the council’s inner sanctum. He and the other lords of the The Khaladh Oriour Har stood on a raised Dias in the centre of the chamber flanked by their respective guards.
When the two lords reached the Dias Rackeith spoke, "Ah I see you have finally arrived Lords Fellblade and Rashia and why do you loyalist scum join us here.” said Rackieth, projecting an aura of extreme confidence.
He sighed to himself as Gorgoneth once again added his own unique twist to the conversation. “Loyalists!” spat Gorgoneth, before standing and drawing his sword.
“Sit Gorgoneth, let us hear what they have to say before we dispose of them.” said Rackieth patiently locking gazes with the Cultist.
"Kill us if you want but it will only bring you swift death" said Areon and Rackeith was impressed at how impassive the elf remained as he said this.
His fellow lords openly laughed at this seemingly absurd statement but Rackeith decided to waitfor the elf to continue before making a judgement. “Bring death to us? Your rabble outside would be dead before they even got into the tent” said Rackieth hoping to provoke a response.
It wasn’t long before the other loyalist Kaihlik provided one, “That "rabble" would each take down ten of your men before they died" he boasted
“I have many more to replace those that would be lost lord Rashia and you and you ally there would be handed over to Gorgoneth and his cultists.” said Rackieth simply. Gorgoneth aptly choose this moment to start playing with one of his sacrificial knives.
"Our troops aren't the main threat to your plans, I have instructed my officers to inform all of the loyal Lords I the area of your location and plans if we do not return, you may kill us but you will have all the noble houses of Naggaroth descend on you, not to mention our accursed kin who are also bound to be interested in the Tor. Your army would be annihilated and you carried back to Naggarond to be killed for Malekiths pleasure" said Areon calmy.
So this Druchii thought he was clever did he, thought Rackeith, well he choose to go up against a master of the art. However Rackeith new his own limits and decided to play along for the time being. "Your bluffing!" bellowed Rackieth, deliberately giving the impression that he was defeated.
Drainial, picking up on his Liege’s behaviour joined in, “He isn’t bluffing, I have looked into him and see no deception.”
Purely for effect Rackieth smashed his armoured hand on the table again before sitting back in his throne. “What exactly is it that you want from me?” hissed Rackieth.
“Our request is simple, our forces will aid yours in the capture of Tor Thana in exchange for positions of power, if you wish we will continue this little conflict once the city is secure.” said Areon falling for the deception.
“And why do you think we need your aid?” asked Rackieth as his arrogance returned.
“Because your troops are too weak to take the city alone, you need the aid of true druchii to defeat the accursed Asur and any other weaklings that get in the way" said Kaihlik mockingly.
Enough was enough so Rackeith decided to play his own trump card. “And why would I need you when I have Lisa at my side” said Rackieth, motioning at the human
The two loyalist lords let out a laugh. “You place your faith in a mere human, you are truly insane” laughed Kaihlik.
Rackeith watched in delight as Lisa took centre stage. "I am no mere human" replied Lisa.
A look of complete supprise crossed the faces of Areon and Kaihlik. “You can speak Drukh-Eltharin?” said Areon, still shocked
“I am well travelled.” stated Lisa, Rackieth nodded to her and she opened her mouth to show her fangs.
Areon and Kaihlik took a step back in utter disbelief, she was a Vachi Caerthal one of the walking dead, no wonder they had seen no signs of a human army in the camp, she hadn't yet summoned the undead hordes to her.
Rackeith struggled to surpress a laugh before continuing, “See I even have a Vachi Caerthal in my service” said Rackieth confidently, now having fully regained his composure. “I will permit you to join my forces, return to your camp when I need you I will send for you” declared Rackieth, pressing home his advantage.
Evidently dismayed but not yet broken Areon and Kaihlik left the tent and returned to their convoy.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Brilliant stuff fingol, you wrote the meeting from your point of view very well, Areon will know that you can't be intimidated by his threat, he'll have to cook up some other scheme with kaihlik to stop you rebels from killing them both once they have helped you out.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Glad you liked it.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The Storm Breaks
Rackeith stopped in the centre of his army as he prepared to assault Tor Thana. He knew that at several other points along the cities perimeter his allies would also be about to attack, their plan to overwhelm the hopefully disorganised bands of treasure hunters that had inhabited the city only to find themselves in the middle of a war.
Alexia and her lieutenant Draco commanded the crossbowmen and mighty repeater bolt thrower on the right flank while Ares and Diana controlled the left. Satisfied with his army’s deployment Rackeith lifted his sword and with a mighty roar chopped down in the direction of the enemy signalling the beginning of the attack.
All around him his army surged forward, the witch elves heading towards the dwarf hand gunners positioned on the ruined walls while Rackeith and the Vanakat headed towards the warrior unit that together with their Thane were blocking the breach in the Tor’s ancient walls. Meanwhile the crossbowmen and Bolt thrower lay down hails of covering fire while Alexia and Diana directed their magic at the Dwarf cannon.
The dwarfs were not long in responding as the dwarf engineer directed the return fire, led shot ripping into the unarmoured Rackeith’s Brides while a cannonball whistled over the Exile Lord’s chariot ploughing into the mud scant yards behind him. Before the cannon could fire again its crew were swamped by winged daemons which had been summoned by Diana prior to the battle.
Soon after Rackeith’s brides reached the walls which with the aid of grappling hooks they quickly scaled only to be engaged by the Thunderers regiment. Next to reach combat were the Vanakat who charged into the dwarf warriors blades held high. Initially it seemed the Druchii held the advantage as several Thunderers were killed and the witch elves managed to gain a foothold on the wall. The Vanakat carved apart a huge swathe of dwarfs however Draichs are massive weapons which are tiring to use granting the dwarf Thane a chance to counter attack. With a cry of “Karak Hadhod!” the dwarf cleaved apart two executioners, their intricate armour providing no defence against the dwarf’s rune axe, this in turn emboldened his fellow clansmen who locked shields to form a shieldwall.
Before Rackeith could steer his chariot into the melee the remnants of the cannon crew, who had somehow managed to beat of the daemons, sent a shell straight at his chariot smashing it to splinters. Rackeith was hurled clear by the explosion and snarling angrily plunged into the fray challenging the Dawi thane to face him in single combat. The dwarf accepted and the regiments parted, clearing a ground for the two leaders to fight in. The dwarf made the first move rushing Rackeith with his shield held high. The elf contemptfully stepped aside before turning and slashing his enchanted draich across the dwarfs exposed back, cutting deep into the spine. The dwarf struggled to fight on but Rackeith easily avoided his ever more feeble blows before dancing in and severing the Thane’s neck with one powerful blow.
Still the Dawi struggled to fight on as the engineer and his men were once more assailed by the daemons and Diana plunged into the embattled warrior unit mounted on her cold one Thorn and wielding both staff and sword. Outnumbered and leaderless the dwarfs could not hold for long and finally turned and fled back into the city.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

While Rackeith consolidated his hold on the breach it fell to Draco to command the pursuit of the stunted ones. The army of The Khaladh Oriour Har swept into the city in full pursuit of the tattered remnants of the dwarf army. Eventually the dwarfs turned to fight once more, having established themselves on the far bank of a canal which cut through the south-east quarter of the city. Here they were joined by a small band of human peasants and the hulking form of an ogre Maneater.
The Druchii did not pause and charged towards this new position. However before they could reach the dwarfs a troll lumbered out of one of the buildings and crashed into the peasants ripping one apart before eating the remains. It in turn was charged by the Maneater which expertly hamstrung the beast before cleaving it apart, an injury not even a troll can regenerate.
The Dark elves made the best possible use of this distraction by using the combat as a shield from the dwarf shooting. Because of this it was the Druchii who fired the opening volley picking out targets among the hand gunners while Alexia sent a chill wind at the cannon hoping to freeze its crew to death, when this failed she sent several bolts of ebony magic smashing into the war machine blasting one crew man to oblivion while deep cracks appeared in the great gun itself.
This was followed almost immediately by the first regiments reaching those enemies which had not managed to reach the safety of the far bank, namely the peasants and their ogre companion. Rackeith’s brides tore into the humans ripping them apart in a whirlwind of death while the Vanakat tore great chunks out of the Maneater with their Draichs.
These two units were left exposed with the destruction of their opponents however and were subjected to a vicious volley from the Thunderers. The howling remains of Rackeith’s Brides continued their rampage into the dwarf warriors, however the dwarf shield wall proved to much for the witch elves and they turned to flee.
Seeing the first assault fail Draco led his spearmen into the victorious dwarfs. Hetiahn leaped out of the ranks of spearelves and killed almost half a dozen with his two poison coated blades. Snarling with pleasure he charged an almost naked dwarf with bright orange hair and wielding two axes . Hetiahn’s first strike was blocked by the slayers axe and the assassin had too jump backwards to avoid the slayers other axe as it swept towards his stomach. Hetiahn was shocked, this dwarf was far faster than any he had encountered before Hetiahn knew he would have to treat this new foe with respect. Once again he launched himself on the slayer and the two opponents traded blow after blow seemingly perfectly matched. The slayer brought both axes down in a mighty overhead sweep which Hetiahn had to use both his own blades to block the attack, but this left the dwarf open and the assassin seized his chance bringing his knee up into the dwarf’s crotch howling with rage the dwarf backed off parrying Hetiahn’s renewed attack, however one of his blades nicked the dwarfs arm. Not noticing this injury the slayer attacked once more but it was apparent his attacks were losing strength, the skin on his left arm bubbled like molten wax. Enraged the dwarf fought on with his remaining good arm but within seconds he had succumbed to the poison.
With the Druchii over the canal the engineer in command of the dwarf forces recognised defeat and led his remaining dwarfs in a suicidal charge which was brought down by disciplined volleys from Alexia’s crossbow regiment.
Last edited by Fingol23 on Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You fight dwaves quite a lot dont you?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

My brother and several people at GW collect them.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

I was tempted to use Walrus's character for this :twisted: but decided to give him one more chance !wink!

Seated on his throne within the ancient gatehouse of Tor Thana Rackeith smiled, his attack had been a glorious success with nearly every noble under his command executing his orders quickly and efficiently. However a couple of generals, one in particular had failed in his duties and Rackeith did not like failure.
The candles lighting the chamber guttered as Darius of the House Lurhan entered. He was the general who had let down the Exile Lord and although he didn’t know it he was about to pay for his failure. Still smiling Rackeith rose and greeted the arrival, “Ah Darius you have arrived. I have summoned you here to receive your reward for your actions in today’s engagement.”
“Thank you my Lord, I live to serve.” responded Darius.
Rackeith almost laughed at the fact that this incompetent fool still had no idea of his fate instead he gestured at another door n which an elven female was silhouetted, “Therein lies your reward.”
Greed written clear across his face Darius crossed to the doorway, where the she elf stood. She reached out as if to embrace the noble but instead flung him onto a stone altar in the centre of what used to be a guardroom. Before Darius had a chance to react she leapt on the dark elf pinning him with her slender but surprisingly strong legs. Picking up a sacrificial knife she made to stab the disgraced elf in the chest but stopped at a gesture from Rackeith. “Yes this is your reward Darius, the reward for failure. Your orders were simple, eliminate the Grobi scum and bring back as many as possible to use as slaves. As far as I could make out from you report you let over half the goblins escape, captured no slaves and managed to lose a detachment of Vanakat in the process. It is for this you are being rewarded.” with this final statement Rackeith turned away to the sound of a knife piercing flesh.”

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Tharii knelt before Rackeith’s throne within the gatehouse. “My lord, the Asur have arrived. Lisa was correct an entire legion has been sent from Hoeth to confront you. Presently they are camped on Beligos hill. It seems they expect you to fight them.” She trembled slightly as she said this, it was well known what fate meet the bearers of bad news.
Internally Rackeith seethed with rage, it should have been simple for his force to claim control of Tor Thana before the Asur arrived but the incompetent fools had failed him. Much of the city and crucially the ancient walls that defended it remained unclaimed. He had no way of stopping the Asur infiltrating the citadel. He cast about an object to vent his rage on, his eyes falling on the shivering messenger prostrate at his feet. Slowly he rose from his arcane throne and knelt in front of Tharii, his eyes locking with hers. His gauntlet darted out and grabbed her throat. Slowly he squeezed enjoying the look of absolute terror and pain in her face. Finally he released her and beckoned one of his bodyguard. “This coward is no further use to me have your will with her and then kill her.”
Tharii looked towards Hetiahn hoping that the actions of the night before last would be enough to persuade him to help her. Unwilling to meet her gaze Hetiahn looked away. Funny, thought Tharii grimly as she was dragged from the room, that this assassin could murder so many but not watch one elf be sentenced to death.
Returning to his throne Rackeith relaxed somewhat, his rage spent. “Summon the council.”

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The Khaladh Oriour Har had gathered around the council table which had been moved into an old guardroom inside Tor Thana. “Allies, the time has come for us to fight. The forces of Hoeth have arrived and are preparing for war. It seems they wish us to come and face them on the hill named Beligos. Now if we were in complete control of the city like I had intended,” here Rackeith stared pointedly at Ekiel Ake, a loyalist who had come in search of fame and fortune only to find defeat after defeat, “then I would have no intention of rising to this challenge, however as we have no chance of keeping the Asur I think it would be wise to use this opportunity to crush our cousins once and for all.”
Gorgoneth replied heatedly . “My Lord this is madness! You plan to risk all on a single battle and how do we know these dogs,” he gestured at the loyalist contingent, “won’t simply sneak off and leave us to die?”
Lord Kaihlik Rashia was the first to respond, “Rackeith you are fully aware, I am sure, that this is nothing but slander from a deranged psychopath clearly unable to contain his own feelings. If we had wished to abandon you we would have done so already.”
Gorgoneth rose from his seat drawing his twin blades, immediately Areon, and Kaihlik followed suit. Before the meeting could decline into a full scale brawl Rackeith intervened. “Sit all of you, we have no time for internal bickering.” grudgingly the nobles sat, “I have no intention of launching an all or nothing assault in fact I intend to keep half our force here in the Tor.”
“Dread Lord may I make a suggestion?” inquired a slight elf by the name of Syneri Gaunt.
“You may.” answered Rackeith.
“It would be a shame to waist such a valuable distraction. Why not launch a simultaneous raid on the Asur camp. I would be willing to lead such an assault, if it is agreeable.”
“For a share of the profits I suppose?” replied the Exile lord, a half smile playing across his lips. This Gaunt was a clever one.
“Would you begrudge me a share of my own spoils.”
“No of course not, carry out your raid.”
“Lord, I would like to volunteer to command the main battle, unless you were planning on overseeing it personally?” spoke Drainial in a tone of almost convincing tone of humility.
“I am going to remain in the citadel and to try and clear up the mess made by the more incompetent among you. So yes you can have command Drainial.”
“My lord you are not going to let this chaos scum command an army?” spluttered Gorgoneth
“Maybe you did not hear me priest but that is exactly what I plan to do, surely you do not object after all you are against the engagement aren’t you. However Drainial will not be in sole command, no he will be assisted by Lisa.”
At this Drainial’s smile which had been growing steadily at the High Priest’s humiliation disappeared. “The Vampire, my lord I must protest.”
“Am I disagreeable to you lord Shadowheart?” questioned Lisa.
Again Rackeith intervened before thing grew out of hand, “You must do nothing my ally, of course if you are uncomfortable with command?” Rackeith left the question hanging.
“Of course not.” replied Drainial through gritted teeth.
“Well that’s settled then. Tomorrow the war begins.” with this parting statement Rackeith exited the chamber.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Yay Kaihlik is suicidaly aggressive as usual. Keep us the good writing.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I dont think that Drainial would protest, he quite likes Lisa now and besides he is well aware that protesting will not make the slightest bit of differance.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Remember this is just before they are bonded in the heat of battle in the fluff you and tilmann have written

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The hall was filled with Druchii. several tables had been arranged around a central fighting pit which had hosted several fights between slaves of all races: Orcs, Dwarfs, Humans even Asur had fought to the death within it. The tables were laden with food and wine, testament to Syneri Gaunt’s successful raid on the high elf camp. As such he was sat next to Rackeith, a sure sign that he was high in the Exile Lord’s favour. In contrast Drainial and Lisa were seated as far from the high table as possible. The battle of Beligos Hill had led to the almost complete destruction of the Druchii forces involved, it was only due to Drainial’s immense power base and Lisa’s unique abilities that Rackeith had spared them. However Rackeith did notice with interest that the pair seemed far closer know and it had not escaped his attention that they had both arrived on the back of the same dragon, evidently they had overcome their mutual hatred.
Sitting to her father’s right Diana watched as the next bout began in the fighting arena, this was to be the real thing a fight between Druchii, the combatants were two witch elves, the favoured hags of Rackeith and Gorgoneth respectively.
They were both unarmoured, their sleek elegant bodies oiled and glistening in the torch light, each was armed with two matched swords which they wielded with skill to match that of the servants of Hoeth. The pair squared off waiting for one or the other of them to make the first move. They did not wait long as the Chreoshi cultist launched herself at the Bride of Rackeith who neatly sidestepped before aiming a viscous swipe at the cultist’s spine, who parried in the act of turning to face her opponent. Once more the Chreoshi was forced onto the defensive as Rackeith’s champion attacked with both blades at once one strike aimed at the head, the other at the midriff. Diana watched with growing anticipation as the cultist blocked the head strike but the strike at aimed at her midriff was merely deflected and slice deep into her breasts. Diana winced instinctively protecting her own organs. On a normal person the wound would have been crippling however the followers of Chreosh live for pain and torture themselves daily, still the witch would have been overcome if it wasn’t for the potent mix of toxins and drugs that flooded her system. As it was Gorgoneth’s champion gathered herself for one last all out attack. Screaming in pain, ecstacy and rage she launched herself at the Bride sinking her blade into the hags side. Diana rose from her seat excited by the sight of blood and wondering who would emerge victourious, that was until she noticed the Bride’s own blade emerge from the cultist’s back. The crowd bayed with anger their entertainment had been cut short. Sensing a riot in the making and enthralled by this game of life and death Diana threw aside her robe and leaped into the ring.
Immediately the crowd settled down although several scuffles broke out over the best positions to view this spectacle. Diana grinned as the cheers of the crowd washed over her and began to circle the surviving witch elf. The hag to began to circle and together they patrolled the perimeter of the fighting arena. With a howl the hag charged and Dian was hit by the realisation that this was a fight to the death and it was one she may lose. Thinking quickly she dropped to the floor and aimed a cut at her assailant’s leg. Diving to avoid the blow the witch elf crashed to the ground on the far side of Diana her blades flying into the pit wall. Diana’s own blade was knocked out of her hand by the Bride’s armoured boot, without giving the hag time to regain the initiative Diana pounced on the prostrate elf and they grappled together on the arena floor coating themselves in sand and blood which still poured from the witch elf’s wound. All the cockiness was gone from Diana now as the stronger elf pinned her to the ground and grabbed Diana’s fallen sword. Slowly and deliberately the khainite sank the blade into Dina’s cleavage. Diana felt the cold steel pierce her flesh and shuddered. From what she knew of Druchii fights the hag would inflict several such injuries on her before killing her. The hag withdrew the blade, as she struck again Diana seized the blade and altered its descent so that it instead struck the hag in the fork of the legs. Gasping the witch elf collapsed upon Diana who reacted immediately, reaching into the wound in her side and grabbing hold of the first thing she felt. The Hag screamed as Diana tore out her intestines, sruggling she tried to throw of the young sorceress but Diana persisted depositing her grisly trophy on the floor. With her intestines spilt upon the arena floor the hag died a look of absolute horror and agony on her face. Pushing the corpse off her Diana rose, covered in blood, and saluted the crowd.
She was surprised when Drainial stood on top of one of the tables and addressed the crowd, “Such a mighty victory deserves a mighty gift and I have one I wish to present.” He beckoned forward two retainers carrying a cage. Intrigued Diana climbed out of the pit and examined the cage. Inside was a high elf, whose tattered robes marked her out as nobility, she glared pure venom a Diana who smiled appreciatively at the Chaos worshipper. Caught momentarily off guard Drainial struggled to finish, “A high elf slave, a mage in fact, of course her powers have been blocked and you may use her as you wish.”
Rackeith was shocked; he hadn’t thought Drainial capable of lust. Several Druchii were looking distinctly upset including Gorgoneth, Syneri and Ares. The game begins he thought to himself.
Last edited by Fingol23 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Drainial’s men carried the slave to Diana’s chamber as she and Ares left the feast. “Send my thanks to your master. Tell him his gift is much appreciated.” Diana told the retainers who bowed and walked out.
“That was stupid taking such a risk my love.” scolded Ares gently.
“It was just a harmless bit of fun.” replied Diana.
“And is that just a harmless bit of fun?” questioned Ares gesturing to the blood that had seeped through Diana’s robe.
“It is nothing, just a scratch, anyway you can dress it for me later. Know why don’t we examine this gift of Drainial’s.” answered the sorceresses shrugging off the blood sodden garment to examine the wound before opening the cage in which the slave was kept. The High Elf tumbled out onto the luxurious rug that covered the cold flagstones of Diana’s chamber floor. Immediately she launched herself at Diana, swinging her manacled hands straight at Diana’s exposed wound. Her fist contacted sending Diana sprawling. The slave made a brake for the door but a bolt of dark magic sent her smashing into the wall. Wincing slightly Diana regained her feet and advanced upon her captive. “Spirited biatch aren’t you.” She said kicking the fallen Asur before bending down to examine the beautiful robe the slave was wearing, “What a pretty dress for a slave, I think it would suit me much better, don’t you?” With this Diana knelt over her slave and pulled her dress over her head leaving the Elf, who was powerless to resist due to Diana’s sorcery, shivering and naked on the flagstone floor. “Now before I release you there are a few lessons you need to learn. If you disobey me you will be whipped, if you disobey me twice you will spend an evening with my father’s bodyguard, disobey me thrice, well I suppose you know what a nauglir is?”
“Twisted biatch!” spat the captured mage.
“Exactly” smiled Diana, “Now Ares you were going to dress my wound…”
Freezing, terrified and humiliated the mage crawled into the corner as the two Druchii retired for the night.
Last edited by Fingol23 on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Hetiahn knelt before Rackeith’s throne, “My Lord the Dwarfs are here in force, it seems they have allied themselves with our twisted cousins and have come to steal what is rightfully ours.”
“Why can’t the scum mind their own business? This Gilidas must be one hell of a diplomat to persuade the stunted folk to help anyone but themselves.” Rackeith snapped angrily. The addition of dwarf siege weapons to the legion of swordmasters and mages of Heoth meant that his force had very little hope of holding the walls against the Asur host.
“So it would seem,” the assassin paused, never a good sign, “as he has also mustered the Hunters of Sigmar to his side.”
Rackeith swore, “Cowards, are they scared to fight us one on one.” A thought suddenly pierced the fog of rage that filled the Exile Lords head, “Still this alliance can’t be a comfortable one, the War of the Beard will have seen to that.” Slowly a smile spread across his face, “Hetiahn see that this alliance doesn’t become permanent will you.”
“I live to serve master.”

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

It has been a while but here is the next instalment also could a mod move this to the History of Druchii forum

Diana and Tillmann stood around a corpse that had been positioned in the room that had been commandeered for the creation of magical “weapons”, in reality it was where the sorceresses under Rackeith’s command prepared scrolls and power stones before battles, tonight it was to be used as the classroom for Diana’s first lesson in necromancy.
Desperately trying to keep his eyes from wandering over his pupil’s exquisite body Tillmann addressed Diana, “Necromancy is a difficult art milady, but for one of your extraordinary talents it should be relatively simple to master.”
“Enough flattery human, how do I make it live, how do I make it move, how do I make it kill?” she spoke the last word with a particular relish.
“First lady you must reach out with your mind and place a section of your consciousness inside these bodies.”
“You mean I have to touch this thing?” asked Diana recoiling slightly.
“Perhaps if the Lady is uncomfortable...” Tillmann was silenced by Diana’s glare, “Only with your mind my lady, and only for the briefest of times while you reignite the vessels own consciousness. Physical contact is not required.” He continued nervously.
“So I have to reach out with my mind.” repeated Diana, her face a mask of complete concentration.
“Here I will guide you.” said Tillmann reaching out with his own consciousness. He was surprised by what he found, the elf’s mind was like that of an adolescent but yet she must have been at least a hundred years old. He realised that this was all a game to Diana, and that the war was merely a short term distraction. Acts of cruelty were viewed as nothing more than childish pranks and games. The necromancer almost recoiled but forced himself to push on and guide the sorceress’s mind into the corpse.
Suddenly the body began to twitch and then climb unsteadily to its feet. Diana cast of the Necromancer’s guiding influence and began to control the corpse making it run around the room, although shambling might be a better term. Now it was moving, Diana felt the shattered mind inside stir to life whooping with exaltation she ordered it to kill the only other occupant of the room.
Spyrii watched with horror as Diana cast off his steadying mind and started to command the corpse with startling ease. He saw the zombie’s conscious return and was gripped with a sudden fear when it cocked its head to view him before advancing slowly across the room towards him. Casting off his terror he turned the creature to dust before leaving the chamber as quickly as he could, horrified by what had just occurred.
Hetiahn entered the enemy camp by night swathed in a black traveller’s cloak that helped him blend into the night, but would not look suspicious if he was stopped. With him he carried a single vial filled with clear liquid, a poison powerful enough to kill an ogre as well as a solitary blade of Asur manufacture. He walked through the camp, keeping to the shadows but walking with a clear purpose nonetheless, so that if he was seen it would seem as though he was just an Asur running a late night errand.
He saw sentries through him inquiring glances from time to time but Heitiahn thought nothing of it, indeed it was probably better if he was seen as it would through more suspicion on his twisted cousins. Finally he reached his destination, one of the human command tents. Two sentries standing at the entrance guarded it. This was the tricky part he must somehow enter the tent without leaving a single trace except from depositing the poison in one of the amphoras of elven wine that had been delivered as a gift from Gilidas earlier that day. The assassin licked his lips, at last a mission that would test his considerably skills.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

I have changed a few of the passages above so let me know what you think

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Under Siege
Draco stood ready on the walls, crossbow drawn, shield slung over his back as he waited for the Asur to come into range. What remained of the ancient city’s walls were lined with Druchii crossbowmen and the devastating reaper bolt throwers. Regiments of Vanaket and spearmen filled the breaches ready to repel the invaders, behind them waited the psychotic Rackeith’s Brides as well as the Exile Lord mounted in his ornate chariot. Above the city packs of harpies and daemons circled as well of the gigantic forms of several Dragons. These sights would of filled Draco with confidence if it had not been for the nature of their opposition. Against them was arrayed a full legion sent from Heoth as well as auxiliaries from all over Ulthan. They too had Dragons as well as a multitude Griffons and Eagles, each one carrying a mage or noble into battle. Below them marched serried ranks of Swordmasters and spearmen, there was even the occasional regiment of White Lions and Phoenix guard seeded among the approaching ranks.
As the Asur host advanced towards the city the Druchii opened fire. Metre long bolts scythed down ranks at a time while quarrels burst from the glittering breastplates of many Asur warriors. Still the foe came on marching in perfect discipline despite the weight of fire they were under.
Draco spotted an Asur marching at the forefront of the approaching host, he was holding a huge banner with a device that Draco did not recognise, perhaps this was Gilidas’s personal standard. It did not matter he was a High Elf, he was the enemy and he would kill him. He rested his crossbow on one of the crenulations to steady it as he sighted down its length. Breathing slowly he curled his finger round the trigger, as he breathed out he squeezed. The bolt flew from the crossbow straight towards its target who had no idea of the approaching missile until it struck him in the neck. He fell stricken to the ground, the glorious banner with him. Almost instantly it was trampled under foot by the advancing army none of whom dared to pause and reclaim it.
Despite their losses the Asur closed on the city, breaking into a run as they covered the last hundred metres between them and the Druchii. They skewered themselves on the bristling phalanxes of spears that awaited them but still they came on. Above Draco Dragons met in an inferno of flame and claw while Griffins tore at Manticores and packs of screeching harpies mugged the Great Eagles of the High Elves. Unfazed Draco continued to lay down fire into the enemy army, no longer hunting for trophy kills just concentrating on bringing as many High Elves as possible down. Suddenly a great cheer arose from the elves attacking the breach to his right as they broke through the Druchii phalanx. Immediately they were assailed by Rackeith’s Brides who tore into the victorious Asur, paying no regard for their safety. The High Elves were caught off guard by the savagery of the attack and several fell to the Druchiis’ poison blades before they managed to muster a defence. Once they had recovered from the savagery of the attack the High Elves fought back cleaving dozens of their attackers in twain with their huge blades.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Suddenly the Druchii’s nerve broke in the face of the Swordmasters’ iron discipline and they streamed back into the city followed by the High elf army who moved to secure the walls and lend support to their brethren at the other breaches. Sensing that they would soon be cut off Dracop gathered his command, Lady Alexia in their midst, and led them down the stairs which led from the ramparts to one of the many courtyards that littered the city. Already a group of attackers had begun to ascend the steps towards them. Seeing there was no time to bring them down with repeaters Draco seized the initiative and barrelled down the stairs towards the surprised Asur. He shouldered one over the balcony and sent him crashing to the floor a hundred feet below. The rest of his unit charged after him using the superior position to rain blows down on the High Elves who were forced to focus all thoughts on defence.
Alexia watched the battle with a detached interest perfectly aware that she could end it in an instant but at the same time deciding not to. She wished to see how her men fought and what manner of foe they would fight in her name. So far they were proving to be satisfactory as they slew those who had the temerity to block her path. That the walls had fallen was no surprise to the sorceress. To hold the walls had never been Rackeith’s intention. Instead they were to use the superior position to reduce the number of their accursed kin. Now their advantage lost it was time for them to retreat to the relative safety of the citadel of Valus, first though they had to deal with these tiresome Asur who presumed it was their duty to stop them.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Anyone still reading?

Draco squared off against the last surviving Asur. The bodies at his feet attested to his skill as a combatant. Seizing the initiative Draco lashed out with his shield attempting to send the High elf tumbling down the stairs but the Asur dodged with supernatural grace before aiming a mighty two handed blow at Draco who brought his sword up to parry in the nick of time. This bastard’s fast thought Draco as he fended off another powerful blow this time catching it on his shield. He swore as his arm went numb and lashed out with his own sword once again the High elf dodged his mouth twisting into a contemptuous sneer. Infuriated Draco aimed a quick at his opponents chest. To his immense surprise the blow connected and sent the surprised elf tumbling down the stairway, there was a sickening crack as his neck broke. even Draco winced at the sight of the limp figure lying on the floor fifty foot below him its face contorted in agony.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Rackeith looked out from his sanctum in the Citadel of Valus at the Asur who were now pouring into the city. The plan had gone well, his forces had suffered only minimal losses while entire regiments of Asur had been obliterated. Hetiahn had been successful as well and the Hunters of Sigmar had withdrawn from the assault.
The Exile lord turned as someone entered the room. Drainial stood in the entrance resplendent in his plate armour, an ornate helm covering his face. “You wish to see me my Lord?” His voice was silky smooth betraying nothing of its master’s mood.
“I noticed your forces were once again largely absent from the fighting today…” Rackeith left the comment hanging.
“I protest I sent several regiments of spear and crossbow to your aid my Lord.” The last word seemed to catch on the cultist’s throat.
“And where was the rest of your force exactly, more importantly where were you?” An accusatory tone entered the Exile Lords tone.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Just to let you know that I at least am still reading, plus let me know if you want me to write a small piece here to answer that question (I am sure I can think of one that would allay Rackiaths suspitions)

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Sure have a go and pm it to me

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

“I was otherwise engaged my lord.” Drainial’s full face helm shielded his expression from Rackeith’s penetrating glare.
“Really, how very... convenient. I wonder what your true aims are Drainial.”
“I assure you I will do anything in my power to capture Tor Thana and keep it out of the grip of our depraved kin.”
“Ever the wordsmiths aren’t you. Get out of my sight you are no true Druchii get out of my sight.” Rackeith gestured imperiously at the door through which Shadowheart had entered. For a moment the chaos worshipper hesitated before bowing his head in apparent submission and leaving the chamber.
Rackeith sat gently kneading his forhead. Politics was always exhausting and Drainial was accomplished even for a Druchii. In a simpler world he would simply have woken with Hetiahn’s blade sunk deep into his chest. But the truth was Rackeith needed him, he was an accomplished mage and more importantly commanded a large force which would be instrumental at holding the Asur at bay.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5