Lore of Sorceresses and the Six Convents

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Remite
Slave on the Altar

Lore of Sorceresses and the Six Convents

Post by Remite »

Is there any known lore on the Convents? Or, maybe a story about a Sorceress that could reveal some lore? I've been looking around for a while and I can't seem to find any. How disappointing!

Any help would be appreciated!
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Closes I can think of os the back story with Morathi's involvment of the Storm of Chaose, and the Spell sectition of the DE 6th ed book. I'm not sure of any official lit as of yet.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

There isn't much I'm afraid. Most depictions of the convents depict them as being very similar to the Temple of Khaine, but with the obviously different focus on magical study rather than on a diety. They seem to be just as influential as the Temple.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

1.The Reaper of the souls-quite lot of lore about convents-end of a book
2.The Reign of blood- Siege of Hag Graef- sorceresses unleashing their greatest powers- middle of the book
3.Dark elf armybook

Quess GW is careful about giving information since sometimes it is very hard to imagine how exaćtly it works when noble wish to ,,hire" sorceress
Fvc
Trainee Warrior

Post by Fvc »

One might like to take Sorcere in Menzoberranzan, of R. A. Salvatore fame, as creative inspiration on this matter...

Can a noble house hire a sorceress? I should think so, yes, and some houses might keep a sorceress or two on retainer, or command the loyalty of one through blood ties. However, sorceresses should in theory be ultimately loyal to the convents and not any one house, so it's a risky business.